** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis 17-23 Oct

Re: Tennis 17-23 Oct So having Safarova like I said. Safarova > Kanepi. 2.10 @ Bet365 (5/10) Kanepi had very little to do against Kuznetsova who for some strange reason was hitting balls mid-court all the time and allowing Kanepi to beat her with her forehand. Still, Kuznetsova had tons of break points, only to waste the majority of those with unforced errors. Kanepi had very little to do with that win. Safarova will be completely different match-up. The Czech player can be dreadful on her day but she really loves indoor conditions. Might have a slow start as she usually does but I feel like she's got a very good chance of winning this one. Two big hitters with Safarova being more versatile.

Re: Tennis 17-23 Oct + one from Stockholm. Blake > Nieminen. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Blake looks like he's interested in tennis once more. It has not happened for years and Stockholm definitely is a special place for him. He's won this event in B2B years in 05 and 06. He beat Nieminen in the final in 06. Blake has beaten Nieminen 6 times out of 7 with the only defeat coming last year in this very same tournament. Blake did not show up winning just couple games. Having seen Jarkko play this week it's hard to imagine him surviving in-form and well motivated James Blake. Nieminen was a set and a break down against Tobias Kamke but escaped from that match. Blake will give him some chances as it's always the case with the American but overall have to feel Blake has better chance of getting a W in this match. More contistent serve and if he doesn't miss too many returns, should be good for another final appearance in Stockholm.

Re: Tennis 17-23 Oct WTA Cremlin Cup Final Kaia Kanepi to bt Dominika Cibulkova @1.901 Pinnacle Kaia did beat Dominika both time they met (Paris this year and Sydney 2008). But much more important fact is that Dominika cannot be trusted in the finals. She was three times in the WTA final (last week Linz, Montreal and Ameia Island in 2008), and twice she just collapsed in two easy sets with her 1st serve gone after the week of brilliance, and once she lasted one set that she lost in tie-break (Amelia Island 2008 vs Sharapova, lost 67 36). Kaia on the other hand already knows how to win title (won Palermo last year after having lost two finals in 2008 Tokyo vs Wozniacki and 2006 Hasselt vs Clijsters), and considering Dominika has health issues with her right leg, I cannot see past Kaia here. GL :hope

Re: Tennis 17-23 Oct

Sport Tennis
Event Janko Tipsarevic - Viktor Troicki
Selection Viktor Troicki
Strength 10/10
Date 23/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.19
Reasoning In my opinion it will be very close match so I think odd for Viktor Troicki's win is really nice. Troicki leads 1-0 in head-to-head series. What is more, he defeated Janko Tipsarevic here in Moscow, three years ago! He won in two sets! The match lasted 82 minutes and Janko had no chances. Tipsarevic is playing really good tennis this year. He won tournament in Kuala Lumpur a few weeks ago. I think he will have problems in the next match. Troicki's service is really strong. I don't see many break points for Tipsarevic. Viktor plays good in rallies, too. He played a long match in the quarterfinal against Alex Bogomolov Jr.. The match lasted 218 minutes and Troicki won after three tie-breaks! Service statistics - 23 aces, only five double faults.
Sport Tennis
Event Gael Monfils - Jarkko Nieminen
Selection Jarkko Nieminen
Strength 10/10
Date 23/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.97
Reasoning Perhaps Gael Monfils should be a favorite in this final but I think Jarkko Nieminen can beat him. Gael leads 1-0 in head-to-head series. They played in Bangkok a month ago and Monfils won in two sets but match was really close. Jarkko Nieminen is a dangerous player. He is left-handed. His service is really good. What is more he plays great in rallies. In the last match he defeated James Blake. He is in great shape. What is more, he loves play in Stockholm. He achieves good results here, every year. Monfils had health problems. In my opinion it will be tough match for him. Jarkko Nieminen looks here very well and for him is a great chance to win the title!
Sport Tennis
Event Victoria Azarenka - Monica Niculescu
Selection Monica Niculescu
Strength 5/10
Date 23/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 8.19
Reasoning Victoria Azarenka should be a favorite in this final but odd for Monica Niculescu's win is crazy! Azarenka leads 3-0 in head-to-head series. The last match they played at US Open in the last year and Azarenka won after three sets. Monica Niculescu is playing great lately so in my opinion she has the chance to beat top player. Azarenka feels tired, she played a lot of matches. She had health problems. Niculescu played in the semifinal at WTA Beijing (she won 6 matches in a row!). Here in Luxembourg she will play in the final. This is not case. She is in really good shape. It is worth to try.

Re: Tennis 17-23 Oct

WTA Cremlin Cup Final Kaia Kanepi to bt Dominika Cibulkova @1.901 Pinnacle LOSS
Kaia handed the victory to Dominika in the second set by missing an easy overhead smash on return when having advantage at 5-5 40-AD. Instead of serving for the match, she went to tie-break which she lost without wining a point on serve. Never came back again into shape :@