** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Stoke v Arsenal > Sun 26 August

Re: Stoke v Arsenal > Sun 26 August I recommended Stoke DNB/+0.5 AH in this match last season and it ended 1-1. Looking at the prices, I'd say it has a good chance of coming in again. I definitely dont agree with the media claiming crisis at Arsenal yet everything is supposedly rosy at clubs like Liverpool who got murdered 3-0 by West Brom and have loads of average players despite spunking hundreds of million in the last 2 years., we will have a solid season and get Champions League football again, the problem is that we've made alot of changes and with the Euro's and all this pre-season travelling to Asia to sell shirts, some of the squad are not fully fit yet. They are still trying to gel. Wait for team-news later in the week, but Stoke are overpriced at 4.00 imo, I dont think at any point in the match will Stoke look like a side that should be 4.00, looks a tight match to me and I'd expect it to play out like that. BTTS might have a shot too, Stoke will score I'd say, we tend to allow one goal in against them with their route one tactics.

Re: Stoke v Arsenal > Sun 26 August I strongly tend to under 2,5 in this match. Arsenal was the better team against Sunderland, as expected, they had more shots, but most of them didn't go on target and none of them was a goal. Arsenal's offense wasn't great with Podolski and Giroud clearly not able to replace van Persie (yet). The midfield is weak with just Ramsey, Arteta and Cazorla being totally fit as Diaby made his first matchafter being out for such a long time. Stoke do well against the big clubs, especially at home. They are playing very physically which leads to problems for their opponents. They were unlucky in the end at Reading as the home team got a penalty which wasn't a penalty. Huth is back for Stoke as he made a surpirising come back against Reading after sustaining a viral meningitis. I see a 0-0 or 1-1 as the most likely outcome.

I agree with IAG, in thinking here you have to be backing stoke in some form. Arsenal have been dealt a double body blow early in the season by losing van persie and song. I would expect them to end up over the course of the season recovering, evening out and finishing between fourth and fifth. But I think there have been too many offensive changes that will make them similar to Chelsea; lacking in a fluid style if play. Stoke always make it tough for any side, but even more so, supposed top four sides, so I couldn't back arsenal at under maybe 2.8'ish. I can understand why they've been priced the way they have because their two sides are likely to finish many places apart, but at this stage of the season, and under these circumstances, the odds are a little out of whack.

To add as well, arsenal have only won once over stoke at the Britannia, in 2010. That was a 3-1 win the year Ryan shawcross was sent off for that awful challenge, and arsenal still required two late goals to win the game. That's enough for me. Stoke +0.5 is a shade under 1.8, which would be the bare minimum. Stoke +0.25 is around evens, but I'd much rather either be on both to score yes, and/or stoke to win by a margin of one goal. Both to score is priced @ 1.8 with BET365, and has come in each time they've played at the Brittania. The only doubt I have is the difficulties arsenal are having offensively, and whether or not a tough resolute stoke side are the sort of side they would want to be facing right now. You kind of get the feeling that they'd be better off facing a Norwich, where they're likely to get more joy in the final third.

Re: Stoke v Arsenal > Sun 26 August 4pts Arsenal to beat Stoke 5/4 Stan James Stoke look an even more limited side to me this season than they usually are and I think Arsenal can get the job done here. Arsenal still have quality in their ranks even without Robin van Persie whereas Stoke are more robust. If Arsenal allow Stoke to dominate they could be in trouble but if they can get the ball down and pass it then I think they will have too much quality, pace and precision for a technically poor Stoke side. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stoke-vs-arsenal-betting-arsenal-look-to-have-too-much-quality-for-stoke-even-without-van-persie

Re: Stoke v Arsenal > Sun 26 August Selection Stoke or Draw Strength 10/10 Date 26/08/2012 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.70 Reasoning I dont think Arsenal are anywhere near as good since the loss of RVP. Stoke at home always do quite well and were unlucky not to win last week. I do think Stoke can get something out of this game especially being at home.

Re: Stoke v Arsenal > Sun 26 August Stoke v Arsenal -0.25 @ 1.90 Bet365 (3 points) As a Stoke fan, I've got a bad feeling today. We do have a good home record v the Gunners and this has somehow developed into a bit of a grudge match. That type of game probably does suit Stoke with a siege mentality and the crowd behind them. Arsenal have lost a couple of key players and it seems like their new signings are still settling in on the evidence of their 0-0 v Sunderland. So everything Initially looks like its pointing towards Stoke on this one. However, everything is not rosy at the Britannia at the moment. I'm a big Pulis fan but a lot of the crowd are getting restless. Whitehead is suspended today so we could see a start for the ageing Delap or new signing Geoff Cameron which would be his first start in the prem. neither option is ideal. Wilson Palacios has been a disaster signing and just can't get fit. So a Glenn Whelan and delap/Cameron partnership isn't ideal and I can see us getting over run in the middle. We rely on a lot of wing play and matt etherington is bang out of form. And when he's out of form it can really leave Crouch isolated and lacking service. Traditionally, Arsenal do struggle in this game but today will be a great opportunity for them to win one back. Stoke will no doubt be a danger from set pieces and they will be solid at the back with two excellent centre halves in Shawcross and Huth. For that reason I will be taking Arsenal on the handicap rather than straight win. But I do fancy them to get the better of a Stoke side today who are in need of a couple of quality signings. This could be the perfect opportunity for the Arsenal new boys to take advantage of and make a name for themselves.

Re: Stoke v Arsenal > Sun 26 August I will go for goals here, instead of picking the winner My assuption is that both teams have scoring capabilities, and under normal circumstances Arsenal would be the favourite to win here. But when I look at the possible backline Jenkinson - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs I'm wondering how many they are going to let in this time. Especially Jenkinson looks dodgy, and Mertesacker is too slow I think for EPL standards. Of course the Gunners will be better and better after Arsene fits in the new signings, and Santi Cazorla looks like a great addition to the squad. I hope Arsenal wins today but I doubt whether they can keep a clean sheet, I really do. 4 out of 5 last f2f meetings produced over 2.5 goals. My picks for the game: over 2.5 @2.05 10/10pts Stoke goals >1.5 @3.00 4/10 pts Stoke goals >2.5 @8.00 0.5/10 pts all with bet365 the >2.5 I shall also combine with overs in Man City game, at the accumulated odds of 4, for low stakes

Re: Stoke v Arsenal > Sun 26 August Hi guys! This is my first post on the forum, even though i've followed it for quite a few years now! First of all i would like to thank you all for sharing all your knowledge about football and betting on the site, it has deffinetly improved my betting and my knowledge about football in general! :) To be honest about todays game, i must say i don't fancy stoke on this one. Even though Arsenal diden't get 3 points and struggled to score against Sunderland, i don't think the same thing will happen today at Britannia. One of the reasons why i don't believe so, is because of all the talking about players like Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud diden't manage to fill in the big hole RVP left up front, in last weeks game against Sunderland. I'm quite convinced that these 3 players are desperate to show off what they are capable of in todays game against Stoke. Especially Cazorla proved in their game against Sunderland, that he has the potential to cause alot of damage to a defence on his own, and he was very close twice to score a goal. I must also agree with Wisey that Stoke are having some problems in their midfield, and even though they have two very good centre halves in Shawcross and Huth, i think this is gonna be too big of a challenge for them. One more thing to add is that Chamberlain will be back for Arsenal, and if he can bring some of his excellent play he showed us in the european championship this year, he can become a threat to stoke aswell. I may be wrong, but i don't think this is gonna be too big of a challenge for Arsenal, and i think Stoke will be beaten today at Britannia. Stoke v Arsenal @ 2.25 >bet365

Re: Stoke v Arsenal > Sun 26 August Stoke @ 3.38 pinnacle Stoke did well last week only to be undone by a late penalty to share the spoils while Arsenal drew 0-0 at home to Sunderland where they looked out of sorts and not their usual self. Much of this could be to the loss of van Persie and now that Song has also gone, they are starting to lose that quality they had. It is never an easy game for them when they go to Stoke, as they have won just once in their last 5 visits in all competitions, so like the look of the home side, who will be direct, and target their centre pairing of Vermaelen and Mertesacker. Crouch should quite a few balls his way and he will look for Walters with the knock downs. While Cazorla looks an interesting buy for Arsenal, not sure the other players can withstand a physical Stoke side who will be in their face all day. Pulis will have his boys charged for this first home game and like them to edge it here 4-8 (-2.47)

Re: Stoke v Arsenal > Sun 26 August Just back from holiday, have missed the best prices on Stoke, but it's still good value to back them on the 0.25AH line @ 1.94 (Ladbrokes) IMO, though Wisey's post has worried me a bit. Long-term it has been good to back Stoke against the big clubs, especially Arsenal. Arsenal have only won one game there (out of five) since Stoke became a PL side, although one of those games was in the Cup. Stoke also avoided defeat in all but four of their home games last season, and didn't lose to any of the big teams. Although I don't like to bet much at this stage of the season, I think this is one of those games which won't change much year after year; as long as Pulis and Wenger and their respective styles remain intact I think Arsenal will struggle in this fixture. So I've placed a bet on Stoke +0.25 here (6/10).

Re: Stoke v Arsenal > Sun 26 August ok as far as i can work out market has moved pretty big against arsenal due to this mannone lad in goal for arse.IMHO whitehead out is a big minus for stoke stats show they perform substantially worse without him.Arse didnt look too bad to me v wba and i feel this move has created plenty of value. Taking the 2.05 -.25 sbo

Re: Stoke v Arsenal > Sun 26 August

Selection Stoke or Draw Strength 10/10 Date 26/08/2012 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.70 Reasoning I dont think Arsenal are anywhere near as good since the loss of RVP. Stoke at home always do quite well and were unlucky not to win last week. I do think Stoke can get something out of this game especially being at home.
Happy with that. Still 10 points down for the season but getting it back.

Re: Stoke v Arsenal > Sun 26 August

I will go for goals here, instead of picking the winner My assuption is that both teams have scoring capabilities, and under normal circumstances Arsenal would be the favourite to win here. But when I look at the possible backline Jenkinson - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs I'm wondering how many they are going to let in this time. Especially Jenkinson looks dodgy, and Mertesacker is too slow I think for EPL standards. Of course the Gunners will be better and better after Arsene fits in the new signings, and Santi Cazorla looks like a great addition to the squad. I hope Arsenal wins today but I doubt whether they can keep a clean sheet, I really do. 4 out of 5 last f2f meetings produced over 2.5 goals. My picks for the game: over 2.5 @2.05 10/10pts Stoke goals >1.5 @3.00 4/10 pts Stoke goals >2.5 @8.00 0.5/10 pts all with bet365 the >2.5 I shall also combine with overs in Man City game, at the accumulated odds of 4, for low stakes
not this time - I got it all wrong :(