** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Netherlands, Eredivisie - 30 Mar / 1 Apr

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 30 March 2012 [/TH] [TH]Home [/TH] [TH]Draw [/TH] [TH]Away [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Utrecht v S.B.V Excelsior (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.41 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 31 March 2012 [/TH] [TH]Home [/TH] [TH]Draw [/TH] [TH]Away [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Groningen v Heerenveen (17:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.46 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Twente v Roda JC (18:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9.4 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]PSV Eindhoven v VVV-Venlo (18:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.12 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 41 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Feyenoord v NAC Breda (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 14 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 1 April 2012 [/TH] [TH]Home [/TH] [TH]Draw [/TH] [TH]Away [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]NEC v De Graafschap (11:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ajax v Heracles Almelo (13:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.21 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 18 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]RKC Waalwijk v ADO Den Haag (13:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Vitesse v AZ Alkmaar (15:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.24 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Netherlands, Eredivisie - 30 Mar / 1 Apr

With 8 games to go though, all the top 6 clubs have a chance - http://uk.soccerway.com/national/netherlands/eredivisie/2011-2012/regular-season/ Latest Betfair odds: Ajax 1.99 AZ 3.75 Twente 6.2 Feyenoord 6.4 PSV 8 Heerenveen 16 Does anyone have any thoughts on likely winners and value?
Heerenveen - good offensive team with top scorer (Bas Dost) in the league. But they lack harmonious atmosphere in the squad for many reasons, while they've a very tough schedule to finish. Feyenoord - solid, young team with the best coach in the league. Experienced Ronald Kuman can be a great advantage for them in the last rounds against not much strong opponents. PSV - they are in the KNVB final and it is a real chance of winning trophy this season. Team with interim coach (Cocu) will be difficult to get back in the race after a key defeat against Ajax. Twente - Janko's transfer to Porto is a bit disturbed the team. They will play against both better placed teams of them, so doubt they'll the strength for furious end of the season. AZ Alkmaar - current leader is a young and talented team, but they should play and quarterfinal matches of the League of Europe, and against strong local clubs. That's huge pressure for them. Ajax - they are in by far the best form and have only a one point deficit. But they will play some tough matches to finish (Heerenveen, Twente and Vitesse are three away games). My estimate and fair odds>> Ajax 35% - 2.85 AZ 20% - 5.00 Feyenoord 15% - 6.66 Twente 15% - 6.66 PSV 10% - 10 H'veen 5% - 20 Ajax is likely winner, but not value... My suggestion is Feyenoord as the best value there. :ok Feyenoord winner @15.00 (bet365, bwin, William Hill, unibet, gamebookers) 1/10 Note - I'm not a fan any of these teams ;) Cheers
long term pick ;)

Re: Netherlands, Eredivisie - 30 Mar / 1 Apr Brief overview of games on Friday and Saturday... Utrecht v Excelsior Both teams are very poor this season, Utrecht is better but they've a lot of absences. Odds are ridiculous, no bet. Groningen v Heerenveen The most interesting game of this round, a great local derby at Euroborg. Anything is possible, but goals shouldn't missing here. over 3 @1.91 sbo PSV v Venlo The second best home team against the second worst away team. However PSV is in a bad mood after losing to Ajax, and now will be without some important players. Venlo +3 @1.85 sbo Twente v Roda Twente is a favorite, and they should use home advantage. However, odds for a lot of goals is much more attractive to me. over 3,5 @2.10 Stan James Feyenoord v Nac Breda Minor local derby at De Kuip. Both teams will be almost full, the quality is far on home side. Feyenoord -1 1.75 Nordicbet

Brief overview of games on Friday and Saturday... Groningen v Heerenveen The most interesting game of this round, a great local derby at Euroborg. Anything is possible, but goals shouldn't missing here. over 3 @1.91 sbo Twente v Roda Twente is a favorite, and they should use home advantage. However, odds for a lot of goals is much more attractive to me. over 3,5 @2.10 Stan James
I totally agree on the goals bet for Groningen - Heerenveen. This is a big derby, Groningen finally got a win last week while they have been in terrible form. The fans are unsatisfied and I am sure manager Huistra will do anything to beat their local rivals here. Heerenveen are still in the race for the top spots in the league and manager Jans has shown that he is not afraid to play very attacking even in away games. Their front line with Assaidi-Dost-Narsingh is in full strenght and. Great game for goals. I think you should be a little more cautious on goals in the Twente game as they will be without their top goalscorer De Jong, who is injured. Twente is struggling a bit lately so I am not so sure about this bet personally.

My estimate and fair odds

>> Ajax 35% - 2.85 AZ 20% - 5.00 Feyenoord 15% - 6.66 Twente 15% - 6.66 PSV 10% - 10 H'veen 5% - 20 Ajax is likely winner, but not value... My suggestion is Feyenoord as the best value there.

:ok Feyenoord winner @15.00 (>Bet365, Bwin, William Hill, Unibet, Gamebookers) 1/10 long term pick ;)

Thanks McNasara, Great analysis and comparison of odds. It also confirms that for many markets like these, bookmakers offer better odds than Betfair. I've been quite impressed with Feyenoord. They seem to be on the rise again, and it wouldn't surprise me if they win things over the next few years. The gap is probably a bit too big this season, but at 15.0 it certainly looks like a good value longshot. I would be interested in betting on them to finish in the top 2 or 3, but I can't find a market for this.

Brief overview of games on Friday and Saturday... Utrecht v Excelsior Both teams are very poor this season, Utrecht is better but they've a lot of absences. Odds are ridiculous, no bet. Groningen v Heerenveen The most interesting game of this round, a great local derby at Euroborg. Anything is possible, but goals shouldn't missing here. over 3 @1.91 sbo PSV v Venlo The second best home team against the second worst away team. However PSV is in a bad mood after losing to Ajax, and now will be without some important players. Venlo +3 @1.85 sbo Twente v Roda Twente is a favorite, and they should use home advantage. However, odds for a lot of goals is much more attractive to me. over 3,5 @2.10 Stan James Feyenoord v Nac Breda Minor local derby at De Kuip. Both teams will be almost full, the quality is far on home side. Feyenoord -1 1.75 Nordicbet
Nice write-ups. Brief and to the point. I like VVV +3 at PSV. Also wondering if Vitesse are good value at 3.5 at home to AZ on Sunday. AZ will be on a high after beating Valencia at home, and their away form is nothing like their home form.

Thanks McNasara, Great analysis and comparison of odds. It also confirms that for many markets like these, bookmakers offer better odds than Betfair. I've been quite impressed with Feyenoord. They seem to be on the rise again, and it wouldn't surprise me if they win things over the next few years. The gap is probably a bit too big this season, but at 15.0 it certainly looks like a good value longshot. I would be interested in betting on them to finish in the top 2 or 3, but I can't find a market for this.
Feyenoord in top 3 @2.00 unibet

Re: Netherlands, Eredivisie - 30 Mar / 1 Apr FC Groningen - SC Heerenveen FC Groningen: They are struggling after the winter break. The can’t win some matches and they are playing dramatic. Last week they are winning in the away match against Excelsior, but it was not good. In this derby they are missing a lot off important players: Suspended: Sparv, Pedersen. Injury: Kieftenbeld, Johansson, Kwakman, Van de Laak, Ivens. Questionable : Suk. Van Dijk SC Heerenveen: If they are will dreaming, the will make a little change on the title in this competition. But I think, they will qualify herself for European football in the next season. They are playing very well after the big loss by PSV and Heerenveen will be with a fit squad into this match. 6/10 SC Heerenveen -0 @ 1.81 188bet

Re: Netherlands, Eredivisie - 30 Mar / 1 Apr NEC Nijmegen – DE Graafschap I can write a big write up here, but this pick is easy. The home team have a lot off problems to make some goals. Zeefuik (striker) had score one goal in this competition. De Graafschap playing the last matches very defensive. With 10 man ahead the ball and one striker forward, they are hope every match to win one point. 4/10 Under 3 goals @ 1.79 188bet

FC Groningen - SC Heerenveen FC Groningen: They are struggling after the winter break. The can’t win some matches and they are playing dramatic. Last week they are winning in the away match against Excelsior, but it was not good. In this derby they are missing a lot off important players: Suspended: Sparv, Pedersen. Injury: Kieftenbeld, Johansson, Kwakman, Van de Laak, Ivens. Questionable : Suk. Van Dijk SC Heerenveen: If they are will dreaming, the will make a little change on the title in this competition. But I think, they will qualify herself for European football in the next season. They are playing very well after the big loss by PSV and Heerenveen will be with a fit squad into this match. 6/10 SC Heerenveen -0 @ 1.81 188bet
NEC Nijmegen – DE Graafschap I can write a big write up here, but this pick is easy. The home team have a lot off problems to make some goals. Zeefuik (striker) had score one goal in this competition. De Graafschap playing the last matches very defensive. With 10 man ahead the ball and one striker forward, they are hope every match to win one point. 4/10 Under 3 goals @ 1.79 188bet
2 winners!

Brief overview of games on Friday and Saturday... Utrecht v Excelsior Both teams are very poor this season, Utrecht is better but they've a lot of absences. Odds are ridiculous, no bet. Groningen v Heerenveen The most interesting game of this round, a great local derby at Euroborg. Anything is possible, but goals shouldn't missing here. over 3 @1.91 sbo PSV v Venlo The second best home team against the second worst away team. However PSV is in a bad mood after losing to Ajax, and now will be without some important players. Venlo +3 @1.85 sbo Twente v Roda Twente is a favorite, and they should use home advantage. However, odds for a lot of goals is much more attractive to me. over 3,5 @2.10 Stan James Feyenoord v Nac Breda Minor local derby at De Kuip. Both teams will be almost full, the quality is far on home side. Feyenoord -1 1.75 Nordicbet
3 winners and 1 loser (Twente) Good calls :ok

Brief overview of games on Friday and Saturday... Utrecht v Excelsior Both teams are very poor this season, Utrecht is better but they've a lot of absences. Odds are ridiculous, no bet. Groningen 1:3 Heerenveen The most interesting game of this round, a great local derby at Euroborg. Anything is possible, but goals shouldn't missing here. over 3 @1.91 sbo PSV 2:0 Venlo The second best home team against the second worst away team. However PSV is in a bad mood after losing to Ajax, and now will be without some important players. Venlo +3 @1.85 sbo Twente 2:0 Roda Twente is a favorite, and they should use home advantage. However, odds for a lot of goals is much more attractive to me. over 3,5 @2.10 Stan James Feyenoord 3:1 Nac Breda Minor local derby at De Kuip. Both teams will be almost full, the quality is far on home side. Feyenoord -1 1.75 Nordicbet
:cigar:cigar:cigar
I totally agree on the goals bet for Groningen - Heerenveen. This is a big derby, Groningen finally got a win last week while they have been in terrible form. The fans are unsatisfied and I am sure manager Huistra will do anything to beat their local rivals here. Heerenveen are still in the race for the top spots in the league and manager Jans has shown that he is not afraid to play very attacking even in away games. Their front line with Assaidi-Dost-Narsingh is in full strenght and. Great game for goals. I think you should be a little more cautious on goals in the Twente game as they will be without their top goalscorer De Jong, who is injured. Twente is struggling a bit lately so I am not so sure about this bet personally.
:eyes :ok:ok

I totally agree on the goals bet for Groningen - Heerenveen. This is a big derby' date=' Groningen finally got a win last week while they have been in terrible form. The fans are unsatisfied and I am sure manager Huistra will do anything to beat their local rivals here. Heerenveen are still in the race for the top spots in the league and manager Jans has shown that he is not afraid to play very attacking even in away games. Their front line with Assaidi-Dost-Narsingh is in full strenght and. Great game for goals.[/quote'] I saw a lot of this game (Groningen v Heerenveen). Possession was fairly even, but Heerenveen were deadly in front of goal and that made the difference.