BH's Handicap Hurdles 2012

Ok, as promised in the 2011 preview discussion i'm going to start a thread purely based around Handicap Hurdles for the new year. We have enough form now this season to get cracking and around 16 weeks left of decent racing before the summer programme kicks in. Thread Guidelines; Resorces: Racing Post, Raceform, Private Handicap. I use the Post for form reading as i'm just used to thier format, I have Raceform and use that for trends, looking at early decs and for calculating my private handicap. Raceform ratings and speed ratings are the same as the Post nowadays since they merged and only use them as a guide. My private ratings are biased in a certain way so they often completely disagree with RP Ratings. Selections: Handicap Hurdles Class 1-4 I rarely look at anything below Class 4, the odd one may stick out but find the form very unreliable at times. Novice handicaps are also something to be wary of and if i bet in these races its because its a decent quality contest and no hidden skeletons lurking about which has put me off the novice hurdle races this season. Staking: The usual rule on the PL is start with a 100pt Bank, sooner have 500 but will just scale down the bets to suit. Dont like risking more than 5% of the any bank on any race so a max 5pts will be spent on any one event. I'm not restricting the amount of selections, sometimes you can back more than one in a race and usually do. Bets: Paddy Power, Bet365, Stan James I have three betting accounts and will only use them for quoted prices, dont see the point in quoting a price you cant take just to beat it by half a point here and there as I want this to be an accurate reflection of the year. Frequency Of Selections: Variable I'm determined only to offer selections when I feel i have done enough work on the races, somedays its hard to do the races justice, somedays you cant have an opinion on a race despite trying your best, I dont need a bet everyday, I dont chase losses either. Aims: Hopefully I can add views from time to time after the races and try and pinpoint any future horses that may go into the notebook, doesnt necessarily mean they have to be backed next time out but ones that can go on and improve on their official handicap ratings in time. All we need now is the frost and snow to descend on the UK and have no racing for the next six weeks!

Re: BH's Handicap Hurdles 2012 Good luck BH, i love the big Saturday handicap hurdles myself especially for trend purposes. Will be interesting how the stables fare also as i firmly believe these races are won by a small number of trainers if you follow them especially on Saturdays

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.