** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2012 NRL All Stars Match

Lahrio

Re: 2012 NRL All Stars Match There are a few bets I like here, but all of them will be relatively small stakes, due to the 'trial match' nature of this fixture. Running nicely with that theme, a couple of new rules will be trialled. Firstly, the referee will be able to immediately restart the tackle count for differential ruck infringements - a rule that I would expect to result in a faster paced game. Secondly, a rule that I am completely against, teams will have the opportunity to take 2 opposition players off the field for 5 minutes. Now onto my picks. 3pts NRL All Stars -6.5pts @ 2.95 (IASBet) The NRL All Star squad has actually turned out much better than I expected for a side picked by fans. I particularly think their forward pack will adjust to the quicker pace of the game much better than the Indigenous side. In particular, I think the metres that Paul Gallen makes up the middle will really hurt the Indigenous side, because there won't be that outlet where they can give away a penalty and reset their line. Kade Snowden and Dave Taylor should be able to keep this momentum going for the NRL All Stars, while Nathan Hindmarsh is an 80 minute tackling machine who should have no problem adjusting to the new rule changes. For the Indigenous side, players like George Rose will struggle with this. Rose is really a 40 minute player under normal NRL rules, and I'm not sure how he will handle this rule change. Onto the back line, and while the Indigenous side looks really good with 4 of them being QLD Origin stars, I am tipping the NRL side to match them. Players like Benji Marshall, Manu Vatuvei and Josh Dugan are all superstars, and Jack Reed played exceptionally well in last years four-nations for England. 3 pts NRL All Stars - Most Metres Gained @ 1.90 (IASBet) Continuing on from the above, I think the NRL pack is much better than their opponents. I expect them to make plenty of metres, laying a solid platform for their halves to work from, while the Indigenous side will be much more reliant on Thurston or Inglis manufacturing miracle plays to wrestle back the momentum. 1.5pts NRL All Stars to Score First/Lead at HT/Lead at FT @ 3.95 (IASBet) Just a small bet here. I think the odds are pretty good for this. I think if NRL can score first and get a bit of momentum heading their way, there is no reason why they can't capitalise and lead for most of, if not the whole match.

Re: 2012 NRL All Stars Match

3pts NRL All Stars -6.5pts @ 2.95 (IASBet) :clap 3 pts NRL All Stars - Most Metres Gained @ 1.90 (IASBet) :clap 1.5pts NRL All Stars to Score First/Lead at HT/Lead at FT @ 3.95 (IASBet) :(
So I make it +7.05 units of profit. Good start to the season, and looking forward to the regular season getting underway!