Norwich v Man City > 14 April

[TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 14 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Norwich City v Manchester City (12:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.63 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Norwich v Man City > 14 April 14/4/12 EPL Norwich vs Manchester City The midweek results just shows how quickly things can change in football. A win now for City will take them just two points behind leaders United. Though they have Aston Villa at Old Trafford as a game in hand, knowing that if Wigan can beat Man Utd, Aston Villa can certainly hold United back 2 points at least? Again, I could not believe the frustration of City fans. Their club are still flying in the Premier league in second place and Champions league qualification looks certain. Things like this didn't happen a few seasons ago and they are making progress with the money they have spent. I think Mancini had a great way to approach his last few games. Apparently he did not know why the City fans were so happy during their 4 - 0 win, stating that he did not know that Man Utd were playing tonight. Personally I feel he musta known, but its a good mentality going into the last games of the season, focusing on their own performance rather than their opposition's results. Mancini has also warned his City side of the threat of Norwich. Mancini has also given great credit to Lambert and his team, saying that adding factors of fatigue and commitment, this is a harder game to win than that of the Manchester Derby. Though the bookies odds won't suggest this, I agree that Carrow road is a difficult place to visit. I was rather annoyed to see the City lineup against West Brom having backed the latter. Aguero, Tevez, Silva Nasri in attack and perhaps just Hart and Kompany in defense is enough to beat any team based on individual performance. Norwich on the other hand have climbed to the top half of the table purely based on teamwork. Their squad is a big contrast to that of Manchester City. They were deserving winners against Tottenham and arguably their performance of the Season. Norwich have had a real go against all the top sides since coming into the Premier league. You will definitely see Norwich trying to get at City here, and Lambert will want his side to lose having tried to reap the glory of a result. Their season have surpassed expectations and this fixture is one to relish for sure. They lost to a stoppage time Giggs goal against United (I backed the draw) in a game that could easily have finished a draw. City are smashing in the goals. Neither side are going to defend and grind a result. A good game coming up. On a side note, Is it me or does all the player names on the Norwich squad remind me of something? Whitbread, Crofts, Martin, Pilkington, Wilbraham, Bennitt, Barnett, Hoolahan? Ayala Bennitt again Holt Ruddy Ayala Rudd Surman Jackson... No, it must be me. I hope City keeps their front men mentioned earlier. They were a real force and looked full of goals in their 4 - 0 win over West Brom. Yaya might return in midfield and Norwich has the usual absentees and Naughton could make the bench being ineligible last week. Oh yeah, Super Mario is banned. The reverse fixture finished 5 - 1 at the Etihad. City look to be finding their form again. Over 2.5 4/6 various 10/10 Over 3.5 Skybet, Paddypower, Stanjames 7/4 4/10

Re: Norwich v Man City > 14 April Following from Thusprider's post, I was tempted by the overs myself, with City needing the win and Norwich tending to go for it and to play attacking football, but the odds are slightly skinny for me considering the way City play away. There is such a contrast between home and away in their performances and the old Italian mentality tends to come out at times in away games. Against Arsenal, when they needed to win, having backed overs I thought they were too cautious, with Mancini at one point bringing on a defender (Kolarov) for a midfielder. I know this is a different sort of game, against a weaker side, but I have been put off backing overs in City's away games. My bet is: Norwich +1 (AH) @ 2.04 (188bet) City's away record is not special, winning only 7/16 games, so a win percentage of only 44%. As Norwich are tenth in the league that figure is a good starting point as this could be called an average away game, in terms of the opposition's quality. City have struggled particularly against the mid-table sides, drawing with West Brom, Fulham and Stoke, losing to Sunderland and Swansea. They haven't beaten this handicap against anyone in the 2nd half of the season. Norwich have played well at home in games against the big teams, but have only picked up 1 point (against Chelsea). They were very unlucky against United and the only home game they've lost by more than one goal is against my team Spurs, which was our best or 2nd best performance of the season, with Bale unplayable that night. From all this I think a provisional percentage of 56% for the Norwich +0.5 (AH) would be fair. But then you have to take into account the non-statistical factors. City simply must win, they were excellent in midweek and with Balotelli dropped they appear a more cohesive unit. Wigan beating United has given them one last chance and my gut instinct tells me a narrow away win is on the cards. However, I'm trying to pursue value betting ahead of my gut instinct, so even if say that these factors make a City win 10% more likely, then we still have a 46% chance of a home win or draw. Bet365 have the Norwich +0.5 as 2.42, implying a 41% chance, and they are actually less favourable to City as some of the other bookies. 188 have the City win as 1.48 at the moment which just looks too short for me. My bet is therefore the +1 (AH) @ 2.04 with 188, as I believe if City do win it won't be an easy one. 2/10.

Re: Norwich v Man City > 14 April Man.City do not have impressive away record. They are without a win in their last 3 away games in the league and apart from 5-1 and 6-1 away wins against Tottenham and Man.United early in the season their only away wins came against the teams in the bottom half of the table (placed 15-19). They failed to win against the teams in the middle of the table (placed 6-14). Norwich however played really well for a newly promoted side and lost only 4 games at home and only once by 2 goals. I don't expect Man.City to have an easy game here and won't be surprised if it ends 0-0 or Citizens snatching a narrow 1-0 win. Norwich +1 AH @ 2.07 (2 units) Bet365 Under 2.5 Goals @ 2.50 (2 units) ​William Hill

Re: Norwich v Man City > 14 April Man City -1.5 @ 2,38 pinnacle With 5 rounds to go, Man City know that they cannot afford any more slip ups or distraction in these last few rounds. They showed that they were back to their ruthless best as they disposed of West Brom 4-0, and though their away form has been indifferent, they face a Norwich defence that has allowed at least one goal in their last 9 EPL games, and at least two goals in 4 of them. Man City beat them 5-1 at home earlier in the season and can see them putting them away here too Season record: 141-200 (-11.56)

Re: Norwich v Man City > 14 April

14/4/12 EPL Norwich vs Manchester City Over 2.5 4/6 various 10/10 Over 3.5 Skybet, Paddypower, Stanjames 7/4 4/10
Three from Tevez, two from Aguero. Norwich even added one in between. 6 goals and the match isn't over yet Now it has. Johnson's added a 7th and a 6th for City. +13.67 units

Re: Norwich v Man City > 14 April

Haha' date=' thanks Mustafa. I was rather surprised to see you thank my post then go off and play Under 2.5! I take real offense for that! :p[/quote'] You had good reasoning don't know why I decided to change my mind :)