Systems

Thoughts about systems, does anyone use them on here? and are you successful in keeping them in check More importantly, do you find them worthwhile and profitable I always tend to look at flat systems rather than jumps as there seem to be more variables possibly due to age, distances of races etc Personally, i am going to run one from April to Jun on Saturdays only, after a bit of research the figures look good on previous years figures. There are only a few opportunities for a bet as the numbers of runners is limited to 9 or below. I expect maybe just 1 or 2 bets a week which is fine .

Re: Systems I would dearly love to find a system that worked as the weakest part of my game by far is the phychological side of things and not consistently backing win, EW, laying off in runnning etc. This is not to do with poor money management - just a severe weakness with handling losing runs that has become more prevalent since having my daughter. In my experience, systems are generally formed through going back through previous results. If it works over a period of time (a season etc) then it may well work again - but long term, as trends, conditions, rules, habits, patterns, the betting market change I don't believe a system will return profits indefinatly. I would love to be proven wrong. In many a way, we all have certain criteria we look for which is a system in itself I suppose - I just like to keep the human element of judgement and 'value' as part of the process as difficult as this may be. Best of Luck with it though Bowles - look forward to reading your progress in the future.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.