Flat Racing - Thu 12th Jan

RussP

6.45 Kempton With 1 NR, we have a field of 10 for this 1m, Class 4 handicap. Sunset Kitty is the fav but, to me, looks to be a weak fav judged on the run lto whilst jockey change isn't ideal. I am however staying with one of the market principles for my bet. Veroon (13/2 Paddy Power BOG) - I really like this horses' chances here. Stable is in very hot form with 3 winners from its last 6 runners and Veroon now looks attractively handicapped. Is at its best back at the C&D on the AW so has its ideal conditions today. Has raced 5 times on the AW this winter, winning 1. That was its first race off 1lb lower over this C&D before going very close off 82 (80 today) when the race wasn't run to suit. In my opinion, it was almost like a winner so provided we get a decent pace (2 possible front runners so we should be), this mark off 80 makes this one look a handicap snip. Excuses last 3 runs where 10f trip was too far here, whilst the tracks at Lingfield & Wolverhampton don't suit ideally and both times was given poor rides, sitting too far back. The longer straight here suits as our charge likes to come with a prolonged run from the back and I think with conditions in our favour, this one will go very close.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.