** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Flat Racing Friday - Oaks Day

Re: Flat Racing Friday - Oaks Day Hard Luck Rob n Ben - I couldn't say that it would definatly not have won given the way it was chopped so badely and having to come wide in the straight. No consolation I know. Thought JOB was a bit too confident on Maybe too. Rough, rough race imho. I know it's tradition etc etc, but surely it's the wrong course for Championship races... I suspect that won't be popular!

Re: Flat Racing Friday - Oaks Day I think its fair to say its been a pretty frustrating day for most of us on here. Feel sorry for you guys on The Fugue, especially those of you on at fancy prices. I reckon she would have won had she not suffered interference at the beginning of the race. She did well to stay upright but that incident probably made all the difference between winning and coming 3rd. Several others suffered at the back of the field but that may not have made any difference on the outcome. It was a very rough race but Was definitely got the run of the race and did well to hold on in the end. I think Kissed has to be backed when she next appears on soft ground. AOB very rarely has them 100% right after a break but Kissed still hacked up by 8 lengths. A horse called Aaraas finished 2nd to kissed in that race and then finished ahead of Was net time out. I know the form doesn't always work out like that but I reckon Kissed must be pretty smart!

Re: Flat Racing Friday - Oaks Day Thought Maybe looked fantastic before the race from what I've seen in my stream. But agree with you The Saint, JOB was maybe (great play of words^^) a bit too confident on Maybe. Full credit to Jamie Heffernan, though. He's very underrated in my mind, I said it often enough in the past. I'm holding him in high regard. He rode the perfect race today. It wasn't really a fast pace and so he manoeuvred Was into the right position when it mattered: close to rails, close to the pace. Have to say it was really hard for me today. Was sitting in a dark trainings room, tried to get all this stuff about my new job into my head but I always had to think about the race. Fortunately I was able to watch it as we have computers there, but to do this during the training, while a coach tries to explain important stuff is not that easy. I mean you're not supposed to watch streams during the training. When the race approached the final furlongs it was unbelievably hard not to shout a loud "come on" or something but to pretend to be be interested and to hear what the coach is talking about in that moment. Maybe I should be thankful that The Fugue finished only third as I guess I'd have found it hard to stay calm when my 33/1 Antepost bet would have won!

Re: Flat Racing Friday - Oaks Day Aye bad day at the office. My BBOTD and The Fugue both 3rd having suffered interference. The former probably wouldn't have won but the latter who knows. More than one hard luck story in the race but my record in the big races since posting on here has been an absolute shambles. I can't remember a decent winner. Thought today might be the day but knew once she nearly came down it was going to be a magnificent performance to win.

Re: Flat Racing Friday - Oaks Day

A lot of money on the winner an hour before the off! Another coup
It was 50-1 in the morning and still 40-1 for a while before the off but then they pop up an SP of 20-1 after the race. I've been impressed with J.O.B lately but he was poor on Maybe, possibly just a lack of experience around this course.

Re: Flat Racing Friday - Oaks Day Bruce Savage - excellent post earlier in the thread but bets need to be in points rather than £££ please, cheers. :ok We've had a few fantasists before that other people have followed making claims of huge bets when in reality they are 50p punters. Not suggesting that is you, just saying we've had it before and the £££ can sway people reading the forum.

Re: Flat Racing Friday - Oaks Day

It was 50-1 in the morning and still 40-1 for a while before the off but then they pop up an SP of 20-1 after the race. I've been impressed with J.O.B lately but he was poor on Maybe' date=' possibly just a lack of experience around this course.[/quote'] I knew they were planning another coup. That is why i backed Betterbetterbetter, unfortunately i backed the wrong one. The O'Brien's knew "WAS" had a big chance imo.