NFL Wk. 9.

TazaD

Re: NFL Wk. 9. Here's my performance bets for today :- Mark Sanchez over 200.5 passing @ 1.87 Bodog Shonn Greene over 74.5 rushing @ 1.91 Hills I think there is some potential for good offensive yardage today for the Jets. They have been gearing up towards the run recently and improved on it, Greene has looked better and I would expect him to keep grounding and pounding here close to the 100 yard mark. This isn’t going to be an easy game though and they might find themselves having to pass eventually. Sanchez is far from the best QB, but even he is capable of covering this low 200.5 line against the Bills. Ryan Fitzpatrick under 235.5 passing @ 1.91 Skybet Fred Jackson over 90.5 rushing @ 1.83 Paddy Power The Jets have an excellent pass defence still despite some problems, and the Bills wont get much yardage out of their best WR Steve Johnson today with Revis Island marking him. The Bills should look to run it a lot with Jackson, who has been superb this season and is seriously sharp at the moment. The only danger here is that the Bills fall behind a bit and have to chase the game, but it should be a close contest overall and if anything they are the team more likely to be ahead. Jackson should rush over 100 yards again, and Fitzpatrick’s options through the air will be limited, his best bet might even be Jackson in that department too! All in all, 237.5 looks a bit big when facing the Jets so I’ll take his unders. LaGarrette Blount over 77.5 rushing @ 1.80 Skybet The Saints can be taken advantage on in the rushing department, Steve Jackson proved that last week. Blount is back from injury and should be fresh and raring to go here. His sheer physically and strength will see him keep pounding away and weakening the Saints defence gradually. He will get most of the carries and I expect him to push the 100 yard mark today. The danger is that the Saints get ahead early and the Bucs have to chase the game, but that’s a risk I’ll take. If they can just stay within reasonable range they wouldn’t abandon the run until late on. Jimmy Graham over 65.5 receiving @ 1.87 Bodog His huge yardage streak has ended in the last 2 weeks and he’s only obtained 54 and 39 respectively against the Colts and Rams. Both were very unusual games in many ways, this should be a more conventional match against divisional opponents, who have had major problems facing TEs this year. It seems a real weakness in the Bucs defence and I see Graham having a good day and returning to form in this one. 65.5 looks a little too low for someone who has arguably been the best TE this season so far. Michael Turner over 95.5 rushing @ 1.87 Bodog Burner Turner has looked good recently and the Falcons have rediscovered their running game. They seem more geared up for that now and Turner has ran well and impressed quite a lot. Everyone knows how poor the Colts defence is, especially against the run and he should feast here. I’m pretty sure at some stage he will have one big run of say 30-40 yards+ and that would lay the foundations for him to cover this line of 95.5. The Falcons should get ahead and stay ahead in this game so will likely run the ball even more in the 2nd half. He could push something like 120-30 yards here such is the poorness of the Colts. Frank Gore over 90.5 rushing @ 1.87 Bodog Well I’m just surprised anyone is offering his line under 100 after his recent performances. You could say he is ‘due’ a bad game, but until that happens then I would say keep backing him. The 49ers’ attack just revolves around him and they are perfectly set up for the run. Even if the Skins try and prevent this, he will probably be too good for them. Hunter will take a few carries away from Gore, but nothing significant to stop him going 100+ yards again on the ground. John Beck under 245.5 passing @ 1.83 Ladbrokes All in all I see the Skins having a torrid time in offence today and I struggle to see where they will get points from. They will probably try and start off with the run, but the 49ers should have few problems facing Torain and Helu. I don’t think it will get much better via the air either though. Moss and Cooley are still injured, Davis is a fitness doubt. They simply don’t have enough weapons in the attacking game. Beck himself is a poor QB and the 49ers defence will definitely get to him here. I’ll happily take under 245.5 I think he’s going to be in for a struggling day. Tavaris Jackson over 205.5 passing @ 1.83 Ladbrokes I know McCoy ran all over the Cowboys last weekend, but I think that was just a pure freak. They have been stopping the run in all other matches so I cant see Lynch having too much joy here. The Seahawks will be forced to look to the air, especially in the 2nd half as I expect them to be trailing and chasing the game. In Rice and Baldwin Jackson has a couple of reasonable WR options who are capable of getting yardage. In a game like this, 205.5 is a fairly low line IMO, I see Jackson throwing it a lot today. Beanie Wells over 80.5 rushing @ 1.91 Skybet This guy is one of my favourite players in the NFL and I would say he’s one of the most underrated RBs around. I watched him last week against us (Ravens) and he did a bloody job facing our excellent rush defence managing to post up 83 yards. He has ongoing knee problems, but come match time he will suit up and pound away constantly. He’s a form man this season and has the chance to fill his boots facing the Rams. With Kolb injured too, then even more reason that the Cardinals will look to run the ball. I see Wells having a 100+ game here, so a line of 80.5 seems a bit low to me.

Re: NFL Wk. 9. Lines are getting tighter so not hitting the big lines this week :lol Dallas -13.5 @ 2.18 centrebet Dallas were embarrassed on Monday night in losing to the Eagles so expect them to come out hard against Seattle. They average 280 passing yards and 115 rushing yards per game, and should do well on this Seattle defence that allows 237 passing yards and 103 rushing yards per game. Seattle averages 206 passing yards and just 78 rushing yards per game, while Dallas allows 234 passing yards and just 94 rushing yards per game. Expect Dallas' run defence to plug the holes that allowed the Eagles to run through them, as this seattle rush offence is pretty poor. As Jackson will need to air the ball more often to get their offence moving, then can see the likes of Ware putting plenty of pressure on him, and maybe getting some sacks too. Dallas look better on both sides of the ball, and with a bit of anger in them, like them to come out more hungrier and focused, especially playing this one at home. They have won their last two meetings with Seattle, 34-9 and 38-17, and like them to win by 2 TDs here Houston -13.5 @ 2.23 centrebet Houston lead their division and will be looking to win again and not slip up here as their balanced offence averages 253 passing yards and 142 rushing yards per game. With Cleveland allowing just 172 passing yards per game, expect Houston to use their run game and expose the Cleveland rush defence that allows 127 yards per game. Cleveland's offence is poor as they pass for 218 yards and run for 88 yards per game, and without their two main RBs Hillis and Hardesty, there is too much to expect that their QB McCoy can win the game for them, especially as he is up against a good Houston defence that allows just 189 passing yards and 97 rushing yards per game. Houston's offence should cause be too much for them Tennessee - Cincinnati under 41.5 @ 1.92 centrebet Tennesse averages 239 passing yards and just 69 rushing yards per game, as they struggle to move the ball on the ground, then too much pressure is put on their QB to move the ball through the air. They will find it hard to do so on this Cincinnati defence that allows just 212 passing yards and 85 rushing yards per game. Cincinnati averages 212 passing yards and 103 rushing yards per game, so their offence is not much better than Tennessee's, while the Titans allow 235 passing yards and 129 rushing yards per game, then the Benglas have the edge on defence. Tennesse have won 3 of 4 at home this year, as well as beating Cincinnati in 6 of their last 7 meetings at home, so while the Bengals look good here, the Titans have the wood on them. Taking the under as it looks to be a low scoring game New England - NY Giants over 51.5@ 1.97 pinnacleExpect NE to bounce back from their loss to Pittsburg last week and face a defence that is not as good as that one. They average 325 passing yards per game as well as another 112 yards on the ground, while he Giants defence allows 225 passing yards and 130 rushing yards per game. They have scored 35, 30 and 20 points in their 3 home games and like them to provide a strong reaction to the loss last week, as Brady passes all over this defence. On defence, NE struggles to stop the pass, allowing 323 passing yards as well as 101 rushing yards per game. The Giants do well in passing the ball, as Manning averages 288 yards per game, while the running game took a hit with Bradshaw out, and they average only 86 yards on the ground, so expect them to pass more often than not. With two very good QBs throwing the ball, hard not to see this one going over Green Bay -6.5 @ 2.04 pinnacle Green Bay off a bye should be refreshed to meet this Chargers challenge as they average 323 passing yards per game while running for another 102 yards on the ground. Though SD have a good defence has allowed just 186 passing yards and 118 rushing yards per game, they have only once faced a QB like Rogers as NE's Brady passed for 423 yards and 3 TDs on this defence as well as getting 94 yards on the ground in a 35-21 win over them.SD has the erratic Rivers who can pass well and make some big stuff ups as he avergaes 283 passing yards per game, while they run for 116 yards per game. Their running game will struggle with injury concerns of Mathews and Tolbert, and do face a very good rush defence that allows 102 yards per game. So Rivers will like to throw the ball on this GB secondary that allows 289 yards per game, but they have had 2 weeks to prepare for him, and given that Rivers has thrown 2 INTs in the last two weeks, with 11 for the season so far, like the packers to create turnovers here. Going with the more consistent side and steadier play at QB Arizona - St Louis over 42.5 @ 1.98 pinnacle Arizona averages 220 passing yards and 100 rusing yards per game but like WR Fitzgerald to have a big game on this St Louis secondary that allows 227 passing yards while RB Wells should also do well as the Rams allow 166 rushing yard per game. Arizona have scored at least 20 points in 5 of their 7 games while St Louis have allowed 21+ points in 6 of their 7 games. St Louis averages 198 passing yards and 106 rushing yards per game, and though they have some injuries on offence, they still managed to pass for 175 yards and run for another 183 yards in the 31-21 win over New Orleans. Like them to get some confidence from this game, and with Arizona allowing 278 passing yards and 113 rushing yards per game, as well as allowing 21+ points in 6 of their 7 games, then there are points here for them Record: 24-31 (+2.32)

Re: NFL Wk. 9. Indianapolis Colts Vs. Atlanta Falcons Selection: Atlanta Falcons - 8 @ 2.28 Pinnacle Stake 9/10 I'm going for the 4-3 Atlanta Falcons to continue their good form and defeat the 0-8 Indianapolis Colts when they face them at the Lucas Oil Stadium. Atlanta are coming off a bye week and should have their WR deep threat Julio Jones back for the game. Atlanta have played some decent football this year behind QB Matt Ryan and benefit from having a well balanced offense that can also run the ball with Michael Turner. Atlanta are currently on a 2 game win streak where they have beaten both Carolina and Detroit. The Falcons will look at this game as a must win if they want to secure a playoff birth in the AFC South division. Indianapolis have not been able to cope with the absence of their star QB Peyton Manning and their season is over. Last week they went down to the average Tennessee Titans 27-10 and the week before they were humiliated 62-7 by the New Orleans Saints. I think it's fair to say that team confidence and expectations are currently very low as they have not been doing anything well. Seeing how the Colts may need to replace Payton Manning in the fairly near future I wouldn't be surprised if the general managers secretly want the bad form to continue so they can secure the first round draft pick and Andrew Luck. I think Atlanta will have too much for the Colts this week too and therefore will be taking them on the handicap, good luck :hope

Re: NFL Wk. 9. NE -16AH , 3.05 bwin , 10units ( NE : NY ) : yards per game 437:373 ; yards per game allowed 424:355 ; points per game 29:25 ; points per game allowed 23:23 . Passing leaders ( NE : NY ) : TDs 18:13 , intercepted passes 8:5. Rushing leaders ( NE : NY ) : TDs 6:7. Receiving leaders ( NE : NY ) : TDs 11:7. NE got all the defeats they will get in regular season. November and December are their months and that is when they have best results each season. Today they will play against a rather poor side despite what the record is telling us. Much better QB , more serious approach , improved ( motivated ) defense on NE's team. Poor passing QB , not too good defense against passing on NY's team. I'm thinking 20+ win for the Patriots.

Re: NFL Wk. 9. Washington Redskins Vs. San Francisco 49ers Selection: San Francisco 49ers - 5 @ 2.05 William Hill Stake: 9/10 I've taken the 6-1 San Francisco 49ers on the handicap when they face the 3-4 Washington Redskins at FedEx Field. The 49ers are one of the most complete teams in the NFL and are on a 5 game win streak. QB Alex Smith has not been throwing for a lot of yards but has been able to minimize turnovers. I think the 49ers will find a lot of success on the ground with their excellent running game that is ranked 6th in the NFL in yards per carry. I'm sure RB Frank Gore will be looking forward to the match up against 21st ranked run defense of the Redskins. The best aspect however of SF's game is their defense which is giving up the fewest points per game in the NFL (15.3). The Washington Redskins are coming off a 23-0 shutout loss to the Buffalo Bills. With that being, said I struggle to see how the Redskins are going to put many points on the board when they face the 49ers. Washington have yet to establish a quality QB and will be starting John Beck in this game who only has 1 TD to his name this season. Beck's troubles are mainly a result of awful pass protection that see's the QB either hurried or sacked. Another problem for Washington is the absence of WR Santana Moss who has a broken hand and will not be playing this game. I think the offensive flaws of the Redskins will see the 49ers will make it 6 in a row and I will be backing them on the handicap, good luck :hope

Re: NFL Wk. 9. Falcons (-9.5) to beat Colts 2pts @ 5/4 Texans (-11.5) to beat Browns 1.5pts @ Evs Jets (-2) to beat Bills 1pt @ 6/4 Chiefs (-6.5) to beat Dolphins 2pts @ 11/10 and 0.5pt acca Would love to give some reasoning, but being hassled to tidy up before Dinner :eyes... women! Will try and get back on before this lot kick off, but will have some reasons with later picks

Re: NFL Wk. 9. NFL 2011-2012 Overall 13W-10L-1P +1.02 units (56.52%) Last Week 3-1 Pretty good games all around last week, Chargers were the only black mark and they really ******* blew it. Redskins +5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Really putting your life in your own hands when you bet the Redskins. But you like the early start time for the 49ers. Coming off a shut out, so they should be motivated. Also the 49ers are due for a let down moment Titans -1.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I like the for Chris Johnson to finally turn it around today Ravens/Steelers Not touching, but if i had to bet I take the Ravens +3.5

Re: NFL Wk. 9. Houston Texans Vs. Cleveland Browns Selection: Under 39.5 points @ 2.15 Pinnacle Stake: 8/10 I have bet on unders when the 3-4 Cleveland Browns face the 5-3 Houston Texans at Reliant Stadium. Both of these teams are stronger defensively than offensively and I think much will be the same today. Houston are averaging 18.1 points per game (5th in NFL) while the Browns are averaging 20 ppg (8th in NFL). I think Houston will rush the ball a lot in this game as their star WR Andre Johnson will be sidelined. RB Arian Foster will be given a lot of work as an all purpose back and this should help to take time off the clock. Cleveland have even more offensive woes as their first and second choice running backs are out of this game. I don't think the Browns will post many points at all in this game. If this is true I expect Houston to get out to an early lead then run the ball to grind the clock down for a comfortable victory. Better than evens returns for under 39.5 points seems like value to me, good luck :hope

Re: NFL Wk. 9. Pittsburgh Steelers Vs. Baltimore Ravens Selection: Pittsburgh Steelers - 4 @ 2.15 Pinnacle Stake: 9/10 I really like the 6-2 Pittsburgh Steelers in Sunday's late NFL kickoff when they face the 5-2 Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field. This is going to be a great game between two of the fiercest NFL rivals. However, I'm convinced that Pittsburgh are the in form team and that they will triumph at home in this contest. I am surprised that the odds for Pittsburgh have been rising before kickoff considering that Pittsburgh are on a 4 game win streak and have improved considerably throughout the season. The Steelers have always been associated with having a great defense but I think the offense has really been coming together as well. The Steelers have one of the best WR cores in the game (Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown) and a QB in Ben Roethlisberger who can find them. Put that together with a solid run game and Pittsburgh look like a force to be reckoned with even for the excellent Baltimore defense. I think Baltimore are being overrated in this game because they won the first clash against Pittsburgh on the opening day easily 35-7. However since then they have not improved as a team and are actually playing worse in my opinion. Joe Flacco is a real jeckel and hyde QB and his recent performance against Jacksonville was appalling. Baltimore only put 7 points up in that game and ended up losing to a very poor team. In last weeks performance they just squeaked through 30-27 against the Arizona Cardinals; a team that was easily beaten by the Steelers the week before. I think on current form the Steelers look great value at home on the handicap and I will happily back them at the odds available, good luck :hope

Re: NFL Wk. 9. PIT -10.5 , 3.40 5dimes , 10units ( PIT : BAL ) : yards per game 389:341 ; yards per game allowed 271:263 ; points per game 22:26 ; points per game allowed 17:16. Passing leaders ( PIT : BAL ) : TDs 14:8 , intercepted passes 7:6. Rushing leaders ( PIT : BAL ) : TDs 4:6. Receiving leaders ( PIT : BAL ) : TDs 6:4. Baltimore crushed Pittsburgh in week 1. Pittsburgh want to prove they are better than Baltimore now and they will be motivated to win this one as early as possible. This could be an easy win for the Steelers because Baltimore played two rather poor games in previous two weeks. They look like they are dropping their levels a bit while Pittsburgh look like a play off team right now and they are the best team at the moment alongside Green Bay and Philadelphia. Some injured players for both sides but nothing too decisive. Pittsburgh by at least 10.

Re: NFL Wk. 9.

So much for reasoning later, forgot I had poker :$ Looks like 3/4 for the early kick-offs for me Packers (-12.5) to beat Chargers 1.5pt @ 11/5 Patriots (-9.5) to beat Giants 2.5pt @ 10/11
Not quite sure how I lost the Packers bet. 21 up in the final Q, and still then just 3yds from a pick 6 to end the game :puke

Re: NFL Wk. 9. Dallas -13.5 @ 2.18 :( Houston -13.5 @ 2.23 :D Tennessee - Cincinnati under 41.5 @ 1.92 :D New England - NY Giants over 51.5 @ 1.97:( Green Bay -6.5 @ 2.04 :D Should have won by plenty. River s once again gives you the good, the bad and the ugly, while GB takes it easy when they take a big lead and nearly got themselves undone. Arizona - St Louis over 42.5 @ 1.98 :( Record: 27-34 (+2.51)

Pittsburgh Steelers Vs. Baltimore Ravens Selection: Pittsburgh Steelers - 4 @ 2.15 Pinnacle Stake: 9/10
Pittsburgh Steelers 20-23 Balitmore Ravens :@ This was a great game but I'm seriously pissed off with the ending. The Steelers are up 4 and are in long field goal range with 2 minutes to play. The play clock suddenly starts to 'malfunction' and the Steelers are called for a delay of game, pushing them out of field goal range. The Steelers then choose to punt the ball and from the ensuing drive Baltimore score the go ahead TD. Now as a TV viewer they do not show the play clock malfunctioning which makes you question how and why it stopped working. Maybe it's sour grapes on my part but this seemed to be a very strange moment at a critical part of the game. It was one of those moments when you questioned the integrity of the officiating and whether there is such a thing as 'Vegas calling in'. Anyone else watch the game, what did you think?

Re: NFL Wk. 9. Yeah, I'm a huge anti-fan of this whole "Vegas controls the World" theory... ...but I've watched it twice now, and counted to 34 both times, despite starting almost as soon as the play ended. (ie. well before, I assume, as we didn't see it, the ball was spotted)... It didn't even rate a mention other than a mumble of 'malfunction' from the commentary...Steelers all looked bewildered... Was certainly a weird one.. :unsure

Re: NFL Wk. 9. Philly -9.5 @ 2.07 pinnacle Philly has a balanced offence as QB Vick averages 269 passing yards per game while he and McCoy help a rushin offence to a league best 180 yards per game. Either way, and with two wins on the trot, they are a team in form and hard to beat. Chicago's defence allows 272 passing yards and another 115 yards on the ground, and with Chicago losing 30-11 at New Orleans (allowed 270 passing yards and 118 rushing yards) as well as a 24-13 loss at Detroit (allowed 219 passing yards and 181 rushing yards) they can struggle to stop the oppositon when playing on the road this year. Chicago's offence has been hit and miss this year as QB Cutler has 9 TDs but also 6 INTs, as they average 223 passing yards per game, and they tend to rely on Forte to get them going as he leads a rush offence that averages 109 yards per game. Phily's defence has improved as they allowed 13 points to beat Washington 20-13 (260 passing yards and just 42 rushing yards) while they also allowed just a TD in the 34-7 win over Dallas last week (allowed 203 passing yards and 85 rusing yards). Philly looke much better on offence while their defence has played well in the last two weeks, and like them ot get some stops here. Record: 27-34 (+2.51)

Re: NFL Wk. 9. Philadelphia Eagles Vs. Chicago Bears Selection: Philadelphia Eagles - 9 @ 2.10 William Hill Stake: 9/10 I've decided to bet on my team again in tonight's MNF, the mighty Philadelphia Eagles! It is indeed a cardinal sin to bet with ones heart but I've been able to snag a good price at William Hill for the 'alternative handicap' victory. The Eagles 34-7 victory over Dallas last week was very encouraging for the 'dream team' and I'm hoping that the team can come close to that performance tonight against Chicago. The Eagles have one of the most dynamic offenses in the NFL with many star playmakers (Vick, McCoy, Jackson etc.). Chicago's defense has been surprisingly suspect this year and is rated 28th in passing yards allowed. If RB LeSean McCoy can find his feet again in this game then I think the Chicago D could be in for a long night. The Bears are a decent team and it would be foolish to completely write them off. I actually rate QB Jay Cutler quite highly and his numbers have been improving now that he is getting better pass protection. RB Matt Forte has been having a good season and could find some holes in the middle of the Eagles D-Line if they continue with their wide 9 stance. Both teams need to win this game so I am hoping we are in store for quite a game tonight. With the Eagles having the crowd on their side though, I'm predicting they will soar to victory, good luck :hope

Re: NFL Wk. 9. Chicago +8 The Bears are coming off the bye here. Before the bye the offense was getting a little mkre in sync while their line was giving up less pressure. Their o line is mediocre but they're decent in run blocking and they've had success with over agressive d lined (e.g. Bucs, vikes, lions) by running at them and forcing over pursuit. The Eagles are getting back on track but i see last weeks game as a must win vs division rival where they were coming off the bye. The bears defensive front won't leave the gaping holes the cowboys did. The Bears cover 2 keeps the game in front of them forcing vick and co to nickel and dime there way down the field. The Bears reluctance to give up the big play and their physicality up front make them a tough matchup for Philly which was evident in last season's 31-26 Bears win which was 31-13 game midway through the 4th quarter.

Philadelphia Eagles Vs. Chicago Bears Selection: Philadelphia Eagles - 9 @ 2.10 William Hill Stake: 9/10
Philadelphia Eagles 24-30 Chicago Bears It was a close game but the Eagles didn't come up with the big plays when they needed too. :spank Going to be an uphill struggle for Philadelphia to make the playoffs now. :cry