UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 27 March

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 27 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] APOEL v Real Madrid (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Benfica v Chelsea (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 27 March Benfica - Chelsea Both sides play open attacking football. Out of the last Benfica's 10 games 5 produced 4 or more goals. Chelsea have also been scoring and conceding goals recently and look a better side after Villas Boas got fired. Moreover, both sides drawn 0-0 their last games in their respective domestic leagues and what I have seen from Chelsea they did not give their 100% in my opinion. I can assume that Benfica had the same approach to their game against Olhanense. I believe that the goals is the may to go in this game and odds are quite generous in my opinion. Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.20 (3 units) William Hill Over 3.5 Goals @ 4.33 (2 units) William Hill

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 27 March APOEL - R.Madrid Can't understand why APOEL are such outsiders here. I doubt that if any of the teams from their group or Lyon were playing R.Madrid they were priced as high as @ 11.00. APOEL did really well this season and even though I think R.Madrid will win this one I don't see them getting an easy win. It is not a group stage game where 3 points are necessary. In this game Mourinho will want to take a good result to Madrid and in my opinion everything apart from defeat will suit him. 3 out of 4 R.Madrid away games in the Champions League this season produced 2 or less goals. It is obvious that APOEL understand that they have almost no chance of qualifying to the next round, so I guess all they would want is not to get humiliated in front of their home fans. I think that they will defend so do not expect an early goal in this one. Under 2.5 Goals @ 2.10 (2 units) William Hill First Goal: 31st min. and Over @ 2.40 (2 units) William Hill First Goal: 46th min. and Over @ 4.50 (1 unit) William Hill

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 27 March

Benfica - Chelsea Both sides play open attacking football. Out of the last Benfica's 10 games 5 produced 4 or more goals. Chelsea have also been scoring and conceding goals recently and look a better side after Villas Boas got fired. Moreover, both sides drawn 0-0 their last games in their respective domestic leagues and what I have seen from Chelsea they did not give their 100% in my opinion. I can assume that Benfica had the same approach to their game against Olhanense. I believe that the goals is the may to go in this game and odds are quite generous in my opinion. Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.20 (3 units) William Hill Over 3.5 Goals @ 4.33 (2 units) William Hill
Benfica are dangerous at the Stadium of Light and have alot of players that are capable of hurting Chelsea here. Just think that you should be careful with this bet because if Chelsea go there to play cautiously and not concede then I think the game will be a dull affair and then we will see the goals at Stamford Bridge. Just a thought...

Benfica are dangerous at the Stadium of Light and have alot of players that are capable of hurting Chelsea here. Just think that you should be careful with this bet because if Chelsea go there to play cautiously and not concede then I think the game will be a dull affair and then we will see the goals at Stamford Bridge. Just a thought...
I think it will all depend on how Chelsea would face this match. It is almost certain that Benfica will not keep a clean sheet. At least they haven't managed that this year. The fact that Benfica scores a lot of goals makes me think that 1-1 is highly probable. And that would be a good result for Chelsea. Unless they want something more from this game, it might just stay that way.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 27 March As a Chelsea fan, I would be very surprised if we opened up and went for the jugular tomorrow night. Roberto Di Matteo has concentrated in restoring some of the defensive solidity to the team, but our last 2 games at Man City and Tottenham suggest that this has been achieved at the expense of attacking flair and good possession in midfield. I think the games against Leicester and Napoli at the Bridge may be clouding some people's judgement - Leicester are a middling Championship side in average form and we had no choice but to attack Napoli thanks to the deficit from the 1st leg. I'd expect the experience of that game at the Stadio San Paolo to be at the forefront of our thinking and we'll be determined not to make the same mistakes again. If you offered RDM and the players a draw right now, I'm sure that they would take it, so personally I'd think twice before backing overs in this game.

It is obvious that APOEL understand that they have almost no chance of qualifying to the next round
I think a team that has beaten Zenit, Porto and Lyon will feel they have a chance of beating Real Madrid. On the other hand, I think they will be wary of opening up too much. I agree that unders seems good value here as I think Real will keep it tight. I saw Real's last away CL game at CSKA when they lead 1-0 and stopped concentrating towards the end and conceded in the last minute of added time to draw 1-1. I think they will try very hard not to concede, while looking for one or two away goals themselves. Real Madrid clean sheet at 1.83 with Ladbrokes looks worth considering.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 27 March APOEL vs Real Madrid Under 2.5 @ 2.25 (Widespread) Under Mourinho Real have been underish in European away games, with their defence in particular being excellent. There is no pressing need for them to attack in this game as a draw would be a decent result, as it was in the last round against CSKA. They face an organised APOEL side whose games have averaged only 2 goals domestically, and who have also been involved in tight games in Europe; 10 out of their 14 CL games have gone under 2.5 this season. Although APOEL will know they need a win to have a realistic chance of qualifying, I can't see them attacking much early on in this game. They will most likely begin defensively, try to stay in the tie and hope to nick a late goal. APOEL are being underrated in the match odds IMO, as a side who have fared very well so far in Europe they should be taken seriously, and Real do not deserve to be 1.25 or even 1.3 in this game. It could easily end up a draw, but if Madrid do win I expect it to be a low scoring, tight victory. The best value available looks to be on the unders, with many European games being tight in the first leg and then exploding into life in the second leg.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 27 March Don't think Chelsea are backable at 3.2ish away to Benfica, their away performances havent been good in Europe and I dont think they will win tomorrow night. Have to look closer at the markets to see if I can spot anything worth playing here, right now I'm favouring a narrow home win or a draw.

and APOEL on a handicap' date=' purely because they deserve some credit for reaching that far.[/quote'] they do deserve credit and respect but putting money on 3rd rate Brazilians to hold out the 2nd best team in the world takes a brave brave man.... Apoel will try to play their usual bunker style but Real toys with teams who play like that because they have too much firepower and can break down bunkers in many ways.. Only thing questionable is Real's motivation since it's certain they feel this will be a piece of cake

APOEL will be without Manduca who scored the goal against Lyon (suspended for taking shirt off) and also their heroic keeper Chiotis who saw them to the next round in the shoot out (knee injury).
It appears their other keeper urko has played more minutes in the 2011/2012 season. 1100 vs 900 minutes for chiotis

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 27 March Lineups: APOEL-Real Madrid Benfica-Chelsea I don't think Di Matteo is the one to solve the problems Chelsea has with static gameplay. If Villas-Boas couldn't do it, neither can this guy who almost sent WBA in Championship. That's why he's letting John Terry and Frank Lampard run the team. Benfica is flexible and fluent, and I think they will have the upper hand.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 27 March Benfica is very strong at home. They are unbeaten in ten European home matches and want to go through the semi-finals after more than 20 years. Benfica have already got the better of one Premier league side this season, having earned two draws with MUFC and finished top of their group. I think Benfica will celebrate this night. Pick: 1

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 27 March APOEL Nicosia - Real Madrid under 2.5 @ 2.19 pinnacle Apoel Nicosia is a side that has shown that they are not easy to breakdown, nor do they score goals in abundance, and it is no wonder that they tend to feature in low scoring games in the Champions League. They beat Zenit St Petersburg 2-1 at home, then drew 1-1 at Shaktar Donetsk and Porto; followed by a 2-1 win at home over Porto and finished off the group phase by drawing 0-0 in Petersburg and losing 2-0 at home to Shaktar. They progressed to the last 16 by beating Lyon 1-0 in the second leg, after losing 1-0 in Lyon in the first leg, and winning through to this round by beating Lyon on penalties. Real Madrid, started their CL campaign with 1-0 win at Dinamo Zagreb, followed by home wins over Ajax (3-0) and Lyon (4-0), and then away wins over Lyon (2-0) and Ajax (3-0) and in between these two games they beat Dinamo 6-2 at home. In the last 16, they drew 1-1 at CSKA Moscow and then beat them 4-1 at home in the second leg. They have been very good defensively, and do not allow much, but at the same time they can score goals. Expect APOEL to play it very tight in this game, as they cannot afford to be too open, otherwise Real will rip them apart. Real for their part, are very confident in their own abilities, and know that they can beat them at home, so they will not be too anxious in trying to break them down. As long as they do not face a deficit going into the second leg, then Mourinho will be confident of beating them at home. So expect Real to play it much more conservatively then they usually do, as they also need to stay pretty fresh for a relatively tough game at Osasuna on the weekend. So like both defences to dominate and end up being a low scoring game Benfica @ 2.38 pinnacle Benfica are undefeated at home in the Champions League, beating Otelul Galati 1-0 and Zenit St Petersburg 2-0 while drawing 1-1 with Man Utd and Basel, so they will fancy their chances of doing well against Chelsea, who have not done well on the road in the CL. Chelsea drew 1-1 at Valencia and Racing Genk, and then lost 2-1 at Bayer Leverkusen and in the last round, lost 3-1 in the first leg in Napoli. Like Benfica here, as they have been very strong at home in the Portuguese League, and know they need to take a lead into the second leg, as Chelsea showed against Napol, that they can comeback and win from a deficit in the first leg. If they were to go into the second leg, with a draw, and even a win, then the tie is pretty much over. Chelsea have not been impressive this year, and even in the draw with Tottenham on the weekend, did not look like they were in good touch. Benfica has the players to hurt them, and take a win here, into the second leg.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 27 March Their numbers on soccerway must be screwed up for minutes played, cause Chiotis has played almost twice as many games as Urko. Here's what I have for this season. Urko has started 14 games and conced 7 goals. Chiotis has started 24 games and conceded 14 goals. Urko seems like he is a pretty solid backup, not sure how much they are losing with him in net, if anything. If anyone knows more about this team, their help would be appreciated. I like the under in this game, primarily because of how Real Madrid has played the first leg of their UEFA games thus far. Apoel also will want to keep this tight, knowing full well they can't expect too much from the second leg.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 27 March One thing that is very worrisome for Apoel is looking back at all their UEFA games, they have been routinely outshot and outchanced in every game, and most by a wide margin. This would signal to me a team that is very lucky to be in the spot they are in. The first leg at Lyon they were outshot 18-1, the second leg vs. Zenit 23-2, the game they won 2-1 vs. Porto 23-5. And now they take a pretty drastic step up vs. Real. Xabi being out concerns me, but if Real don't play super tight today, it is hard for me not to take Real.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 27 March I had a whole reason written out but something went wrong and now its gone :/ Apoel vs Real Total shots on target over 11 @ 1.85 partybets Cant give much reasoning here except the obvious difference in class between the two teams I agree with what everyone is saying, Real away is usually a low score line, but i also cant see them sitting back on a 1 goal lead, there are records to be set ppl! The line covers both sides total shots on goal which is ok, Same odds on the Chelsea game with the line set at over/under 10.5 @ 1.85, seems a bit trickier but would make a nice double on the night! Good luck with yer bets everyone!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 27 March Backed Torres to score at the weekend, silly me he didn't start and come on for the last 15 mins. I'll back him to score for the rest of the season as I think he's going to score goals "when he starts".

Lineups: APOEL-Real Madrid Benfica-Chelsea I don't think Di Matteo is the one to solve the problems Chelsea has with static gameplay. If Villas-Boas couldn't do it, neither can this guy who almost sent WBA in Championship. That's why he's letting John Terry and Frank Lampard run the team. Benfica is flexible and fluent, and I think they will have the upper hand.
GOOD JOB, MR DI MATTEO, very very good...!!! And with Lampard on the bench.... :cigar

they do deserve credit and respect but putting money on 3rd rate Brazilians to hold out the 2nd best team in the world takes a brave brave man.... Apoel will try to play their usual bunker style but Real toys with teams who play like that because they have too much firepower and can break down bunkers in many ways.. Only thing questionable is Real's motivation since it's certain they feel this will be a piece of cake
I tried to warn you guys.... too bad if you didn't listen

First Goal: 31st min. and Over @ 2.40 (2 units) William Hill First Goal: 46th min. and Over @ 4.50 (1 unit) William Hill
One thing I noticed from last night is that both games were 0-0 at half time, and seemed to open up more in the second half. How to exploit this if you think it will happen in future games? I suppose backing 0-0 at half time, or backing AGAINST an early goal like the bets above.

APOEL Nicosia - Real Madrid under 2.5 @ 2.19 :eyes Benfica @ 2.38 :eyes
Thought that Real may be content to see out the game at 2-0 but still they attacked and got a goal in the 90th minute, while Benfica were not good enough

Thought that Real may be content to see out the game at 2-0 but still they attacked and got a goal in the 90th minute
I suppose there's always a chance of a late goal rush when there's a class gap between the teams (as I assume there was last night, without having seen the game). Once one goal goes in, I guess the losing team can quickly lose their discipline and confidence.