Nationality of players

Jezza

Should I entitle this thread "the scandys are all bluffing motherfcukers??" :lol. Seriously tho - scandanavian players have the best record overall at online poker (with the brits coming in 2nd place I think) and last nights play got me to thinking about how the nationality of someone affects how I read them. Playing in a 200$ buy in NL hold em cash game on ladbrokes I picked up AK on the button and just limped in with it even tho no-one else had entered the pot beforehand. The small blind folded and it was just me vs the BB. The flop comes down K 10 8 with two hearts. Of course I like this flop but there are straight and flush draws there so I am going to bet it hard. Now what happens but the BB comes out firing! He could be semibluffing the draws or indeed he could have the K as well but being in the BB he could have ANYTHING - K10/K8 are hands I am really worried about as is 108. Nevertheless I dont back down as there are so many draws out there and I have the best king and put in a pot sized raise - he calls. The turn is a blank and here he comes again firing out, although this time it is quite a, shall we say, poofy bet. Now I am sure this is a ploy just to get me to call so he gets a good price on his draws - he doesnt want me to raise to give him bad odds. Of course I could be being "played" here but I go with my initial read and do a pot size (LARGE by this point) raise again - he calls. The river is a blank for the draws - it pairs the 10 but if he did have the 10 it kills me. Now what does he do? Straight off he just moves all in for over 100 dollars (the pot by this point was 100+ as well). Oh MAN what am I gonna do now? Did he just make trips? Does he have a FH? My top pair top kicker is looking pretty shaky. However my initial read was he was on a draw and the pot has grown so large he may be bluffing at it even tho he has missed. The time bank is ticking and I have to make my decision. I have no notes on the guy to help me but I am looking for clues to help. I right click on his name as I get my first time bank beep beep you have 10 seconds to comply pish and what does it come up with? You guessed it..."linkoping". Arrrrrrrgrgghhhh they are fearless online players/annoying as fcuk and they are NOT scared to put in a big bluff. For this reason alone I decide to call as the final BEEP BEEP BEEP from ladbrokes is echoing in my ears and what does he turn over? A busted flush draw!! Yaaaaassssssssss won a nice pot and taught him a lesson. But it got me to thinking about how the nationality of a player affects the way he plays. I would prob have called him if he had been from turkey as well :lol but had he been from california I would have had to have folded knowing he had a full house :lol. Any opinions on this? Jez