Where to start?

Some months ago I started to bet on horses. I maintained a small positive bankroll (due experience on football betting), but it was far from great. I really had troubles with the focus. So many races a day, so many countries, so many horses. That's the reason I quit. But now I want to start again...so I have one important question: How do you start? Do you follow a certain stable and expand? Do you bet on races from 7 furlong only? In other words; where do you start betting without being directly overwhelmed? There is so much info available, how can you possibly follow all that info? In football I just focus on 3 teams and only bet on those 3. Thanks for the responses.

Re: Where to start? If you're going to get going in the next couple of weeks it might be a good idea to concentrate on the all weather flat season over the winter Usually only one or two meetings a day and the same horses keep turning out so you've got a chance of getting to know them a bit Also the ground is usually much the same being an artificial surface so you don't get all the problems with changing going as on turf.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.