Tennis: Australian Open 2012

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012

3/10 Berdych - Nadal over 9.5 games in the first set @ 1.70 Unibet :nana Call here. 3 off the 4 matches that Nadal will played this AO are in the first set over 9.5 games. Only one match their will be a under. I see al little bit value here. 4/10 Wozniacki tb. Clijsters @ 1.83 William Hill :@ I don't see Clijsters full recovered from here injury and see a little bit value for Woz. If she can play with fully concentration she can reach the next round.
Care about Woz, Clijsters and here injury underrated here i think.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Nadal handicap just missed out by a game, won by 5 games annoyingly enough. Game went pretty much as predicted but wasnt expecting such resistance from Berdych in the second set when Nadal led and served for it at 5-3 (I think), in the end Berdy had set point to go 2-0 up. Really ought to have backed Clijsters too, missed opportunity there in a very favourable match-up.

Rafa Nadal vs Tomas Berdych – Nadal -5.5 games 1.85 at Bwin (1 unit):\ Victoria Azarenka vs Agnieska Radwanska – over 20.5 games 1.83 at Ladbrokes(1 unit):ok Caroline Wozniaki vs Kim Clijsters – over 21.5 games 1.91 at Coral (1 unit):ok
So close with Rafa, wasn't expecting Berdych to keep it as close as he did for those opening two sets. Still a small profit overall last night so not all bad. Well done all other winners.

Bit undecided if i should back Errani for the win vs Kvitova tonight generally @7 W Hills,Betfred She was outstanding in her last round match vs Zheng Overpriced?
I think the situation will be different first of all she will play against a lefty and 2nd I believe that the players that the italian met so far don`t have Kvitova`s serve.....and why not the level that she reached.... (a little example: beating Ivanovic for the first time in her career after losing the first 3)

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 [TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Tennis [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Kvitova - Errani [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Under 19 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 1/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 25/01/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Pinnacle Sports @ 1.71 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] In my opinion Petra Kvitova can destroy Sarra Errani tonight on the court. Day session, so conditions are sunny and balls can flying really fast - this is huge advantage for Czech Republic star.. In this conditions I see many free points on the serve for Petra and huge troubles on the serve for Errani - agressive, powerfull return from Kvitova. Look like fast match for Petra. Too high line 6-2, 6-2 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Tonight I’m going to take; Novak Djokovic vs David Ferrrer – Djokovic 3-0 1.75 at Bwin (1 unit) In all but one of the six matches these two have played on hard courts Novak has won in straight sets and as he is playing well this tournament I see no reason why that won’t happen today. The only match that didn’t was the match in London last November, a tournament where Djokovic was struggling with his shoulder injury and he was quick to set the record straight easily beating Ferrer 6-2 6-1 in Abu Dhabi at the turn of the year. I also think that Djokovic will also be looking to be a bit more clinical having dropped his first set of the tournament against Hewitt in the last round. Andy Murray vs Kei Nishikori – First set under 9.5 games 1.90 at Sporting Bet (1 unit) When I was looking at Nishikori’s record against the big name players he almost always has lost and at times struggled in first set. He’s played Tsonga twice this year and lost both opening sets with scorelines of 1-6 and 2-6. In the past few months he has also has lost opening sets to Roddick (3-6), Federer (1-6), Djokovic (2-6) and against Murray in October 2011 he lost the opener 6-3, and also the second set 6-0. I haven’t seen enough of Nishikori to say whether this is an accurate reflection of how he’s played or is a problem that he has, but I’m going to go for it anyway and hope for the best. Murray has been playing some excellent tennis this tournament. In the last two sets vs Llodra and the first two vs Kukushkin he was so dominant and if he can keep that momentum going into the starting of this game, Kei might be in for a shock early on. :hope Could see nothing to interest me in the two womens matches.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Mixed bag from me last night with Del Potro getting hammered killing the outright I had on him and Nadal just failing to cover the handicap. Overall now I'm sitting on +14.27 for the tournament with Nadal in the semis. Was tempted to back both of the underdogs in the women's matches tonight with the handicaps but I'm not entirely convinced. I think they both will cover them but then again Sharapova and Kvitova have the potential to hammer them as well. Am taking some interest in the men's quarters though. David Ferrer (+8 games) to beat Novak Djokovic- 5/6 Sportingbet- (4/10) Ferrer has consistently improved with every match he has played in the tournament and since he struggled against Sweeting, he's seen off Chela and Gasquet in straight sets and given he hasn't lost a match technically "this season", it shows what good form the Spaniard is in. Djokovic is still playing some good stuff but for the first time against Hewitt, we saw how he still can have his moments where his game drops if his opponent keeps going and doesn't roll over. The likes of Lorenzi, Giraldo and Mahut didn't really try and fight at all but Hewitt did and in David Ferrer, you have perhaps one of the best fighters in the game. He'll be in Djokovic's face all the time and will really fight for every point and return as many balls as he can. The slower courts also favour the Spaniard as even when Djokovic was winning every trophy he set eyes on, Ferrer still took a set off him and ran the Serb close when they met on clay in Madrid so it shows Ferrer has the game to trouble him in the slower conditions. The Spaniard's game is consistent and is a real fighter which just says to me that this line looks a touch high. He could well take a set of Djokovic as Hewitt did but even if he doesn't, as long as he keeps this close like he should do in my eyes, he should cover the handicap here. Andy Murray vs Kei Nishikori- Under 30.5 games- 10/11 Bet365- (3/10) Quite what I'm doing backing the unders in a Murray match as far on as the quarter finals is a disaster waiting to happen really but in truth this is a horrible matchup fro Nishikori. He doesn't possess any real weapons to hurt Murray in anyway and particularly on serve, Murray should be able to create chances in most service games on return. Tsonga made a ton of unforced errors the other day but that is one thing Murray won't do and he should be in control for the majority of the rallies. The fact that Nishikori has played 3 successive 5 setters now as well as doubles should play into Murray's hands and he should take advantage of any fatigue creeping into Nishikori's game. Providing Murray doesn't lose his concentration, this should be a doddle for the Scot. The handicap is usually a better choice if you're looking to back Murray but he really shouldn't be dropping a set here and he knows he'll want to stay fresh for when he faces Djokovic in the semis. Murray beat Nishikori 6-3 6-0 at the back end of last season and providing he is focused, he really shouldn't be letting Nishikori in to take a set off him here.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Ekaterina Makarova vs Maria Sharapova over 19.5 games 4/5 skybet when you look at this match you see that sharapova is favourite but i think makarova can give her a tough match especially winning her last match without losing a set against one of the tournament favourites

Andy Murray vs Kei Nishikori – First set under 9.5 games 1.90 at Sporting Bet (1 unit) When I was looking at Nishikori’s record against the big name players he almost always has lost and at times struggled in first set. He’s played Tsonga twice this year and lost both opening sets with scorelines of 1-6 and 2-6. In the past few months he has also has lost opening sets to Roddick (3-6), Federer (1-6), Djokovic (2-6) and against Murray in October 2011 he lost the opener 6-3, and also the second set 6-0. I haven’t seen enough of Nishikori to say whether this is an accurate reflection of how he’s played or is a problem that he has, but I’m going to go for it anyway and hope for the best. Murray has been playing some excellent tennis this tournament. In the last two sets vs Llodra and the first two vs Kukushkin he was so dominant and if he can keep that momentum going into the starting of this game, Kei might be in for a shock early on.
Thanks for this, doubled it up with Kuzzy and Zvon to win their doubles from being a service game behind 1-0.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Novak Djokovici vs Ferrer Djokovic met Ferer 12 times winning 7 and losing 5. From these 6 matches had first set inside the limit imposed, while in the last 5 matches 4 were also inside this limit. There are many tempting bets for this match such as Ferrer +8 games, but I think this set betting type is the most appropriate. Djokovic is a fighter especially when we talk about first set when he gives his best. Ferrer is not offering the best in the first set especially when he plays with good players. under 9.5 games in the first set @ 1.83 with bet365

I cashed in properly on that lol 61 on the set and 161 on the match .. quite hysterical in the end happy.gif
Yeah, I had some bucks on Ferrer pre-match at around 8/1 with the hope of trading it during the first tight set. Been giving away the hope after Ferrer lost the first set, and I just thought I am dreaming when I saw this, LOL. Apparently people with weak nerves started to pour money on Ferrer when Djoker acted like as if he had fitness problems. You normally don't get 1.10 pre-match and 1.99 after winning the first set. Do you? This was extraordinary experience for me. Hope the others took advantage as well.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Sharapova to bt Kvitova @2.250 Pinnacle Wrong fav here. They played last year in Wimbledon, where Kvitova was in the form of her life and won, and in Tokyo, where Sharapova had to retire at 3-4 and serving in the 1st set after ruining her ankle by an unfortunate landing during a serve. IMO Sharapova is in better form here. She had problems only with the bum-bum Lisicki and otherwise she was killing her opponents quite routinely. Kvitova had problems with both Navarro and Errani (44 UE's). Both ladies are able to choke away the match, but IMO Kvitova is more prone to do so. If Maria manages to keep her 1st serve working like she has today against Makarova, Kvitova has no chance. Azarenka to bt Clijsters @1.926 Pinnacle Kim is better when it comes to shot consistency, but her serve is far too weak. Aza will punish it with precise killer returns. Aza playing here in superb form, and unless she will have fitness problems due to the heat she should prevail. But the forecast is favourable (26 degrees Centigrade for thursday in Melbourne). H2H from 2011 is 1-1, both on hard, Aza winning the last match 63 63. I. Aza to win this for me. GL :hope

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Clijsters vs Azarenka Azarenka is her best form and she is very precise in everything she does. Clijsters is good, showed beautiful tennis, but she played very much waiting the mistake from the other player. This time Azarenka is not throwing away points and no point is lost without a big, big fight. I think she learned so much from first set with Radwanska and she will be closer to the perfection in this match! Azarenka @ 1.93 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Kvitova vs Sharapova Sharapova is offering beautiful tennis lately, but against left handed Kvitova will have many, many problems. Kvitova offered many break chances with Errani, but just 4 with Ivanovic so is pretty unpredictable the way she will play. Sharapova offered just 2 chances of break to Makarova, while against Lisicki offered 10. I rate Kvitova as the better player as she had an intense activity all over 2011 with good results and her actual form is on the same level. Kvitova @ 1.80 with Sportingbet

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Early pick: 6/10 Murray to win more than 1.5 set against Djokovic? NO @ 1.90 Bwin Djokovic playing today another great match against Ferrer. Don't see Murray here win 2 or 3 sets against this Djokovic. I see value here if you see they other -1.5 sets by Djokovic. Murray won easy today against Nishikori, but Djokovic is a level better for Murray.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Federer vs Nadal I think this match is going to be a thriller. I think none of these two will want to lose the first set and will give their absolute best here. Federer is in a much better condition of playing while Nadal is teh same fighter we know, that never gives up. First set is going to decide so much in this match. Therefor I think will see a long first set! over 10.5 games in the first set @ 3.30 with Unibet

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Kim Clijsters vs Victoria Azarenka – Clijsters to win 2.05 at Bet365 (1 unit) Odds are understandably tight and whilst it was hard to pick a winner in this one I have plumped for Clijsters. Since coming back into the game Clijsters has met Azarenka on 6 occasions winning 4 of them, and on hard courts specifically it is 4-1 to Clijsters. Whilst the most recent winner in a match between these pair was Azarenka, I think the H2H record tells us that Clijsters is the better player and if’s she fit and in form then she should be able to beat her opponent. She clearly is in form and having seen off Li Na and Wozniaki I have no concerns about her injury either, however bad it is she can clearly manages it well whilst on court. I think the pressure on Azarenka to reach WTA #1, and her lack of experience in getting past a semi at any major event could be telling here as well as her occasional lapses in concentration. I read she made 38 unforced errors in her qtr final match and even if Radwanska couldn’t take full advantage I think Kim can. Maria Sharapova vs Petra Kvitova - over 21.5 games 1.80 at Ladbrokes (1 unit) I think this one is even tougher to call than the first semi, and so think this one could go on for a while until either lady can grind the other down. I reckon both will have been a little surprised to have got this far with relatively little concerns but now they have got there both have a good fighting mentality and will not want to let a place in a grand slam final go. Whilst both are playing well neither have shown anything that makes me think that they will be able to blast the other off the court, and the least we can expect in my opinion is 2 very tight sets. :hope

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Tennis [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Maria Sharapova - Petra Kvitova [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Maria Sharapova [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 5/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 26/01/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Unibet @ 2.24 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] I think Maria Sharapova will win. First of all she is in great shape, she feels very good in Australia. Petra Kvitova defeated Maria two times, Sharapova won one match. It was 2 years ago at WTA Memphis. Maria won in two sets. Petra Kvitova plays left-handed. Her hits are very strong, her service is her big advantage. In my opinion Maria will be difficult rival for Kvitova because she plays strongly, too. Kvitova had problems against Carla Suarez Navarro and in the second set against Errani but they aren't great players. For me Petra is without big shape so I see Sharapova's win here.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 I bet everyone on Sharapova tonight never seen Kvitova play on this event! By my thinking Kvitova will easily win this. She's in great form, totally outplayed every single girl she met so far and they all looked scared of her strenght. Kvitova just wasn't really motivated yesterday so I won't read too much in that 'tight' win against Errani. Im sure motivation will be on higher level this time and no matter how good Sharapova feels in Australia she's always struggling on serve and won't have any chance on 2nd, besides Kvitova should be much better in the rallies. Took Kvitova -1,5 games @ 1,90 with 6 pts.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 +2.72 for me last night with Murray winning comfortably whilst the Ferrer handicap was voided. Thought he would have covered it though when the third set started as he only needed a couple of games but wasn't to be. Takes my overall to +16.99 for the tournament. Good call from Dylan again last night :ok Onto the semi finals now then and all 4 matches look potential crackers. I'm still on Nadal outright so hopefully he can carry on his success against Federer and the match between Clijsters and Azarenka I simply can't call. Reasons to take both girls, as well as the unders and overs so staying well clear of that match. Am interested in the other women's semi though. Dealing with the Nadal-Fed match first. Rafael Nadal (+3.5 games) to beat Roger Federer- 5/6 Coral- (4/10) This has the potential to go all the way IMO and feel the price on Nadal is slightly too high. I'm already hoping he pulls through and makes the final but I am going to take a piece of the Spaniard on the handicap as it's a game or so higher than most bookies have it. Federer is rightly the favourite but personally I can't be having him around the 1.65 mark to beat a guy who has really owned him for a fair while now. He's hardly been tested so far in the past couple of weeks and he easily beat Del Potro which I was surprised about as I thought he may be caused some problems. It wasn't to be though and apart from that one set in which Karlovic had a set point in, he's always been comfortable at every stage in his matches. Nadal though should be right up for this and really take the game to Federer. He wasn't spectacular by any means against Berdych but to be honest, even if he went a couple of sets down which he could have done, I still would have fancied him to come back and pull through given his competitive nature. In sets 3 and 4 he was on top of Berdych for the majority and came through comfortably and with the courts playing slow, you really can't rule him out here. I don't care what talk there was about injuries with Nadal, they really haven't affected him in the slightest and although he hasn't found his top game yet, a semi final of a slam against his biggest rival may just force him to raise his game a couple of levels. We have to remember that last year, Nadal probably would have won 3 of the grand slams but for Djokovic so it's a huge myth when people talk about the Spaniard not being as good as he was. Federer on the other hand isn't quite at the level he was but is still the 3rd best player in the world but from the previous matches between these two, he never seems to do it against Nadal. Rafa has won 11 of the last 14 matches between the two which tells its own story really and I always feel whenever I watch Federer play Nadal, it's the Spaniard's to lose rather than Federer's to win. You can completely disregard that match at the o2 last year as Nadal was injured but that could easily spur Nadal on a touch more. I don't expect either guy to win 3-0 really, but as you may have guessed, think Nadal will eventually prevail. I've got the outright so just playing a touch safer with the handicap as even if Federer does win, very rarely has he covered this handicap in the past and given I expect this to be a close run thing, I'll take the handicap offered on Nadal. And the women's match. Think it's fair to say I fancy Sharapova and there's a trend in my bets :lol Maria Sharapova to beat Petra Kvitova- 5/4 Coral- (3/10) Maria Sharapova (-3.5 games) to beat Petra Kvitova- 12/5 Ladbrokes- (2/10) Maria Sharapova to Break Serve First- Evens Ladbrokes- (3/10) I personally can't call the other semi final between Clijsters and Azarenka but whoever wins out of those two, I expect them to face Sharapova in the final. In this one I would have had the prices at around 5/6 for both of them and probably still taken Sharapova to win so anything above evens is a bonus in my eyes. The Russian could have easily been in for a tough time against Makarova, fresh off the back of wins over Zvonareva and Williams but she won that one fairly easily and all week she has played some really good tennis. The only time she went off the boil a bit was when she was 3-0 up against Lisicki in the first set but from the second set onwards, she raised her game again and saw the German off. Her serve though has been particularly impressive in the tournament and isn't throwing in too many double faults which she is heavily prone to and when she serves well, she is extremely hard to break. That bodes well as she should be able to get a look in on Kvitova's serve and use her power to create chances and put the Czech under a fair bit of pressure. Kvitova still has a tendency of going missing and losing her focus a bit and although she is capable of hitting winner after spectacular winner, she can suddenly destruct and play some horrid stuff. In truth she should be beating Errani far more convincingly than she did, as the Italian really has no weapons to trouble the Czech but she made a ton of unforced errors which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about her chances in this one. Sharapova's been the far more consistent player of the two this week and with her serve and groundstrokes working well, I think she'll win this one and make up for that Wimbledon final defeat last year so I'll back the Russian and have a small punt at her winning better a little more comfortably than most think. I am backing her also to break serve first as she has been the better starter out of the two over the past couple of weeks. Her serve has looked good and as I've mentioned, she is keeping the double faults down to a minimum and her second serve has been effective. Kvitova usually takes a little bit of time to get going and Sharapova has the power to really put her under some pressure when returning. I see no real reason why the bookies favour Kvitova to break Maria's serve first given how both girls have started their matches in the tournament thus far so I'll hope Maria gets an early look on the Czech's serve.

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Tennis [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Maria Sharapova - Petra Kvitova [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Maria Sharapova -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 26/01/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Pinnacle Sports @ 3.99 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] Very interesting encounter in the ladies side of the Australian Open where the ruassian Maria Sharapova, former number one will take on lefty Petra Kvitova from the Czech Republic, future number one. This will be the 4th meeting between the two with Kvitova leading 2-1 in head to head, with a retirement from the russian in their last meeting in 2011. I see Sharapova very motivated and unlike other players like Ivanovic for example (who were number 1 WTA) the russian still brings it, reaching the quarterfinals in her first tournament of the season after beating Dulko, Hampton, Kerber, Lisicki and Makarova, so a 5-0 record to start the year. On the other side Kvitova has for sure reached another level as many players could of beaten her 3-4 years ago and now not getting even close. Unlike Sharapova, the czech is playing her 2nd tournament of the season, first at Sydney where she stopped in the semis losing to the experienced chinese player Na Li, winning the first set just to lose the next to. Here in Melbourne she beat Dushevina, Navarro, Kirilenko and Errani. I really do like Sharapova keeping the pace and aiming for that top spot and I think with just 1 set given up this far at the Australian Open, I say that she feels good here, a tournament that she won in the past (2008). I see Sharapova still competitive, the current ranking proves it and Kvitova has shown in the past that she could be inconsistant at times and against an experienced opponent like this I think she could lose. I will go even further and bet on a straight sets win for Sharapova as even though Kvitova has proven worthy, I still find her not that convincing on hardcourt outdoors. So win in straight sets by Maria Sharapova. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal over 37.5 games 8/15 skybet i think this match will be a tight match with two players knowing each others games so well also with a place in another grand slam final to aim for it will be a fascinating contest as it always is between these two great players