** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Denmark v Germany June 17th

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th There are only few cases where Germany will not qualify from this group. If they lose to Denmark by 0–1 or 1–2 or by 2 goals or more they are out, but I really can't see it happening. In case of a draw Germany will win the group, so basically they don't have to win this game. Won't be surprised of Low decides to rest some of his key players, but even though they have enough squad depth not to lose here. So, I am kinda tempted to back a draw here and the odds look nice.

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th Mustafa, I do agree with you. I think that this game is very dependent on the other group match and the way it develops. I don't think the Dutch will be lagging be lagging behind in a third game in a row, and I think that there is a high probability that they will take the lead and win against Portugal. If Holland is leading in their game, it is very likely that both Germany and Denmark won't be pushing hard for the win. Live betting here might be a very good option.

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th Germany only need a draw to qualify and win the group, while Denmark have to win to be sure of qualiying - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18454917 I don't see either team really sitting back and relying on the other result. I see Denmark attacking here and Germany hitting them on the break, whichever players they use. I think there is a high chance of overs here, and I think odds of 1.91 on over 2.5 with 188bet are good value.

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th The referee for this game is Carlos Velasco Carballo, the same referee who showed 2 red and 3 yellow cards in the opening game between Poland and Greece. This guy is really nuts when it comes to showing cards and in his last 7 games (not including friendly between Qatar and Albania) he showed 45 yellow and 5 red cards. It is very likely that Germany will win this, but I do expect the Danes to fight till the last minute unlike Holland and with so much at stake I can see them losing discipline if thing don't go their way, which quite often results in rough and unnecessary tackles. Red card won't surprise me at all here. Over 55 Booking Points @ 2.15 ​William Hill

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th Yes, Germany would qualify with a draw but I do not believe they will be satisfied with that outcome. The Germans can be the only team to qualify with full point in the group stage and I think they will. I also do not think that they will build their game based on the development of the game - Germany will just want to win nevertheless. Agree to some posts above regarding changes in the starting 11 by Low. And I suspect Gotze and Shurrle/Rues for Muller/Podolski, Kroos for Khedira, Klose for Gomez - yes, please! Giving a change to players like Gotze will be nice for them and surely they will see it as opportunity to show their talent. A lot is speculating about Gotze to shine big for the first time for the national team and surely he will try to prove all people right about his qualities as soon as possible, in the first chance he gets. Klose is another story - he is just a different player with the NT shirt on and still can score and room around defenders. And if he starts, probably won't get the full 90 mins, so we can see Gomez who still will have enough time to score. And Bayern due Kroos - Schweinsteiger in the mid - also a good idea. Schweinsteiger is again outstanding and playing alongside with his club teammate can only contribute more to the teams performance - probably he will get some rest too but during the course of the game. So I am not afraid of the changes Low can do - I even encourage them! This will be a good opportunity for some players to shine and they will take it. I do not expect any changes in the back where they were great especially thanks to Hummels, Neuer, Lahm... I see hard time for Denmark to score here. And nonetheless - I do not rate Denmark that high right now. They won against Holland, yes, but the Dutch were severely out of shape and they did not manage to score after more than 20 attempts. Portugal also had a lot of chances to score and they did score 3 - I was about to give credit to Denmark for turning the game but then again they become unstable and lost it. Moreover - I do think that contribution to the two goals of Bendtner have the team of Portugal who lost concentration. And if Portugal and Holland manage to create so many goal opportunities I expect the Mancschaft do so too. And finally - I believe that after the first game of the tournament the teams do kick off their game and pick up a gear so I do not expect the Germans to have a bad day or to look out of shape here. Logic point to win for Germany for me and even if the bet looses I wouldn't care that much as I tend to believe that bets backed with logic, good reasoning and punter's confidence make profit for you in the long run which is the essential and most important part. Germany -0.75 @ 2.025 from Bet365 with 9/10 units GL!

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th That price on Germany just looks too short to me. Based on the fact they have no desire to seek three points, and the fact that Denmark could still qualify with a draw. They have shown a lot of fight in this group, when pre tournament they would have been written off completely. I just feel that if Germany do win it'll be by the odd goal, and therefore anything under evens doesn't appeal to me personally. Maybe Denmark + 2 AH Corners @ 1.97 - BET365 would appeal.... The thinking here is that Denmark should do most of the chasing. Especially if they are one down in the second half. Even if they're drawing I can't see Germany busting too much of a gut in order to score a few goals. Why risk injuries/suspension/fatigue when you can close the group out as winners in comfortable fashion.

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th Germany through with x2 Denmark through with x and portugal lose or any win vs. Germany. So Denmark has the option to defend for a 0:0 draw and hope for holland to beat Portugal. Thats their best odds option. Germany will take what they can get. Loew said he wont make many changes and plays with the first team. Im waiting for Reus, Schuerrle and Götze to get a opportunity to play. I do think they might get some time to play in the 2nd half and I guess loew would have palyed them if they had already qualified first from the start. Denmark gave away many chances vs. Holland and Portugal. They are lacking defensivly big time. Gomez on german side is in top form. Özil, Podolski and Müller didnt show top form yet and Im waiting for one of them to shine score and assist. They need to show more as their substitutions have much quality and wait to play. Surely Loew wont play the same offensive for 3 games each 85-90 minutes. (??!) Götze, Schuerrle and Reus trained good and must be hot to play. Giving them no time to play until the K.O phase might be a bit risky if you need them later on. They will be eager to show something to participate later on in the tourney. A really good performance with a goal would give them maybe(!) a place for a quarter final starting place. The danish will need to attack at some point. They are not as fresh as on the start of the tournament and have nothing to lose. If the other game doesnt go their favour or germany leads they will try their best as vs. Portugal to score a goal which offers the same space that will be converted by fast german attackers. As germany want to win to secure games near their camp in poland I think that the constellation offers a good opportunity to bet on the win for germany. The only thought that is negative for that is that maybe maybe they have in the back of the head that with a draw they might have a very easy go for the final with portugal out if they lose. Tough there are too many possibilites and I dont think that they play such a silly game that could go wrong too. In L'viv we will have perfect summer weather tomorrow evening. I have no fear that germany might give this game away to kick out holland or portugal. Thats not their mentality and it is associated with too many risks. They would lose a game near their camp and have to go back to play in ukraine what they didnt like cause of weather and long travel. Then again they defeated both holland and portugal and do not need to fear them in a probably semi final.(its the other way around) in short German attack with many possibilities to susbtitute other dangerous players will have the edge over a denmark team, that has not much to lose and needs to attack at some point. The germans do play from game to game better and are in great form offensivly and defensivly. The danish do give away many chances while germans are clinical in scoring. Germany is on fire with sky high confidence while still focused on the task. Some players didnt shine yet and have to prove themselves. Midfield looks very strong with Schweinsteiger hitting form. They want to be top group to play near their camp and a strong win would send a good message to the other teams. Clear germany win with low chances for a draw. Odds are Ok and would be much lower if germany would need to have a win 100%. Over seems not far away too but the possibility that germany wins through some goals is much higher as they seem very stable and alert in defense and I think they will be even better as Badstuber and hummels now have some more time together to get used to each other. My bets Germany win 6/10 Germany hc -1 4/10 Germany hc -2 2/10 Germany not to lose 10/10 Gomez to score 2/10 back up bets: Correct score 1:1 and 2:2 Weather 24° with 66% humidity. Its good conditions to play and weather wont be as hot and humdi as with the other game days were german players had some problems with it.

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th Denmark v Germany Sunday 17th June 19.45 Denmark have to win here to be sure of qualifying. Germany only need a draw. I think Denmark will try to attack Germany early on, and I see them getting some early corners, perhaps more than Germany. Odds of 3.2 for 'Race to 3 Corners' on Denmark seem too good to me (Germany are 1.3 and Neither is 26). Denmark do get a few corners anyway, and I think there is a good chance they will get more early corners than Germany tomorrow, so current odds are good value. It was a similar case tonight where Greece, needing the win, attacked early and won early corners although they were long odds to do so. It could be worth backing Denmark corners in other markets (Most Corners etc), but that is more risky because if Denmark take the lead, Germany will tend to win more corners as they attack to get an equaliser. Race to 3 Corners Denmark 3.2 Paddy Power Strength (confidence I have in the value of the bet): 6/10

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th

Denmark v Germany Sunday 17th June 19.45 Denmark have to win here to be sure of qualifying. Germany only need a draw. I think Denmark will try to attack Germany early on, and I see them getting some early corners, perhaps more than Germany. Odds of 3.2 for 'Race to 3 Corners' on Denmark seem too good to me (Germany are 1.3 and Neither is 26). Denmark do get a few corners anyway, and I think there is a good chance they will get more early corners than Germany tomorrow, so current odds are good value. It was a similar case tonight where Greece, needing the win, attacked early and won early corners although they were long odds to do so. It could be worth backing Denmark corners in other markets (Most Corners etc), but that is more risky because if Denmark take the lead, Germany will tend to win more corners as they attack to get an equaliser. Race to 3 Corners Denmark 3.2 Paddy Power Strength (confidence I have in the value of the bet): 6/10
Do you really think Denmark will attack from the start? I doubt that. Germany will play controled forward and Denmark will try to stand stable for the first minutes. Germany getting 1-2 early corners is very much possible. How does Denmark gets the corners? Fast winger rommedahl is missing. Krohn Dehli maybe? Neuer doesnt block many shots to the corner who might go in. He lets often even close balls go through. Germany right and left wings often track back to prevent space over the wings. Tough maybe value in it as the 1,3 for germany is very short.

Do you really think Denmark will attack from the start? I doubt that. Germany will play controled forward and Denmark will try to stand stable for the first minutes. Germany getting 1-2 early corners is very much possible. How does Denmark gets the corners? Fast winger rommedahl is missing. Krohn Dehli maybe? Neuer doesnt block many shots to the corner who might go in. He lets often even close balls go through. Germany right and left wings often track back to prevent space over the wings. Tough maybe value in it as the 1,3 for germany is very short.
Denmark seem to have a direct style and I've noticed they do get the ball wide to get crosses in - which results in corners. As I said earlier, I think Denmark will attack early on as they know they have to win. Of course, there is no guarantee they will get early corners and Germany might get more early corners with their class, but on balance I think odds of 3.2 make the Denmark bet worth taking. If the odds were 2.0 I might say no, but at 3.2 I think it's good value.

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th 5pts Germany to beat Denmark 8/11 Bet365

History shows taking them on isn’t always wise but on this occasion it looks the only logical play. Germany have been one of the best sides in the tournament and have beaten two more dangerous opponents without really being tested so far. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/denmark-vs-germany-betting--germany-can-top-the-group-with-a-100--record-by-beating-denmark

Denmark seem to have a direct style and I've noticed they do get the ball wide to get crosses in - which results in corners. As I said earlier' date=' I think Denmark will attack early on as they know they have to win. Of course, there is no guarantee they will get early corners and Germany might get more early corners with their class, but on balance I think odds of 3.2 make the Denmark bet worth taking. If the odds were 2.0 I might say no, but at 3.2 I think it's good value.[/quote'] Odds is good yes but they will have less space on the flanks as in the first two matches - Portugal as Holland wingers dont track back. Germany does this most the time. I wish you good luck, its good value. Right back Boateng wont play. Bender or Höwedes instead. This might lead to some insecurities at the flank, tough Bender looked very stable and awake vs holland.

Portugal had eleven corners against Germany.... sometimes it's purely down to who will likely be chasing the game, or pushing forward with purpose when deciding on corner markets.

Portugal had eleven corners against Germany.... sometimes it's purely down to who will likely be chasing the game' date=' or pushing forward with purpose when deciding on corner markets.[/quote'] I used the same approach and backed Holland to have more than 6 corners against Germany, and they already had 6 corners with 15 minutes to go and I thought that the bet is the winner. Well they were poor and couldn't get a single corners in the last 15 minutes.

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th There are many calculations before this match, but a draw is the most attractive to me. Otherwise, I don't have many bets on this competition and I'll play again just for fun. Maybe it's time for the first game without goals there... 0:0 @13 Stan James min stake

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th Germany have been the most impressive side in the Euros so far winning both of there group games comfortably whilst playing good football. They still aren't guarenteed qualification so will be trying to win the game and send out a message to there rivals. Denmark made a good game of it against Portugal and were unlucky to loose but the Germans are a step up in class. I expect the Germans to sneak this by the odd goal especially if Denmark start to take risks and be hit on the counter attack. Germany 1.7 WilliamHill

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th It's a dangerous game to play keeping one eye on what is going on elsewhere, and as mentioned above it's not the German way to 'throw' a game, well not one that runs the risk of them not finishing top. That said they have no need to extend themselves, and should it be the case that it is nil-nil in this game and Holland are leading comfortably, can it be said that either team would go all out to score a goal? I'm not so sure, but not brave enough to put anything but a tiny stake. Draw @ 3.8 Bet365 (2/10)

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th Germany -1 (EH) @ 2.75 sportsbet Germany -2 (EH) @ 5.50 sportsbet A draw for Germany is enough to get them to finish top of the group and progress through while Denmark cam go through with a draw but playing for this is fraught with danger given that a Portugal win will see them out. Germany have been efficient and done the job they need to do to progress but they have yet to hit their straps. They will like their chances of scoring against this Danish defence that has given up chances in both of their games to date, and if Germany do score a goal, then expect them to open up in the chase to get back level with them. Like the Germans to be able to expose this defence, and not only score once, but be able to do so on the counter again

I used the same approach and backed Holland to have more than 6 corners against Germany' date=' and they already had 6 corners with 15 minutes to go and I thought that the bet is the winner. Well they were poor and couldn't get a single corners in the last 15 minutes.[/quote'] Germany are one of the best sides at 'closing out the game'. Meaning, if they have a result that suits them, they are skilled at controlling the game and denying the other team the ball. Spain are also good at this. It often means their opponents find it very hard to get the ball towards the end of the game if they are losing. Early on, when the scores are level, it's easier, because both sides are looking for the first goal, but if Germany are beating Denmark tonight by, say 2 goals with 20 minutes to go, then I think it will be hard for Denmark to get the ball.

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th I Don't fancy many goals in this game think both will be cancelling each other out with Denmark that can't afford to lose, Also like the look of denmark to get a few corners in this match as like to play down the wings. Under 2.5 goals $1.92 sportsbet Home team multiple corners (Denmark) Over 2.5 corners $1.72 (Looks a very good bet to me) :hope

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th Just a note about the corners - I don't recommend relying on many corners for Denmark. You know that key factors for a team achieving many corners are: - attaining high number of attacks per game - developing attacks quickly - utilizing pace down the wings. Although I agree that Denmark indeed develops attacks quickly (usually just a few passes before the "final touch"), I have problems with the other two components. Denmark does not attack a lot, because they have little possession of the ball. Even if they need to push Germany for the win, they will still have little ball possession. It is mainly because of the Germany's style, focused on controlling the ball steadily - a style resembling the Spanish one, and centered around the skills and philosophy of players like Real Madrid's midfielders Kedhira and Ozil. Also, as someone mentioned before, to achieve many corners, your wingers must often outpace and outsmart the side defenders of the opponents. The difference in class in this respect is highly in favor of the German side.

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th Looks like a low-scoring game, most likely a draw to me. Germany needs a draw to top the group, and might see this as an opportunity to rest a few key players, so I wouldn't back them at these odds. Denmark need at least a draw if they are to have any hope of qualifying. NO BET :\

The referee for this game is Carlos Velasco Carballo, the same referee who showed 2 red and 3 yellow cards in the opening game between Poland and Greece. This guy is really nuts when it comes to showing cards and in his last 7 games (not including friendly between Qatar and Albania) he showed 45 yellow and 5 red cards. It is very likely that Germany will win this, but I do expect the Danes to fight till the last minute unlike Holland and with so much at stake I can see them losing discipline if thing don't go their way, which quite often results in rough and unnecessary tackles. Red card won't surprise me at all here. Over 55 Booking Points @ 2.15 ​William Hill
Agreed Mr Carlos Velasco Carballo loves the cards, The 2 yellows - leading to the red for Sokratis Papastathopoulos were a joke and ruined the game (no bitterness of course seeing as though i had money on Poland (10 men can be hard to play against) anyway - a leopard does not change his spots so he will be waving his cards tonight, the game is a strange one on the result market as the teams mentality can / may lay with whats going on it the other game... BUT the ref himself will not be affected by the other game and so over 55 booking points @ 2.15 appears value.

Agreed Mr Carlos Velasco Carballo loves the cards' date=' The 2 yellows - leading to the red for Sokratis Papastathopoulos were a joke and ruined the game (no bitterness of course seeing as though i had money on Poland (10 men can be hard to play against) anyway - a leopard does not change his spots so he will be waving his cards tonight, the game is a strange one on the result market as the teams mentality can / may lay with whats going on it the other game... BUT the ref himself will not be affected by the other game and so over 55 booking points @ 2.15 appears value.[/quote'] Looks like leopard has changed his spots. Not a single yellow card in the first half :(

Just a note about the corners - I don't recommend relying on many corners for Denmark. You know that key factors for a team achieving many corners are: - attaining high number of attacks per game - developing attacks quickly - utilizing pace down the wings. Although I agree that Denmark indeed develops attacks quickly (usually just a few passes before the "final touch"), I have problems with the other two components. Denmark does not attack a lot, because they have little possession of the ball. Even if they need to push Germany for the win, they will still have little ball possession. It is mainly because of the Germany's style, focused on controlling the ball steadily - a style resembling the Spanish one, and centered around the skills and philosophy of players like Real Madrid's midfielders Kedhira and Ozil. Also, as someone mentioned before, to achieve many corners, your wingers must often outpace and outsmart the side defenders of the opponents. The difference in class in this respect is highly in favor of the German side.
All very good points :ok

Denmark v Germany Sunday 17th June 19.45 Denmark have to win here to be sure of qualifying. Germany only need a draw. I think Denmark will try to attack Germany early on, and I see them getting some early corners, perhaps more than Germany. Odds of 3.2 for 'Race to 3 Corners' on Denmark seem too good to me (Germany are 1.3 and Neither is 26). Denmark do get a few corners anyway, and I think there is a good chance they will get more early corners than Germany tomorrow, so current odds are good value. It was a similar case tonight where Greece, needing the win, attacked early and won early corners although they were long odds to do so. It could be worth backing Denmark corners in other markets (Most Corners etc), but that is more risky because if Denmark take the lead, Germany will tend to win more corners as they attack to get an equaliser. Race to 3 Corners Denmark 3.2 Paddy Power Strength (confidence I have in the value of the bet): 6/10
At half time Score: 1-1 Corner count: 3-2 Bet won :ok After Denmark got two early corners, Germany dominated the game and won two corners themselves. Denmark got a 3rd corner just before half-time to make this bet a winner. Germany certainly had more of the ball and got a lot more players forward. Denmark had fewer attacks but still got three corners. It might be part of their strategy because they scored their goal from one. Corner bets are usually risky, and I might have been a bit lucky with this one, but I am happy to have taken the odds on offer. Stake: 6 points Returns: 19.2 Profit: 13.2 points

Germany have been the most impressive side in the Euros so far winning both of there group games comfortably whilst playing good football. They still aren't guarenteed qualification so will be trying to win the game and send out a message to there rivals. Denmark made a good game of it against Portugal and were unlucky to loose but the Germans are a step up in class. I expect the Germans to sneak this by the odd goal especially if Denmark start to take risks and be hit on the counter attack. Germany 1.7 WilliamHill
Unconvincing win by the Germans but the only side to win all three group games

Re: Denmark v Germany June 17th Well done corner backers. It was an exciting game that I personally did not bet on, Germany odds looked to short and and it was far from an easy win for them - at one point Bendtner should have had a penalty and Denmark would have had a good chance to take the lead and if they could keep it, eliminate Germany. Well done Denmark, impressive tournament even if you go home now :cheers