EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - JAN 2012

danytz186

This is the place where you can post your European Ice Hockey Picks....NLA, SM-Liiga, EBEL, DEL, GET-Ligaen.........etc.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event HC Ambri Piotta - HC Davos
Selection HC Davos (Money Line)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.72
Reasoning I`ll take this now because I`m sure the odds will go down. The HC Davos will head to Valascia Arena to meet the HC Ambri Piotta for the 3rd time this season after winning the first two (4-1 at home, 2-1 in overtime on road). Davos is 3rd in the league, 18-5-2-10 record, 106:86 goals and on a 3-game winning streak, last time beating the EHC Biel by 3-1 at home (4 wins in last 5). They just won the Spengler Cup, beating Dinamo Riga (from Kontinental Hockey League) 3-2 in the final and I`m sure the moral will be great to continue their winning streak in the NLA. Ambri Piotta, a very modest team in recent years, and even though they showed something different this season, they are still only 10th with 8-5-6-15 and 75:102 goals (worst offense in the league). Yes they have won 4 of their last 5, yes they beat Zurich, Zug and Bern in that period, but still they are one of the weekest team on home ground (4-3-3-7, 35:44 goals). Davos has a winning streak over Ambri of 7 in a row right now and honestly I`m not sure that they will make the same play (comeback from 0-2 like in the SCB match to win it 4-3 or any other) with HCD even though they are not that convincing when on road (6-4-1-6). Win HC Davos.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - JAN 2012

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Graz 99ers - KAC
Selection over 5.5
Strength 10/10
Date 01/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.85
Reasoning Important meeting today in the austrian EBEL with the EC KAC heading to Eisstadion Graz Liebenau to take on the Graz 99ers after winning the first three (8-3, 4-3 at home and 5-4 on road). This will be important for the 9th place Graz because they want to keep this form up and end up at the end of the regular season on a spot which takes them directly in the playoff. They are now on a 2-game winning streak after shutting down Medvescak (1-0) on road and Villack (2-0) at home, mostly because of very good performance of goalie Frederic Cloutier. On the other side KAC, 4th in the league is looking to confirm their recovery after that 6-game losing streak, now following it with 5 wins in 6 games, with 3 of them being on road where they have scored an average of at least 3.3 goals per match. Through the last season to this one, in the meetings between these two teams, in the last 6, just once the total of goals wasn`t over 5.5. With the current hunger for points of Graz, who even though is modest when playing on home ice (7-0-1-8), has now won the last 2 in a row I think this could end in an over. Klagenfurt has an average of a little over 2.5 goals per game when playing on road this season while Graz has exactly 3 goals avg/game when playing at home. Counting the fact the current good form of the two teams, and that all the meetings in this season ended with over 6.5 goals at the end of the regular season, I think there is a good chance that there will be at least 6 goals here as well.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.