Man City v Man United > 30 April

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April Cannot wait for this one, it's gonna be a cracker. City have to win to gain control in the title race, United don't have to win, draw is a fine result but a win virtually kills their neighbours off. I wonder how Fergie will approach this one, his traditional system uses two forwards, two wingers.....this season it is Rooney playing in a slightly deeper role than Welbeck or Hernandez, sometimes dropping deeper into midfield to help out. Carrick and Scholes will almost certainly be the midfield pairing and that is a key area of the field as City can outnumber United there depending on the team selection. Mancini will surely favour the Tevez/Aguero partnership which has revitalised City's title challenge in recent weeks. I expect those to cause United real problems at the back....United's defence is generally strong but I think in Rafael and Evans they have weak links potentially. Interested to read people's opinions over the next week in the build-up.

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April i believe mancini is going to revert back to his ultra defensive tactics like he did at the beginning of the season. he always like to play like this against big teams, especially man utd. i give man city advantage because they haven't lost at home and their form has been excellent. this match can probably end by one goal to either team or 1-1 draw and that's is all i am considering at the moment.

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April I am shitting a brick.. I am severely worried about the defence, and my heart tells me City are going to win, but if we get a draw i will be ecstatic... If we do lose, i think our only saviour is that City have to travel away to Newcastle which should be extremely tough for them.. All in all, should be nerve-jangling stuff...

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April Guess will just go with Highest Scoring Half:2nd,if I don't find anything better. Main reason is that City score more goals in the second half than any other team in the premier league and the same can be said about the goals they concede.

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April

i believe mancini is going to revert back to his ultra defensive tactics like he did at the beginning of the season. he always like to play like this against big teams' date=' especially man utd. [/quote'] Like they did when they were winning 6-1 at Old Trafford & 5-1 at White Hart Lane? (you're thinking of last season!)

i believe mancini is going to revert back to his ultra defensive tactics like he did at the beginning of the season. he always like to play like this against big teams' date=' especially man utd. i give man city advantage because they haven't lost at home and their form has been excellent. this match can probably end by one goal to either team or 1-1 draw and that's is all i am considering at the moment.[/quote'] I don't agree here. Simply because anything but a win just isn't good enough for City. So I think they have nothing to lose and will look to win the game. Manchester United will be under all the pressure as they have everything to lose, and if they defended like they did last weekend, they will struggle. I think pre game as well, SAF would quietly be happy with a draw. All the onus is on City to make the first move.

I don't agree here. Simply because anything but a win just isn't good enough for City. So I think they have nothing to lose and will look to win the game. Manchester United will be under all the pressure as they have everything to lose' date=' and if they defended like they did last weekend, they will struggle. I think pre game as well, SAF would quietly be happy with a draw. All the onus is on City to make the first move.[/quote'] there is too much riding in this game and i can't see either team being too adventurous but of course if city score first that will suit their italian manager’s mentality and defend the result to the death. i do anticipate that all hell will break lose should utd score first then the game would open up more since man city would have to play to win. it really depends how the game unfolds in the first 30 minutes

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April Man.City have scored more goals in the second half than any other team in the Premier League. Moreover, I don't expect this one to be an open game as the one that ended 1-6 earlier in the season. Man.United need a draw here so I expect them to defend so, I guess it is very likely that there will be more goals in the second half. Meanwhile, bet365 are offering a free in-play bet on this game so I will be using this offer. Highest Scoring Half: 2nd @ 2.00 (5 units) ​Bet365

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April Do or die affair for city. Man utd cant play for a draw its too dangerous. They have to go and try to win. The result is we are gonna see goals. Lots. And i think City will win with something like 3-2 or 4-2 and go on and win the league. The Everton draw was when united lost the title. Over 2.5 goals City to win

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April Manchester City have only conceded 6 1st half goals all season and in 19 premier league matches out of the last 20 they haven't conceded any 1st half goals at all. Playing @ home average times for scoring and conceding a goal are 39mins & 65mins respectively. They have NEVER failed to score when playing at home in the PL. In the last 8 home matches they have scored over 1.5 TWICE (2), over 2.5 FIVE (5) times and over 3.5 ONCE (1). Manchester United meanwhile score and concede at roughly at 29mins & 58mins respectively when playing away. They have only failed TWICE to not score at an away ground. The last 8 away matches have had the following goals scored by United: UNDER 0.5 TWICE (2), over 1.5 THREE (3) times, over 2.5 TWICE (2), over 4.5 ONCE (1). City need a win and nothing less or their title challenge is all but dead in the water. A draw after this bout would mean United would only need 4 points from their last 2 games. The only way to win a match is by scoring and with the form that Aguero and Tevez have been, coupled with Balotelli being available means that there are plenty of strike options. It's no coincidence that City's form dipped when Silva was off-colour and now that he's playing well again City have mounted a late surge. He will be the key to unlocking United. If Mancini has any sense he'll tell his players to do what they do best and try to play freely without fear as essentially there is nothing to lose and all to gain. United can afford a draw but a win would increase the gap to 6 points with only 6 more available. A draw against Swansea at OLD TRAFFORD would be enough to secure a 20th title. With the lack of Vidic at CB and recent defensive mishaps by his colleagues at times means United are sure to be cagey, keeping their shape at the back. United cannot afford a loss as that would see City go top on better goal difference and playing for a draw is not only dangerous but not United's way. For these reasons I see there being a fair few goals in this. I'll be taking some bets with Bet365 and their in-play bet offer: (Pre-match) Half with most goals: 2nd @ 1/1 (In-play) If I go straight after kick-off it'll probably be over 2.5 goals currently @ 8/11

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April Man City vs Man Utd AH +0.5 @ 1.7 Betfair My only bet of this gameweek favours the away team with a small +0.5 headstart. Both teams have lost their way in recent weeks, most notably Man City, who have dropped more points in the last couple of months than their red neighbours. This was in large part due to key injries to Kompany and Lescott, fatigue for offensive players Aguero and Silva and the distraction which is Balotelli. Utd won 8 in a row (5 clean sheets) before a surprise loss at an inform Wigan and a draw to an inform Everton after being two goals up. Although many people feel Evans has largely been culpable for these dropped points to me it is Rafael who was at most fault. Evans has been awesome in the last few months, but was sent off in this reverse fixture. I don't want to go into to too much detail for this bet, as form generally goes out the window in derby games. They key battle will be if City's 3 in midfield manages to dominate Carrick/Scholes. No doubt Rooney will be pushed back to help out in this area, especially early on when things are likely to be cagey. For me Utd have more in their locker, I can successfully see them "containing" City, I can see them having joy on counter attacks (especially against a ponderous City midfield- Milner/Silva/Nasri/Barry are all slow, Toure is quick but has stamina issues) and even if they do go a goal down they have enough resolve, experience and quality to at least force a draw. Good luck all

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April These teams played each other 3 times this season already and all 3 games produced plenty of goals, so guess I will be using my free in-play bet on goals. The current prices are as follows: Over 3.5 @ 2.62 Over 4.5 @ 5.00 Over 5.5 @ 11.00 Over 6.5 @ 21.00 Worth a shot in my opinion since it is a free bet :)

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April think i will go for goals as well but not too confident,man city could try and keep it tight and sneak a late goal,where as man utd could be trying for an early goal and put the pressure on city from the start.heres hoping for a goal glut my shout will be,over 3.5,over 4.5. and man utd to score 2 or more on the spreads.B.O.L.

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April [h=3]Betting Tip / Prediction: Asian Handicap Manchester United +1/4[/h]Betting Tip Analysis The biggest game this season that very well could decide who will be crowned English champions. City trails United by 3 points with a superior goal difference. It's a must win game for City if they are to leapfrog United and stay on top of the table. City also beat United earlier this season with a 6-1 thumping at Old Trafford, but previous encounters should count for nothing in this highly charged game. As mentioned, City must beat United today and so they will attack. United, on the other hand, knows they cannot afford to lose this game. City's superior goal difference of 6 is hard to overturn especially with Aguero and Tevez in fine form. United's defense looks suspect recently, as they showed against Everton. In my view, City has been playing really well under Mancini this season, but United's experience will see them through this game. Possibly an open game with plenty of goals.

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April Most people are thinking goals and I can see why, given the attacking quality on display. However, my gut feeling is that this will go under 2.5 goals, I can see the potential for overs and if United score first and in the first half, City will really have to go all out and push forward. But I think we'll see two concentrated sides, working hard and trying to limit mistakes to a minimum. Seems foolish to take unders with Tevez, Aguero Silva, Rooney, Nani on the field but we've seen these big games become bogged down in the past, with sides cancelling eachother out. City are also formidable opposition at home and I dont think they'll be breached easily tonight. I'll try UNDER 2.5 goals @ 2.20 (Stan James:2pts) Small bet as I said I can see the potential for a cracker, just a feeling I have that the game wont turn out like that.

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April I don't think this game can let us down at all. Even if it's a nil all draw it's going to be intense. But I don't think it will be Nil all. Few bets I'm looking at. Obviously I think this will be a tight one, so might take a look at draw half time / full time @ 11/2 with StanJames. I like the idea of 2nd half having most goals. Good call, could be cagey until the first goal and could lead to a very open second half. Last one for me is just in case it follows the trend of 7 goals then 5 goals and go for 1unit on over 4.5 at 9/2 Also PaddyPower's Money back special is a good one, if Rooney scores at any time you get money back on losing goal scorer and scorecast markets. any one have any ideas on what to go with on a scorecast bet?

United won't lose this. I'm banking on it. Fergie will have 'em set up to play defensively on the counter and will throttle the life out of Citeh's overpaid wasters. Opposing goals looks a smart play given Mancini's reputation for negativity too. I don't see many goals in this one at all. The tension will be immense and atmosphere explosive with plenty of rolling around on the floor attempting to pressure the officials into carding opponents. This is truly a game that has the potential to disappoint with all the hype surrounding it. I fully expect the noisy neighbours will be muted tonight by the invading Red Army. The end result will mean Fergie is once again crowned the King of Kings, putting Citeh firmly back in their box. Selection: Man Utd to win or draw @ 8/13 with Paddy Power (20 points)
Hi, if you have already placed your bet this is too late but those odds are not brilliant, if you play the same bet (Man United +0.5AH) at betvictor with, for example, £10 a point you will get £354 back but with paddy power you are only getting back £323 back if its a winner..pays to shop around.

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April Man City @ 2.25 sportsbet Man City -1 (EH) @ 4.00 sportsbet Man City have come back to form as they have won their last 3 games, scoring 12 goals and conceding just one in these games. At home, they have been unbeatable, winning 16 (and drawing the other) of their 17 home games, and they have scored at least two goals in 16 of these games, and scored at least 3 goals in 13 of these 17 home games. They have conceded just 10 goals at home, with 10 clean sheets, and only twice have they conceded more than a goal at home, so they have been doing it at both ends of the park. Their Manchester rivals have scored at least two goals in 10 of their 17 away games, but they face a very stout defence that does not give much away. Do not rate this Man Utd side as good as the ones of previous years as they have relied on their mental strength to win them the games. But with City needing to win this game, to get back on top, the home side will be very motivated to get another win over their rivals. They did beat them 6-1 in the reverse fixture earlier in the season, and were leading 1-0 even before Evans got sent off. They have the added bonus of Tevez playing who would love the opportunity to get a win over his former club. Believe that with the return to form of their forward line, City can expose some weaknesses in the Utd backline, and from this go on to win the game by a tleast a couple of goals Season record: 152-216 (-12.13)

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April I feel the FA cup game gives a better indication for this game than the league encounter. Although City have regained some of their confidence and performances they are still a bit short from their early season Barca-like swagger. Man Utd have been very ordinary for too many games this season, but they still retain that annoying (if you don't support them) F (fergie) factor that somehow gets the best out of his players. Fergie can't be accused of being found wanting in the biggest games and this is the biggest game of the season. I like any bets around over 2.5 or more goals in 2nd half. However I list below some higher priced bets which can be considered: Man City to miss pen (pressure of big game): 18/1 Bet365 Man Utd to miss pen: 22/1 Bet365 Correct score: Man City 2 Man Utd 3: 33/1 Bet365 Correct score: 3-3 draw: 40/1 Bet365 Red card: 7/4 Bet 365 And finally, should City win:hope then bet on Man Utd to win title anyway :(

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April W. Rooney or Kun Aguerro to score goal in the match (one of two mentioned, its enough to win) at 1.85 Betcity Today, the match will take place in the Premier League match for the championship title and one of the most important derbies from Europe. Three rounds before the end. Three points difference between the two contenders for first place. The winner takes it all, the loser has to fall, It's simple and it's plain :) City hold the lead for much time of the championship, but a few passed in the new year, when "the buck" have got United. However, Utd players and Ferguson not destined to pass the remainder of a breeze. A couple of stupid misfires, and a champion admit to a candidate for a short distance too. In such games to the forefront of the team dedication and leadership qualities of individual players. Where, if not in such matches leaders to express themselves and pull their team. Both teams have these players. I offer you place a bet on the goalscorer of both teams: the leaders Aguero and Rooney. Due to the heating game, fate can be decided by one or two goals. And who score in Manchester, but Rooney and Aguero. Couple of facts in favor of this bet: 1) Rooney and Aguero scored 26 and 22 goals in the championship, as the best sniper of teams. 2) Aguero scored 5 (!) goals in the last 3 games, which shows an excellent form of argentine player 3) Rooney scored 4 goals in the last 2 games, not so bad, isnt it? 4) Aguero in 2 games against United this season scored in each game goal 5) Rooney scored in the FA Cup match against City 6) Both players penalty taker, which may be important in connection with the heat of the match In general, consider this a very good bet that it can take and the final 1-0, 2-1 in favor of any. Wayne and Kun both are guys with character and charisma, and should prove to be 101% in this derby. Good Luck! P.S. : Of course some bookies dont have this bet, but bet separate, I mean if Rooney anytime is 2.40 and Aguerro 2.60, bet individual, something like this, I dont know how to explain, see annabet for help.

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April I think that pressure mounts on City's players back and that they will have difficulties to stay focused for the whole 90 minutes. On the other hand United is weak in defence recently, so I believe that we will enjoy in lot of running tackles and chances for scoring. In my opinion United is closer to take all three points, since they have more experienced players and Sir Alex on the bench. But, I 'll stay away that kind of bets and take Over 2,5 @ 1.78 @ Pinnacle.

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April With it being the manchester derby and what it will mean for whoever gets the result, i am looking at the total booking points or red card on this game rather than goals.. think games with man city and a big team have produced 1 red & between 5 to 8 yellows on 4 occasions this season. ill take over 60 points @ 5/6 @ bluesq for now and maybe look at another in-play market depending how the game starts off.

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April Manchester City vs Manchester United Woke up this morning with a lot of optimism for this match. Everything seemed easy to predict. Its amazing how a entire season could be built up to this moment for both clubs. With the league the only trophy going to Manchester this season, it is in the hands of both clubs to win it. Including Manchester City's superior goal difference after thumping the likes of West Brom and Norwich, if City wins their last 2 fixtures and United theirs, Man United will need a massive goal difference swing to win on goal difference. So, must not lose is What Man United will go out and achieve. Indeed, City won't be less than evens to win, plus having a difficult trip up north to Newcastle to come. Manchester City despite slipping up during mid-season, have come back out strongly after new hope was pumped into them after news of United slipping up at Wigan. At a time where the more optimistic City fans thought it was gone with losses at Swansea and drawing at home against Sunderland, its amazing to think the title is back in their hands. City are making progress, though with the vast amounts they have spent you would expect more from their season. Manchester United haven't been playing brilliant football, but play what I describe as getting the job done. You'd fancy them to come out here and contain City with Ferguson's experience, but recent results have cast extreme doubt into me. Initially I wanted to back United on a +0.5 handicap, thinking the odds will be around 1.90, and was disappointed to see it at around 1.75. United still remain favourites in this match minus the home advantage considering 1x2 11/10-5/2-16/5. Starting with their downhill slide at Wigan, they were sloppy. Lacked intent and urgency. They got lucky against Fulham QPR and Aston Villa, with penalties not given against them and soft penalties for. Though it was the fact that they conceded 4 goals against a potentially deflated Everton side who has just been knocked out of the cup with nothing more to play for. Man City on the other hand have contrasted Man United's performance. Their early season flare and spark is beginning to show through, and the drop in form of their neighbours has given them plenty of encouragement. Being forced to bring on Tevez after Balotelli's sending off, he has made a real difference. His actions has not helped his team, but there is no doubt he is a quality player. He and his fellow compatriot Aguero is looking like a decent partnership. Initially wanting to back United on a +0.5 handicap at 1.900 to only find it at 1.750, plus the fact that recent results have cast doubts into my mind can only mean one thing. A bag and half of value on City at WilliamHill odds of 13/10. Nice of WilliamHill to stick their heads ahead of other bookies. Bet 365 has their usual £50 offer. Ill take that too, though at lower odds. I'll probably take the in play bet on 6 - 1. Better make the most out of the free bet and place at high odds and have a bit of fun. Decent payout if its a win. Read "Tips and Tricks" if you haven't got a clue what i'm on abut. Nothing of great importance in the team news. Both managers will be able to pick their preferred starting 11. Its going to be a great atmosphere at Eastlands and a feisty match that in my opinion can match El Clasico. Man City WilliamHill 13/10 10/10 Side bet > Bet365 £50 free bet @6/5

Re: Man City v Man United > 30 April I rarely pay attention to the first goalscorer bet as there's very rarely little value in . However I have the free bet at Bet365 and a holiday to pay for so it's appealing to me tonight. Is this a market that is usually available in play on 365? If this is the case then I'm all over one of either Tevez, Aguerro or Rooney as first goalscorer at the equivalent of 14/1, 14/1 or 13/1.