The Gutshot Club, London

swampster

went to this card club in Clerkenwell last night for the first time. Tuesdays are 'beginners nights' (even though there were some pretty decent players there) - £5 NL Hold'Em, about 100 odd people. Great place to come down if you're in the London area and want to get good practice at 'live' games. Loads of etiquette i wasnt aware of in real games (eg, player to the left of the dealer shuffles), and good practice at getting used to split pots and spotting bluffs. ended up going out on a KA suited to a guy with K8. Flopped the K then he got the 8 on the river :@ . good night and will be heading down most tuesdays.

Re: The Gutshot Club, London Hi Swampster, My mate went down there the other month - he said it was an amazing set up in the main room with a large screen showing avg stack/players left/time to go to next level - all this sort of useful stuff. He went on a 30 quid rebuy NL hold em night and said he faced a lot of "know it all and let you know it" kind of player mouthing off to him the whole time. This is pretty common live I suppose we would all do well to realise there is always someone better than us out there. Anyway he ended up refusing a deal in the final then going on to win it :lol :spank . I hear they have a great net cafe as well for playing internet poker in. I would love to go and will have to visit sometime, do you need to join before you visit or anything? UL with the AK btw - as for the live "tells" I am going to do a long post on this soon maybe tomorrow so I hope it might help you m8 Jez

Re: The Gutshot Club, London nice one Jezza, will read with interest. Yeah, an awful lot of experienced players down there ticking off the novices for getting things wrong... THEN DON'T GO TO THE BEGINNERS' NIGHTS, IDIOT !!! great set-up though, and a nice bar/restaurant upstairs with plasma screens showing poker progs while you wait for the games to start. you can join online and then present your passport when you come down for the first time (although i never had to last night) http://www.gutshot.co.uk place was buzzing last night cos one of their regulars won a trip to Vegas to sit in the World Series !