Going Descriptions of Late

Anyone else finding this a bit of a problem? Heavy at one course seems to be completely at another, there almost seems to be about 10 different versions of heavy going. Heavy yesterday at Newmarket didnt seem to bad, Mayson skipped through it quite nicely. But then at courses like Newcastle, Sandown, Pontefract etc it looks really tough to get through it. It's something i'm going to look into further i think, but it seems to me judging the severity of the really soft going of late is very important.

Re: Going Descriptions of Late This has been a problem for me too, i suppose you may get similar going stick readings for heavy ground but that won't neccessarily ride the same, if it's drying out it will probably get tacky where as if its rain thats only just into the ground then they may get through it easier, or maybe the make up of the ground itself vary's between courses some handle rain much better. Looking back on yesterday though one thing that doesn't make sense to me is the going at Hamilton described as Heavy(soft in places) is 7.1 on going stick, Newbury was the same but was 5.1 on the going stick and then at York going was Good(good to soft in places) and was also 7.1, what the hell is that all about.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.