** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Betfair World Matchplay - 21-29 July

kevshat

Re: Betfair World Matchplay - 21-29 July Tiny loss for me last night. Going to do my bets tonight up really quickly and really briefly as I'm seriously pushed for time at the minute. Justin Pipe (-2.5 legs) to beat Joe Cullen- 10/11 Blue Square- (3/10) Going to side with Pipe here as I'm not so sure the rhythm of the game will suit Joe Cullen too much. He's an extremely talented youngster and is a really heavy scorer when he gets going but the pace of Pipe will slow him down and that may just unsettle him in his Matchplay debut. Pipe has shown he is one of the most consistent players on the tour over the past year or so and he'll be desperate to transfer that form he's shown on the floor over to the big stage. Pipe's beaten Cullen twice this year, including a 6-0 whitewash in a UK Open qualifier a few months back and I think he'll make it 3 wins out of 3 this season. Wes Newton vs James Hubbard- Over 6.5 180's- Evens Boylesports- (3/10) Like Kev I think this will be a lot closer than the odds suggest. Hubbard has shown he can perform against the big players on the stage as he beat Michael van Gerwen in the final of the Youth Championship comfortably and his all round game that day was faultless on the whole. He's actually coming into the Matchplay in better form that Wes Newton is. Over the past month or so, Newton has been losing to guys you really expect him to beat comfortably but generally this year, he's been in good form but just recently he seems to have gone off the boil a touch. Whatever the scoreline, I do think we'll see some maximums in this one as both can really pepper the T20. Newton despite his recent form, managed 4 180's in his 6-4 loss to Dudbridge and he usually scores a fair few 180's. Hubbard will contribute to the line as well so I think both of them together will cover the line. Dean Winstanley to beat Gary Anderson- 7/4 Bet365- (3/10) Even when Anderson is playing at his best, Winstanley has the scoring power to stay with him and even match him, but with all the personal issues and injuries Anderson has had over the past 6 months or so, I can't be having him as such a big favourite here. He's recently had eye problems which meant he had to withdraw from games mid match and despite saying he's over them, that's certainly no guarantee. Winstanley has shown what he can do, both in the BDO and the Grand Slam in recent times, and the fact he's qualified for the Matchplay in such short time after making the switch to the PDC shows how well he has played. Winstanley scores well and generally is solid with his finishing, especially when on tops and he looks good value for the win here. Dave Chisnall vs Ronnie Baxter- Over 16.5 legs- Evens Boylesports- (3/10) I know what great form Chisnall has been in this year, but the Rocket has hardly been playing badly either. He has been scoring extremely heavily and has been notching up good averages all season on the floor and even on the stage he has performed well. He's got the scoring power to certainly keep things close with Chizzy, especially if he misses a few doubles like he's prone to do so I'll back both guys to play out a close match.

Re: Betfair World Matchplay - 21-29 July Bit late tonight. Will post up in a few posts. First match in this one. Going with two. This one.....

Tuesday night match previews: 3pts J.Cullen to beat J.Pipe 9/4 Betfred

I think Cullen has every chance here. He is a very solid young player who scores well and isn’t too shabby on his doubles. He has a lovely rhythm to his throw and as long as he isn’t put off by Pipe’s slow pace then I think the Yorkshire youngster will go well. Pipe hasn’t shown on the big stage any signs of the 100+ averages he destroys players with on the floor and if he’s around the 95 average mark that brings Cullen bang into play. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/pipe-vs-cullen-betting-joe-cullen-could-cause-an-upset-if-pipe-flatters-to-deceive-on-the-big-stage-again

and this one.... 3pts J.Cullen Over 2.5 180's 9/10 Boylesports This line looks a little bit low to me for a very talented young player who can hit a few 180's when he gets going. I think the general feeling, and certainly my feeling is that this will be a close match so there should be a few legs in it so plenty of time for Cullen to nail three 180's. The only way I don't see this landing is if Pipe puts Cullen off with his slow throw. They've played enough times for Cullen to be used to that though so I expect him to nail the 3 180's we need.

Re: Betfair World Matchplay - 21-29 July And here's the rest...... 4pts J.Hubbard Over 2.5 180's Evs Blue Square No idea where this line comes from either. It can only be that they think Hubbard will freeze on the big occasion but I'm far from convinced that will happen. The way Hubbard scores he might only need 15 legs in the match to bring this in and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't need that leg. All youngsters score well these days and Hubbard is another of them and I expect at least 3 180's out of him tonight.

4pts D.Winstanley to beat G.Anderson 7/4 BetVictor

The Englishman is a quality player in his own right, let’s make no mistake about that and he could beat a fully fit Anderson, he’s that good. He scores just as heavy as Anderson and while he offers up some interesting counting sequences once he’s on tops he doesn’t miss it too often. I can’t be having Anderson here based on his rotten Premier League showing and doubts over his condition. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/anderson-vs-winstanley-betting-dean-winstanley-looks-the-value-in-the-pick-of-the-first-round-ties 4pts R.Baxter's match average - Over 91.5 5/6 BetVictor

Baxter has been touching 100 average in the big matches recently and is regularly over 95. With the scoring which will be on show here unless there are a plethora of missed doubles I don’t expect either to average lower than 95. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/chisnall-vs-baxter-betting-ronnie-baxter-can-end-with-a-match-average-much-higher-than-the-predicted-line

4pts D.Chisnall vs R.Baxter - Over 7.5 180's 4/5 Skybet This line looks mighty low too especially if this is as close as many would expect it to be. I think it might be quite close too and if it is then Chisnall could go mental on the 180's. To be fair even if he wins easily which I don't see happening the chances are he will have gone mad with 180's. Baxter is almost a certainty to contribute to the 180's line too, if we remember back to the UK Open where he played Taylor he more than held his own courtesy of a few 180's and I expect him to produce a few here. Realistically 3 180's from Baxter will be all we need but there's plenty of scenarios where we won't even need that many given how well Chisnall scores. I'd be surprised if we don't see 180's in this match and 8 of them at that.

Re: Betfair World Matchplay - 21-29 July

27 180s last nite so scraped by,theres a few that stand out tonite Gary Anderson vs Dean Winstanley Anderson most 180s 11/10 Boylesports Anderson is the most prolific hitter of 180s on tour and despite his recent injury and eye surgery expect him to outscore Winstanley.Very rare to get 11/10 on Anderson and cant pass it by Wes Newton vs James Hubbard Newton - 2.5 legs 8/11 Blue Square A lot to expect for Hubbard the world youth champion to beat world number 5 Newton.Still too soon for him I think and can see Newtons experience seeing him thru.Expect Newton to win 10-6 or better
Thanks pal,followed you yesterday also

Re: Betfair World Matchplay - 21-29 July Anderson led 6-2 or 7-2 in the 180s but in the end they finished level,gutted A few that stand out tonite As I already said van Gerwen should get the most 180s against Beaton.The odds have actually increased slightly to evens and 11/10.Beaton unlikely to change winning ways of switching to the 19s and van Gerwen a high scorer when he gets going. James Wade vs Mark Walsh Walsh most 180s @ Evens Paddy Power James Wade is hardly prolific on the 180s and like Beaton is inclined to switch below.He averaged almost 98 against Burnett and only hit 2.Mark Walsh hit 6 against Osborne without playing that well.Wade should win the match comfortably but I would expect Walsh to outscore him on the 180s. Adrian Lewis over 6.5 180s @ 5/6 bet365 Lewis hit 5 against Thornton but bear in mind the match finished 10-0 and there should be at least 20 legs tonite in the first to 13 format.We all know how easy it is for Lewis to hit the trebles and can see him getting at least 8 or 9.Some bookies only offering 4/6 and 4/5 on this line but will take the 5/6 at Bet365

Re: Betfair World Matchplay - 21-29 July Tonight's match previews: 4pts M.van Gerwen vs S.Beaton - Over 21.5 legs 10/11 Blue Square

Neither one has a significant advantage on the other in any area of the game and both are fast, fluent throwers so nobody is going to struggle with the pace so I would expect this to be a good old slog for both men and fully expect this to go deep. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-beaton-betting-two-fluent-throwers-look-set-for-a-close-game-to-open-round-2-in-blackpool 4pts J.Wade (-4.5 legs) to beat M.Walsh 4/5 Skybet

Walsh doesn’t have the scoring power or consistency to rattle off a run of legs and if this comes down to a contest of hitting doubles then there is only one winner by a long way. Wade looks focused to go well in his favourite event again and I see him winning this no worse than 13-8. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-walsh-betting-james-wade-can-make-short-work-of-mark-walsh-in-the-world-matchplay 5pts R.Barneveld vs T.Jenkins - Over 21.5 legs 5/6 William Hill

I think this could be a really close match and I wouldn’t be surprised if they need extra legs to separate them. Both their first round performances and past meetings suggest there isn’t much between the two so I strongly favour the over 21.5 legs line in this match. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/barneveld-vs-jenkins-betting-tie-of-the-second-round-looks-like-it-could-go-all-the-way 6pts A.Lewis (-5.5 legs) to beat A.Smith Evs Blue Square

I expect Adrian Lewis to win this match and win it by a considerable margin. Andy Smith isn’t in good form and with the heat in the UK at the minute the Blackpool stage will be unbearable for someone as big as Smith is. Lewis is the better player anyway and he looks to be in much better form than Smith is so I expect the world champion to triumph and do so no worse than 13-7. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-smith-betting-adrian-lewis-can-round-off-wednesday-night-with-a-big-win-over-the-pieman

Re: Betfair World Matchplay - 21-29 July Much better night for me last night. Hoping to replicate that tonight where I'm taking 5. These three.....

4pts M.van Gerwen vs S.Beaton - Over 21.5 legs 10/11 Blue Square

Neither one has a significant advantage on the other in any area of the game and both are fast, fluent throwers so nobody is going to struggle with the pace so I would expect this to be a good old slog for both men and fully expect this to go deep. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-beaton-betting-two-fluent-throwers-look-set-for-a-close-game-to-open-round-2-in-blackpool 5pts R.Barneveld vs T.Jenkins - Over 21.5 legs 5/6 William Hill

I think this could be a really close match and I wouldn’t be surprised if they need extra legs to separate them. Both their first round performances and past meetings suggest there isn’t much between the two so I strongly favour the over 21.5 legs line in this match. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/barneveld-vs-jenkins-betting-tie-of-the-second-round-looks-like-it-could-go-all-the-way 6pts A.Lewis (-5.5 legs) to beat A.Smith Evs Blue Square

I expect Adrian Lewis to win this match and win it by a considerable margin. Andy Smith isn’t in good form and with the heat in the UK at the minute the Blackpool stage will be unbearable for someone as big as Smith is. Lewis is the better player anyway and he looks to be in much better form than Smith is so I expect the world champion to triumph and do so no worse than 13-7. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-smith-betting-adrian-lewis-can-round-off-wednesday-night-with-a-big-win-over-the-pieman

3pts S.Beaton to beat M.van Gerwen 13/8 Ladbrokes The drift on Beaton has convinced me to get involved in him here. I don't really understand why he's drifting because I thought he was very impressive against Kevin Painter on Sunday night. He had a lovely rhythm to his throw which is when we know Beaton is playing well and had he not missed a load of doubles in the first five legs his average would have been over the 100 mark. Although he didn't hit a 180 in the match he hit a lot of two treble visits in what I thought was impressive. Michael van Gerwen played well against Simon Whitlock in the first round, there's no doubt about that but Whitlock wasn't at his best especially in the early stages where he wasn't even averaging 80. You can only beat what's in front of you admittedly but I think MVG will have to improve on his first round performance to live with Beaton tonight should Beaton play as well as he did the other night again. Beaton had just been showing some signs of form coming into this tournament and consolidated that in the first round and at 13/8 I think he's extremely good value in a match which I personally see as little more than 50/50. 3pts T.Jenkins to beat R.Barneveld 9/4 Ladbrokes This price is a joke to be fair. Terry Jenkins is no mug and never has been and Barneveld has never been a certainty to beat Jenkins. I think this will be close and I'm still not convinced Barneveld is back to his best at getting over the line in a close match. We saw in the Premier League when matches against top opponents got tight he just tensed up a bit and couldn't get the job done with crucial key doubles getting missed and I fancy that could happen tonight. There wasn't a lot in their first round averages but Jenkins played six more legs than Barneveld which makes it harder to maintain an average so you could easily argue he played better in the first round even though Barneveld was impressive. I just have concerns about Barney in the real tight matches at the minute and if Jenkins can get this into the 22nd leg and beyond he could well just find the ultimate reward at the end of it at what has to be said is a pretty insulting price for someone with the record Jenkins has and the form he's in coming into the tournament.

Re: Betfair World Matchplay - 21-29 July I was very impressed by the performance of Michael Van Gerwen yesterday. By far the best I've seen from this super talented youngster since I started following darts (5-6 years ago more or less). Big scoring, fantastic finishes, an outstanding 9-darter and a win against a man who was in super form and playing close to his best ever (probably), a success that required a hard fight till the last dart and all that happened in the second best tournament in the world, on such a special stage and in a long-format match. Impressive! Very disappointed by Barney and Lewis as usual seemed to get his black spot after 17 consecutive legs won. Would love to see the young Dutchman beat Wade but will think twice as 2/1 maybe isn't a gift vs one of the best players in the world who loves this tournament. A lot of nice matches tonight but no bet for me once again.

Re: Betfair World Matchplay - 21-29 July Tonight's TV match previews: 4pts A.Hamilton to beat M.Webster 4/5 Coral

I sense Webster was just a bit fortunate in the first round and one thing which is for certain is Andy Hamilton won’t just give up like Colin Lloyd did. Another thing which is certain is Webster will need to play a lot better than an 86 average if he’s to win this match. I like how Andy Hamilton is playing at the minute though and even at just on odds on I expect him to come through this one. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-webster-betting-andy-hamilton-can-come-through-against-webster-in-thursday-s-opening-match 4pts W.Newton (-2.5 legs) to beat J.Pipe 6/5 Stan James

Newton leads their head to head 6-2 despite Pipe being such a good player on the floor. We’ve still not seen the best of the Somerset former cage fighter on the big stage though and if that continues to be the case in this match I expect Newton to win and win no worse than 13-10.

Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-pipe-betting-wes-newton-has-the-quality-to-come-through-against-the-slow-style-of-pipe

4pts I.White (+6.5 legs) to beat P.Taylor Evs Ladbrokes

There’s no doubt Ian White is playing better darts now then he’s ever done and he has nothing to lose in this match so he can give it his all and see where it gets him. I don’t think he’ll disgrace himself in this match and while I expect Taylor to win I see no reason why White can’t take a few legs from him. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-white-betting-phil-taylor-could-be-made-to-wait-longer-than-expected-to-seal-quarter-final-place 4pts D.Winstanley to beat R.Baxter 10/11 Skybet

This is probably the closest looking match of the night on paper but for me Winstanley will be just a bit too strong. He scores very heavily and if he can hit his doubles from the first leg then I think he will just about have enough to edge out a resurging Ronnie Baxter. Winstanley got better and better the tighter his first round match went and that bodes well for him here in my opinion. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/winstanley-vs-baxter-betting-dean-winstanley-s-all-round-game-should-be-just-enough-to-see-him-into-quarter-finals

Re: Betfair World Matchplay - 21-29 July One more for me 5pts Hamilton to bt Webster ------4/5 Sky Bet Not a lot to add to what Kev has said above really, the facts are that the hammer is playing with bundles of confidence whereas Webby has not got too much confidence in his game right now.I expect the hammer to batter the treble 20 and as the match runs its course the welshman will not have a answer to Hamiltons heavy scoring.

Re: Betfair World Matchplay - 21-29 July Been three good days for me in this tournament to put me up to +28.97pts overall now. I'm going with three tonight. These two......

4pts A.Hamilton to beat M.Webster 4/5 Coral

I sense Webster was just a bit fortunate in the first round and one thing which is for certain is Andy Hamilton won’t just give up like Colin Lloyd did. Another thing which is certain is Webster will need to play a lot better than an 86 average if he’s to win this match. I like how Andy Hamilton is playing at the minute though and even at just on odds on I expect him to come through this one. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-webster-betting-andy-hamilton-can-come-through-against-webster-in-thursday-s-opening-match 4pts D.Winstanley to beat R.Baxter 10/11 Skybet

This is probably the closest looking match of the night on paper but for me Winstanley will be just a bit too strong. He scores very heavily and if he can hit his doubles from the first leg then I think he will just about have enough to edge out a resurging Ronnie Baxter. Winstanley got better and better the tighter his first round match went and that bodes well for him here in my opinion. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/winstanley-vs-baxter-betting-dean-winstanley-s-all-round-game-should-be-just-enough-to-see-him-into-quarter-finals

and this one..... 4pts D.Winstanley Over 5.5 180's 4/5 Blue Square Dean Winstanley is a heavy 180 scorer and it was no real surprise to me that he hit as many as 8 180's in the first round against Gary Anderson. The pace of this match should be good so I expect both to find a good rhythm and with that in mind I'll be surprised if Winstanley doesn't hit 6 180's in a match which could easily go to 23 legs and beyond. Winstanley always averages more than 1 180 every four legs and I would imagine he'll be nearer 1 in 3 like he was in the first round. There's no way this match has fewer than 18 legs in it so I'm happy to take the overs here.

Re: Betfair World Matchplay - 21-29 July Friday afternoon previews: 4pts J.Pipe to beat R.Baxter 8/11 Skybet

This will be a fascinating clash of styles. It’s the pace of the Rocket against the slow, deliberate style of Pipe and I just don’t see where Baxter is going to get a rhythm from in this match. One of the things which Pipe is best at is staying to his own style and not allowing himself to be rushed by faster opponents. He played the better darts in the last round and I would expect him to prevail here. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/pipe-vs-baxter-betting-justin-pipe-s-deliberate-style-could-mean-baxter-struggles-to-find-a-rhythm 5pts A.Lewis vs T.Jenkins - Over 26.5 legs 5/6 Betfred

I think this will be a really tight quarter final. If the right minded Adrian Lewis turns up he should win but I don’t see him running away with it because Jenkins is playing too well and he always digs in there. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-jenkins-betting-world-champion-lewis-could-be-drawn-into-his-first-tight-tussle-of-the-tournament

Re: Betfair World Matchplay - 21-29 July Been a bit busy this morning so I've missed the first match but I will take this one for the second match this afternoon.

5pts A.Lewis vs T.Jenkins - Over 26.5 legs 5/6 Betfred

I think this will be a really tight quarter final. If the right minded Adrian Lewis turns up he should win but I don’t see him running away with it because Jenkins is playing too well and he always digs in there. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-jenkins-betting-world-champion-lewis-could-be-drawn-into-his-first-tight-tussle-of-the-tournament

Re: Betfair World Matchplay - 21-29 July Tonight's match previews: 4pts A.Hamilton (+5.5 legs) to beat P.Taylor 10/11 Coral

Hamilton knows he won’t be able to get too far behind Taylor here if he wants to win but he will be encouraged by the fact that he pushed Taylor as close as anyone did in the Premier League when he only went down 8-6. That was when Taylor was at his absolute best and he doesn’t appear to be there at the minute so I think Hamilton has every chance here. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-hamilton-betting-world-finalist-can-stay-within-5-5-legs-of-the-defending-champion-in-blackpool 4pts M.van Gerwen to beat J.Wade 21/10 Paddy Power

James Wade has won the last six meetings between these two but the last one was only a 6-5 win. Van Gerwen is playing a lot better now than he was then and I think he has a real chance in this match if he can continue to produce the level he has so far in the tournament. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-van-gerwen-betting-michael-van-gerwen-has-the-quality-to-beat-wade-in-a-tight-quarter-final

Re: Betfair World Matchplay - 21-29 July A winning afternoon. 3 for tonight. These two.... Hamilton +5.5 has drifted to Evs with Boylesports since I wrote the preview so I've backed it there...

Tonight's match previews: 4pts A.Hamilton (+5.5 legs) to beat P.Taylor 10/11 Coral

Hamilton knows he won’t be able to get too far behind Taylor here if he wants to win but he will be encouraged by the fact that he pushed Taylor as close as anyone did in the Premier League when he only went down 8-6. That was when Taylor was at his absolute best and he doesn’t appear to be there at the minute so I think Hamilton has every chance here. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-hamilton-betting-world-finalist-can-stay-within-5-5-legs-of-the-defending-champion-in-blackpool 4pts M.van Gerwen to beat J.Wade 21/10 Paddy Power

James Wade has won the last six meetings between these two but the last one was only a 6-5 win. Van Gerwen is playing a lot better now than he was then and I think he has a real chance in this match if he can continue to produce the level he has so far in the tournament. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-van-gerwen-betting-michael-van-gerwen-has-the-quality-to-beat-wade-in-a-tight-quarter-final

and.... 5pts J.Wade vs M.van Gerwen - Over 26.5 legs 4/5 Skybet I can't see this being anything other than a close quarter final and I certainly don't see it being won by more than two breaks of throw which it would need to be in order for it to be 16-10 or worse. Both men are playing well. We're finally getting the best of the wonderkid on the PDC TV stage and Wade has averaged high 90's in his first two matches. Neither man is missing much and both are reliable enough on their doubles that holding throw will be a regular feature in this match. I really expect this to be very close with possibly only one break of throw in it at the end, it might even go into extra time I expect it to be that good and that close. However it's won and whoever it's won by I don't expect it to be won any easier than 16-11 either way.

2 for me tonight. At the Olympic tennis so no massive write ups I'm afraid. 4pts T.Jenkins to beat J.Wade 15/8 Skybet 5pts Over 28.5 legs 4/5 William Hill In order for this semi final to finish 17-11 or worse it would take three breaks of throw. The way both men are throwing I just don't see that happening. 17-12 is the bare minimum I'd expect but 17-14 or 17-15 is nearer the mark. Jenkins has beaten three good players this week two of whom are the equal of Wade if not better so the Bull looks value in this one especially given how close I see it going. Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using PL Forum