** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Europa League > Tues 14 & Thurs 16 February

Re: UEFA Europa League > Tues 14 & Thurs 16 February Sir Alex making the point that they will take this competition seriously, while he obviously will not want to lose I can see him sending out a very attacking side, with a mix of youth and experience, and tell them to go and enjoy themselves. With that pointing to a very open game I am happy to take the overs. Over 2.5 goals @1.8 Bet365

Re: UEFA Europa League > Tues 14 & Thurs 16 February On Trabzonspor -PSV match all I must say that Trabzon striker Burak Yilmaz is on fire in Turkish league at the moment. PSV defenses should only stop him but can they ? So, both teams to score and over 2,5 are ideals for me. Lazio - Atletico : With Simeone Atletico forgot conceding goal . This means 6 matches i think. They made a great improvement on defense but i have suspicions on attacking side of them. They have Falcao but there's something wrong with places of midfielders. Unusually Arda Turan play defensive role and Diego loses a lot of balls in the midfield. Anyway I am sure that they can do something good at defense. We all saw Lazio's great return against Cesena last week. Although i dont think Lazio is a dependable team. Lazio will be without Rocchi, Mauri, Brocchi, Cana tonight. I expect under 2,5 goals and Atletico X2

Re: UEFA Europa League > Tues 14 & Thurs 16 February [ Hannover 96 - Club Brugge - Hannover to win @1.82 Pinnacle Hosts are playing in calm middle of Bundesliga´s table, so they can fully focus on tonight´s match in EL. Hannover plays in good form this year, they played 4 competitive matches, all in domestic league, with 2 wins and 2 draws, score 3-1, but 3 of 4 matches were played away. Yes, they didn´t impress a lot in home EL´s matches, where only drew with FC Copenhagen 2-2 and Standard Liege 0-0, and finally won against Vorskla 3-1. Tonight they are still without striker Didier Ya Konan, who just arrived from african cup of nations, and Hannover´s coach want to rest him for a while. Club Brugge are arriving to Hannover with 4 league wins in a row, so they are in good shape after losing 2 first competitive matches in this year. They also played well in away games in gropu stage - 2-2 Birmingham, 3-4 Maribor, 1-2 Braga. But on the other hand, I feel that their main goal is to fight for Belgian champion, where they are losing 7 points on first Anderlecht and they should be fully fit for next league matches. It could be very tight tonight, but I really feel that Hannover will come on top. Club brugge has a german manager Daum. So i think he knows German football well and i think he wants to proove smthg. and as for belgian competition , the first 6 plays the Play offs to become champion. I think it will be a close game,because Brugge has a good home reputation and the first matches with Daum, it were all 1-0 games. So maybe he chose for not to concede goals and then go through with the home advantage. my pick is 1-0/1-1 here

Re: UEFA Europa League > Tues 14 & Thurs 16 February I should be careful on betting for Anderlecht. I am living at Holland, and I also follow the Belgian Jupiler League. But I can tell you that AZ is with PSV the strongest home team of the eredivisie. They have won at home against PSV, Feyenoord, Ajax got a lucky draw there and in the previous year they have also beat FC Twente and Ajax on their home ground. I will go here for a home win, since the top of Holland is better then the top Belgium in my eyes. 2,08 @Titanbet looks good value to me.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Tues 14 & Thurs 16 February Plzen - S04 U are absolutely right, Plzen never plays on 0-0, but their preseason matches was not so good and in late season their form was not so firing. Also agree that Darida can hardly take the role of Jiráček in midfield and mainly, The biggest dump Bystron was one of the best defenders in league, without him, they will strugle, cause Prochazka is not at his standard. As a czech, i wish them to handle this match, but i think today they can get realy hard kick. Both team to score - no at 1,98 Raul - score 2+ at 9,5 hc 1-0 2 at 3,9

Re: UEFA Europa League > Tues 14 & Thurs 16 February

both teams with full squad : AZ : Esteban, Poulsen, Viergever, Moisander, Maercelis, Elm, Maher, Holman, Martens, Beerens, Benschop Anderlecht : Proto, Wasilewski, Kouyaté, Juhasz, Safari, Biglia, Kljestan, Gillet, Suarez, Jovanovic, Mbokani
Anderlect is one of my surprise nominees tonight. Gillet ' date=' [b']Matias Suarez and Jovanovic are all on form . They will be on pitch today. On the other hand Alkmaar havent conceded even a goal in their last two matches but rivals werent strong. Anderlecht players are experienced side. They can get an advantage for the second leg. Anderlecht or X2
He (10g + 10ass) is on the bench cause he's sick. btw check all lineups for tonight http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2012/matches/live/index.html?day=7&session=2&match=2007426 GL

Its difficult to know how many of the above 'top' teams are going to prioritise winning this competition. Both City & United are chasing the EPL title, the Italian clubs are both aiming to finish in the top 4 and even have a chance to challenge for the Scudetto. My favourites to go on a run here are Stoke City and Hannover 96.. Both have decent underrated squads and are pretty much guaranteed a mid table finish in their domestic leagues.
That looks like sensible advice to look for teams who take the competition seriously and give it some priority.

I've seen a bit of Ajax this season' date=' and while they aren't having the best of seasons, and their defending has been terrible in the league, they look far too big against a United side possibly feeling they're a little bit too big to be in this competition. Evra, Giggs and Berbatov are already announced as being rested. Goals would be my call here.[/quote'] Ajax have been poor, but I thought they were impressive in their last game (winning 2-0 at Breda). Perhaps their recent internal problems might bring an upswing in form?

I should be careful on betting for Anderlecht. I am living at Holland, and I also follow the Belgian Jupiler League. But I can tell you that AZ is with PSV the strongest home team of the eredivisie. They have won at home against PSV, Feyenoord, Ajax got a lucky draw there and in the previous year they have also beat FC Twente and Ajax on their home ground. I will go here for a home win, since the top of Holland is better then the top Belgium in my eyes. 2,08 @Titanbet looks good value to me.
AZ have lost the lead recently, but their home form this season is stunning so it would be hard to back against them, even at 3.8

Re: UEFA Europa League > Tues 14 & Thurs 16 February A bit last minute, but I quite like the odds for Metalist at Salzburg (2.5). The Ukrainian league I think is above the class of the Austrian one (Shakhtar Donetsk v SV Ried for example). Metalist have a good record in this competition, and I would say 2.5 looks reasonable value.

A bit last minute' date=' but I quite like the odds for [b']Metalist at Salzburg (2.5). The Ukrainian league I think is above the class of the Austrian one (Shakhtar Donetsk v SV Ried for example). Metalist have a good record in this competition, and I would say 2.5 looks reasonable value.
... LOL ... and just as I went to back them, they scored in the first minute! There's a moral for me there somewhere I suppose ...

AZ have lost the lead recently' date=' but their home form this season is stunning so it would be hard to back against them, even at 3.8[/quote'] Exactly, just what I thought. You see the difference between the top of Holland and the top of Belgium. AZ is much better, they are leading 1-0, and they should have been 2-0 now benschop missed a very huge chance. I think they will score more in the second halve!

Stoke City vs Valencia This is an interesting tie as their has always been a debate about "Can Barcelona do it on a cold windy night up in Stoke" well Valencia are hardly Barcelona but they're probably the closest thing in this competition so it should be a good watch for the neutral with a clash of two very different styles. I think for this game you cannot take league form into account because you often see teams doing not so well in the league but going on great runs in the cup and i can see that happening with Stoke as i feel the players will be extra motivated for this tie as for many it will be their first European knockout tie and they will want to prove themselves at this stage. Valencia's squad has bags of top-level experience in it with some quality players but i doubt any of them will have experienced anything like the Brittania before. Stoke have scored in every home game in the Europa league (11 goals in 5 games) with 8 goals coming in the first half, now i feel that if Stoke and their fans are really up for it, and they can limit Valencias time on the ball and really get in their faces and rattle them like we've seen them do to Arsenal in the past, i can see them scoring an early goal int his game or at least grabbing a goal in the first half as i haven't been too impressed with Valencias defending from what i've seen from them this season and that's why i've taken on Stoke to score in both halves @ 10/3 , Goal in the first 10 minutes @10/3, Goal in the 11th-20th minute @7/2 and Stoke first team to score @11/10 all with SkyBet . Haven't stuck anything too big on the game but i felt these prices weren't bad for some small stake punts. I personally would like to see "football" win this game but i feel its worth it as Stoke have the tools to really rattle Valencia.
Was a good start from Stoke but as soon as they dropped the intensity and let players like Tino Costa have time on the ball to start bossing the game there was only gonna be one winner. Really impressed by Valencia today and i guess the debate is slightly answered now for some, lucky i didn't stick anything big on!

Since I follow the Eredivisie, here are some brief suggestions for Dutch teams in this competition. ;) Ajax 0:2 Manchester Utd Both teams are playing below expectations, but the English are clearly higher quality and in better shape. However, these 1,85 for tonight and 1,25 after 2nd leg for Man Utd have no value for me. I expect a great fight from Ajax, but if away side would playing powerfully from start, then their win is certain. Cause this match can go in two ways, imo. draw @3.66 pinnacle 2/2 @3.10 gamebookers AZ Alkmaar 1:0 Anderlecht Great neighborhood derby between teams that are the best in their country this season. In these situations, more experienced team often have a key advantage and therefore 1.97 for Belgians to progress is not bad, imo. But tonight will be very uncertain, because AZ playing great in front of their fans. Great collective, against great individuals? bts @1.67 bet365 Anderlecht to progress @1.97 nordicbet Steaua 0:1 Twente Simply Twente is a better team than Romanians, although Janko left and few new players arrived in Steaua. Steaua didnt played a competitive match this year, while Twente play nice football again with Steve McLaren. Heracles is a local rival, and now must follow the redemption for that defeat. Both teams will play tactically during bad weather. under 2,5 @1.75 nordic bet Twente to progress @1.35 nordic bet Trabzon 1:2 PSV First of all, 1.40 for PSV to qualify? No value for sure. Both teams are in good shape, and there is no too much difference between them. For this first match, I really dont have a reasonable opinion. Only factor that I trust here is a statistic. In their leagues this two are very efficient, but in European competitions it's not so often. But I'll try... bts @1.73 bet365
:clap for all green @lazynko and @blackcrow

Re: UEFA Europa League > Tues 14 & Thurs 16 February I had a mug punt on Porto and Utd just for a nice night in with the footy on TV, a fraction of a unit down... I guess ill just have to take it on the chin :beer. Posted and went for a 7/1 shot on Utd outright earlier on the other thread. Looks good bang for my bucks right now. Well done all winners tonight, especially Mr Crow.

Ajax - Manchester United Its fine to see this odds now. This odds are early around 2.15, but now Sir Alex has confirmed that he will play with the big players. Ajax is dramatic the last weeks. They are missing a lot of players and playing not good after the winterbreak. Okay, they won last Saturday in Breda against NAC Breda. But NAC Breda was poor at home. I think Ajax will start with Vermeer on the goal and he had make a lot of mistakes the last months. Only the central defending with Alderweireld and Vertonghen looks good in this team and maybe Sulejmani (attacker) can make some problems voor the United defense. But I think, United can clear it in Amsterdam. United playing good last match against Liverpool. With Rooney and Wellbeck they have two players who can make some goals against this terrible Ajax. I think Ajax can’t handle the speed and the smart moves from this two players. I don’t see Ajax to score a goal against this united, who are staying good in the defense. 5/10 Manchester United tb. Ajax @ 1.95 Interwetten :nana
Winner!

:( Man Utd @ 1.92 pinnacle Man Utd -1.5 @ 3.35 bet365 Since resuming from their winter break, Ajax have just one win in their 5 games in all competitions as their defence in particluar has let them down. They have conceded at least two goals in 4 of these 5 games, which does not bode well for them as Man Utd come to town, who have scored at least two goals in 11 of their last 12 games in all competitions. With Rooney and the zippy Wellbeck up front, with plenty of supply down the flanks from Valencia and Nani, doubt that Ajax is strong to withstand them here, and though Man Utd are light at the back, they do have some good young players to fill these gaps. Like Man Utd to win this one well Man City @ 2.89 pinnacle While Porto have been doing well this season, doubt that this squad is as good as last year's sqaud as they do have some players missing. City look pretty strong here as they have pretty much their full team for this tie, and with no games on the weekend, they can play their best eleven here. Defensively they are hard to beat, while the likes of Aguero, Silva and Dxeko have been in good touch this season, and with the Toure brothers back, they look even better. Like them to get an away win here to make it easier for them in the second leg Valencia @ 2.44 pinnacle Stoke tend to play well at home, but this season they have been found out at times, and have lost their last two EPL home games to Sunderland and West Brom, and have scored just twice in their last 5 EPL games. Though they topped their group in the previous phase, they face a very experienced European opponent who continue to do well even when they lose players year after year. They are coming off a very good 4-0 win over Sporting Gijon, and expect them to keep possession quite easily here against Stoke. Stoke are not as good as they were last year and going there on a cold midweek night is not as daunting as it used to be
Have to give credit where its due.. Fantastic picks here blackcrow, keep it up mate! Took United shortly before kick off having seen the line-up Hope everyone had a decent night :ok

I should be careful on betting for Anderlecht. I am living at Holland, and I also follow the Belgian Jupiler League. But I can tell you that AZ is with PSV the strongest home team of the eredivisie. They have won at home against PSV, Feyenoord, Ajax got a lucky draw there and in the previous year they have also beat FC Twente and Ajax on their home ground. I will go here for a home win, since the top of Holland is better then the top Belgium in my eyes. 2,08 @Titanbet looks good value to me.
Bet won. AZ was much much better then Anderlecht. Anderlecht just had one chance in the whole match I think. AZ should qualificate themself, they must only score one goal and they Anderlecht must make three! And my team PSV did a very good job, I was not sure that they will win but they did what Internazionale, Cska Moskou and OSC Lille couldn't. Perhaps I am going to back PSV against Valencia!