Spurs v Man UTD > 4th March

staffy

Re: Spurs v Man UTD > 4th March

As much as this hurts me I have to say that the price for Tottenham to win is too big...
Not really, considering that out of the last 10 games between these two sides Man.United have won 8 times, including 1 win at White Heart Lane and twice Tottenham only managed 0-0 draws at home against United. Moreover, the Spurs will be without suspended Scott Parker, while Rooney will most likely return.

Re: Spurs v Man UTD > 4th March Odds on Man.United are really good in my opinion. They are doing really well in the league and are unbeaten in their last 6 games. They only dropped points against Chelsea, but getting a draw after being 0-3 down can be qualified as a win. Even though Tottenham are unbeaten in their last 12 home games in the league I think their good run will come to an end taking into account their poor recent performance. Moreover, Man.United have a good record against Tottenham. They haven't lost at White Heart Lane in the Premier League since 2001. In the last 10 games against Spurs at White Heart Lane in the league Man. United have won 7 and drew the other 3, so I guess Man.United represent value here and I expect the odds to drop closer to kick-off so taking this one early. Man.United @ 2.50 (3 units) ​Bet365

Re: Spurs v Man UTD > 4th March Prediction: Over 2.5 goals 1.9 @ WH Good price for this given the number of goals games between the top sides has seen this season. 9 out of the last 10 Man U PL games have finished over 2.5 goals. They've been defensively strong away from home, though have conceded 8 in their last 4 away games. The 16 games involving Man U and Tottenham versus other top 6 sides has seen a total of 68 goals. Rooney and Valencia are currently reported as injured, although both may make it to the starting line up (check closer to the time). Parker will be suspended for Spurs.

Any Spurs fans with a view on what will be the impact of Parker being suspended for this? Does Sandro offer adequate cover??
We missed Parker for a few games this season with a knee injury and a combination of Livermore and Sandro came in and did a decent job (having said that we weren't playing Man United) Modric is the man who really makes us tick in midfield and I would be more concerned if we lost him. IMO Sandro should be able to come in a do a good enough defensive job that Parker missing won't be too much of a loss. However having said that I wouldn't be touching us with a bargepole. Are record against United is awful and IMO this isn't the game we wanted on the back of the NLD performance. On the flip side we may well see a bit of backlash, but I will give this one a swerve.

Re: Spurs v Man UTD > 4th March I wouldn't go for overs here, I know it may make sense, but this game has a history of going under 2.5 goals which I don't think is merely coincidence. Re Parker, I largely agree with Big X; in my opinion it is a big loss, but not a critical one as Sandro is an able replacement should he be on top of his game (he wasn't when he came on against Arse, but then again no one really was).

Re: Spurs v Man UTD > 4th March Recent history suggests Ferguson should not be getting quite so worked up about the fixture and United look good bets to claim at least a draw from the encounter.Not since May 2001 have Tottenham beaten United at White Hart Lane, with their winless run lasting ten matches and comprising seven defeats.Needless to say, United have not lost to Spurs at Old Trafford in this time, making this a fixture fans of the Manchester club should be looking forward to in the expectation that three points are on their way.But perhaps before the final result is considered, those looking to place a bet on the game should turn their attention to markets relating to the number of goals scored. Verdict: Over 3.50 Mark

Re: Spurs v Man UTD > 4th March Spurs tend to work a lot of corners against the top six sides at home with Newcastle being the only exception in a game they absolutely dominated. Even when they got beat convincingly by Man City they still racked up ten corners. They have won twelve of there corner matches this season loosing just one and there home matches average eleven corners. Spurs 4-3 Newcastle Spurs 7-4 Chelsea Spurs 9-7 Arsenal Spurs 10-5 Man City Man United do tend to win plenty of corners away from home, getting an average of 5.3 per game and there away matches in total averaging 10.2. They have won four drawn five and lost four of there corner match bets. Chelsea 6-6 Man United Arsenal 0-5 Man United Newcastle 4-4 Man United I'm looking at Asian Total corners over 11 at 1.850 Bet365 but will wait until later in the day before deciding to play this

Re: Spurs v Man UTD > 4th March Tottenham @ 2.97 pinnacle Spurs will look to bounce back after their sub-standard performance against Arsenal last week, and like them to do well here, as they have won 7 and drawn 2 of their last 9 home games, scoring at least two goals in 5 of them, and clean sheets in 6 if them. Their defence has been good and will need to be to stop Nani, Rooney and Wellbeck, while they have some pace on the flanks with Bale and Lennon to hit them where Man Utd have had some problems in the full backs. Furthermore, Adebayor could prove a handful for an inconsistent Evans and a Ferdinand who has seen better days. While Man Utd have scored in their last 3 away games, they have also conceded in these games, and if Spurs can keep their defence tight, then can see them scoring on Man Utd and win the game Season record: 123-151 (+14.43)

Recent history suggests Ferguson should not be getting quite so worked up about the fixture and United look good bets to claim at least a draw from the encounter.Not since May 2001 have Tottenham beaten United at White Hart Lane, with their winless run lasting ten matches and comprising seven defeats.Needless to say, United have not lost to Spurs at Old Trafford in this time, making this a fixture fans of the Manchester club should be looking forward to in the expectation that three points are on their way.But perhaps before the final result is considered, those looking to place a bet on the game should turn their attention to markets relating to the number of goals scored. Verdict: Over 3.50 Mark
:welcometo PL mate. Just so you're aware, if you're going to copy and paste a preview from another site, you should at least credit the original source. In general though, we prefer everyone to give reasoning in their own words for any bets they post up on PL - it doesn't have to be an essay and you don't need perfect English, but it should at least be your own opinions on the game. Thanks. :ok

Spurs tend to work a lot of corners against the top six sides at home with Newcastle being the only exception in a game they absolutely dominated. Even when they got beat convincingly by Man City they still racked up ten corners. They have won twelve of there corner matches this season loosing just one and there home matches average eleven corners. Spurs 4-3 Newcastle Spurs 7-4 Chelsea Spurs 9-7 Arsenal Spurs 10-5 Man City Man United do tend to win plenty of corners away from home, getting an average of 5.3 per game and there away matches in total averaging 10.2. They have won four drawn five and lost four of there corner match bets. Chelsea 6-6 Man United Arsenal 0-5 Man United Newcastle 4-4 Man United I'm looking at Asian Total corners over 11 at 1.850 Bet365 but will wait until later in the day before deciding to play this
Have taken this

Re: Spurs v Man UTD > 4th March Tottenham vs Manchester United The dominance of manchester Unite din the last years over Tottenham would indicate another game with Tottenham as a failure when calculating their chances of winning. The last result, against Arsenal was a silly one and their defensive proved to be again a real joke! But home, they conceded just 10 times and this is a very small number which indicates they are great dominant team home. Manchester United goes here with a record of just 11 goals conceded when playing away from home. 5 points behind City is much, but Ferguson knows how to get points from this kind of games. Without vander Vaart, home side will be vulnerable and United should do their job and maintain possesion the biggest part of the match. I do not think Tottenham wills core here , but unders are teh most likely result! Spurs: Friedel, Walker, Assou-Ekotto, King, Kaboul, Lennon, Modric, Sandro, Bale, Saha, Adebayor. Man United: De Gea, Jones, Evra, Ferdinand, Evans, Carrick, Scholes, Young, Welbeck, Rooney, Nani. under 2.5 goals @ 2.15 with William Hill

Odds on Man.United are really good in my opinion. They are doing really well in the league and are unbeaten in their last 6 games. They only dropped points against Chelsea, but getting a draw after being 0-3 down can be qualified as a win. Even though Tottenham are unbeaten in their last 12 home games in the league I think their good run will come to an end taking into account their poor recent performance. Moreover, Man.United have a good record against Tottenham. They haven't lost at White Heart Lane in the Premier League since 2001. In the last 10 games against Spurs at White Heart Lane in the league Man. United have won 7 and drew the other 3, so I guess Man.United represent value here and I expect the odds to drop closer to kick-off so taking this one early. Man.United @ 2.50 (3 units) ​Bet365
Broke even this week

Tottenham @ 2.97 pinnacle Spurs will look to bounce back after their sub-standard performance against Arsenal last week, and like them to do well here, as they have won 7 and drawn 2 of their last 9 home games, scoring at least two goals in 5 of them, and clean sheets in 6 if them. Their defence has been good and will need to be to stop Nani, Rooney and Wellbeck, while they have some pace on the flanks with Bale and Lennon to hit them where Man Utd have had some problems in the full backs. Furthermore, Adebayor could prove a handful for an inconsistent Evans and a Ferdinand who has seen better days. While Man Utd have scored in their last 3 away games, they have also conceded in these games, and if Spurs can keep their defence tight, then can see them scoring on Man Utd and win the game
:( Total whitewash this weekend Season record: 123-154 (+11.43)