Confused but happy

I've been following a 'method' of taking a quick (30 mins per race) view of the form recently and trying to pick the animals that look over priced at first glance. It's way detached from my previous approaches which depended on detailed investigation of various form lines. It feels like I'm taking a helicopter view of the form and ratings and almost picking the 'obvious' prices that are out of line. Therefore it feels like it shouldn't work. But it is. I just thought it was worth sharing as whilst I'm happy to be banging in the profits it feels like I should be working harder for it. Really hard to explain but I also feel really good about losing days too (like today) as I seem to be there about's at decent prices. I just wonder if it'll all turn sour some time soon as it seems too good to be true. What seems to be happening is that when I do hit a winner (rarely) it's winning back losses plus a small profit but quite honestly surprises me given that I seem to be mostly (because of the good odds) backing horses I don't actually fancy to win but do fancy to be over priced. This game is really daft as it seems the best way to win is to not bother too much about whether you win an individual race at all. Like, really not care. For example, I backed Red Duke today in the second race at Goodwood purely because the price I got was (imo) really high. I thought it had peaked (and it turned out it had) but it felt too big a price. Result, it lost. However, I'm way up on the week due to a couple of similar animals that went in despite me not fancying them. Weird or what

Re: Confused but happy I've been doing the same thing for several months Not sure what happened but about 6 months ago I just got fed up of my usual thorough form study methods and just stopped Since then I've been picking horses by a brief glance through the card, checking the RPR, betting odds, trainer RTF and just drawing upon my inbuilt stock of knowledge built up over the last few years Unlike you though, I'm not doing that well In the past when i've had periods of picking horses by flair rather than by work I've tended to go for the bigger price ones ......this appears to be what you're going through......this time I find I'm being drawn to favourites and not enough of them win to make a profit I'm not sure how to get out of this rut..........I think I might have to wait till November now and the all weather season to get going again...........:loon In the meantime I'm really thinking of some self-imposed rule like 'nothing under 5/1' just to stop me from picking favourites

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.