** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Rupert's Cheltenham

Re: Rupert's Cheltenham 4.40 Cheltenham - 3pts win Oscar Nominee @ 12/1 (Hills) The Henderson team have had a superb week, and I fancy them to pinch another one in the Martin Pipe hurdle here. Another very competitive handicap field, this horse showed he stayed 2 miles strongly last time, and really looked to be crying out for a step up in trip - asserting and going clear late on from a subsequent winner at Doncaster. His form in the race prior to that looks not bad either - going down by not that far to Supreme Novice winner Cinders And Ashes. That was only a field of three, as well, and that really wouldn't have suited this animal. He will relish a good pace here and I think it will bring out much more in him stretching his stamina to a greater degree. David Bass is one of the better conditional jockeys around, and Henderson has three in with a sound chance here - but it looks as if this one is his biggest fancy on jockey bookings, so it looks like a good run is in the offing.

Re: Rupert's Cheltenham 5.15 Cheltenham - 2pts win De Boitron @ 11/1 (Hills) Horses towards the bottom end of the handicap often do well in this race, and it would not be unlike Ferdy Murphy to have one primed for the festival. He shaped much better last time out, and could be right back to form here today. He's a previous winner here, as well as running other good races, including when 4th in this last year off 2lbs higher. He also gets a further 5lbs taken off his back by the very capable Lucy Alexander, so he looks pretty well treated. His best form has also come on good ground in this country, and I really think his promising effort last time has set him up perfectly for another crack at this. He'll get a good pace to run at without a doubt, and I anticipate a good run.

Re: Rupert's Cheltenham Good effort Rupert, nice one. Gotta say though, I think differently about it being a tricky week. I think it's the easiest week to profit. The biggest festivals are littered with overpriced horses simply because it's 'Cheltenham'. Same goes for most the big meetings actually. I take my hat off to anyone who can profit on a regular basis betting on the dross. Roll on next year indeed mate!

Re: Rupert's Cheltenham

Good effort Rupert, nice one. Gotta say though, I think differently about it being a tricky week. I think it's the easiest week to profit. The biggest festivals are littered with overpriced horses simply because it's 'Cheltenham'. Same goes for most the big meetings actually. I take my hat off to anyone who can profit on a regular basis betting on the dross. Roll on next year indeed mate!
I definitely agree that the winners I had were very good value. Brindisi Breeze was never a 10/1 shot in my book, for example, and like I mentioned, it only takes a few winners to ensure a profitable week. However, it's finding any winners at all that can be a struggle! Big fields, fallers, luck in running, handicap plots, outsiders winning etc make it difficult to make profit when betting win only especially. 3 winners from 23 races isn't a great strike rate, but still a decent profit all things considered.