** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - JAN 2012

This is the place where you can post your European Ice Hockey Picks....NLA, SM-Liiga, EBEL, DEL, GET-Ligaen.........etc.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event HC Ambri Piotta - HC Davos
Selection HC Davos (Money Line)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.72
Reasoning I`ll take this now because I`m sure the odds will go down. The HC Davos will head to Valascia Arena to meet the HC Ambri Piotta for the 3rd time this season after winning the first two (4-1 at home, 2-1 in overtime on road). Davos is 3rd in the league, 18-5-2-10 record, 106:86 goals and on a 3-game winning streak, last time beating the EHC Biel by 3-1 at home (4 wins in last 5). They just won the Spengler Cup, beating Dinamo Riga (from Kontinental Hockey League) 3-2 in the final and I`m sure the moral will be great to continue their winning streak in the NLA. Ambri Piotta, a very modest team in recent years, and even though they showed something different this season, they are still only 10th with 8-5-6-15 and 75:102 goals (worst offense in the league). Yes they have won 4 of their last 5, yes they beat Zurich, Zug and Bern in that period, but still they are one of the weekest team on home ground (4-3-3-7, 35:44 goals). Davos has a winning streak over Ambri of 7 in a row right now and honestly I`m not sure that they will make the same play (comeback from 0-2 like in the SCB match to win it 4-3 or any other) with HCD even though they are not that convincing when on road (6-4-1-6). Win HC Davos.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - JAN 2012

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Graz 99ers - KAC
Selection over 5.5
Strength 10/10
Date 01/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.85
Reasoning Important meeting today in the austrian EBEL with the EC KAC heading to Eisstadion Graz Liebenau to take on the Graz 99ers after winning the first three (8-3, 4-3 at home and 5-4 on road). This will be important for the 9th place Graz because they want to keep this form up and end up at the end of the regular season on a spot which takes them directly in the playoff. They are now on a 2-game winning streak after shutting down Medvescak (1-0) on road and Villack (2-0) at home, mostly because of very good performance of goalie Frederic Cloutier. On the other side KAC, 4th in the league is looking to confirm their recovery after that 6-game losing streak, now following it with 5 wins in 6 games, with 3 of them being on road where they have scored an average of at least 3.3 goals per match. Through the last season to this one, in the meetings between these two teams, in the last 6, just once the total of goals wasn`t over 5.5. With the current hunger for points of Graz, who even though is modest when playing on home ice (7-0-1-8), has now won the last 2 in a row I think this could end in an over. Klagenfurt has an average of a little over 2.5 goals per game when playing on road this season while Graz has exactly 3 goals avg/game when playing at home. Counting the fact the current good form of the two teams, and that all the meetings in this season ended with over 6.5 goals at the end of the regular season, I think there is a good chance that there will be at least 6 goals here as well.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Thurgau - Visp
Selection Visp
Strength 10/10
Date 02/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.81
Reasoning After three wins in their last four games in the league Visp managed to move up in the table and now the team is in second place with the same points as Langenthal and one ahead of Chaux de Fonds. Visp won their last game exactly against Langenthal at home with 4:1. Their only defeat in this four games came against the leaders Lausanne (lost 3:6 as visitors). Now the team is playing against the last team in the league Thurgau and they should get three points here. Visp is the team with the smallest number of defeats away from home (just five) and the best away team at all with 28 points from sixteen games. Thurgau is showing great improvement in the last month. The team won five of their last ten games and also three of their last five home games (before that didn't had a win at their arena). But all those wins came against a teams from the bottom half of the table (The only win against a top five team from those five was againt Chaux de Fonds. Visp won seven of their last eleven away games againt Thurgau over the years and today I expect another one.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Nitra - Slovan
Selection Slovan
Strength 10/10
Date 03/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.63
Reasoning Slovan should win this one without much problems. The team is doing great recently (well, of course except that crushing 0:10 defeat against Skalica, which by the way is the only lost for the team in their last ten games). In the other nine Slovan have eight wins in regular time and one after over time. The team is currently in second place with the same number of points as the leaders Skalica. Slovan is also the second best away team in Slovakia with eleven wins in seventeen games so far. The situation for Nitra is in the opposite way. The team won only twice in their last fourteen games. Nitra is the worst home team in the division (four wins in regular time and three after over time in 17 games). The team is on the bottom of the table, way behind the others and have conceded the incredible 131 goals in 35 games. Sloan have won all three games between the two sides this season and today I expect another one.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Lndshut - Bremerhaven
Selection Over 5.5
Strength 10/10
Date 03/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.62
Reasoning I'm going with the over 5.5 goals in Bremerhaven game yet again. This kind of bets from the team have made me a lot of profit so far and I think they won't let me down again. First and second team in the table are meeting today and this means that the two best attacking teams will have to decide who will score more goals. Landshut is currently on first place in the table. The average goals scored in their games so far this season is 6.54 and the team have 16 overs and 12 unders (seven of those twelve games finished with exactly five goals scored in them). Also five of the last seven games of Landshut finished with over 5.5 goals. Bremerhaven is making over after over, especially in their last games. The average goals scored in their games is 6.93 and the team have 21 overs and just seven unders this season. Also the last nine games of Bremerhaven finished with over 5.5 goals scored in them. Seven of the last ten games between the two sides finished with over 5.5 goals, so I expect another goal fest by the two teams today.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Frolunda Indians - Linkopings
Selection Frolunda Indians -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 3.00
Reasoning Today from the swedish Elitserien I chose the match at Scandinavium Arena where the Frolunda Indians will be hosting the Linkopings. Currently Frolunda is in the playoff zone, ranking 6th with 50 points, a 12-4-6-12 record and 82:78 goals, coming from their 2nd defeat at HV71 0-4 which pushed them even deeper in this slump. For this match the Indians will have to deal without Jari Tolsa, Kahn Berg, while Sundstron and Collberg will be gone to JVM. On the other side, Linkopings, just 10th with 10-6-3-14, 62:78 goals are showing someting a little better, unlike Frolunda they have won 3 of their last 4, in the previous round beating the Vaxjo Lakers on road by 2-1OT. The only miss in this meeting for the away team will be Laumann-Ylven, while Backman plays in JVM. Two of three meetings this season went in Linkopings way, but still even though Frolunda is in a slump, they remain as the best team in the Elitserien in home games, 9-3-2-4, 51:36 goals and my oppinion is as they don`t lack that many players that they could end it here and get a win. Linkopings is the 3rd worst team when on road this season, winning just 2 times in their last 6 games played on foreign ground, so my pick will be for a clear win for the Indians who last but not least are +15 (goals) at home and Linkopings is -10 on road.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Kloten - Rapperswill
Selection Kloten -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.74
Reasoning Kloten will have no problems today against one of the outsiders Rapperswill. The top five teams in NLA are fighting for every point right now, because the difference between them is so little. Kloten for example is on fifht position, just six points behind the leader and with a game in hand. The team lost three times in their last five games, but all those defeats were in the away games. At home Kloten is playing different hockey and have twelve wins in seventeen games so far this season. Also the team won six of their last seven home games in the league. Rapperswill are on last position right now. From time to time the team is getting into good form, but just when it looks like they will climp in the table, they start losing game after game again. As visitors Rapperswill have only four wins in seventeen games and the interesting thing is that they didn't lose their last three in a row in the regular time, so now it's time. Kloten have an amazing h2h stats against this opponent over the years. The team have won the last fourteen games against Rapperswill in a row (one win after over time) and also the last eleven home games against them (ten of those eleven wins were with two or more goals difference).

Re: EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - JAN 2012 Lorenskog IK v Frisk Asker Dont know what is happening with Firsk team, they are in a slump, deefeated heavily in last outings, last two especially hard on them as thely lost it with 10-0 and 12-0, now they face one of better teams in league Lorenskog, which is way better than Rosenborg whom they lost with 10-0 last time out. I expect another trashing and this hcp is despite it is high, excellent and imo must take. Lorenskog IK -5.5@ 1.95 b365 EfB Ishockey v SonderjyskE Despite bad odds i am not fond of playing this one on puck line i find this 1.6 satysfying enough. To sum it up, Efb despite not playing badly are under the strneght of todays opponent who also won last 9 out of 10 mutual meetings. That one lost game cam good month ago and its revenge time for guests today, who are themdlevesl in great run, leading the table with only 4 losses in the season. I cant see anything but a clear away win here. SonderjyskE @ 1.60 lads

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Linkopings - AIK
Selection Linkopings -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.62
Reasoning Today in the swedish Elitserien I propose to you the match at Cloetta Center where the AIK will head to face the Linkopings HC for the 3rd time this season with both getting a piece in the first two. Linkopings is now ranked 10th in the league with 45 points, 10-6-3-15 record and 64:81 goals, that is outside the playoff zone coming from a dissapointing defeat where they didn`t get any points even though they led 2-0 (at Frolunda, 2-3 final score). In this one they will miss Backman who is with the u20 national and Andersson who is ill. AIK, 8th in the league with 48 points 12-4-4-13 record and 92:87 goals, coming from a good win against the Brynas Gavle on home ice by 5-1, extending this form where they got 3 wins in 4 games. Smith will be out with an injury while Nemeth and Nordstrom will be out for the U20 final. Even though they lost it in Frolunda, they are looking like they have passed the bad 6-game losing streak, now winning 3 of their last 2. AIK is at the moment in direct competition with Linkopings by sitting in the last place for the playoff and I`m sure the home side will be motivated to bounce back from the unfortunate loss against the Indians. They are a quality team and even though they have the weekest offense in the league on home ice, they are very efficient that`s why they have wo 9 out of 16 games. On the other side when we look to AIK on road we see modest results (even though 3rd best in the league in home games), standing penultimate at this statistic, only Frolunda having a worse record. Counting the fact that Linkopings showed very good hockey in Frolunda (even though they lost), I think with the roster almost complete as they are now have the first chance of win against AIK who are at their worst when on road. My pick in this meeting will be for the Linkopings to win it clearly (by 2 or more), just like they did in the first one at Cloetta Center against AIK (when it was 5-2).

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Aalborg Ishockey - Herning Blue Fox
Selection Aalborg Ishockey -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.87
Reasoning Today in the danish AL-Bank Ligaen the Herning Blue Fox will head to Gigantium Isarena to take on the Aalborg Ishockey for the 4th time this season after winning the first three. Two teams divided by 9 points in the standings, Herning is 3rd with 48 and Aalborg is 5th with 39 but when it comes to form things are different. Aalborg is hot at the moment, last time beating the Whitehawks by 5-1 on road, extending their good form with their 5th win in their last 7. On the other side Herning is not "feeling so well", now at their longest losing streak (3-game) after giving it up to Esbjerg, 2-5 on home ice in the previous round, with 1 win in their last 5. Looking at the injuries and misses, both teams will have troubles because of the U20 nationals with Aalborg has the canadien Dickenson while Herning will have Ostergaard, Guerin out, while Pedersen and Pisar is questionable. So with the more complete roster and with the better form, I will take the Aalborg to break the streak against Herning today. My pick will be for the Aalborg to win it cleary (by 2 or more goals).

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Alba Volan - Graz 99ers
Selection Alba Volan -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 06/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.25
Reasoning Today I propose a match from the austrian EBEL which finds the Graz 99ers on road to Ifjabb Ocskay Gábor Ice Hall to take on the Alba Volán Székesfehérvár for the 4th time this season. Despite the begining of the hungarian in the austria elite hockey league in the 2007/2008 till one season ago, the Alba Volan are showing signs of something better, knocking down the clear dominance of Graz this year by winning all three meetings so far. This is not a joke and it didn`t happend only to Graz to fall by the hands of the hungarian who are now ranked 5th in the league with decent chances for the playoff. Last time they were unlucky in Klagenfurt because they had a 2-0 and 3-1 lead but ended in losing it in overtime 3-4. On the other side Graz isn`t the revelation from two seasons ago and is now ranking just 9th, coming pumped up after winning their 3rd straight at home against the Klagenfurt, 5-3. When at home the 99ers have done modest but still good job (8-0-1-8, 53:51 goals), but when they are on road their stats go down (5-2-0-9, 37:51 goals) with one of the weekest ofense in that category, losing 2 of their last 3. The Alba Volan is on a 5-game winning streak against Graz (two last season and all three in this one) from which the last two were very clear, by 2 or more, 6-3 at home and 4-2 in Graz. My pick will be based on this recent success of Alba Volan against Graz for another win by 2 or more goals.

Re: EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - JAN 2012 Bofors IK v Tingsryds AIF HAve to follow the quality here and the h2h which clearly on home side. Bofors in cotrast to guest fighting for promotion to 1st league, while guests in releagation battle. Last h2h this season both easy wins for Bofors 4-2 and 4-1, out of last 6, 5 were won by Bofors and all with covered puck line. Imo nothing will change tomorrow as Bofors is the best home team and also their performance is way better on home ice. Clear home win here. Bofors IK -1.5 @ 1.96 pinnacle

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Alba Volan - Graz 99ers
Selection Alba Volan -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 06/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.25
Reasoning Today I propose a match from the austrian EBEL which finds the Graz 99ers on road to Ifjabb Ocskay Gábor Ice Hall to take on the Alba Volán Székesfehérvár for the 4th time this season. Despite the begining of the hungarian in the austria elite hockey league in the 2007/2008 till one season ago, the Alba Volan are showing signs of something better, knocking down the clear dominance of Graz this year by winning all three meetings so far. This is not a joke and it didn`t happend only to Graz to fall by the hands of the hungarian who are now ranked 5th in the league with decent chances for the playoff. Last time they were unlucky in Klagenfurt because they had a 2-0 and 3-1 lead but ended in losing it in overtime 3-4. On the other side Graz isn`t the revelation from two seasons ago and is now ranking just 9th, coming pumped up after winning their 3rd straight at home against the Klagenfurt, 5-3. When at home the 99ers have done modest but still good job (8-0-1-8, 53:51 goals), but when they are on road their stats go down (5-2-0-9, 37:51 goals) with one of the weekest ofense in that category, losing 2 of their last 3. The Alba Volan is on a 5-game winning streak against Graz (two last season and all three in this one) from which the last two were very clear, by 2 or more, 6-3 at home and 4-2 in Graz. My pick will be based on this recent success of Alba Volan against Graz for another win by 2 or more goals.
NEW INFO: Good news for this one as they (Alba Volan) will have recovered Gero, Orban and Munro with Johansson still missing and Csaba being a game time decision. Along with these the Alba Volan have made another aquisition, a canadian, Chad Klassen who was last time at Idaho Steeheads in the ECHL (2011/2012- 13+22=35), making his debut today with Graz who allready knows another player here, Derek Ryan (21+17=38 this season) who he played on the same line for the last 4 years at the University of Alberta team in CWUAA.

Re: EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - JAN 2012 Orebro - Malmo Going for a better team here. Sure, Malmo are underachieving heavily this season, but are also second best of these two team today. Orebro leading table and fighting for direct promotion back to 1st league. They have just aquired attacker Villanen from KHL, whil Malmo misses one of their better attackers 25 games - 20 points Umicevic. Under those circumstances i think Orebro should take it. Orebro @ 1.65 unibet

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Bremerhaven - Heilbronn
Selection Over 5.5
Strength 10/10
Date 06/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.62
Reasoning Bremerhaven is having some bad run recently. The team lost three of their last four games in the league and even didn't manage to score a single goals in the derby against Landshut three days ago. Now they are playing another really important game (this time against the second team in the table) and I'll go for over 5.5 again. Bremerhaven have now ten overs in a row. The team will be highly motivated to make up in front of their fans for the bad play in the previous game and will attack a lot. Heibronn won 6:2 against Lausitzer in the last round, but this was just their second win in their last ten games in the league. This victory is for sure a good start to a good series of matches, but today the team will have really tough away game against one of the leaders. Heilbronn have right overs in their last ten games and the team have scored at least three times in five of their last six games. Really tough game to predict an 1X2 outcome, so I'm going to take the easier bet, which is over 5.5 goals in the game. Both teams are playing really attacking and with this kind of display they concede goals really often. In the last ten games Bremerhaven and Heilbronn are second and third for conceding the most goals in the league (Bremerhaven have concede 40 goals, while Heilbronn - 42.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Slovan - Zvolen
Selection Slovan -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 06/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.96
Reasoning Slovan have lost for the second time in three games three days ago and now the team will have to get back on winning track as fast as they can. Depiste those two defeats Slovan is still leader in Slovakia and also the team in best form (eight wins in the last ten games). The team have incredible home record with 13 wins in 18 games and also Slovan have six straight wins at their arena. Today the three points are needed if the team wants to remain in top position in Slovakia. Despite they won their last two games in a row (both at home), Zvolen is not having a good run recently, losing six of their last ten games. The team is playing really bad away from home in the last games and have only two wins in their last six away games (both wins were against teams from the bottom of the table). Slovan have bad h2h games against Zvolen at home in the last years, winning only one of their last six games at this arena, but today they won't make another mistake.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Kaufbeuren - Dresden
Selection Kaufbeuren
Strength 10/10
Date 06/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.65
Reasoning Kaufbeuren in on a great run since and since the start of December have won nine of their eleven gams (lost twice against the other team in great form Schwenningen). This great form allows the team to move up to sixth place in the table and they are now just three points behind the second place team Heilbronn. Dresden in other hand is in terrible shape. They are the team in worst form in the last ten games (just two wins and one of the even came after extra time). Dresden lost their last five away games in a row and also is the worst away team in the league so far with just four wins (two after over time) in fourteen games. Kaufbeuren won both games against Dresden so far this season (2:1 at home and 1:0 as visitors) and I expect another win for them tonight.

Re: EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - JAN 2012 HC Lugano v SCL Tigers Intersting bet for good odds here. Lugano the most open team to play hockey in Switzerland, two results against some of the best teams in league 8-6 Fribourg and 5-3 agains Zug only confirm that. Today they are facing lowly Tigers whom they beat 5-2 in away game some weeks ago and their opponents are one of worst team defensively . Imo this one should go through pretty easily if something unexpected wont happen - like yesterday in Lorenskog game, which was unbelievable really. HC Lugano over 3.5 goals@ 1.75 lads HC Ambri-Piotta - EV Zug Zug the best offensive team in league, they lost big game agaisnt Lions last time with 2-1 where Lions completely stopped their forwards. Today they need to get a win to bounce back from unexpected defeat, they facr Ambri who are having bad season so far and should be much easier opponenet that Lions. I believe that esepcially Ambris defence cant cope with Zug offence while themsleves hosts posses one of worst attacks. Good odds for away win. EV Zug @ 2.04 pinnacle

Sport Ice Hockey
Event HC Dukla Jihlava - HC Most
Selection HC Dukla Jihlava -2.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 07/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 1.95
Reasoning In the 1 Liga, the 2nd ice hockey league of the Czech Republic I spotted a good one in my oppinion from the match at Horácký Stadion where the HC Dukla Jihlava will be hosting the HC Most, meeting for the 3rd time this season. Jihlava who is a team that belongs to the upper half of the table in recent years needs a break right now, although ranking 4th in the league, they have fallen into a slump, last time losing their 3rd in a row (unfortunate to win Usti right after Chomutov, the best teams in this league) at Usti, 3-7. On the other side, not much is worth saying about HC Most, new promoted team (came back to this division after a 2 year break) and is laying at the bottom of the table kind of from the begining, rounding up just 8 wins in these 36 rounds allready played. Last time they were snapping a 2-game losing streak with a win over Beroun, 4-3OT, the place where they got the majority of their points so far. Nothing more to say because it`s not worth mentioning, Jihlava is one of the best team in the league in home games, 13-0-1-3 (that means just 4 losses in 17 games played) taking on Most who is the worst team in the league in road games (and in home games) with a 1-2-1-13 record. In the previous two encounters of the season between the two not surprisingly Jihlava came on top in both situations, once by 2-0 on road and then 5-0 on home ice and in my oppinion I think that a -2.5 handicap (to win by at least 3 goals) will cover the win that they will get today. Win by 3 or more goals HC Dukla Jihlava.

Re: EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - JAN 2012 Frederikshavn White Hawks v Copenhagen Hockey This one has value written all over it. Home team might get all playrs that played in U20 champs, but they are still question mark for their jet leg problems. They have also long list of injured players, with one new injured Mathias Larsen and that will be another blow for them. Copenhagen surely not as good as home team but in current situation they could get a surprise result today, odds are worth to try it. Copenhagen Hockey reg @ 4.4 lads

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Ingolstadt ERC - Nurnberg Ice Tigers
Selection Ingolstadt ERC -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 08/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.10
Reasoning Today in the DEL, first ice hockey league in Germany the Nurnberg Ice Tigers will head to Saturn Arena to meet the Ingolstadt ERC for the 4th time this season after giving up 2 of the first 3. Ingolstadt is ranked 3rd in the league at the moment, 17-3-4-10 record and 109:91 goals coming from a loss in Iserlhorn against the Roosters, 0-2. On the other side Nurnberg who is at the bottom of the table (14th) is working on a 2-game winning streak, last time with an important win over the Adler Mannheim on home ice, 4-1 which helped Eisbaren get the leader spot. Looking at last season Nurnberg has won all the meetings against Ingolstadt but in this one just by looking at both teams run, you can`t say that 2 wins in 3 games in favor of Ingolstadt is a surprise. Ingolstadt will head home where they are 9-3-1-4, 65-47 goals, on a 5-game winning streak taking on Nurnberg who has yet to win this season here at Saturn Arena and is the 2nd worst team in road games, 3-1-2-10, 33:57 goals. I`m sure the ERC would really like playback for the 1-7 loss from their last one in Nurnberg and I think now is the chance with the form they are showing on home ice lately. When the Ingolstadt ERC won in regular time this season at home, 8 of 9 times they finished with 2 or more goals, so it is a good chance for that to happend here also. Win by 2 or more goals for Ingolstadt is my pick.

Re: EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - JAN 2012 Copenhagen Hockey v Herning Blue Fox Herning finally got their U20 players back and also it seems that both goalies will be available for them today - missed them in last five games and it showed on results heavily, even Sorenesen who played last game (U20) player is a boost for them. While home team which played against depleted Fredrikshavn last time and lost after OT will miss Phil Paquet after he was handed three match ban for tackle in Rodovre game. Herning are better team in terms of quality and are also traditionally one of title candidates in Denmark, Copenhagen on other hand the worst team in league and already 10 points behinf play off spaces with 10 rounds to go. Odds aint the best but still playable Herning Blue Fox -1 @ 2.09 pinnacle

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Copenhagen Hockey - Herning Blue Fox
Selection Herning Blue Fox -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 09/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.20
Reasoning Only meeting scheduled today from the AL-Bank Ligaen will be played at Hvidovre Isstadion where the Herning Blue Fox will head to meet the Copenhagen Hockey for the 4th time this season, leading so far the series 2-1 but yet to get a win on this arena. Looking at last few seasons Herning was domint, for example in 2010/2011 they won all 7 meetings against Copenhagen Hockey (former Hvidovre). Herning is now ranked 3rd in the league with 51 points, 16-1-1-12 record and 101:78 goals, snapped a 4-game losing streak last time at home with a win over Herlev, 3-2, the first advantage of the U20 tournament being over, which ripped them of important players. On the other side, Copenhagen is lying at the bottom of the table (9th) with just 26 points, 5-2-7-16 and 72:113, worst offense in the league, going on a 4-game losing streak, last time in Fredrikshavn where they gave it up to the Whitehawks, 3-4 in overtime. This will be only the 2nd trip for the Blue Fox in Compehangen, last time they were here they were many goals ending with a home team victory by a close 7-6. Herning has regained confidence with the win over Herlev in the last round and now they will head to face the worst team in the league in home games, Copenhagen who is 4-2-3-6, and that is worst in record, offense and defense in that category. I think this should go in Herning`s way who are 2nd best in the league in road games and counting these starts that support them in this meeting, I will pick a clear win for them. Win by 2 or more for the Herning Blue Fox.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Kalpa - Lukko
Selection Kalpa
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.55
Reasoning Kalpa is leading in SM-Liiga, with very big advantage over the second placed team Lahti (eleven points difference). The team is playing great hockey this season, especially at home, where Kalpa have only four defeats in eighteen games. Kalpa won seven of their last eight home games and today against one of the worst visitors Lukko they shouldn't have big problems. Lukko is not doing well this season. The team is on tenth position of the table with seventeen wins (six after over time) and nineteen defeats. Lukko is also one of the worst visitors in the league with just five wins (three after over time) in eighteen games. After four straight defeats in the last week the team managed to win two games in a row, but today this run will be stopped when they visit the best home team Kalpa. Kalpa is the best team in SM-Liiga so far without any question. The team is playing very good and don't allow more than one, or maximum two bad results in a row. Last season the team lost in the quarterfinals of the playoff exactly against Lukko. Kalpa won both games against this opponent so far this season (5:2 at home and 3:2 as visitors) and today I expect another three points for them.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event AIK IF - HC Linkopings
Selection AIK IF -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 3.75
Reasoning Today in the swedish Elitserien we have an interesting meeting at Hovet Arena where the AIK IF will be hosting the Linkopings. This will be the 4th one this season between the two with Linkopings leading the series 2-1 so far (Linkopings 5-2 and 3-1 at home and AIK 3-2OT at home). AIK is now ranked 10th in the league with 48 points, 12-4-4-14 record, coming from a loss, from today`s opponents, Linkopings, 1-3. Last time they were missing players like Svensson, Salmonsson, while the juniors will be back in the line-up with the gold from Canada. On the other side, Linkopings are 11th with the same amount of points (48), 11-6-3-16 record, proving once more their inconsistancy from this season, backing up a 3-1 win over AIK with a 1-2 loss against Vaxjo Lakers (at home). Hakanson is out while Backman, Figren and Hlavac are day-to-day for Linkopings. So two teams that are direct adversaries in the playoff run with two teams allready in front of them (MODO and Vaxjo), so these points will be important no matter who wins them. This one I`m going to count on the overall consistancy in results of Linkopings but mostly when on road where they are doing a weeker job then on home ice, with a 4-3-2-9 reocord and 34:45 goals, losing 2 of their last 3. AIK is stronger at Hovet, way better results then when they are on road, 8-2-1-6 record and 53:42 goals, on a 3-game winning streak, in the last two outscoring the opponents 11-3 (Frolunda and Brynas). I think AIK could use this hesitation of Linkopings on road to get a 3rd clear win today. AIK has +11 in GF-GA on home ice while Linkopings has -11 when on road, so another advantage for the home side that along with the home cround support could end up in a win by 2 more goals.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Hradec Kralove - Dukla Jihlava
Selection Hradec Kralove -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 11/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Betway @ 3.00
Reasoning Today in the 2nd ice hockey league of the Czech Republic, 1. Liga the Dukla Jihlava will head to Zimní Stadion Hradec Králové to meet the HC Hradec Kralove for the 3rd time this season after they splitted the win in the first two (HRK 5-2, JIH 3-0, both at home). Jihlava is now ranked 4th in the league with 64 points and 20-1-2-14 record, going through a difficult period where they have won only twice in their last eight, in the previous round going up to a 4-game losing streak do to a loss on home ice (where they are at their best this season) against the weekest team in the league, HC Most by 2-3, a match in which they had 3 powerplay chances and didn`t score once where we add that 2 of the 3 goals of the opponents were scored in EQ. On the other side Kralove is very close by, 5th with 60 points, 16-5-2-14 record, coming after their 2nd straight win, on road to Beroun, 2-1, 3rd one in their last 4. Looking at the statistics Hradec has done a better job on home ice so far this season where they are 9-4-1-5, 69:51 goals, ended a 2-game losing streak with a win over strong team of Olomouc by a clear 6-2 and now they will have to face Jihlava who along with the bad 4-game losing streak that they are (in the league) they are weeker on road so far, with 7-1-1-10 record and 44:54 goals, on a 2-game losing streak in which they were outscored 15-3. My guess is that this favors the home side who after 3 losses in 4 games turned it around with 3 wins in 4 facing a team that didn`t get a point in their last 4 straight. My pick in this meeting is for Hradec Kralove to win it clearly (by 2 or more) and shove Jihlava even deeper in the slump that they are in.

Re: EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - JAN 2012 Sweden Frolunda 0 @ 2.41 Pinnacle Frolunda was some time ago leader of the league, maybe a surprise leader, but in this competition it is result worth every respect. Now they are finnally complete, missing only one player and that is a blessing for them as they were hit by injuries and suspension + U20 WC. I believe this game is far more even as the odds suggest, home team are no top team while lot will depend on the performance of one of two best goalies in league Andersen, who is excellent with .934% sp and only 1.74 GA. Value here surely Denmark Odense 0 @ 2.09 Pinnacle Teams met three times this season and it was all wins for the Odense, who are IMO also in this game favourites, not because they have such a better team, but simply because AaB have lots of personel problems. Their main goalie Norbak seems to miss third game in row, they released their best scorer near december and now also Bo Nordby is out. To add to their woes also Olsen and Moler. Guests recover theri best attacler Ricci while in last game another winger Mars was back in lineup. AaB did bring in two replacements for their attack - both good, but they are still not played in the group - both still a doubt if they will perform.(Slovaks Kvit and Domic). Norway Lillehamer -2 @ 1.88 Pinnacle Fact is that there is big gap between those two teams, and past results can only confirm that fact. 4-1, 5-1, 8-0, 8,1, 6-1 all latest wins for Lillehamer team. Add to the fact home team is complete, has reliable goalie, and in form RJ Anderon (42 poinots) is back, they aquired new player Morisson. Rosenborg will miss their frist goalie Nordth is out - very reliable so Mundal who averages under .900 sp, and over 4.4 goals will start. Also importnat defender Wiig is out and also forard Volden. All points to an easy home win. - big stakes on this one -

Re: EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - JAN 2012 Sweden Skelleftea AIK -1.5 @ 2.75 PaddyPower Both teams in almost perfect condition, i reckon missings will not play major role today, still two defenders out for Linkoping might give a slight advantage to home team. Here the overall team quality should prevail and the fact Linkoping has vrey bad offend and struggles to score goals, and today they are facing the 2nd best defence in league. To emphasise how toothless Linko are in attack is the fact they scored 18 goals less than second worst attack in league - and that with two games more. Their sog / goal ratio is abysmal and they are facing Eriksson, who is simply the top goalie in league, with almost 94% SP, which is respectable as it gets. The only worry is that Linko has former NHL star Norrena in their lineup, but to be honest i did not like him when he was NHL starter. All in all, odds are really good and the quality aswell, Skeleftea also needs to win to catch Brynas on 1st place in th table.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Lulea HF - Brynas Gavle
Selection Lulea HF -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 12/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.50
Reasoning Another great odd to catch in my oppinion for today will be from the swedish Elitserien when the Brynas Gavle will travel to Coop Arena to face the Lulea HF for the 4th time this season. Previous three meetings ended very tight, two of them won by Lulea, 1-0 and 2-1OT on road and 6-5OT for Brynas again, on road. This time in my oppinion the score could be different because of some factors that favors more the home side. The two teams are very close in the standings, Brynas leader with 65 points, 18-4-3-12 record and Lulea with 62 and 15-5-7-9, so a huge difference can`t favor any team at first sight but Brynas although are 2nd best in the league on home ice (10-2-1-6), they have a 8-2-2-6 on road, losing 4 of their last 5 away games by 2 or more goals. Lulea on the other hand is doing quite the opposite, having a better record on road (8-2-2-6) they improved in the last period at home to 7-2-6-1 winning the last 3 in a row. Counting the fact that Lulea will miss only one player for this meeting, Niclas Wallin (0+3=3) while Brynas won`t be abble to use Dackell (4+4=8), Lauritzen (9+27=36), Holmqvist (91.78 sv % in 34 games), Granstrom (5+8=13) and Lof (1+0=1), I think there is a good chance that this streak of tight scores between these two teams could end today. My pick for this match is for the Lulea HF to win it clearly (by 2 or more goals) given the advantage of a more complete roster and last but not least the home croud support.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Lausitzer - Bremerhaven
Selection Over 5.5
Strength 10/10
Date 13/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.68
Reasoning Lausitzer is not doing so well in the league recently. The team have lost six of their last eight games and also four of their last five home matches. Lausitzer is on seventh place right now, but they have the worst goal difference in the whole league (82:102) and concedes a lot of goals in their games. The average goals scored in their games so far this season is 5.94 and the team have 16 overs and 15 unders. Lausitzer have also eight overs in their last ten games. After some bad results in the last games (five defeats in the last six matches) Bremerhaven finally showed their potential and won 4:3 (after extra time) in the away game against the inform Schwenningen five days ago. This win could really bring back the best from the team and Bremerhaven badly needs some good results to get back into the top three. The over that they made against Schwenningen was their twelve in a row, which is an impressive run. I really can't see a reason to stop betting on overs in their games and that's why I will do it again. The average goals scored in Bremerhaven's games is 6.87. Lausitzer started the season with a lot of unders, but now in the last ten games they have eight and the reason for that is that the team s scoring more than in the first half of the season. I wrote a lot about Bremerhaven so far. The team is making over after over and I will not stop betting on this until the end of the season (so far eleven from eleven). Five of the last six games, when Lausitzer hosts Bremerhaven, the result is over 5.5 goals.