Wed: 2.40 RSA Steeple Chase

Re: Wed: 2.40 RSA Steeple Chase If Grands Crus goes for this it is at his mercy in my opinion but I backed Sir Des Champs at the start of the season at 25/1 and I was encouraged when Mullins said the other day on ATR he was one of 3 he was most looking forward to seeing at the Festival. His two runs in Ireland haven't really told us much yet, although Knockferina was giving him a race last time until she jumped out towards the end. He jumps well though and the vibes are good, and of course he is already a festival winner. He is very lightly raced and there should be a lot more to come and he is another I really looking forward to seeing race. Ig Grands Crus does go the Gold Cup route then the race is wide open with Bobs Worth the likely favourite but he has not really convinced me massively although he has had a breathing op and clearly has class. Bog Warrior is hype and will need it to be testing I think. Is Champion Court definately going for this, as he could be a price?

Re: Wed: 2.40 RSA Steeple Chase First Lieutenant won me a lot of money when winning the Neptune last year so I backed him for this at the start of the year (12/1) He hasn't sparkled over fences in the way I thought he would have yet but he showed me enough lto that he could be a decent e/w bet in this race when he gets back on the better ground and as Davy Russell said he's being trained for one day in March, anything else is a bonus. I've gone in again at 20/1 e/w The other one I was on for this race was Sonofvic before he appeared this season at 33/1, and after the run against Grand Crus I thought I had a live one, just a shame he was so so disappointing lto to end his fences campaign for the season

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Wed: 2.40 RSA Steeple Chase I read it as if they go and win the argento then they'll be more or less forced to go gold cup route and they wanna keep their options open, maybe that is saying it's the R.S.A but Pipe has been saying that the gold cup entry is genuine one so I'm still not sure! Would like to hear others opinions on which race he'll end up in as i like to back the horse but i can't at the prices until I'm fairly sure what race he'll be entered for!

• 1 month later...

Re: Wed: 2.40 RSA Steeple Chase Like The Rat, i am on Sir Des Champs, but @ 11/1... If Grands Crus goes Gold Cup, Sir Des Champs could go off favourite. He is currently top priced 9/2, so great value nonetheless..

Re: Wed: 2.40 RSA Steeple Chase Can someone just confirm that we have reached the 5 day declaration stage? I'm sure I've read on here somewhere that Pipe was going to decide on Grand Crus's destination today. He still appears in the RSA so can we take it that this will be his destination?

Re: Wed: 2.40 RSA Steeple Chase I know a few who suggest Grands Crus won't stay in the RSA or Gold Cup due to never having really been in a real battle. It's also been mentioned in the Cheltenham Preview nights. I think the owners will want to go the Gold Cup route even though it's probably a year too soon.

Re: Wed: 2.40 RSA Steeple Chase Invictus is a definate non runner Grand Crus not strong in either market at the moment. Can't be having Bobs Worth myself, especially now at the price. Hard to really knock his form or Cheltenham record but he just hasn't really blown me away so far

Re: Wed: 2.40 RSA Steeple Chase Bobs Worth - he has not been as inspiring in his running this season but to be fair he has been going the wrong way and his last race henderson admitted he was still adjusting after his wind op .The race is at Cheltenham he loves the course and also even when placed he is staying on strongly at the end of a race.I think he is the best e/w horse he is suited to the course and the hill - he WILL place and I think has a good chance of winning a Cheltenam.

Re: Wed: 2.40 RSA Steeple Chase

Bobs Worth - he has not been as inspiring in his running this season but to be fair he has been going the wrong way and his last race henderson admitted he was still adjusting after his wind op .The race is at Cheltenham he loves the course and also even when placed he is staying on strongly at the end of a race.I think he is the best e/w horse he is suited to the course and the hill - he WILL place and I think has a good chance of winning a Cheltenam.
He could fall, get brought down, unseat ???

There is every chance the first 3 will be Grands Crus' date=' Sir Des Champs and First Lieutenant... You can't say a horse WILL place, i have seen 1/12 shots not place.[/quote'] Doubtful as it looks like Sir Des Champs is gonna run in the jewson!

You think? I will be gutted if that is the case' date=' as i backed it @ 11/1 for the RSA.[/quote'] That's what betfair seems to be suggesting at the the moment, out to 9.2 for RSA but that was as big as 11.5 last night! The owner wants it to run in the Jewson as he's already got First Lieutenant running in the RSA, i think Mullins prefers the RSA but i get the feeling it's dependent on whether Grand Crus turns up or not! With Grand Crus almost certain to go RSA and First Lieutenant only entered in the RSA, i would say that the Jewson is the most likely target for SDC but who knows with Mulliins, he could change his mind another couple of times before the off!

Re: Wed: 2.40 RSA Steeple Chase my cheltenham ratings for the race [TABLE=width: 84]

[TR] [TD=width: 112, bgcolor: transparent]Grand crus 92[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=bgcolor: transparent]Sire des champs 89[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=bgcolor: transparent]Bobs worth 87[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=bgcolor: transparent]Join together 84[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=bgcolor: transparent]first lieutenant 78[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=bgcolor: transparent]Call the police 57[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=bgcolor: transparent]Cannington brook 55[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=bgcolor: transparent]Bog warrior 50[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=bgcolor: transparent]Lambro 44[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Wed: 2.40 RSA Steeple Chase Im with Billvernon here. I think Bobs Worth will definitely place and maybe even win. For me Grands Crus is not a banker for this. There are a few in here that could cause an upset

That's what betfair seems to be suggesting at the the moment, out to 9.2 for RSA but that was as big as 11.5 last night! The owner wants it to run in the Jewson as he's already got First Lieutenant running in the RSA, i think Mullins prefers the RSA but i get the feeling it's dependent on whether Grand Crus turns up or not! With Grand Crus almost certain to go RSA and First Lieutenant only entered in the RSA, i would say that the Jewson is the most likely target for SDC but who knows with Mulliins, he could change his mind another couple of times before the off!
SDC confirmed for jewson, out of RSA!

Re: Wed: 2.40 RSA Steeple Chase 2.40 Cheltenham - 4pts win Bobs Worth @ 4/1 (BlueSQ) I'm keeping the faith with this horse here, as conditions will be right up his street today. He has to try and reverse form with the hot favourite Grands Crus, but should get closer here, with greater emphasis on stamina. Bobs Worth was a serious staying novice hurdler last season, who won the Albert Bartlett in decent style. He faced stiff opposition at Newbury on his chase debut, in the shape of Cue Card (ran a good 2nd in yesterday's Arkle). My selection wasn't as good as his rival at most of his fences, but his stamina really kicked in after the last, and he got up in the shadows of the post under a power-packed Barry Geraghty ride. He's not quite been at home in two starts since - at Kempton and Ascot. Both flatter tracks which tend to be a bit more about speed than stamina, something which isn't Henderson's runner's forte. His jumping has remained pretty hesitant, and he has kept on fairly well in both contests without really threatening. Mistakes late on cost him at Ascot from getting close to the winner, and his jumping naturally remains a concern here. However, he returns to Cheltenham for the first time since last year's festival - and he has a flawless 100% record at the track (3-3). The nature of Cheltenham suits the horse down to the ground, and I'm sure he's going to put in his best performance of the season today. There looks to be plenty of deadwood in the race. The market believes this is a four-horse race, but I think you can narrow that down to 2. First Lieutenant hasn't impressed me hugely over fences, and has an absence to overcome. He does go well fresh, but the stats are against horses without a recent run in this race, and the yard aren't exactly flying. Join Together is another to fall foul of the recent-run stat, and looks to want an even stiffer test. Grands Crus hasn't run in the calendar year, either, so Bobs Worth must have an excellent chance considering the last 48 winners have run in the same year as the RSA Chase. I really think this is his chance, and it can all come together for him this year, back at Cheltenham, and back at the festival.