** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

PGA Tour 2012: Byron Nelson Championship 17-20 May

kevshat

Re: PGA Tour 2012: Byron Nelson Championship 17-20 May *Jeff Overton e/w @ 50/1 Stanjames* If there was a man due a win on tour, this would be him. He has hit the crossbar 4 times in his career so far. His best finish this season was 4th in the Shell Houston Open and a 5th in the Transitions. He was 8th in the Byron Nelson last year, was 2nd in it in 2010 so clearly likes playing in this tournament and if on song, should be capable of filling a place, and maybe even his maiden win. *Harrison Frazar e/w @ 100/1 Betfred* Had his first win on tour in 2011 where he won the Fedex St. Jude Classic, and put up a good display here at the Byron Nelson last year when he was 14th. He was 16th here in 2010 also and is a much improved golfer than the player he was 4-5 years ago. This year, he was 2nd in Hawaii, and 5th in the Hyundai Tournament of Champions. Given his recent very good performances in the Byron Nelson, i feel he is overpriced @ 100/1. *Arjun Atwal e/w @ 150/1 Stanjames* He has had a terrible 2012, only making the cut in 2 of 13 events so far. But he was 8th in the Byron Nelson last year which was his best finish of the 2011 campaign. He was 7th in this event in 2010, and they were the only 2 times he played in this event, so that is a pretty good record. He is a confidence player, the type of player that on a going day can rack up a lot of birdies, and if he is confident coming here after some good displays before, he might just outplay that price-tag.

Re: PGA Tour 2012: Byron Nelson Championship 17-20 May Good luck Aidy. Profile and stats seem to suggest that a ball-striker is the go here -- a guy who can hit greens, keep it in play and manage the wind well -- basically an experienced ball-striker. However, the list of winners since moving to this course suggests to me more of a player who is long off the tee. Also, both Day and Bradley got their maiden PGA wins in this event, which suggests to me that there's nothing wrong with backing a maiden runner. Anyway, based on the fact that 2 of the past 3 winners were maidens, and 3 of the past 4 ranked Top 10 in Driving Distance in the season of their win, I've taken these two: Robert Garrigus @ 67 Luxbet Ranks top 3 in Driving Distance and is in quite good form this year, with 2x 2nd placed finishes. There's a number of holes here where I can see his length being an advantage (Long Par 4's, Drivable Par 4's and obviously the Two Par 5's). Also, the last few PGA winners have all been predictable in terms of form line. Matt Kuchar, Jason Duffner, Carl Petterson and Bubba Watson had all shown great form this season prior to their wins. With two seconds, I think Garrigus fits this bill, as well as being a monster hitter off the tee. Graham DeLaet @ 101 Luxbet Has shown a lot of promise at times this year. Opened the year with a 63 in the Sony Open, and followed up with two top tens, including a 4th in New Orleans where he played in the final group on Sunday. Ranks 10th in Driving Distance, and whilst not a PGA winner yet, his form glimpses this year, length off the tee, long odds and the tendency for maidens to win this event makes him backable for me.

Re: PGA Tour 2012: Byron Nelson Championship 17-20 May Jason Dufner 25/1 B 365 Agree with what your saying Crouchy on the type of player for the BNC. Must apologise as I do not have any kind of stats for Dufner and I am running late. Suffice to say the Dufner ticks quite a few boxes on the type of player suited for this tournament. He is in great form at the moment and now knows how to win and in doing so, purges the ghosts of last years PGA. Striking the ball superbly at present, was a litte unlucky on the greens at Sawgrass. He also looks a certainty for Ryder cup honours in the future. GL

Re: PGA Tour 2012: Byron Nelson Championship 17-20 May Thanks Crouch. I am normally a great one for not backing my own tips, however on this occassion I was on before writing it up. If you listen to Dufner, he never panics, and thats how he managed to get over the line. What a roar I let out when that putt dropped on 18. Hope some people took the tip.

Re: PGA Tour 2012: Byron Nelson Championship 17-20 May

Jason Dufner 25/1 B 365 Agree with what your saying Crouchy on the type of player for the BNC. Must apologise as I do not have any kind of stats for Dufner and I am running late. Suffice to say the Dufner ticks quite a few boxes on the type of player suited for this tournament. He is in great form at the moment and now knows how to win and in doing so, purges the ghosts of last years PGA. Striking the ball superbly at present, was a litte unlucky on the greens at Sawgrass. He also looks a certainty for Ryder cup honours in the future. GL
Cracking call Jackie, very well done mate.. The Colsaerts/Dufner double could have been done with some communication, worked out at 441/1... Well done again mate :clap

Re: PGA Tour 2012: Byron Nelson Championship 17-20 May Wish I had of followed, but my money refuses to give up it's love affair with losing. Highly considering Dufner for the US Open now though. That maiden win seems to have changed him, and with the Olympic Course not playing as long as US Opens typically do, I think someone with a good iron game has a great chance.

Re: PGA Tour 2012: Byron Nelson Championship 17-20 May Been away and missed all the action this week, well done Aidy and Jackie on their winners, good stuff. Apparently Steve Palmer (Racing Post golf tipster) was on the Colsaerts/Dufner double and won £20k, sweet.