Feckin maniacs

Kirkie

This just a bit of a rant but I am so fcukd off with the punters who seem to continually beat me when they have absolutely no right to be playing the hand they have that I just had to post this. I have read just finished reading the Cloutoer/McEvoy book (great read) taken on board some of the advice from this and some of the more experienced players on here and am trying to put it into practice but it does not seem to matter how well I play as these fcukers just go on anything. I have been playing for a few months now mostly $5 STT on Betfair & Partypoker and I am in profit overall but find it extremely difficult to read these fcukers. At first I thought it was just the crazy americans on PartyPoker who did it but I was playing last night on Betfair and it happened 3 times. The last tournie I played in last night I got knocked out by someone who had a K2. he went all in with a K2 so I went with him, I had AJ (big favourite) he knocked me out with a pair of 2's. I am now at the stage where I just feel like giving it up but that would be difficult given that I love playing poker. Any thoughts advice from anyone?

Re: Feckin maniacs Well, unless you had reason to believe that he was playing a bad hand (had he been doing it previously?), then I wouldn't have put myself all-in pre-flop with AJ. Because if someone goes all in preflop (and I am assuming that you aren't certain he is playing a poor hand here) then chances are they have AA KK QQ AK.

Re: Feckin maniacs Mostly of what you can read in poker books, can not be used that much on low limet tables like 5 and 10$ especially... Low limit holdem books are usefull there.. But you will find a LOT of maniacs on these 5$ table.. And you will loose often to those people, just to be really angry on your self.. Try to spot the maniacs, and then avoid playing lots of chips against them, except you have a very good hand after the flop.. But in the long run you will earn more money than them, because you play resonble.. Just my experience. For what its worth..:unsure / cains

Re: Feckin maniacs Yes I was in a tournament. I was in BB, 1 other raised, the maniac re-raised (he had been calling & raising with anything and was getting lucky) so I thought he was trying to steal. It may have been a bad play on my part and if I had got beat by a decent hand I would accept it but to get beat by a pair of 2's is crap. Normally I do not get involved unless I have a premium hand but Im just finding it extremely hard to be patient and keep my discipline at the moment.

Re: Feckin maniacs So it was a tournament. How many chips did you have, how many did he have, how many players were left? He went all in, you went all in, and went bust, so you had less chips than him? How many exactly? I'm sorry - but perhaps there's a lot more to this hand than maybe you considered. Put a bit more info up and we'll see what can be learned here. Don't get discouraged - but looks like you've already enjoyed reading a good bit of theory - so if you like the game, read some more - poker quote 'anytime you know something that your opponent doesn't, you take his money'

Re: Feckin maniacs Hi Kirkie, Yep being beaten by a "chaser" (As I like to call them :lol) is highly frustrating. You have a good hand and bet it hard - the idiot calls you all the way down and catches a miracle river card to outdraw you and take a massive pot down. VERY fcuking annoying. However the real reality is in the long run its these guys who give you your profit. As long as you have played your hand well in the sense that the majority of the money/chips went into the pot when you were a favourite then you can take satisfaction that in the long run its you that will be coming away with the money. It might not seem like that will ever happen when you are taking river after river but if you stick to your guns then trust me it will. The other factor to take into account is if these guys never called your bets/raises then you would never ever make any money. Plenty of people say they would rather play with good players who would fold and not catch miracle rivers but sorry to break the news to them - that is a ridiculous thing to say. If noone ever calls you noone ever pays you off! In the long run these bad players will be the ones paying you as they wont catch the river every time. It might not seem like that will ever happen but stick to your guns and it will. Don't let yourself "tilt" either - you must keep control and play the same good solid aggressive poker - if you cant after taking a river then go play ps2 or go to a 5cent table and raise every hand to the max :lol to help you chill out. As for the AJ V K2 hand - I think from the way you describe it you end up all in preflop? Well usually if there was a raise and a reraise before me - even in a 5 dollar tourney I would muck AJ without a seconds thought but given that you were so sure the guy was an idiot I can understand you moving in on him (I might have still been unsure about the original raiser tho - I usually muck AJ to any raise in the early stages). You were indeed a favourite but perhaps not as big as you thought - it was 65% for you and 35% for the K2. Indeed not bad and you were a favourite although you see you still stand to lose more often than 1 time in 3. Jez