Scotland > Midweek (Premier League & Cup Replay) > 22nd- 23rd November

Spooner

Re: Scotland > Midweek (Premier League & Cup Replay) > 22nd- 23rd November Not sure where the odds will go on this one, so going to play safe and hit it early... CELTIC v DUNFERMLINE: CELTIC (-2AH) @ 1.847 (4pts) - Pinnacle Time for some wise words from the great Aberdeen manager Ebbe Skovdahl: "Statistics are like mini-skirts - they give you good ideas, but hide the most important things." I'm reminded of that when I look at the vital numbers for this one, because to be fair to the Pars, they've banked 47% of their possible away points this season, including impressive wins at Dundee Utd and Hibs. Celtic, meanwhile, have stuttered on home soil; they lost to St Johnstone and drew with Hibs. And in their wins, they've been unconvincing, only covering this line in two of their Parkhead outings. Drawing a veil over those stats, I think the Pars are in for a tough time when they visit Glasgow on Wednesday night. They've taken some batterings (granted, at home), and shipped four to Rangers and Motherwell, who along with Celtic are the top teams in the SPL at present. They'll eke by and scrape a few points together at various times, but the top teams are a huge step up in class for a side that hasn't really strengthened - bar keeper Paul Gallacher - since securing promotion from the SFL in May. Since beating Rennes, Celtic have looked impressive. They're moving the ball about with more zip than before and, with Stokes in top form, look dangerous. Dunfermline struggle with pace and movement around their box, and we saw on Saturday in Inverness that the likes of Forrest, Commons, Hooper and McCourt all seem to be coming on to a game at the same time. Would expect Celtic to at the very least push this line ... but a 4-0 or 5-0 really isn't outwith the question. Good luck if you play :ok

Re: Scotland > Midweek (Premier League & Cup Replay) > 22nd- 23rd November

Not sure where the odds will go on this one, so going to play safe and hit it early... CELTIC v DUNFERMLINE: CELTIC (-2AH) @ 1.847 (4pts) - Pinnacle Time for some wise words from the great Aberdeen manager Ebbe Skovdahl: "Statistics are like mini-skirts - they give you good ideas, but hide the most important things." I'm reminded of that when I look at the vital numbers for this one, because to be fair to the Pars, they've banked 47% of their possible away points this season, including impressive wins at Dundee Utd and Hibs. Celtic, meanwhile, have stuttered on home soil; they lost to St Johnstone and drew with Hibs. And in their wins, they've been unconvincing, only covering this line in two of their Parkhead outings. Drawing a veil over those stats, I think the Pars are in for a tough time when they visit Glasgow on Wednesday night. They've taken some batterings (granted, at home), and shipped four to Rangers and Motherwell, who along with Celtic are the top teams in the SPL at present. They'll eke by and scrape a few points together at various times, but the top teams are a huge step up in class for a side that hasn't really strengthened - bar keeper Paul Gallacher - since securing promotion from the SFL in May. Since beating Rennes, Celtic have looked impressive. They're moving the ball about with more zip than before and, with Stokes in top form, look dangerous. Dunfermline struggle with pace and movement around their box, and we saw on Saturday in Inverness that the likes of Forrest, Commons, Hooper and McCourt all seem to be coming on to a game at the same time. Would expect Celtic to at the very least push this line ... but a 4-0 or 5-0 really isn't outwith the question. Good luck if you play :ok
Agree Lennox, just one thing to add which is that Saturdays results may give Celtic a shot in the arm which could see them come out all guns blazing on Wednesday night. Think I will go with Celtic team goals over 2.5 which is 1.8 with Coral.

Agree Lennox' date=' just one thing to add which is that Saturdays results may give Celtic a shot in the arm which could see them come out all guns blazing on Wednesday night. Think I will go with Celtic team goals over 2.5 which is 1.8 with Coral.[/quote'] You may want to look at the Race to 3 Goals market with William Hill, Celtic are 1.91

Agree Lennox' date=' just one thing to add which is that Saturdays results may give Celtic a shot in the arm which could see them come out all guns blazing on Wednesday night. Think I will go with Celtic team goals over 2.5 which is 1.8 with Coral.[/quote'] I cant see my beloved Pars getting anything other than a sound beating on Wed night. The Pars have several first team players out in the treatment room which is really not helping our cause of league survival. With some many missings I can see only one result and that is a Celtic win. I haven't watched Celtic lately but expect them to give our dodgy back line a tough time. A score line of 4 or 5 nil would not surprise me.

Re: Scotland > Midweek (Premier League & Cup Replay) > 22nd- 23rd November Odds have actually risen a little but that's not stopping me, save me a space on the bandwagon. - Celtic -2AH (v Dunfermline at Celtic Park) @ 1.935 with Pinnacle This match could be a long one for Jim McIntyre's Pars ... Momentum is a big thing in football and I feel Celtic have a little dose of that right now. Their 2-0 win over Caley on Saturday not only moved them closer to Rangers, but it also exorcised a few demons from last season. They go into this game in hand over their arch rivals with the chance to whittle down the Gers' lead to seven points, and I fully expect them to do so in style. I saw Dunfermline first-hand a few weeks ago at Hibs and they were pretty fortunate to win. They scored a nice goal but were extremely reclusive thereafter and invited pressure on to themselves. It was only down to poor finishing and a lack of creativity from Hibs that saved them that day. Their defence is very slow. Austin McCann, John Potter and Alex Keddie have to sit deep to avoid being turned inside out. That naturally invites pressure on to them. Celtic have strikers in Gary Hooper and the in-form Anthony Stokes who are good at spinning their markers in tight spaces and getting shots away. Add to that the threat of James Forrest on the flank - who will relish being up against McCann - and I reckon the Pars will concede quite a few. Celtic's defence is by no means bombproof either, but the shut-out at Caley will have done wonders for the confidence of Daniel Majstorovic and Co. Dunfermline will probably play one up front, and that shouldn't overly worry Neil Lennon's men. I just can't see past a convincing Celtic win here. Looks like this may turn into a public bet, but it looks a good 'un from here.

Any thoughts on Montrose getting a win vs Ayr. 2-2 on Saturday and 5/1. Tempting for an outsider!
Montrose are actually my home town team, haven't made it to any games this season as I have been busy up in Aberdeen. The only information I can give you is that Montrose play on a plastic pitch, which I think might actually help the 1st Division team who will like to play with the ball on ground more. I still have friends who go to games and say the table doesn't lie, we are in the poor position we deserve in the 3rd Division. I'm guessing we were quite lucky in the first tie but I'm only looking at statistics For these reasons I fully expect Ayr to win. But there is absolutely no value in taking them on right now. Just checked Bet365 who have them down at 8/15!! Earlier in the week ladbrokes had Ayr at 10/11. Pretty annoyed I missed out on this. So yeah maybe there is some value in picking Montrose! You never know with football. 5-1 probably is a wee but too long.

Re: Scotland > Midweek (Premier League & Cup Replay) > 22nd- 23rd November Looks like the Celtic-Dunfermline game could be a very good night for the SPL thread ... or a VERY bad night. Heartening to see lots of punters looking at the same bets. Celtic to score over 2.5 or to get to 3 first could be very shrewd finds. I'd like to think that if Celtic score 3, they'll cover the AH too. Let's hope for a good un fellas.

Re: Scotland > Midweek (Premier League & Cup Replay) > 22nd- 23rd November Can you squeeze one more on that Celtic Wagon. Im on to with FULL stakes. Firstly the line has moved to -2,-2.5 @1.90 so good work to everyone who got on the -2 @ 1.90. Was about to put my bet on then it dropped to 1.87. From what has been said and what I have read elsewhere its all Celtic. Fingers crossed a Dunfermline injured team can be on the back of a cricket score tonight at Celtic. They have been going ok in the Europa League and hopefully Lennon can get a big performance from his underachieving Celtic. Huge momentum, Huge incentive with Rangers on the weekend and they are due something big. Fingers crossed this can be it. Get a half my stake back if its just 2-0. An early goal would be very nice. Could be a nice day on here but could also be shocker and bookmakers trapping us all. Good performance rating and lots of positive talk 23/11/2011 Celtic 42.25 34.50 - 22.50 20.00 Dunfermline Athletic +22.25 Celtic -2.-2.5 @ 1.87 10/10 b365 Biggest bet for a while. Fingers crossed :hope:hope:hope COYW FTID

Re: Scotland > Midweek (Premier League & Cup Replay) > 22nd- 23rd November Does anyone know of a bookmaker that will offer card markets for the Celtic v Dunfermline game? Celtic have won 5 out of their last 10 games, in the course of all 5 victories the opponents had a player red carded. Was looking to back a red card in the match versus ICT at the weekend but couldn't find anyone offering the market. Needless to say I was kicking myself when the inevitable happened shortly before half time. The Pars will be under a lot of pressure tonight and could easily pick up bookings in defence leading to a red at some stage, would be interested to see the price.

Re: Scotland > Midweek (Premier League & Cup Replay) > 22nd- 23rd November I got a funny feeling we are all going to lose. Celtic should be out of site by now. But they do look open at the back. Dunfermline can score and odds represent that. However everything is in favour of it going 3 4 5 to Celtic. Hopefully they can deliver. Off to a good start but still very much :hope

I got a funny feeling we are all going to lose. Celtic should be out of site by now. But they do look open at the back. Dunfermline can score and odds represent that. However everything is in favour of it going 3 4 5 to Celtic. Hopefully they can deliver. Off to a good start but still very much :hope
Looks like bookies have got us :(

CELTIC v DUNFERMLINE: CELTIC (-2AH) @ 1.847 (4pts) - Pinnacle
Celtic 2-1 Dunfermline - LOSS Not a nice night for the thread. Ki missing a penalty for Celtic on the hour mark has buggered us really. Ah well, on to the weekend...

Odds have actually risen a little but that's not stopping me, save me a space on the bandwagon. - Celtic -2AH (v Dunfermline at Celtic Park) @ 1.935 with Pinnacle This match could be a long one for Jim McIntyre's Pars ... Momentum is a big thing in football and I feel Celtic have a little dose of that right now. Their 2-0 win over Caley on Saturday not only moved them closer to Rangers, but it also exorcised a few demons from last season. They go into this game in hand over their arch rivals with the chance to whittle down the Gers' lead to seven points, and I fully expect them to do so in style. I saw Dunfermline first-hand a few weeks ago at Hibs and they were pretty fortunate to win. They scored a nice goal but were extremely reclusive thereafter and invited pressure on to themselves. It was only down to poor finishing and a lack of creativity from Hibs that saved them that day. Their defence is very slow. Austin McCann, John Potter and Alex Keddie have to sit deep to avoid being turned inside out. That naturally invites pressure on to them. Celtic have strikers in Gary Hooper and the in-form Anthony Stokes who are good at spinning their markers in tight spaces and getting shots away. Add to that the threat of James Forrest on the flank - who will relish being up against McCann - and I reckon the Pars will concede quite a few. Celtic's defence is by no means bombproof either, but the shut-out at Caley will have done wonders for the confidence of Daniel Majstorovic and Co. Dunfermline will probably play one up front, and that shouldn't overly worry Neil Lennon's men. I just can't see past a convincing Celtic win here. Looks like this may turn into a public bet, but it looks a good 'un from here.
Celtic 2-1 Dunfermline - LOSS One has to feel that Ki Sung-Yeung's missed penalty was a killer for this bet. It would have made it 3-0. No excuses though, Celtic's defence still pretty weak and that late goal was fatal for the line.

Re: Scotland > Midweek (Premier League & Cup Replay) > 22nd- 23rd November Had Celtic -1 in a double with Arsenal, highly infuriating second half, it could have been 4 or 5 by half-time and our inability to score penalties is farcical. Far too casual and Dunfermline grew in confidence still being in the game in the last 20 minutes.