Wed: 4.00 Coral Cup Handicap Hurdle

• 1 month later...

Re: Wed: 4.00 Coral Cup Handicap Hurdle 4.00 Cheltenham Wednesday Coral Cup Not entirely sure about te key to this race but i found it last year with Carlito Brigante and again i am looking for some course form in the locker. Firstly, take note of Consigliere from David Pipes stable who had multiple engagements this week over fences as well as hurdles. Interesting to see they have chosen a hurdle route when the horse has finished 3rd and 4th in chases at the last 2 festivals. Pipe has 4 runners in the field and could have taken these out to get his Balgarry into the race who just sneaked in at number 28. Pipe often has a horse lined up to be apprentice ridden and young Thomas Bellamny claims 10lb off its back. Its last hurdle race was in Feb 2010 at ascot off a mark of 133, Bellamys claim takes it down to a mark of 126 for tomorrow. A mark which the horse run up a 4 timer in 2009 over hurdles. To me it looks a bit obvious the horse must have a chance but i nicked 48.0 on BF today and wont be surprised if it comes into around 30.0 by the start of the race. It could have done with a bit of cut but they have watered plenty and still there is a g/soft in the ground title. I know little about Bellamy but anyone pipe puts up is normally good enough. Another horse on my cheltenham do not ignore list is Hobbs' Cockney Trucker, a horse fully exposed but interesting nonetheless with a cheltenham pedigree, having finished 4th and 3rd in the County hurdle in 2011 and 2009 showing a liking for the course and also this time of year. The Relkeel hurdle in December may prove to be an interesting form line with Oscar whiskey winning, with Get me out of here 2nd and Cockney Trucker 3rd. GMOOH ran off level weights with CT and CT gets a 13lb pull for 9L defeat that day. GMOOH is 8/1 and CT is 33/1? For me GMOOH was going to be my nap in this but its difficult to imagine it can beat Cockney trucker. I always felt that GMOOH would win this year and i dont want to miss it if it does. It was 12/1 at the weekend and 8/1 now, no doubt the bookies fearing the mcmanus money at some point. Looking at a couple of others also, Tenor Nivernais finished 7th in last years Fred winter off a mark of 124. 2 wins this season has seen its mark rise to 140, jockey takes a handy 5lb off but its still a 10lb rise for last win. Seems to prefer softer ground so not sure its a bet on ground that clearly wont be soft. Baly Legend is another large price one to consider having won here earlier in the season but is yet to prove it stays the trip. On the form line from the NAtional spirit hurdle at Fontwell, its gets a 17lb pull for a 21L defeat. I would have to think Third Intention would getter of it again. Going back to last year Son of flicka finished only 0.5l 2nd to Sir Des Champs in the MArtin Pipe race last year and although hasnt done well this season over a variety of trips in some decent races, it is back on a similar mark as last year only 1lb higher. mccain had a winner today and also Overturn ran really well so there is some confidence it could return to form. Carlito Brigante won this last year after finishing 4th in the triumph the year before and it would be a feat to win this off a 16lb higher mark this year. Third intention and Final approach are bothcourse winners who warrant respect but Third intention has gone up in the weights again and now off a career high mark of 153. Final approach won the county last year and shouldnt be able to win on the form linbe with Cockney trucker and GMOOH which is another plus for those 2 horses. In conclusion, Cockney Trucker looks overpriced, Get me out of here should again run a big race and Consigliere and Son of flicka are worthy outsiders. Been on Betfair tonight to have some of those massive prices. Will have a bet on GMOOH elsewhere Son of flicka 0.3pts win @ 46.0 Consigliere 0.3pts win @ 50.0 & 0.2pts win @ 65.0 Cockney Trucker 0.2pts win @ 60.0 and 0.2pts win @ 100.0

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.