New Year Poker Resolutions 2012

teaulc

Re: New Year Poker Resolutions 2012 Ok, I'll kick things off. 2011 hasn't been the best year for me, so would like to get back on track in 2012. Unfortunately, work is going to prevent a return to WSOP, but I'll try for the following goals: 1. Play at least 4 live events ($1k plus buyin) - all will have to be done through sats, and first one is in the bag (GSOP Salzburg). 2. Increase best cash in an online tourney (currently c, $6.5k). 3. Go back to the books to re-focus (I've gone back to Harrington vols. 1 and 2 in the last month, and they seem to be having a positive effect on my game). 4. Be more consistent in cashing, and turning a profit. Not going to commit to record keeping because it doesn't work for me, but want to know that I'm winning in the long run. That'll do for me :hope Going to add 1 more: 5. I won 25 tourneys in 2011 (sats count, but only if 1 prize, and more than 25 runners) - going to aim for 50 wins in 2012.

Re: New Year Poker Resolutions 2012 My main goal in 2012 is to win a package to the WSOP. I had a great time in 2010 and want to go back, I will try to sat in several ways, and tbh I do not mind so much whether if I go there through a side vent package or main event (which obviously would still be better). There's a lot of good tournaments there to play at this time. I enjoy the trips to European tournaments (Irish Winter Festival, EMOP etc) but because of a lack of time off work am not planning to try for these this year. Also, I need to start working on my game again this year. I did not do that at all in 2011 and I had a pretty bad year, at just about break even. Fred

Re: New Year Poker Resolutions 2012 2011 for me was an interesting year pokerwise for myself, didnt play as much as id like to have, (having the shop smashed up in riots didnt help and took 6 weeks of my time refitting), however i still had a decent year moneywise. Also worked a bit with Renaan and started him off with a stake to play on virgin poker and mentored him on his game. He has done well since June and has profits over $11k also he won the WPT Dublin sat for a €3500 package and is off to Dublin 4th of Jan to play the main event. Good luck mate, as promised if you make the last day ill fly over that night. This year ive promised myself more free time to play, ive already booked a break to vegas in march with a few others, and im looking to play more sats to live euro events. Im also gonig to look for more value from new skins and sites trying to take advantage of deposit bonuses etc. I failed in my 100% roi quest on virgin basically due to lack of time to play enough, im still happy with my profits there this year though :) Im going to stake/mentor a few others on virgin in the new year as seeing friends going from hardtimes with small bankrolls to winning players with very decent bankrolls is very gratifying. Heres to a successful 2012 to you all here at Punters!!! Mark

Re: New Year Poker Resolutions 2012 My Poker Related Resolutions: 1) Learn to play Poker (Texas something?) 2) Beat my boyfriend and shut him up What I've done so far: Opened an account at Pokerstars - no money in there yet Joined Punterslounge Applied to join the Pokerstars Ladies Club - not sure what that does What do you suggest I do next? Where do I find all the Poker rules? Thanks

Re: New Year Poker Resolutions 2012 2011 has probably been my most successful pokeryear so far. Won more money online and played 2 live events through online qualifiers - Betfair Live Odessa (Ukraine) and Everest Poker International Cup Live Finale in Alicante (Spain) I wish in 2012 to keep improving and enjoy playing poker. Hopefully also not only qualify but also cash from a live package for the first time :ok

Re: New Year Poker Resolutions 2012 Since coming back from my worst trip to Vegas in a long time (a disasterous WSOP & no MTT cashes) in the Summer I have taken a look at my game and experimented with a few changes that really seem to have changed my results big time - I used to be a pretty decent consistent casher (albeit lots of min-cashes) and now managed to turn that into someone who accumulates large stacks early on which enables me to then have an actual chance of winning things. I have had a great end of year with goign to Unibet Open, winning the Coral LNP and then the WPT Locked On Championship. So, my goals for the year ahead are pretty much more of the same: 1. Cash in PCA Main Event - would love to be paying you guys out who have % 2. Play the whole Unibet tour this season - hopefully by satelliting into each event 3. Satellite a WSOP package 4. Cash in WSOP - they owe me big time - I think i have now played 5 events and not cashed - :cow 5. Achieve a MVP on Punterslounge for one month - very tough oppostion and requires a lot fo of deidcation, a big cash and many mtts all in one month 6. Continue to successfully build my PLO bankroll via Virgin MTTs and cash. In 2011 I have managed to turn €10 into €1k. My goal for 2012 is to turn that into €3k as i try to move up some levels. 7. A decent cash in the Sunday million - a tournament that i play only if i manage to bink a cheeky sat qualification. 8. PL WSOP - to win one of the the tournaments. A lot to aim for and if i cacn achieve a few I will be pleased.

Re: New Year Poker Resolutions 2012 lost about a grand online last year, won about £1300 live so not particularly successfull. 2012 1 - no online poker till april 2 - withdraw all money from numerous sites (no idea how much i have in each site or what sites or even my username), add to for a 2k bankroll. 3 - play higher stakes 50 - 500 entry tournies online and max 2 games, build up to some of the big pokerstars tourneys 4 - play more home games building bankroll 5 - book poker holiday to macau and play in some decent tournies (ps anyone fancyh Macau) 6 - build a good bankroll for macau. 7 - read more, review online academies and improve game.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: New Year Poker Resolutions 2012 Finances are going to be extremely tight for me this coming year, so my aims are simple:

• Explore the micros & maybe build up something from there.
  • Bink a live seat or two from freeroll.
  • Meet more members & get more involved in the forum.
  • Above all, having fun. It's not always about the money.

Gl all & enjoy :ok

Re: New Year Poker Resolutions 2012

Finances are going to be extremely tight for me this coming year, so my aims are simple:
  • Explore the micros & maybe build up something from there.
  • Bink a live seat or two from freeroll.
  • Meet more members & get more involved in the forum.
  • Above all, having fun. It's not always about the money.

Gl all & enjoy :ok

very like the last 2 hope you will win somthing in freerolls and be back to "normal" game level