Event 21: $1,000 No-Limit Hold'em 10-12 June (Completed)

heniek31

Congratultions to Michael Gathy, Winner of Event 21 $1,000 No Limit Hold'em ($440,829)

bea2b72bd51.jpg Michael Gathy is $440,000 richer and will sport some new jewelry. The action is finished in Event 21, $1,000 No Limit Hold’em, of the World Series of Poker. The first $1,000 on the schedule attracted 2,779 players that had 227 players survive Day 1 and only 17 that survived Day 2. Michael Gathy outlasted them all and claimed the WSOP bracelet and $440,829.

[TABLE=class: usertable]

[TR=class: even] [TH]Place[/TH] [TH]Player[/TH] [TH]Prize[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: odd] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]Michael Gathy[/TD] [TD]$440,820[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]Jamie Armstrong[/TD] [TD]$273,776[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]Noah Vaillancourt[/TD] [TD]$193,089[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]John Esposito[/TD] [TD]$139,457[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd] [TD]5[/TD] [TD]Eric Baldwin[/TD] [TD]$101,948[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even] [TD]6[/TD] [TD]Eric Davis[/TD] [TD]$75,422[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd] [TD]7[/TD] [TD]Jean-Louis Santoni[/TD] [TD]$56,453[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even] [TD]8[/TD] [TD]Jason Manggunio[/TD] [TD]$42,749[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd] [TD]9[/TD] [TD]Joshua Field[/TD] [TD]$32,748[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 1 month later...

Re: Event 21: $1,000 No-Limit Hold'em 10-12 June (Completed) I was playing a cash game in the Belagio at the end of June. Nothing big, just a simple 1$/2$ game with the usual mix of casual players. About 1am this young guy arrives at the table and proceeds to try to make friends with everyone at the table, though his English is less than perfect, and he's he's obviously had a few drinks. He was pleasant enough, and one of the players asked him if he was just playing cash, to which he replied, "Actually, I've just won a gold bracelet". It seemed quite a wild claim for someone playing 1$/2$ and several people at the table didn't believe him. From the way he was playing, and because he didn't seem like someone who would BS , I decided he was telling the truth. Sure enough it is the winner of this event, Michael Gathy. BTW, he only got to keep $220, 410, because he was staked 50% by his friends. (I'd like a friend like that!). Oh, and he lost about $50 in 20 minutes, before moving to a $2/$5 table.