** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct

Late play in Liverpool V Man Utd after the line-ups announced. Think Ferguson has picked quite a defensive team, possibly with the aim of keeping it tight for 60 mins and then unleasing some of scoring talent from the bench. Expect this to be a midfield battle early on, with not much space to play. So going to play on a cagey opening period and it staying 0-0 for the first 26 mins at least. Also going to put a few euros on Draw HT/Man Utd FT, again on the basis of a tight early period, and the potential of Man Utds bench 2 pts Time of First Goal after 26th min @2.0 Paddypower 0.5 pts Draw HT/ Man Utd FT @8.4 Betfair :hope
I can really see Draw/utd here as well, its so typical of Alex ferguson's united team. Those odds look very good will follow with a small punt. however i can only get odds of around 11/2, which is a long way off 8.40 O_o.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool v Manchester United - Player To Be Carded: Lucas Leiva @ 2/1 - SkyBet Everyone is talking about backing Rooney to see a card tomorrow but I see better value in backing the much busier Lucas Leiva. He commits, on average, around two fouls per match and has seen a yellow in his last four matches in all competitions (& an International). He meets an old friend in Andre Marriner who has booked Lucas in the last three Liverpool games he took care of and will have to be extremely careful tomorrow to avoid a booking. 2/1 is backable, for me.
Nice work fella! :ok

Draw No Bet on Liverpool @ 1.93 Based completely on line-ups. Rooney and the rest on the bench, but I still like that United side to get a draw at the very best. Edit: With Betfair :)
Close. Pity 'Pool couldn't stick one of those last chances in. Push, anyway, no harm, no foul :)

Liverpool v Manchester United - Player To Be Carded: Lucas Leiva @ 2/1 - SkyBet Everyone is talking about backing Rooney to see a card tomorrow but I see better value in backing the much busier Lucas Leiva. He commits, on average, around two fouls per match and has seen a yellow in his last four matches in all competitions (& an International). He meets an old friend in Andre Marriner who has booked Lucas in the last three Liverpool games he took care of and will have to be extremely careful tomorrow to avoid a booking. 2/1 is backable, for me.
Good call :notworthy

Late play in Liverpool V Man Utd after the line-ups announced. Think Ferguson has picked quite a defensive team, possibly with the aim of keeping it tight for 60 mins and then unleasing some of scoring talent from the bench. Expect this to be a midfield battle early on, with not much space to play. So going to play on a cagey opening period and it staying 0-0 for the first 26 mins at least. Also going to put a few euros on Draw HT/Man Utd FT, again on the basis of a tight early period, and the potential of Man Utds bench 2 pts Time of First Goal after 26th min @2.0 Paddypower 0.5 pts Draw HT/ Man Utd FT @8.4 Betfair :hope
Went pretty much as expected, only really catching fire as it opened up after 60 mins. Main bet won. +1.5pts :cigar

Chelsea - Everton In the last 10 games against Everton (including FA Cup games) Chelsea won only twice and 5 games ended in a draw. Moreover, both teams scored in last 6 out of 7 games and as we saw this season Chelsea do concede goals at home. Both to Score @ 2.00 (3 units) William Hill Draw @ 5.00 (1 unit) Bet365
Main bet won. Nice profit :beer

Wigan Vs. Bolton Correct Score: 0-3 @ 50/1 £4 SBOBET 0-4 @ 180/1 £1 SBOBET Here is a cheeky £5 wager I have made on a game that hasn't seen much attention yet in the premiership forum. It features two struggling sides in what could be considered an early season 6 pointer. The game has been priced by the bookies as a closely fought, either team can win it contest. However, I think there is a possibility of Bolton really giving Wigan a thumping here. Bolton were much the better team last season and I have a lot of faith in their manager Owen Coyle. While Bolton are on a dismal run in the Premiership I think the stats are a bit misleading. Bolton who are on the foot of the table with 3 points have had the hardest starting schedule of any Premiership club. 5 of their 6 losses this season have come against: Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool. There other loss being a 2-1 loss to Norwich where they had Klasnic wrongly dismissed IMO. With the likes of Klasnic returning from his suspension, Juski coming back from injury, and Kakuta being now eligible I think Bolton will really be raring for a win to kick start their season. Wigan are a team that have been well organised by Roberto Martinez. However their play is usually that of being the spoiler against the bigger clubs. Against Bolton at home I think the fans will expect a more attacking style of play. I just don't think Wigan have the same firepower as Bolton with N'Zogbia being sold in the summer and Rodallega being injured. France Di Santo has been the Lactics main attacking threat but TBH it seems most of his goals have been deflected shots from outside of the box. The price on Bolton seems to be dropping so I have decided to go for a high risk strategy of backing a big away result on Bolton. I will probably also back Bolton DNB before the prices drop anymore. Anyways here’s me hoping Bolton can upset the odds with a big away win. :moon :lol
Close but no cigar. :lol The Wigan goal by Diame was quality but their defense was atrocious!

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Arsenal - Sunderland Arsenal has a good record against Sunderland and in the last 10 games between these two sides Arsenal won 5, Sunderland 1 and 4 games ended in a draw. Sunderland are missing several important players including goalkeeper Gordon and Gyan up front. Bendtner is injured but he would have missed this game anyway since he is on loan from Arsenal. __________________________ Newcastle - Tottenham Both teams play open football and when looking at head to head stats between thee two sides I have noted that Both to Score bet won in 8 out of 10 last games between these two sides. Double: Arsenal & Newcastle - Tottenham: Both to Score @ 2.33 (3 units) William Hill

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct West Brom v Wolves Booking points: Over 45 (7.4 with Victor Chandler) Struggling to call the 1 X 2 so going for the bookings market. With it being a derby match with both teams desperate not to lose I can see a few tasty tackles flying in. Over 45 points seems fair with the likes of Mulmbu and Henry on the pitch (both relatively high in the 'fouls committed' table so far this season.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Liverpool - Man Utd over 2.5 @ 1.94 :( Got both teams scoring but then De Gea pulls off a couple of top class saves to deny Liverpool and the over Man City - Aston Villa under 2.5 @ 2.23 :( City too good Stoke @ 2.38 :D Chelsea -1.5 @ 2.23 :D Season record: 30-40 (+11.07) West Brom - Wolves over 2.5 @ 2.05 pinnacle Both teams will see this as a game they need to win given that they both have some tough games coming up and need to move away from the bottom part of the ladder. Both West Brom and Wolves have just two clean sheets in their 7 games to date and while scoring has been a problem for the, this being a derby, there is extra incentive for goals to be scored and the game to be won. They both scored in both of their meetings last year and given the form of their defences, then like this to concede again here, as well as both teams to search for the winner Arsenal - Sunderland under 2.5 @ 2.22 pinnacle Arsenal have started to get some form again especially at home where they have won their last two games, but it is the fact that they have not conceded in these two games which has helped them to gain these wins, while on the road it has been a different story. They have not conceded in 9 of their last 13 home games so they are always are going to be tough to beat at home when teams find it hard to score there. With no Bendtner available for Sunderland, they will have even more trouble to break down this defence given that they do not tend to score much on the road. Sunderland will be more concerned though at ensuring that their midfield is packed and that the service into van Persie is limited as he has been in good form of late. They have a decent backline and with O'Shea and Brown there, they will be primed for this game given that when they were with Man Utd, they were involved with some heated clashes with Arsenal. Sunderland have a good record against Arsenal in recent years with 1 win and 4 draws in 7 matches, with each of these games going under. Can see another low scoring game here. Tottenham @ 2.60 pinnacle Both teams have made good starts to the season, and with Newcastle unbeaten they will be hard to beat at home. Where they started the season off with clean sheets in 3 of their first 4 games, that was at the expense of the attack where they scored just 3 goals in these games, but in their last 3 games, they have not had a clean sheet but have scored 9 goals in these 3 games. But they face their toughest opponent here as Spurs have won 4 straight games and have scored at least two goals in each of them, scoring 10 goals and conceding just 2 goals with 2 clean sheets. Their midfield is on par with the best in the league, as the likes of Bale, Modric, Parker and Lennon have pace and movement with and without the ball are a feature of this side. Like them to dominate here in the middle of the park, and give Newcastle their first loss of the season.

Arsenal - Sunderland Arsenal has a good record against Sunderland and in the last 10 games between these two sides Arsenal won 5, Sunderland 1 and 4 games ended in a draw. Sunderland are missing several important players including goalkeeper Gordon and Gyan up front. Bendtner is injured but he would have missed this game anyway since he is on loan from Arsenal. __________________________ Newcastle - Tottenham Both teams play open football and when looking at head to head stats between thee two sides I have noted that Both to Score bet won in 8 out of 10 last games between these two sides. Double: Arsenal & Newcastle - Tottenham: Both to Score @ 2.33 (3 units) William Hill
I think the Arsenal portion of your bet is nailed on, man. Didn't realise Bendtner was missing until I saw the line-ups :wall and especially after seeing their performance at Norwich, I can't see them giving Arsenal any problems. Imagine Sessengnon is in for a lonely afternoon. And they're already winning after a minute :)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Event Newcastle - Tottenham Selection Draw Strength 10/10 Date 16/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 3.30 Reasoning Ok maybe a little bit of suprising is that Newcastle is sitting in fourth place in the Premier League ahead of Tottenham and Liverpool.They are one of only four unbeaten clubs in the Premier League. In fact, this is Newcastles best start to a Premier League season since 1994 and i think they will remain unbeaten.Tottenham is a beast they are coming at St James's Park with 4 victories in a row but i dont think that they will brake St James's Park hoodoo, as they have not won in their last five Premier League matches away at Newcastle.The Spurs have some problems with the squad Sandro Niko Kranjcar Vedran Corluka Emmanuel Adebayor and Aaron Lennon are doubtful and in recent weeks Modric wasted alot playing for Croatia.I think this is gonna be a hard match,tough fight.My choice is draw.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Newcastle United Vs. Tottenham Hotspurs Selection: Tottenham Hotspurs DNB @ 1.86 Pinnacle Stake: 7/10 Not too much more to be said about this fixture that hasn't already been said on the forums. However, I wanted to take this line last night but hesitated as the price on Tottenham was down to around 1.77. When checking on the odds again a moment ago I was pleasantly surprised to see that the line had shifted back offering better value on the away win DNB. I feel this is the type of game Tottenham will be expecting to win if they are going to finish again in the top 6 this season. While it could be argued that the international break may have more of a negative impact on the Tottenham squad I still feel they have the strength and depth to cope. I am hopefully that Adebayor does get the nod to play but even without him I think Spurs have the firepower to grab a couple goals. Newcastle has played well this season especially in defense. Demba Ba is also currently on fire for them up front and this is no doubt a tough game for both sides. For me though Tottenham just have that added bit of quality so I am happy to back them with the cover for a draw. Good luck :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Spurs Draw No Bet @ 1.80 (888sport) Decided to have a go at Spurs. Like I said earlier, I think Newcastle are due a defeat and poor performance and hopefully it'll come today. Spurs in great form winning their last four, and more than capable of breaking their St James' hoodoo.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Bit of food for thought here on the Newcastle - Tottenham game... Ref Lee Probert (although looking incredibly lenient in the first half not booking Taylor for the penalty) has issued his last 19 cards in the second half, at quite a high rate per game too... AEK Athens v Sturm Graz - 6 yellows and a red, all second half Brighton v Leeds - 10 yellows, all second half Stoke v Tottenham - 2 yellows, both second half Sunderland v Chelsea - 2 yellows, one in each half. Now is this co-incidence or could we have a nice earner on the cards here? Sporting Index offering buy on bookings at 28 now. Think i'll take it. :hope

Arsenal - Sunderland Arsenal has a good record against Sunderland and in the last 10 games between these two sides Arsenal won 5, Sunderland 1 and 4 games ended in a draw. Sunderland are missing several important players including goalkeeper Gordon and Gyan up front. Bendtner is injured but he would have missed this game anyway since he is on loan from Arsenal. __________________________ Newcastle - Tottenham Both teams play open football and when looking at head to head stats between thee two sides I have noted that Both to Score bet won in 8 out of 10 last games between these two sides. Double: Arsenal & Newcastle - Tottenham: Both to Score @ 2.33 (3 units) William Hill
Profitable weekend :beer

Spurs Draw No Bet @ 1.80 (888sport) Decided to have a go at Spurs. Like I said earlier, I think Newcastle are due a defeat and poor performance and hopefully it'll come today. Spurs in great form winning their last four, and more than capable of breaking their St James' hoodoo.
Happy with the push in the end, as Coloccini really should of scored. If I'd layed Man United and Newcastle instead of opposing both with DNB's would of returned my stake. Lessons learned :)

Bit of food for thought here on the Newcastle - Tottenham game... Ref Lee Probert (although looking incredibly lenient in the first half not booking Taylor for the penalty) has issued his last 19 cards in the second half, at quite a high rate per game too... AEK Athens v Sturm Graz - 6 yellows and a red, all second half Brighton v Leeds - 10 yellows, all second half Stoke v Tottenham - 2 yellows, both second half Sunderland v Chelsea - 2 yellows, one in each half. Now is this co-incidence or could we have a nice earner on the cards here? Sporting Index offering buy on bookings at 28 now. Think i'll take it. :hope
Good shout young man ...followed you to a nice profit..:ok cheers bud..

I was also considering few goals in Man City game, as I expect Aston Villa to come and defend, but it is dangerous considering city's attacking abilities. The home side holds a fantastic recent h2h record 10-1-2, taking into consideration only Premiership matches. They have nearly a full strength team to choose from and I think Nasri, Silva and Aguero will be a constant threat to the visitors. Villa backline, with Dunne and Collins, does not look the most solid in the league. Shay given will have a point to prove at his former club, but I just can't see McLeish's men getting anything here. And if they play to win, they will be punished. My selections: Man City -1ah @1.58 10/10pts Man City goals >2.5 @2.37 6/10 pts Man City goals >5.5 @23 0.5/10 pts all bet365
a convincing home victory, and a profit for me
Arsenal (-1.5) @2.2 8/10 pts with bet365 I think that Arsenal plays better than the results suggest, and here we will be out to meet a team that has struggled so far this season. Despite key players leaving the club, and some important guys out injured (Sagna, Wilshere, Koscielny) I still think that Arsenal has much more quality in the ranks. We played quite well against Tottenham and were a bit unlucky to loose the game. The morale is not bad, players and the coach strongly believe they can turn their fortune and go back to winning ways, and I'd also like to stress we do not have a bad record at home this season - 5 wins out of 6, the only loss coming against Liverpool after a red card and an own goal. Also h2h record is quite ok - 7-3-1 in recent years. At Sunderland, Bruce still has a lot to work on, after seeing his camp change significantly in the summer. I think the Gunners will prove too much for them on Sunday. cheers
2-1 it finished, bet lost. I think I need to be more careful with betting on Arsenal on handicaps:)
Liverpool - Man Utd Tough fixture awaits Ferguson's men, when they travel to Liverpool, to a place where they lost last 3 h2hs. What's worse, United's defence does not look so solid anymore. They conceded 16 shots against Chelsea at home, if memory serves well, conceded 1 against Stoke and 3 against Basel. Last game against Norwich - they let their visitors create many goalscoring opportunities and were lucky not to concede. Of course they have a lot of potential in attack, but so has Liverpool. Carroll finally scored his 1st of the season, Suarez is also a quality player, and midfield with the likes of Adam, Henderson, Gerrard or Kuyt will be hard to break. It may be a long shot but I believe Liverpool will not loose here. My selections: Liverpool (0 ah) @2.1 8/10 pts Liverpool to score >2.5 @6 2/10 pts Suarez to score 1st @ (unknown yet) 0.5/10 pts all bet365
a push on the main bet, and a loss on the other. I think Man United were lucky to get a point here overall, a tiny profit for the weekend, looking for the next one!

Just thought i'd give my opinion on the Spurs game. I'm not sure what it is but we always seem to be poor at St James' Park, you have to go back to August 2004 to find the last time we won there in the PL, thanks to a wonder strike from Timothee Atouba. Anyway, i can definatly see value in a draw, as much as i'd hope we will win, i personally didnt think we were very good against Arsenal. In the first half we sat back too much, didnt see much of the ball and proberbly didnt deserve our half time lead. Although saying that i was impressed with the way we went at Arsenal after they got the equaliser and from there on we were the better side, Bale's pace caused the gunners alot of trouble towards the end when they were tiring and after his excellent performance mid-week i expect him to be the star for us on Saturday, I watched Newcastle at QPR a few weeks back now and SWP seemed to find alot of space out wide so i am hoping that is the case for Bale this weekend. Newcastle have obviously started the season strongly and I do expect Ba and Best to cause our defence some problems, particularly in the air, though King will be playing after a fortnight off. I can sense this being a really good game with all 3 results more than possible, in my view it will end up being a score draw but i hope we manage to nick it :hope Gonna have 2 scorecasts as i can never back my own team properly Gareth Bale 1st Goalscorer & 2-1 Spurs @ 65/1 Gareth Bale 1st Goalscorer & 1-1 @ 60/1 GL to all :ok
Scorecasts didnt come in but was right about the result. Felt there was something missing from the team yesturday, and although i'd say we were the better side ( i would though being a spurs fan ;) ) we never totally dominated. Defoe took his goal well but felt that he got greedy with his 2nd chance late on when he could have sqaured it to gift somebody an open goal. Bale was surprisingly quiet, and King going off early was a big blow, i knew we'd concede after that!
Simply cant see how this is bet of the weekend? remember you can only be as good as your last game and for QPR that was a 6-0 thrashing against Fulham who failed to beat Blackburn at home a couple of weeks earlier... Personally i cant see QPR being much ahead of Blackburn in the table come next May. I really dont know who's going to get there goals, they have played 3 home games scoring 1 goal and even that was courtesy of Richard Dunne..... Campbell? maybe if he gets a game... Bothroyd? has he even scored once yet?... and as for Taarabt he simply hasnt performed because he's acting like the spoilt brat he was at Spurs. Blackburn need to get rid of Kean and get someone in who will keep them in the PL for next season and then look to develop from there. For me Blackburn have actually got a decent core of players in Robinson, Samba, Dann, Pederson, Hoilett, Goodwillie and Yakubu etc but apart from that they look soo weak, plenty of players that arnt good enough for PL football. Current price for Blackburn +0.5 is 2.05 @ Bet365, looks alot kinder than the 1.83 you can get on a home win....
QPR only managed the 1 goal again. Definatly should have put my money where my mouth was on Blackburn.....

Liverpool 0 (AH) @ 2.19 (188Bet) Agree with the Liverpool backers here. I looked at Man United's away record to top sides (Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, didn't include Man City as they only lately became a top side) in the last four/five years and it ain't great. They've lost a lot more games than they've won, including the last three in a row to Liverpool, who naturally raise their game for this fixture. I know United are quality this season, and I fully expect them to win the league, but it doesn't change the fact that they struggle in these sort of games away from home more than the odds suggest. Looking at the historical trend, I would price the sides equally; I don't think they deserve to be favourites. The specific circumstances of the match have already been covered, and I do fancy Suarez to cause problems for whoever plays at the back for United. Both teams have the quality to win the game- obviously- but the value is with Liverpool IMO. Man City -1 (AH) @ 1.5 (Bet365) There is a much bigger gap between the teams at the top and the rest this season, both in terms of quality and points gained compared to this time last season. United, City and Chelsea have all spent a lot of money on good players, and I think the fact that players had the summer off has also made a lot of difference to the performances of the top sides. I think the gap will be evident here, with City already having shown they are a lot less likely to struggle to beat defensive sides at home compared to last season. Their defence has been strong, I read that 70% of their last 20 league home games have ended in a clean sheet, and Nasri, Aguero, Dzeko and most importantly Silva have the quality to break Villa down. Villa have started the season decently but haven't really faced anyone that special yet.
1 win and a push. Haven't seen any of Saturday's games, was up in Newcastle for Spurs the whole weekend, but by what I've read in the papers I'm pleased with both bets.