** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Portugal - Superliga - 20-23 January

Friday 20 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Académica de Coimbra v União de Leiria (20:15 GMT) 2 3.5 4.2 102.38 %
Saturday 21 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Beira-Mar v Marítimo (20:30 GMT) 2.85 3.25 2.7 102.89 %
Sunday 22 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Nacional da Madeira v Feirense (16:00 GMT) 1.98 3.35 4.2 104.17 %
maximize.gif Paços de Ferreira v Vitória de Setúbal (16:00 GMT) 2.01 3.3 4.05 104.75 %
maximize.gif Sporting de Braga v Rio Ave (16:15 GMT) 1.41 4.4 10 103.65 %
maximize.gif FC Porto v Vitoria de Guimaraes (18:15 GMT) 1.3 5.5 11 104.20 %
maximize.gif Benfica v Gil Vicente (20:15 GMT) 1.15 8.6 19.4 103.73 %
Monday 23 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Olhanense v Sporting CP (20:15 GMT) 5.5 3.65 1.67 105.46 %

Re: Portugal - Superliga - 20-23 January Academica vs leiria : Coimbra is a very difficult team to beat on their pitch. Pedro emanuel managed very well to build up a competitive team this year. Even if they lost sissoko, gone to wofsburg and perhaps adrien silva to everton, they are clearly better than leiria, which is for me so far, the worst team in the liga. Only djaniny, ogu and brigido bring a bit of quality, they lack experience and talent, fortunately for them, manuel cajuda, an experienced manager arrived to help them but for my taste they will get off. Furthermore they have huge financial problems. I dont understand why the odds are so high for coimbra.:eek Beira mar vs maritimo : I believe beira mar will not lose this game. They are one of the best defence, maritimo have just sold baba to sevilla, the best striker of the liga zon sagres, roberge and sami are on the verge to leave funchal as well, so key players, i think maritimo will have serious difficulties to bring merely one point. Porto and benfica will continue their fight for the first spot, benfica will win easily gil vicente but i warn you by the fact that vitoria guimaraes is regaining some decent football. Hulk will be probably out for this game due to injury... i see porto winning but with some difficulty. Finally i will not play braga, i have an intuition which tells me that they will not win, despite they beat sporting last week. Nacional will win for me, they have to gain some confidence because they face sporting on the second leg of the portuguese cup against sporting soon, the squad is pretty good with the return of pecnik. To finish, sporting isn't very fit, play in olhao is difficult, ask it to porto, they will give up the title race this week end, sergio conceicao is reserving a big surprise

Re: Portugal - Superliga - 20-23 January

Academica vs leiria : Coimbra is a very difficult team to beat on their pitch. I dont understand why the odds are so high for coimbra.:eek
Probably because Leiria lost only once (02/03) in last nine away games in Coimbra. Anyway, very useful post mate! :cheers

Probably because Leiria lost only once (02/03) in last nine away games in Coimbra. Anyway, very useful post mate! :cheers
The goalkeeper Gottardi ( leiria ) is out for this game, he is one of the best keeper in portugal, that consolidates my intention to add money on academica. Furthermore david simao has just arrived from benfica on loan to improve the team. :beer

Re: Portugal - Superliga - 20-23 January Academica's last home win was in September and besides that they have a poor record in the last 8 games. I still think Academica will win but desperate teams as Leiria usually tend to make things harder than the odds show. Agree with Falcao about Porto. They will struggle for sure. Hulk will be out injured and I see some lack of firepower. I would fancy a lowscore game and James Rodriguez to score anytime. I think Rio Ave are awful on the road and Braga will fight to maintain their third spot. Another game that gets my attention is Pacos Ferreira - V. Setubal. Setubal are yet to win an away game and I think it's a all or nothing game to P. Ferreira. They fight to avoid relegation and Setubal won 2-1 at home. So it's a must win game to P. Ferreira. Maybe with some draw cover, if the price is right. GL

Academica's last home win was in September and besides that they have a poor record in the last 8 games. I still think Academica will win but desperate teams as Leiria usually tend to make things harder than the odds show.
I've seen Academica quite a bit and while they are quite good to watch, they certainly struggle to get results. They attack, but they rarely win games. As soon as they come up against a team with a good work-rate and will to win they struggle.

Academica vs leiria : Coimbra is a very difficult team to beat on their pitch. Pedro emanuel managed very well to build up a competitive team this year. Even if they lost sissoko, gone to wofsburg and perhaps adrien silva to everton, they are clearly better than leiria, which is for me so far, the worst team in the liga. Only djaniny, ogu and brigido bring a bit of quality, they lack experience and talent, fortunately for them, manuel cajuda, an experienced manager arrived to help them but for my taste they will get off. Furthermore they have huge financial problems. I dont understand why the odds are so high for coimbra.:eek Beira mar vs maritimo : I believe beira mar will not lose this game. They are one of the best defence, maritimo have just sold baba to sevilla, the best striker of the liga zon sagres, roberge and sami are on the verge to leave funchal as well, so key players, i think maritimo will have serious difficulties to bring merely one point. Porto and benfica will continue their fight for the first spot, benfica will win easily gil vicente but i warn you by the fact that vitoria guimaraes is regaining some decent football. Hulk will be probably out for this game due to injury... i see porto winning but with some difficulty. Finally i will not play braga, i have an intuition which tells me that they will not win, despite they beat sporting last week. Nacional will win for me, they have to gain some confidence because they face sporting on the second leg of the portuguese cup against sporting soon, the squad is pretty good with the return of pecnik. To finish, sporting isn't very fit, play in olhao is difficult, ask it to porto, they will give up the title race this week end, sergio conceicao is reserving a big surprise
What's wrong with Braga Falcao ? I quite fancy Braga to beat a weak team like Rio Ave.

Re: Portugal - Superliga - 20-23 January on a different note..did anyone see sporting last night (thursday) play in cup game and it was 1-1 and 92 min sporting had a penatly and bohjinov missed it...i had money on sporting and they could't even beat a league 2 team at home which is abit fishy to me when i saw the penalty and could of scored it easily but i don't think sporting wanted to win:puke thats why im staying away from sporting and recommend you to aswell:puke

Re: Portugal - Superliga - 20-23 January Academica vs Uniao Leiria I will bet on a team that haven't won in the league since the end of September. But in the meantime they managed to win against Porto and made a 1-1 with Sporting. Leiria made a 2-2 last round with Nacional Madeira, but in my opinion they will have huge problems here. Leiria has a great record on this field with 4 wins, 4 draws and 1 defeat only. But this season is different as the team is on relegation area and the record should start changing. Academica Coimbra @ 2.02 with Canbet

What's wrong with Braga Falcao ? I quite fancy Braga to beat a weak team like Rio Ave.
Rio ave is not so weak, they have great players like atsu, yazalde, kelvin or tomas. Furthermore braga played wednesday for the league cup with almost all the first team, conversely rio ave rested some players on their draw against gil vicente. It's just an intuition, a personal bet even if braga is clearly favourite:ok

Re: Portugal - Superliga - 20-23 January Things are getting difficult for academica, eder the striker is on the verge to join fc porto, he has not been called :( on the other hand david simao will not be able to play because he was not registered on schedule. Despite that i have faith on this win :hope

on a different note..did anyone see sporting last night (thursday) play in cup game and it was 1-1 and 92 min sporting had a penatly and bohjinov missed it...i had money on sporting and they could't even beat a league 2 team at home which is abit fishy to me when i saw the penalty and could of scored it easily but i don't think sporting wanted to win:puke thats why im staying away from sporting and recommend you to aswell:puke
Yes - I did, and I don't think it was a conspiracy, and I do think Sporting wanted to win. They were the better team, but Moreirense fought hard and I was impressed with their striker with the Mohican haircut (can't remember his name). At times, Sporting overwhelmed Moreirense, and it seemed certain that they would win by several goals. Having seen them a few times, I think Sporting somehow lack drive and belief compared with the other top Portuguese sides - part of the blame for that must lie with the manager (it's his job to instil that in the players). Because this was a group qualifier for the Portuguese league cup, Sporting still have a chance of going through I think. Overall, I think they need to pay less attention to their individual talents and the size and history of their club, and more to being strong as a team and winning games.

Re: Portugal - Superliga - 20-23 January ^^ OMG, what an idiot :puke Last week I had Nacional on AH, they finished 2:2. The same explanation goes here. Nacional is traditionally a home team, plus to note the unusual weather situation at the Madeira island. I very much doubt that the newcomer Feirense is able to win at Nacional. Nacional AH(0) @1,42

Academica vs leiria : Coimbra is a very difficult team to beat on their pitch. Pedro emanuel managed very well to build up a competitive team this year. Even if they lost sissoko' date=' gone to wofsburg and perhaps adrien silva to everton, they are clearly better than leiria, which is for me so far, the worst team in the liga. Only djaniny, ogu and brigido bring a bit of quality, they lack experience and talent, fortunately for them, manuel cajuda, an experienced manager arrived to help them but for my taste they will get off. Furthermore they have huge financial problems. I dont understand why the odds are so high for coimbra.:eek[/quote'] Result: Academica 0 Leiria 0 I saw a lot of this game last night. I thought a draw was a fair result. Leiria looked more dangerous in the first half, and Academica in the second. But neither team convinced in attack or did enough to win. Academica disappointed once again.

Re: Portugal - Superliga - 20-23 January Olhanense v Sporting Monday 20.15 Olhanense in 9th are at home to Sporting Lisbon in 5th. Respective home/away records this season so far: Olhanense home: 3/2/3 11/12 Sporting away: 4/2/2 11/8 http://www.soccerway.com/national/portugal/portuguese-liga-/2011-2012/regular-season/ Sporting's away record is a bit better than Olhanense's home one, but not much. Two of Sporting's recent defeats have been at highly placed Braga and Benfica, but Sporting have looked fairly poor a lot of the times I have seen them. Haven't seen Olhanense much, but I think their odds look a bit too long at 5.8 (Betfair) and there might be some value in opposing Sporting (1.76). I think I might watch this one in-play.

Olhanense v Sporting Monday 20.15 Olhanense in 9th are at home to Sporting Lisbon in 5th. Respective home/away records this season so far: Olhanense home: 3/2/3 11/12 Sporting away: 4/2/2 11/8 http://www.soccerway.com/national/portugal/portuguese-liga-/2011-2012/regular-season/ Sporting's away record is a bit better than Olhanense's home one, but not much. Two of Sporting's recent defeats have been at highly placed Braga and Benfica, but Sporting have looked fairly poor a lot of the times I have seen them. Haven't seen Olhanense much, but I think their odds look a bit too long at 5.8 (Betfair) and there might be some value in opposing Sporting (1.76). I think I might watch this one in-play.
Result: Olhanense 0 Sporting 0 I saw quite a bit of the second half. Sporting did most of the attacking, but they didn't look convincing. Olhanense broke occasionally and came a lot closer to scoring - the Sporting keeper pulling off some good saves. Sporting had more of the play, but just didn't really do enough to score, so in that sense a draw was a fair result.