** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

European Tour 2012: Wales Open 31 May - Jun 3

kevshat

Re: European Tour 2012: Wales Open 31 May - Jun 3 *Bernd Wiesberger e/w @ 50/1 Coral* Had his first European Tour success of his career this year when he won the Ballantine's Championship, and seems to be improving all the time. He also finished 9th in the Joberg Open. Last season he had some very creditable score's, 2nd in the South African Open Championship, 5th in the Austrian Open, 2nd at Gleneagles, 4th in the Irish Open and a few Top 20's. So he is playing very decent golf. Coral go best priced 50/1, he is 40/1 generally, so i feel there is value in the price. *Gareth Maybin e/w @ 100/1 Coral* He has only missed 2 cuts in 2012, and in general has been playing very consistently. He was 14th in Abu Dhabi, 11th in the Sicilian Open, and 7th in the Spanish Open. Here in Wales, he should feel more at home being a Brit himself, and he definately has the game to figure in this field. With him being "local", he should have a better chance than 100/1, he has played well at Celtic Manor before and is worth a bet. *Michael Hoey e/w @ 150/1 Betfred* I am in disbelief at this price. This guy has won 4 european tour event's, and has won in 2012 already, winning the Trophee Hassan in Morocco. He played brilliant golf that weekend, and here in Wales he should be confident of another big performance. He had 2 wins on tour last year, winning the Madeira Open and also the Alfred Dunhill. I would have been happy to back him at around 80/1, so the 150/1 on offer in my eyes is crazily overpriced.

Re: European Tour 2012: Wales Open 31 May - Jun 3 GL Aidy. Going to stick with Soren for at least another week: Soren Kjeldsen @ 60 Betfair Has 3 Top 5's in his last 7 events and considering this field isn't the strongest I think he offers great value. Has a previous Top 5 in this tournament, albeit on a different course.

Re: European Tour 2012: Wales Open 31 May - Jun 3 Good luck chaps! Cutting it a bit fine this week.... I think the only way that things could go worse than last week would be if one of my selections actually died during the tournament. Soren Kjeldsen 1pt e/w @ 45/1 Paddy Power (now 40/1) I backed Kjeldsen last week and he missed the cut after being - 4 for his first seven holes so it’s fair to say he fell apart a bit after that. I’m not going to be put off by one bad performance after a run of very good form, before he missed the cut his last 6 finishes read T5, T3, T16, T29, T20, T2. He’s made the cut every time he’s played the Twenty Ten course so I’m expecting him to bounce back strongly after last week. Bernd Wiesberger 1pt e/w @ 50/1 Coral The Austrain claimed his maiden win a few weeks ago by winning the Ballentines in Korea, it was a hugely impressive performance during which he romped away from the field on a tough course. He finished 53rd at the PGA at the weekend but shot two nice rounds in the 60s and he would have finished way higher but for a horror 83 in round three. Was 26th here back in 2009 when he was playing on the Challenge Tour and with a win under his belt I would expect him to go better this week. Thomas Bjorn 1pt e/w @ 45/1 Boylesports There were some signs at the PGA that Thomas Bjorn is starting to find a bit of form, a 70 in tough conditions in the second round and a closing 69 will have helped with his confidence. After winning 3 times last year it’s a bit of a surprise that the Dane’s best finish this season is 3rd in Abu Dhabi but illness has meant he’s not played as much as he would like. He has a best placed finish of 9th here in 2010, he was actually in second place going into the final round but faded away after being paired with the self destructing Marcel Siem. Bjorn is one of the tour’s most senior players and in a weak field like this I think he’s definitely worth backing at this price.