Wolves v West Brom > Sun 12 Feb

Re: Wolves v West Brom > Sun 12 Feb [TABLE] [TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD]Football (England - Prem) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD]Wolverhampton v West Brom [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD]West Brom [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD]10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD]12/02/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD]Stan James @ 3.30 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD]I think Wolves are a very poor side, i fancy them to get relegated this season. They were lucky QPR went down to 10 men last weekend or else i feel they probably would not have won the game. They have only won 1 of their last 10 PL games and are in dire straits. West Brom are an unpredictable side, but in fairness to them they have picked up some great results away from home, they have a much better record away from home than at home. They have won 5 games on their travels, beating Stoke, Newcastle, Blackburn, Aston Villa and Norwich, so there is no reason they should fear Wolves in any way, and although they were poor when losing to Swansea at the weekend, i think 3.30 is a cracking price for them to beat this Wolves team. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Wolves v West Brom > Sun 12 Feb Over 2.5 @ 1.94 (188bet) With 10/12 of Wolves home games going over, and 8/12 of West Brom's away matches, this looks a good bet. Wolves need to win this one, considering their perilous position and the fact it is a winnable home game. West Brom also will look for three points IMO. Their away record has been better than their home form this season, they have come away with three points a few times and that suggests they do not settle for a point, especially when they think they can win the game. Although Hodgson is normally a defensive manager, he has never quite sured up the defence during his time at West Brom and their attack remains stronger than their defence. Meanwhile Wolves are normally attacking in their home games, with McCarthy tending to favour 4-4-2. It worries me that they might change it as it hasn't been that successful overall this season, but as things stand we have to assume he will go the same way here. Can't quite understand the odds, I guess the teams are of a similar strength with may favour unders, but with the factors I've mentioned I think this is definitely a value bet. It could be one of those games which finishes 1-1, but IMO it will take a lot of poor finishing for that to happen, as the stats and inclinations of the two teams suggest neither will settle for a point.

Re: Wolves v West Brom > Sun 12 Feb Frimpong is a big loss to wolves for the season imo, hes a solid player that Wenger has good faith in. Kightly and Henry both look set to miss out, with Henry finishing a suspension. Trouble for McCarthy. With Blackburn and Wigan both winning today, it really has tightened the bolt joining the bottom 5 clubs within a couple of points of each other. West Brom are more confortable away from home it seems, with a much better away record and Wolves have been very average to say the least, with unrest at Molinuex. Everything seems to point to a West Brom win, except the odds perfectly reflect on this with wolves being 2.600 to win at home, which imo is overexaggerated. With the factors to take into consideration, West Brom of course will be the favourites (minus home advantages), though Wolves still get very good support at Molinuex unlike at E-wood park where the players seem to be more afraid of conceading and getting booed. I would expect the drift to the region of 2.500 at the most from about 2.250, and 2.600 is very big imo for wolves to win. On my notes my earliest fair odds was at 46/29/25, drifting to 44/29/27 after team news. Wolves -0.5 2.600 WH 5/10

Re: Wolves v West Brom > Sun 12 Feb Wolves vs West Brom Wolves have just 4 wins in last 25 matches, but the win over QPR has the gift to place them in a good situation, not familiar for them in this season. If they win here they can go 3 points above the red zone. The fact for taking this bet is that 8 of 12 home games have been ended with 2-3 goals. West Brom played 8 matches from 12 away games in the interval imposed. Except for 2-3 goals in this one @ 2.00 with bet365

Re: Wolves v West Brom > Sun 12 Feb [h=2]TEAM NEWS[/h]Wolves midfielder Karl Henry misses Sunday's game as he completes a three-game ban, while winger Michael Kightly is still out with a back problem. Emmanuel Frimpong has returned to Arsenal after damaging his cruciate ligament, while Kevin Foley, Jamie O'Hara and Dave Edwards are doubts. West Brom duo Keith Andrews and Liam Ridgewell may make their debuts, but Graham Dorrans is doubtful. Shane Long, who has been troubled by chest and back pain, will be assessed. [h=2]MATCH PREVIEW[/h]There will have been contrasting emotions for these old rivals as they prepare for the 146th league Black Country derby. Wolves could well have been going into Sunday's game without a win in 10 Premier League matches, and must have feared the worse when they fell behind last weekend. The response and subsequent three points against 10-man Queens Park Rangers visibly lifted everybody at the club, not least Mick McCarthy, who was at least able to celebrate his 100th Premier League game in charge of the club.

“As ever, this derby won't be for the faint hearted”

I was at Molineux for their last home game and the manner of defeat against Liverpool clearly left him hurting, but the result at Loftus Road will have been a much-needed tonic. He'll be hoping Sebastien Bassong can help plug what has been a leaky defence and, while Emmanuel Frimpong's long-term injury is a blow, the return to fitness of Jamie O'Hara is extremely timely. They've lost their last three league games at home and will be eager to put on a derby show and build on last week's victory. Whilst Wolves have experienced an upturn in fortunes, West Brom go into the game on the back of yet another home defeat after the reverse against Swansea. In fact, they may even be relieved that the clash is at Molineux given that 18 of their 26 points so far have been earned on their travels. In normal circumstances that kind of away form would have propelled them nearer the European spots but they've been left to reflect on the disappointments and frustrations of events at the Hawthorns. This weekend is the first anniversary of Roy Hodgson's arrival to succeed Roberto Di Matteo at West Brom. He inherited a team fourth bottom and in trouble, but steered them to a comfortable 11th place-finish after a 1-1 draw against Wolves in his first game in charge. He'll be more aware of the rivalry in this fixture 12 months on, but also of the importance this particular match could hold. Wolves have only won three of the last 20 games against West Brom in all competitions but a victory on Sunday would suddenly put them within just a point of the Baggies. As ever, this derby won't be for the faint hearted. [h=2]MATCH FACTS[/h]Head-to-head

• Wolves' 3-1 victory against West Brom last May is their only win in their previous seven matches against the Baggies.
  • West Brom have won 53 of the 145 previous league contests between the clubs, with Wolves prevailing on 52 occasions.
Wolves
  • The victory at QPR gave Wolves their first win in 10 league games (W1, D4, L5).
  • Mick McCarthy's side have gained 13 points from losing positions this season, the best record in the Premier League.
  • They have conceded in each of their last 21 league matches, their worst run in the top flight since a club record 23-match streak from December 1961 to August 1962.

West Brom

• The Baggies have not won a Premier League game in February since a 2-0 victory against Blackburn in 2006.
  • They have won three of their last 12 Premier League games but have lost only one of their last six away matches (at Tottenham), claiming 11 points from a possible 18.
  • West Brom have not kept a Premier League clean sheet away from the Hawthorns since winning 1-0 at Norwich in September.

FROM BBC

Re: Wolves v West Brom > Sun 12 Feb Over 2.5 @ 1.98 pinnacle Wolves have scored in 8 of their last 9 home games, as well as scoring at least twice in 5 of these 9 home games, and with West Brom having allowed goals in 15 of their last 16 games, then the home team is likely to get on the board here as they look to beat one of their city rivals. Wolves have conceded in each of their last 21 games, and have allowed at least two goals in 7 of their last 9 home games, and with West Brom having scored in7 of their last 9 away games, as well as scoring at least twice in 5 of these 9 away games, then can see them scoring on this Wolves defence. Both teams have been scoring but also allowing goals in their games, so not only can see both finding the back of the net here, a third, and even a fourth go are possible Season record: 115-135 (+21.31)

Re: Wolves v West Brom > Sun 12 Feb

Over 2.5 @ 1.94 (188bet) With 10/12 of Wolves home games going over, and 8/12 of West Brom's away matches, this looks a good bet. Wolves need to win this one, considering their perilous position and the fact it is a winnable home game. West Brom also will look for three points IMO. Their away record has been better than their home form this season, they have come away with three points a few times and that suggests they do not settle for a point, especially when they think they can win the game. Although Hodgson is normally a defensive manager, he has never quite sured up the defence during his time at West Brom and their attack remains stronger than their defence. Meanwhile Wolves are normally attacking in their home games, with McCarthy tending to favour 4-4-2. It worries me that they might change it as it hasn't been that successful overall this season, but as things stand we have to assume he will go the same way here. Can't quite understand the odds, I guess the teams are of a similar strength with may favour unders, but with the factors I've mentioned I think this is definitely a value bet. It could be one of those games which finishes 1-1, but IMO it will take a lot of poor finishing for that to happen, as the stats and inclinations of the two teams suggest neither will settle for a point.
great call mate, i followed u with this one, cheers. :clap

[TABLE] [TR] [TD]Sport [/TD] [TD]Football (England - Prem) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Event [/TD] [TD]Wolverhampton v West Brom [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection [/TD] [TD]West Brom [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength [/TD] [TD]10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date [/TD] [TD]12/02/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price [/TD] [TD]Stan James @ 3.30 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning [/TD] [TD]I think Wolves are a very poor side, i fancy them to get relegated this season. They were lucky QPR went down to 10 men last weekend or else i feel they probably would not have won the game. They have only won 1 of their last 10 PL games and are in dire straits. West Brom are an unpredictable side, but in fairness to them they have picked up some great results away from home, they have a much better record away from home than at home. They have won 5 games on their travels, beating Stoke, Newcastle, Blackburn, Aston Villa and Norwich, so there is no reason they should fear Wolves in any way, and although they were poor when losing to Swansea at the weekend, i think 3.30 is a cracking price for them to beat this Wolves team. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
Wolves 1 West Brom 5 :clap

Frimpong is a big loss to wolves for the season imo, hes a solid player that Wenger has good faith in. Kightly and Henry both look set to miss out, with Henry finishing a suspension. Trouble for McCarthy. With Blackburn and Wigan both winning today, it really has tightened the bolt joining the bottom 5 clubs within a couple of points of each other. West Brom are more confortable away from home it seems, with a much better away record and Wolves have been very average to say the least, with unrest at Molinuex. Everything seems to point to a West Brom win, except the odds perfectly reflect on this with wolves being 2.600 to win at home, which imo is overexaggerated. With the factors to take into consideration, West Brom of course will be the favourites (minus home advantages), though Wolves still get very good support at Molinuex unlike at E-wood park where the players seem to be more afraid of conceading and getting booed. I would expect the drift to the region of 2.500 at the most from about 2.250, and 2.600 is very big imo for wolves to win. On my notes my earliest fair odds was at 46/29/25, drifting to 44/29/27 after team news. Wolves -0.5 2.600 WH 5/10
-5 units West brom definately looked more dangerous on the counter attack.

Over 2.5 @ 1.98 pinnacle Wolves have scored in 8 of their last 9 home games, as well as scoring at least twice in 5 of these 9 home games, and with West Brom having allowed goals in 15 of their last 16 games, then the home team is likely to get on the board here as they look to beat one of their city rivals. Wolves have conceded in each of their last 21 games, and have allowed at least two goals in 7 of their last 9 home games, and with West Brom having scored in7 of their last 9 away games, as well as scoring at least twice in 5 of these 9 away games, then can see them scoring on this Wolves defence. Both teams have been scoring but also allowing goals in their games, so not only can see both finding the back of the net here, a third, and even a fourth go are possible
:D Season record: 116-135 (+22.29)