Favourite Horse Ever.... One Flat, One Jumps - that is all!!

Appreciate this may have been done before but hopefully not too recently! If it has then please do delete the thread!! Mine are Arazi (pictureed above) - french 2yo from around 1991 I think - did most things on the bridle before winning with ease and won 7 races as a 2yo, 4 at Group One Level. His demolition of Bertrando et al in the Breeders Cup Juvenille was like something from a film! If you had seen it in a film you would have scoffed at it as ridiculous... Sythed through the whole feild before moving up to the favoutite on the home turn, ran marginally wide and as the commentator says, 'just ran right by him'!! Unfortunatly, he never really trained on but was the horse that got me hooked, led me to manage a Bookmakers for 6 years and to post on here now!:lol Harchibald would have changed my life at the time... I had been doublng him up with every bet I had since Boxing Dayin 2005 leading towards the Champion HUrdle, so you can imagine how much I was involved come Cheltenham and Carberry taking a pull towards the last. I had gone beyond shouting and given how easy he was going was struggling not to grin from ear to ear! I had given everyone presents of Ante-Post bets on the horse and despite it's character coming to the fore in subseqent races, I still would have rather seen him kicked on that day. Would definatly have traded at 1.01 if Betfair was up n running... Still wistful watching it now....

Re: Favourite Horse Ever.... One Flat, One Jumps - that is all!! My favourite racing horse has been Varenne of course but that's another sport :) As far as concerned flat I have had one of my best has to be Lammtarra. Unforgettable emotions that year (1995) with the Epsom Derby (in a fantastic record time beaten only by Workforce a lot of years later), the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Royal Ascot (beating Pentire in a super fighting finish) and finally l'Arc de Triomphe. As Frankie said once he was a lion. So good (unbeaten) on track and so bad as a stallion (I guess he was bought for more than 30mil from a Japanese stud and sold back for quite little money after a lot of years of disappointment considering his excellent bloodlines and his super achievements on turf). As far as concerned jumping surely Denman. The horse who really pushed me to follow more and more that sphere in the last few years. The tank!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.