National Hunt/Jumps books

Howdy! I'm a big fan of Steve taplin's 2 yo books he brings out each season but I was wondering is there anything similar for national hunt!? I'm after something that has interviews with trainers that talks about how good they think a horse is and what plans they have for it!? Anybody?? Cheers

Re: National Hunt/Jumps books

Mark Howards 'One Jump Ahead' or anything by Martin Julian is what I'd recommend
I've heard both of these are good too. I ordered them in a big Amazon order but apparently they are out of stock (a positive sign I suppose) at the time and I am still waiting. Also shelled out for the Raceform jumps annual - lists all of the jumps results from last season to help me backtest some stuff. I've also bought the trainer's jumps stats book published by the Racing Post. Gives a breakdown of the race types and month by month records for each trainer, as well as other stuff not listed on their site, such as stats for first time out. Think that one was a tenner - not one for those that hate stats though as you'd expect by the title!

Re: National Hunt/Jumps books I used to buy those Steve Taplin '2 Year Olds of' books 25 years ago..........surprised they're still going ! I think that's the only thing i ever bought through the post so i guess it was him who sent my details on to Martin Julian because even tho' I never bought anything off him I still get brochures inviting me to join his various racing syndicates and clubs...........you'd think he'd give up on me after 25 years ! I find the problem with all these things is that you look at them and they're interesting..........but they don't help with punting It's just a matter of common sense..........Mark Howard might say 'Lightning' from Peter Bowen's yard is one to follow next year, but he's got no idea who he's going to be running against in any particular race. What if the ones he's running against on a saturday in february are even better ones to follow ?