Bolton v Wigan > Sat 11 Feb

Re: Bolton v Wigan > Sat 11 Feb I think I have to fancy a 1-1 in this game. Bolton have a decent record against teams below them in the league (although in this case we're only talking about 2 places below them!) and Wigan can't keep clean sheets. But Bolton only managed a 1-1 at home to Wolves which I see as being a good indicator for this game. In the last 2 seasons it's been 0-0 and 1-1 in the corresponding fixture and I don't think there's a lot in it between these two teams. The Racing Post have tipped Bolton on the basis of a hot recent run (whereas Wigan have only 1 point from their last 6 games). But that was a 2-2 draw away to Stoke and shows that they can mix it with these types of teams. Bolton won away at Wigan earlier in the season and they are probably a good bet at 1/2 (William Hills) in the draw-no-bet market. But I just have a sneaky feeling for Wigan to nick a point in this local derby.

Re: Bolton v Wigan > Sat 11 Feb I really dont see this game ending in a draw. Wigan are going to need to win about half their remaining games to stay up and this is a must win 6 pointer for both sides. Though games like this can always finish a draw, you wont see Wigan trying to hold out for a point and it will be all or nothing. Personally games like this are like a fight for survival on the last day. I remember Wigan being 9/4 to beat Stoke on the last day of the season at the Britannia, which is very short indeed. Im sure Martinez and Coyle will address the importance of this game to the players and they should all know themselves.

Re: Bolton v Wigan > Sat 11 Feb Even though both teams are in the relegation zone and this game is a 6-pointer for them I personally don't think that there will be plenty of goals. The main reason is that first of all both teams will want to avoid defeat, so expect them to focus mainly on defense. Moreover, head to head stats between these two sides show that in the last 10 games only two games produced plenty of goals. The remaining 8 fixtures between these two sides produced 2 or less goals. 3 times the game ended 0-0, twice the score was 1-1 and 3 times it ended 1-0 (two wins for Wigan and 1 win for Bolton). Under 1.5 Goals @ 4.00 (1 unit) William Hill Under 2.5 Goals @ 2.05 (2 units) William Hill

Re: Bolton v Wigan > Sat 11 Feb Under 2.5 @ 2.07 pinnacle Bolton have not scored in 3 of their last 4 games, with their 3-1 home win over Liverpool, who were looking ahead to two big cup games, seeing them score goals. They also have scored just on one other occasion in their last 4 home games, with 3 of these games going under, as they look to find the right combination that can get them some goals. Wigan are a side that can defend well when they stay focused, as they held out Everton until late on last week, and only allowed Man City to score once a few weeks ago. They need to tighten up in the back though if they are to win this game, as doubt there will be many goals in this game, as Wigan too have not scored many goals, scoring one goal or less in 8 of their last 9 EPL games. These two teams have gone under in 8 of their last 10 meetings in all competitions, so with both teams needing a win, can see them look for a goal and if they do score, then hold on to claim the 3 points Season record: 110-132 (+19.21)

Re: Bolton v Wigan > Sat 11 Feb [TABLE] [TR] [TD][h=1]Tip Detail[/h][/TD] [TD=align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE] [TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Football (England - Prem) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Bolton v Wigan [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Under 2.5 goals [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 11/02/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Skybet @ 2.10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] A must win game for both sides but also a must not lose game for both sides. Both sides dont score many goals and I can see this being a tight affair which I can see Bolton edging 1 v 0. Wigan have only scored 10 goals away from home all season and dont see that changing today. Most bookies go under evens for this and I think skybet have got this completely wrong. [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 2]Close Window[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Bolton v Wigan > Sat 11 Feb Bolton vs Wigan These are two teams that are looking very strong ahead of this match not as previous results, but as will to not lose. Both teams will be looking to not concede as this is a 6 points match. Besides this is a local derby. Except the last meeting and the one from 2010 when we had 4 goals, we regularly saw at maximum 2 goals in it. Bolton scored 14 goals home while Wigan scores 10 and despite having bad defenses both of these teams I think will be the attacking element that will dictate the number of goals. Therefor I go for a match with under 2.5 goals @ 2.00 with StanJames

Re: Bolton v Wigan > Sat 11 Feb Bolton vs Wigan For me both sides are much better going forward than they are in defence and so unlike many in here I do actually fancy goals in this one. I understand that people would suggest that this is more of a don't lose than must win game, but I feel with the positive tactics that both managers tend to employ both will be going for the win rather than the draw. Wigan are frequent scorers and of course concede a fair few on the road as well. They've scored one or more goals in 6 of the last 7 away games, whilst conceding 18 in those same games. Bolton have been a bit more hit and miss at home, but will be confident in this one having been on a decent run since the turn of the year and at home they are unbeaten in three. over 2.5 goals 1.95 at bet365 (5/10 units) Wigan over 1.5 team goals 3.25 at Sporting Bet (2/10 units)

Re: Bolton v Wigan > Sat 11 Feb

I hope it won't be one of these days when the majority is wrong :)
Bolton vs Wigan For me both sides are much better going forward than they are in defence and so unlike many in here I do actually fancy goals in this one. I understand that people would suggest that this is more of a don't lose than must win game, but I feel with the positive tactics that both managers tend to employ both will be going for the win rather than the draw. Wigan are frequent scorers and of course concede a fair few on the road as well. They've scored one or more goals in 6 of the last 7 away games, whilst conceding 18 in those same games. Bolton have been a bit more hit and miss at home, but will be confident in this one having been on a decent run since the turn of the year and at home they are unbeaten in three. over 2.5 goals 1.95 at bet365 (5/10 units) Wigan over 1.5 team goals 3.25 at Sporting Bet (2/10 units)
Oooo Dylan has opposed all of you, thats never good :P

Under 2.5 @ 2.07 pinnacle Bolton have not scored in 3 of their last 4 games, with their 3-1 home win over Liverpool, who were looking ahead to two big cup games, seeing them score goals. They also have scored just on one other occasion in their last 4 home games, with 3 of these games going under, as they look to find the right combination that can get them some goals. Wigan are a side that can defend well when they stay focused, as they held out Everton until late on last week, and only allowed Man City to score once a few weeks ago. They need to tighten up in the back though if they are to win this game, as doubt there will be many goals in this game, as Wigan too have not scored many goals, scoring one goal or less in 8 of their last 9 EPL games. These two teams have gone under in 8 of their last 10 meetings in all competitions, so with both teams needing a win, can see them look for a goal and if they do score, then hold on to claim the 3 points
:eyes

Season record: 112-133 (+20.23)

Bolton vs Wigan For me both sides are much better going forward than they are in defence and so unlike many in here I do actually fancy goals in this one. I understand that people would suggest that this is more of a don't lose than must win game, but I feel with the positive tactics that both managers tend to employ both will be going for the win rather than the draw. Wigan are frequent scorers and of course concede a fair few on the road as well. They've scored one or more goals in 6 of the last 7 away games, whilst conceding 18 in those same games. Bolton have been a bit more hit and miss at home, but will be confident in this one having been on a decent run since the turn of the year and at home they are unbeaten in three. over 2.5 goals 1.95 at bet365 (5/10 units) Wigan over 1.5 team goals 3.25 at Sporting Bet (2/10 units)
:ok + 9.25 units on this match.

Re: Bolton v Wigan > Sat 11 Feb And Dylan wins! If you only posted earlier to try and persuade these mugs to back overs! Well done Dylan and Blackcrow today, even though this bet lot it looks like youve made a good profit for the day. :clap Unlucky everyone else, dont take it seriously! Some other day unders could easily have come in, though I never thought the game could end in a draw.