2plus2 campaign to blockade Pokerstars

GaF

I notice that 2plus2 players are intending to blockade pokerstars cash tables from 5pm GMT today (going forward indefinitely) by sitting out at tables and stopping games taking place - in protest at stars moving VPP attribution from dealt to weighted contributed. I wonder how big an impact they might have, and how big an impact stars will let them have (they surely have it in their powers to stop any such protest, for example, by temp banning anyone they see blocking multiple tables - e.g. maybe initially 24 hours, then 7 days for a second offence and a month for a third offence). If you can get a game, may actually be a perfect time to play, whilst all the 2+2 grinding sharks are not playing.... Thread here in which stars announced the changes: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/pokerstars-com-vip-program-ring-game-rake-changes-effective-january-1-2012-a-1145272/ Thread here in which players organised the blockade: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/mass-sitout-protest-pokerstars-2012-rake-changes-1145349/

Re: 2plus2 campaign to blockade Pokerstars There are 10 million fish who don't have the 1st idea who 2+2 are. The recreational players will simply move to new tables as stars open them. If that is too hard they will just play Stts. Stars wont give a stuff. Daleroxxu posted on his blog about the changes in the vpp system and put it well. 99% of the noise comes from 1% of the players

Re: 2plus2 campaign to blockade Pokerstars Well they seemed to be achieving their objectives, for a couple of minutes, then Stars started restricting all the sit outs to 1 table each (instead of 24) and I guess that is Game Over with victory to stars :lol Next stage looks to be all of the sharks cashing out tomorrow :hope:hope:nana:nana:nana http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/mass-cashout-protest-pokerstars-2012-rake-changes-1146994/

Re: 2plus2 campaign to blockade Pokerstars

There are 10 million fish who don't have the 1st idea who 2+2 are. The recreational players will simply move to new tables as stars open them. If that is too hard they will just play Stts. Stars wont give a stuff. Daleroxxu posted on his blog about the changes in the vpp system and put it well. 99% of the noise comes from 1% of the players
That 1% are the high rakers.

That 1% are the high rakers.
Perhaps but by the same token not all of them think the change is all bad. Plenty of posts in the 2+2 thread to that effect. There is no way anything like a mass cashout etc will work. Poker players are all individuals and as such will all cheer along with the tune until it means putting their own money on the line. In my industry the government put a new contract out to us in 2006. Loads of people said, "Don't sign, it is rubbish" Yet on April 1st 2006 most had signed. Including the most vocal of the don't sign camp. The mass sitout cost nothing so people played along. Mass cashout needs a lot, and I mean a lot of concerted effort.

Mass sitout worked at pokerstars.fr when it first opened I believe' date=' though with a smaller player pool the effects were probably more obvious[/quote'] And gave stars a chance to work out a way to counter it in future.

Re: 2plus2 campaign to blockade Pokerstars I swear people in the online bubble sometimes lose touch with reality altogether. Stars is a business not a public service. You're not an employee. They don't owe you anything. You can't walk into Currys and organise a sit in if they put the prices up. The police would (rightly) kick you out. You just don't shop there. WTF is the matter with people in poker? Always wanting something for nothing. /end rant

I swear people in the online bubble sometimes lose touch with reality altogether. Stars is a business not a public service. You're not an employee. They don't owe you anything. You can't walk into Currys and organise a sit in if they put the prices up. The police would (rightly) kick you out. You just don't shop there. WTF is the matter with people in poker? Always wanting something for nothing. /end rant
:clap:clap

I swear people in the online bubble sometimes lose touch with reality altogether. Stars is a business not a public service. You're not an employee. They don't owe you anything. You can't walk into Currys and organise a sit in if they put the prices up. The police would (rightly) kick you out. You just don't shop there. WTF is the matter with people in poker? Always wanting something for nothing. /end rant
Yes Stars are a business and thats why they should look after their customers. If you went to Currys and spent that sort of money that some Stars players rake for them then Currys would look after those customers. Surely the more you rake/more points you get the better the benefits should be.Isn't that the way to keep your best customers happy. If you raised the price of your magazine would you still expect the same amount of people to buy it especially now with all the information available online. Like everything you don't look after your most valuable customers they will go elsewhere.

Yes Stars are a business and thats why they should look after their customers. If you went to Currys and spent that sort of money that some Stars players rake for them then Currys would look after those customers. Surely the more you rake/more points you get the better the benefits should be.Isn't that the way to keep your best customers happy. If you raised the price of your magazine would you still expect the same amount of people to buy it especially now with all the information available online. Like everything you don't look after your most valuable customers they will go elsewhere.
I'm not sure this is the right place for the discussion on player value, poker ecology and so on. I'm happy to have it though. This is a good balanced recent post on the subject. http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/Don-t-Discriminate-Against-Winning-Players-Dominik-Kofert-Blog_54577/ I fundamentally disagree that those who rake the most (with other people's money) deserve the most rewards. And I think some of the parasitic rakeback pros are at best bad for the game and at worst killing it. That's not really the point I was making though. What I most object to is this striking/protesting/blockading a business. PokerStars is not a public service. Poker players are not exploited workers. To take trade union style action against it and try and sabotage its business sits very badly with me. As you rightly say, the correct response is to take your business elsewhere. But that is not what people were discussing.