** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Mongan lays into Lingfield

Just seen an interview with the jockey Ian Mongan (good jockey !) in which he said that the state of the track at Lingfield is appalling and he would advise any owners or trainers to think again if they were planning to run horses there over the winter ! I think this might cause a bit of a rumpus ! :loon

Re: Mongan lays into Lingfield From watching on telly it does appear that the horses are going into the surface more than they usually would here.........there seems to be a level of kickback that i would normally associate with Wolves. be interesting when i do my speed figs later........see if it's riding particularly slow or maybe it's something else that's causing the riders anger.......he didn't really clarify what the problem was

Re: Mongan lays into Lingfield Mongan mentioned the strong kickback and it sounds as though Moore and Hughes agree. The way the clerk of the course has come across suggests, to me at least, that they aren't going to do anything and just hope it gets better over the winter.