Cheltenham Winning distances 2012

Kevsul is the king for distances however anyone else having a go this year? The extra race was added last year to make it 7 on the first day. However it has paid to go unders for the last 3 years and that should be the case again if its around 22L. Obviously, Quevega and Sprinter sacre both could win by a long way but i think Al Ferof will give SS a race, its quevega i'm worried about to be honest.

Re: Cheltenham Winning distances 2012 Cheers Rob :ok Information for those that have not done this sort of bet Distances and how they work. Nose = 0.05 Short Head = 0.10 Head = 0.20 Neck = 0.30 1/2 L = 0.50 3/4 L = 0.75 1L = 1.00 The rest is pretty straight forward example horse wins by 2 1/2L = 2.50 over 4L it is on times, Every second = 4L Each meeting is different as you take into consideration, The going,Form etc, Jockeys Instructions I.E:: don't let it win to far. make sure you produce it late ETC. Also some meetings you know there is going to be competition, So hopefully horses should be fighting out the finish. The jumps can get really annoying!! 2 horses jumping the last and one falls leaving the other to win by a distance. These are things that can help you or go against you. Which depends on what you have covered. Under-In-between or Over prices are generally 6/4--13/8--7/4 or 15/8 more often that not it is 13/8 under 6/4 in-between and 15/8 over E.G: 13/8 under 18.5 ; 6/4 18.5 to 26.5 ; 15/8 over 26.5 Also if it did finish on exactly 18.5 or 26.5 you would only get money back if you backed in-between as that is inclusive And you only get the distance betting about an hour before racing for all meetings Sometimes only 1/2hr before. You can bet on line with >William Hill ; Coral ; Ladbrokes ; StanJames ; V.C Bet ; Blue Square ; >Sporting Index does it as spread betting. I will put up my selections for meeting as soon as is possible. The Dutching Method You can cover this bet to get stake money back and a very small profit. That's if you are unsure , example would be under 10L @7/4 for £10 return is £27.50, then in-between 10L to 15L @6/4 for £10 return is £25 so either way profit unless it went over and you lose all. Any questions please ask away. and i will do my best to answer as quick as possible. You may follow me if you wish. Albeit at your own risk, So for me all bets will be SINGLES ONLY. Selection for meeting will appear here hopefully and least 1/2 hr before 1st race I love Cheltenham just like most of you, I know Bowles looks for some specials at the big meetings, so watch out for his choice. By all means guys if you fancy anything you can stick it here, me and Bowles do ours here and have bee successful for the last 3 years Links to the years: 2009: http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/79256-Cheltenham-2009-Winning-Distances 2010:http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/95315-Cheltenham-2010-Winning-Distances 2011: http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/113689-Winning-distances

Re: Cheltenham Winning distances 2012 The biggest winning distances in the last three festivals were all created by Quevega. 10 lengths in 2011 (total 20.5), 4.5 lengths in 2010 (total 11.65) and 14 lengths in 2009 (total 16.75) Sky bet offer 22 lengths or less for the first seven races @ 2.75 Quevega is certainly the undoing of this bet as a long lay off did not seem to bother her in 2011. I fancy under 22 lengths is the bet though and will hope that this race provides a 10 length or less result. If things are looking rosy by this time there will be chance to back the mare to win by x lengths before the race with some bookmakers to win back stake money.

Re: Cheltenham Winning distances 2012

The biggest winning distances in the last three festivals were all created by Quevega. 10 lengths in 2011 (total 20.5), 4.5 lengths in 2010 (total 11.65) and 14 lengths in 2009 (total 16.75) Sky bet offer 22 lengths or less for the first seven races @ 2.75 Quevega is certainly the undoing of this bet as a long lay off did not seem to bother her in 2011. I fancy under 22 lengths is the bet though and will hope that this race provides a 10 length or less result. If things are looking rosy by this time there will be chance to back the mare to win by x lengths before the race with some bookmakers to win back stake money.
you can save on the next spread though as well danny? hills go under 24.5 6/4 24.5-37.5 11/8 10pts win on under pays 25pts (profit of 8pts) 7pts win on the middle pays 16.59pts (money back nearly) I am looking at winning at least 5pts a day i'm having 5pts on at 6/4 = 12.5pts 2.5pts on the middle @ 11/8 = 5.92pts

Re: Cheltenham Winning distances 2012 yes thought that too mate, and this morning I went 10pts 22 or less @ 2.75, and 7.5pts 23-36 @ 2.75 with skybet. 22 or less = +10pts 23-36 = +3.13pts over 37 lengths is disasterous!!! :lol

Re: Cheltenham Winning distances 2012 Laddies [TABLE=class: tblOdds]

[TR] [TD]Under 24 Lengths [/TD] [TD=class: odds lastClm] 13/8 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: tr2] [TD] Between 24 and 35 Lengths Inclusive [/TD] [TD=class: odds lastClm] 13/8 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: last] [TD] Over 35 Lengths [/TD] [TD=class: odds lastClm] 7/4 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] VCBET [TABLE=class: horse_race_coupon standard_table] [TR] [TH=class: number]NO.[/TH] [TH=class: horse, colspan: 2]Selections[/TH] [TH=class: previous]Previous Odds[/TH] [TH=class: button]Price[/TH] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: number][/TD] [TD=class: silk][/TD] [TD=class: horse] Under 25L [/TD] [TD=class: previous] [/TD] [TD=class: button] 13/8 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: number][/TD] [TD=class: silk][/TD] [TD=class: horse] 25L to 37L inclusive [/TD] [TD=class: previous] [/TD] [TD=class: button] 13/8 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: number][/TD] [TD=class: silk][/TD] [TD=class: horse] Over 37L [/TD] [TD=class: previous] [/TD] [TD=class: button] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Blue SQ [TABLE=class: darkLightDarkText] [TR=class: Odd] [TD]Under 23 lengths[/TD] [TD=width: 40, align: center]13/8[/TD] [TD=width: 40, align: center] BET [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: Even] [TD]23 - 35 lengths[/TD] [TD=width: 40, align: center]7/4[/TD] [TD=width: 40, align: center] BET [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: Odd] [TD]Over 35 lengths[/TD] [TD=width: 40, align: center]13/8[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] BETFAIR Currently [TABLE=class: runnerHeaderTable] [TR] [TH=class: runnerHeader]Selections: (3)[/TH] [TH=class: backHeader back tableHeader] [TABLE=width: 100%] [TR] [TD=align: left] 105.8% [/TD] [TD=align: right] Back [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TH] [TH=class: layHeader lay tableHeader] [TABLE=width: 100%] [TR] [TD=align: left] Lay [/TD] [TD=align: right] 68% [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TH] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: runnerTable] [TR=class: cacheable runner] [TD=class: info border] Less than 29.5 lengths [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell buttonWidth] 1.7 £15 [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell buttonWidth] 1.76 £23 [/TD] [TD=class: b1 back buttonWidth buttonContainer] 2 £41 [/TD] [TD=class: l1 lay layDisplay buttonWidth buttonContainer] 2.16 £100 [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell layDisplay buttonWidth]2.22 £26[/TD] [TD=class: mdCell layDisplay buttonWidth]2.26 £42[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: cacheable runner] [TD=class: info border] 29.5 - 41 lengths inclusive [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell buttonWidth] [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell buttonWidth]3.15 £55[/TD] [TD=class: b1 back buttonWidth buttonContainer]3.25 £8 [/TD] [TD=class: l1 lay layDisplay buttonWidth buttonContainer] [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell layDisplay buttonWidth] [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell layDisplay buttonWidth] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: cacheable runner] [TD=class: info border] More than 41 lengths [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell buttonWidth] 3.65 £3 [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell buttonWidth] 3.85 £150 [/TD] [TD=class: b1 back buttonWidth buttonContainer] 4 £10 [/TD] [TD=class: l1 lay layDisplay buttonWidth buttonContainer] 4.6 £15 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Cheltenham Winning distances 2012 Good afternoon guys, Great to see you debating this today, It's is Quevega we all worry about. My personal take is as usual UNDER UNDER UNDER first day!! I think under 25L @ 13/8 with VC bet is decent. So for me guys 13/8 for 16pts with vcbet unsure for a saver, if i did i would go with skybet 23 ~36 OK, will listen to you guys here, I value your opinion's 10pts middle just covers the whole stake with a slight profit

Re: Cheltenham Winning distances 2012 hi Kev! Glad you could join us mate! first race acceptable +1.25 lengths second race (wasn't expecting THAT good a performance from Sprinter Sacre) a not so great +7 Total 8.25 after two races, need the next few to be TIGHT! then it all hinges on Quevega as we all know

Re: Cheltenham Winning distances 2012 fourth race 3.75 lengths so running total at 13 lengths three races to go, next one will be won by a short head, I can feel it....

Re: Cheltenham Winning distances 2012 perfect! happy to be in this position now. 5 lengths or less ideally for me and kev and billy - anything under 7 is good news for you guys I think?

Re: Cheltenham Winning distances 2012 25.2L Total, I see it all to often in hadicaps, you thing yeah quality of these horses should be not more the 3 to 4 max. Then i pulls a great display like that, Knew he won from passing them, could of eased up. ;)

Re: Cheltenham Winning distances 2012 middle band for me so a small profit - think that's the same with you guys too. Well chuffed that Hunt Ball won though, if the trainer was in tears the other week on Ch4 what the hell will he be doing now?! What a horse to keep on improving like that!

Re: Cheltenham Winning distances 2012 Willhill [TABLE=class: tableData]

[TR] [TD]23 to 35 [/TD] [TD] 11/8 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] Under 23 [/TD] [TD] 6/4 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] Over 35 [/TD] [TD] 9/4 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] VCBET [TABLE=class: horse_race_coupon standard_table] [TR] [TD=class: horse] Under 24L [/TD] [TD=class: previous] [/TD] [TD=class: button] 13/8 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: number][/TD] [TD=class: silk][/TD] [TD=class: horse] 24L-37L Inclusive [/TD] [TD=class: previous] [/TD] [TD=class: button] 13/8 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: number][/TD] [TD=class: silk][/TD] [TD=class: horse] Over 37L [/TD] [TD=class: previous] [/TD] [TD=class: button] 15/8 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Horse Racing Outright Laddies [TABLE=class: tblOdds] [TR] [TD]Under 25 Lengths [/TD] [TD=class: odds lastClm] 13/8 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: tr2] [TD] Between 25 and 37 Lengths Inclusive [/TD] [TD=class: odds lastClm] 13/8 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: last] [TD] Over 37 Lengths [/TD] [TD=class: odds lastClm] 7/4 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Blue Sq [TABLE=class: darkLightDarkText] [TR=class: Odd] [TD]Under 23 lengths[/TD] [TD=width: 40, align: center]13/8[/TD] [TD=width: 40, align: center] BET [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: Even] [TD]23 - 34 lengths[/TD] [TD=width: 40, align: center]7/4[/TD] [TD=width: 40, align: center] BET [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: Odd] [TD]Over 34 lengths[/TD] [TD=width: 40, align: center]13/8[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Betfair Currently [TABLE=class: runnerHeaderTable] [TR] [TH=class: runnerHeader]Selections: (3)[/TH] [TH=class: backHeader back tableHeader] [TABLE=width: 100%] [TR] [TD=align: left] 106.5% [/TD] [TD=align: right] Back [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TH] [TH=class: layHeader lay tableHeader] [TABLE=width: 100%] [TR] [TD=align: left] Lay [/TD] [TD=align: right] 91.6% [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TH] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: runnerTable] [TR=class: cacheable runner] [TD=class: info border] Less than 26.5 Lengths [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell buttonWidth] [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell buttonWidth] 2.12 £3 [/TD] [TD=class: b1 back buttonWidth buttonContainer] 2.14 £36 [/TD] [TD=class: l1 lay layDisplay buttonWidth buttonContainer] 2.36 £15 [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell layDisplay buttonWidth] 2.38 £33 [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell layDisplay buttonWidth] 2.4 £30 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: cacheable runner] [TD=class: info border] 26.5 - 37.5 Lengths inclusive [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell buttonWidth] [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell buttonWidth] 2.54 £3 [/TD] [TD=class: b1 back buttonWidth buttonContainer] 2.74 £128 [/TD] [TD=class: l1 lay layDisplay buttonWidth buttonContainer] 3.1 £18 [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell layDisplay buttonWidth] [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell layDisplay buttonWidth] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: cacheable runner] [TD=class: info border] More than 37.5 lengths [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell buttonWidth] 3.8 £3 [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell buttonWidth] 4.2 £38 [/TD] [TD=class: b1 back buttonWidth buttonContainer] 4.3 £8 [/TD] [TD=class: l1 lay layDisplay buttonWidth buttonContainer] 5.9 £4 [/TD] [TD=class: mdCell layDisplay buttonWidth] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]