** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct

Just to add to the Chelsea v Everton match I agree with the Both to score bet and should, logically, go with the odds on offer for the draw! Again H2H is the leading light here but Chelsea seem quite agreeable when a team attacks them to conceding! In Cahill, Everton have a player that is capable of getting a goal from any set piece situation. I will be taking the chance on Both to score as, apart from what as already been said, as form this season suggests that any team going to the Bridge is capable of getting a goal and Chelsea going forward will get at least a goal, most probably more!
Really? Did you watch Man City - Everton? Everton sat back and played for a draw and didn't really look like scoring and only fell to two late goals. They're usually well organised under Moyes and very solid at the back. I can see this being a repeat of the game at Eastlands. Selling on total goals at 2.9 at Sporting Index is quite tempting...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Chelsea - Everton In the last 10 games against Everton (including FA Cup games) Chelsea won only twice and 5 games ended in a draw. Moreover, both teams scored in last 6 out of 7 games and as we saw this season Chelsea do concede goals at home. Both to Score @ 2.00 (3 units) William Hill Draw @ 5.00 (1 unit) Bet365

Really? Did you watch Man City - Everton? Everton sat back and played for a draw and didn't really look like scoring and only fell to two late goals. They're usually well organised under Moyes and very solid at the back. I can see this being a repeat of the game at Eastlands. Selling on total goals at 2.9 at Sporting Index is quite tempting...
I can see your point mate but I take matches on individual merits, Everton are not an exception at the moment in going to Eastlands and playing for a tight draw, showing little ambition maybe hoping to nick a goal from a set piece. The game at Chelsea is different though as there is a feeling from most teams going to the Bridge that they can at least show ambition and get a goal, possibly a draw as shown by the ambition Norwich showed earlier this season. The H2H record also points to Everton getting on the score sheet, remember although Chelsea may have changed manager, David Moyes has been at Everton for a long time now and oversaw the Everton sides which have gained points and goals at Chelsea. Much of the Everton team has remained the same also, the likes of Cahill, as mentioned in the earlier post, can get a goal from any set piece situation. Leighton Baines is also worth a mention because he has quality in his deliveries, he has also got a mean free kick on him so another bet to consider could be Baines anytime goal @ 13-2 (coral) I think the Value is to oppose Chelsea and also for Everton to play their part in an entertaining match. Maybe I am reading to much into H2H results at the Bridge but it could also be possible for Moyes to have the vodoo sign over Chelsea and be tactically astute enough to consistantly get something out of these games. Il think on! :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Just thought i'd give my opinion on the Spurs game. I'm not sure what it is but we always seem to be poor at St James' Park, you have to go back to August 2004 to find the last time we won there in the PL, thanks to a wonder strike from Timothee Atouba. Anyway, i can definatly see value in a draw, as much as i'd hope we will win, i personally didnt think we were very good against Arsenal. In the first half we sat back too much, didnt see much of the ball and proberbly didnt deserve our half time lead. Although saying that i was impressed with the way we went at Arsenal after they got the equaliser and from there on we were the better side, Bale's pace caused the gunners alot of trouble towards the end when they were tiring and after his excellent performance mid-week i expect him to be the star for us on Saturday, I watched Newcastle at QPR a few weeks back now and SWP seemed to find alot of space out wide so i am hoping that is the case for Bale this weekend. Newcastle have obviously started the season strongly and I do expect Ba and Best to cause our defence some problems, particularly in the air, though King will be playing after a fortnight off. I can sense this being a really good game with all 3 results more than possible, in my view it will end up being a score draw but i hope we manage to nick it :hope Gonna have 2 scorecasts as i can never back my own team properly Gareth Bale 1st Goalscorer & 2-1 Spurs @ 65/1 Gareth Bale 1st Goalscorer & 1-1 @ 60/1 GL to all :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Gotta say, the standout for me are Spurs. Newcastle yet to lose, but surely their form has to come to an end soon? Spurs in form right now, and I think I'll be on the Draw No Bet/Asian Handicap, which is around 1.85.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Liverpool v Man United I'll be going for what I think is the value in this game as I feel the odds should be a little more even than they are currently. After a blistering start United have put on the brakes slightly recntly, drawing against Stoke and Basle then overcoming a stubborn Norwich side at Old Trafford in their last league game. Last season there was serious doubts over their away record in the league and I don't think they have done anything this season to suggest they are much improved away from home, squeezing past West Brom, drawing at Stoke, though they did give a struggling Bolton side a bit of a hammering. Liverpool have been solid if unspectacular this season, however they have had a lot of success recently in this fixture, winning the last 3 at Anfield. Vidic is back, which looks like a boost to United however his temperemant in this game has to be questioned as he's been red carded three times against Liverpool in recent times. The home side will also look to get at Wayne Rooney who is bound to get a frosty reception from the Anfield home support. For me, the value lies with the home side. Selection: Liverpool DNB @ 2.2 with Betfair - 3 units Stoke v Fulham Not a great deal to add about this fixture. Stoke are very solid at home so far this season (5 points out of 9 from games against Chelsea, United and L'pool) and ever since they entered the EPL. Fulham have one point out of nine so far this season on the road and poor away form was one of the features of their season last year. Anything above evens on the home side I think is value here so I'm more than happy to take the 5/4 generally. Selection: Stoke win @ 2.2 with Bet365 - 3 units

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Liverpool 0 (AH) @ 2.19 (188Bet) Agree with the Liverpool backers here. I looked at Man United's away record to top sides (Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, didn't include Man City as they only lately became a top side) in the last four/five years and it ain't great. They've lost a lot more games than they've won, including the last three in a row to Liverpool, who naturally raise their game for this fixture. I know United are quality this season, and I fully expect them to win the league, but it doesn't change the fact that they struggle in these sort of games away from home more than the odds suggest. Looking at the historical trend, I would price the sides equally; I don't think they deserve to be favourites. The specific circumstances of the match have already been covered, and I do fancy Suarez to cause problems for whoever plays at the back for United. Both teams have the quality to win the game- obviously- but the value is with Liverpool IMO. Man City -1 (AH) @ 1.5 (Bet365) There is a much bigger gap between the teams at the top and the rest this season, both in terms of quality and points gained compared to this time last season. United, City and Chelsea have all spent a lot of money on good players, and I think the fact that players had the summer off has also made a lot of difference to the performances of the top sides. I think the gap will be evident here, with City already having shown they are a lot less likely to struggle to beat defensive sides at home compared to last season. Their defence has been strong, I read that 70% of their last 20 league home games have ended in a clean sheet, and Nasri, Aguero, Dzeko and most importantly Silva have the quality to break Villa down. Villa have started the season decently but haven't really faced anyone that special yet.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Liverpool - Man Utd Referee is said to be Andre Marriner who took charge of this fixture on Oct 25 2009 issuing 2 red cards & 5 yellows including Evra, Vidic & Carragher....with those three plus the likes of Lucas, Adam, Rooney, Anderson, Gerrard, Skrtel & Bellamey all likely cards when tha atmosphere hots up, it might be worth having a look at Sporting Index's booking market for a buy @ 64 :ok

I was also considering few goals in Man City game, as I expect Aston Villa to come and defend, but it is dangerous considering city's attacking abilities. The home side holds a fantastic recent h2h record 10-1-2, taking into consideration only Premiership matches. They have nearly a full strength team to choose from and I think Nasri, Silva and Aguero will be a constant threat to the visitors. Villa backline, with Dunne and Collins, does not look the most solid in the league. Shay given will have a point to prove at his former club, but I just can't see McLeish's men getting anything here. And if they play to win, they will be punished. My selections: Man City -1ah @1.58 10/10pts Man City goals >2.5 @2.37 6/10 pts Man City goals >5.5 @23 0.5/10 pts all bet365
I disagree, I think Villa's backline looks solid and is the main reason they are unbeaten so far this season. McLeish may not bring a lot of flair to his sides but they are always very well organised and hard to break down. Look when he was at Birmingham, he often took points off the 'top' sides and very rarely were they on the end of a hiding. I do think City will win this but I would urge caution on anyone getting involved heavily on City goals or handicaps.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct First...

Got a lie in tomorrow as its my 26th so i will have time for more consideration. :beer
Happy Birthday! :cheers Hopefully you will get some wins as a reward this weekend! Second... As for the Liverpool - Man U game, anything can happen in all honesty, there will be a lot time with the ball in the box (risk of penalties), chance of sendings off and a load of fans behind / taunting the players. I really think that it can go either way, and you cant really call the result, so like PayDay said, there is most value in the draw. I will not touch the 1 X 2 market, but I think that BTTS is a solid bet, available at around 1.66 Also, I know I'm relatively new to this forum but can we stop all the bloody bickering about teams and stuff. People give their opinions, fair enough, its ok to challenge that if there is a legitimate reason but this season has just been mental, in particular Man U and Liverpool fans getting at each other. It wasn't like that before. Third... Stoke - Fulham I'll be there, any of the PL guys travelling up? I can't say much about Stoke, and I wouldn't bet on us in any way. If the draw was priced around 3.75 I think I would take that, but still. Does anyone know if there are odds available for type of goal scored? Both Stoke and Fulham score a lot of goals from set pieces, a lot of headers, but I cant seem to find stats. Note: Just found first goal method on B365, Header is 5.00 which could be worth looking into, especially with crouch in the team. I don't know how the demolition of QPR will affect our away games, maybe it will be the thing that changes us and allows us to be more confident on the road. Anyway not much of a report today for FFC, not so many injuries that i know of and we didnt have europa today, so other than internationals we all should be quite fit. If there is a market for goals from set pieces then go for that! Based on the advice of others that I agree with my other bets are Man city (goals) BTTS in the everton game Peace x Also, if any of you have twitter please follow me @milesffc but I can see why most of you probably don't want to.

With very similar odds' date=' would you guys say that City has a better chance to beat Villa or Chelsea to beat Everton both at home?[/quote'] I would say City. In my estimation City are better than Chelsea, and Everton are better than Villa.

I disagree, I think Villa's backline looks solid and is the main reason they are unbeaten so far this season. McLeish may not bring a lot of flair to his sides but they are always very well organised and hard to break down. Look when he was at Birmingham, he often took points off the 'top' sides and very rarely were they on the end of a hiding. I do think City will win this but I would urge caution on anyone getting involved heavily on City goals or handicaps.
I agree with this, Aguero looks like he is gonna miss this aswell and Dzeko could be Citys only fit front man. Also expect City to win this game but don't think the odds are great at all, Villa will be hard to break down, Bent is always a goal threat and Agbonlahor is in great form. With City missing a few up front and an important midweek CL game to follow I don't think 4/11 is good enough.

Liverpool - Man Utd Referee is said to be Andre Marriner who took charge of this fixture on Oct 25 2009 issuing 2 red cards & 5 yellows including Evra, Vidic & Carragher....with those three plus the likes of Lucas, Adam, Rooney, Anderson, Gerrard, Skrtel & Bellamey all likely cards when tha atmosphere hots up, it might be worth having a look at Sporting Index's booking market for a buy @ 64 :ok
Is that confirmed? If so, i'll be buying on bookings too but not at 64, that's very high! Probably best to wait for the first 10-15 minutes to pass and that will drop to 55 maybe and see what the tempo, ref and tackles are like! Sporting Index's 2.8 on goals is also tempting...i'll be watching this game very closely with my finger on the 'buy' button!!!:nana

Is that confirmed? If so' date=' i'll be buying on bookings too but not at 64, that's very high! Probably best to wait for the first 10-15 minutes to pass and that will drop to 55 maybe and see what the tempo, ref and tackles are like! Sporting Index's 2.8 on goals is also tempting...i'll be watching this game very closely with my finger on the 'buy' button!!!:nana[/quote'] In answer to my own question....he is reffing it and last time he reffed this fixture it was fiesty, cards were bandied around (7 yellow, 2 red) and he was influenced by the home fans according to Fergie - http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Alex-Ferguson-attacks-Anfield-ref-Andre-Marriner-after-Liverpool-defeat-article201135.html - more of the same and i'll be buying on bookings...

I agree with this' date=' Aguero looks like he is gonna miss this aswell and Dzeko could be Citys only fit front man. Also expect City to win this game but don't think the odds are great at all, Villa will be hard to break down, Bent is always a goal threat and Agbonlahor is in great form. With City missing a few up front and an important midweek CL game to follow I don't think 4/11 is good enough.[/quote'] I don't know how no Aguero or Balotelli would affect things really. Possibly play with Silva, Nasri and Johnson behind Dzeko, which could work pretty well.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct IMO, the best pick for this weekend is QPR 1 @1,9 I have watched QPR twice at home and they were good. They had the pace during most of the time, Wright-Phillips is almost as dangerous as in his best days, Taarabt is yet to prove himself on the big stage, Luke Young is a good player and Moen can be the surprise of the day. Of course, Blackburn has good players too, but they are in a mess. Over 2,5 @1,8 is also a very probable outcome, as the defenses of both teams are pretty weak. There is a bet at my local bookie HW&Over 2,5 @ 2,9 and i will take it too. Any other thoughts?

IMO' date=' the best pick for this weekend is [b']QPR 1 @1,9 I have watched QPR twice at home and they were good. They had the pace during most of the time, Wright-Phillips is almost as dangerous as in his best days, Taarabt is yet to prove himself on the big stage, Luke Young is a good player and Moen can be the surprise of the day. Of course, Blackburn has good players too, but they are in a mess. Over 2,5 @1,8 is also a very probable outcome, as the defenses of both teams are pretty weak. There is a bet at my local bookie HW&Over 2,5 @ 2,9 and i will take it too. Any other thoughts?
Agree with that, Blackburn look slow at the back, think they will struggle to deal with the speed of SWP and Taarabt. You can't guarantee if the QPR defence will turn up though so maybe goals is the best bet.

First... Happy Birthday! :cheers Hopefully you will get some wins as a reward this weekend!
Cheers mate, Iv got one sore head this morning! Yeah would be nice to get a few bets up!! As i posted before I think were thinking along the same lines in regard to the Liverpool and Chelsea games, BTTS looks the way to go as I can see lots of attacking flair on show at Anfield and I cant be having Chelsea at 1-3 when BTTS is 10-11 most places. I know some punters dont see H2H records as relevant in most cases but at the Bridge I think there is some need to consider it due to the Moyes factor and that the Everton side hasn't really changed too much in the past few years. If they can get a goal and point off Chelsea for the past 3 meetings then I can't bet against them doing the same this time around. GL, wil post more later :ok

Liverpool - Man Utd Referee is said to be Andre Marriner who took charge of this fixture on Oct 25 2009 issuing 2 red cards & 5 yellows including Evra, Vidic & Carragher....with those three plus the likes of Lucas, Adam, Rooney, Anderson, Gerrard, Skrtel & Bellamey all likely cards when tha atmosphere hots up, it might be worth having a look at Sporting Index's booking market for a buy @ 64 :ok
Vidic & Maschrano both got second yellows so Sambo1983 was right in that Marriner gave 7 yellows & 2 reds which gives a tidy mark up which hopefully we'll get tomorrow lunch time....:ok

McLeish may not bring a lot of flair to his sides but they are always very well organised and hard to break down. Look when he was at Birmingham, he often took points off the 'top' sides and very rarely were they on the end of a hiding.
oh really? that's the first thing I checked because I had the same impression. They may have stolen some points from the top clubs under McLeish, but it was at home rather than away. Last season all the top clubs beat them convinclingly. If I remember well, City beat them 4-0 and United 5-0.

I just wanted to have a quick say on this match again myself, I wont go over what iv said before but I will quote something iv said yesterday.
The only bet that really sticks out for this one is Man city -1! We (Villa) may be 'unbeaten' this season but for the life of me, and many other villians, we don't know how! It is possibly due to us having one of the easiest set of opening fixtures ever and riding our luck, it will end at eastlands! Villa have lost by at least 2 goals on our previous 4 visits and Man city have only strengthened since whilst Villa have stagnated and possibly weakened. Man city -1 10pts @ evens (coral)
We have been riding our luck and have been beaten convincingly on the past 4 visits so although we could possibly get a goal there it will be a consolation. If Man city don't stick at least 3 past us I will be surprised because not only is our defence quite slow and ponderous, our midfield doesn't protect the back-line much either. If we go to attack Man city or go to defend, as Mcleish surely will, then they will adjust and find a way past us. Our midfield was dominated by them last season and we havn't strengthened that area over the summer. As also pointed out Mcleish did nick a few points at home with the Bluenoses but away got taken apart. The past few weeks have seen Aggy get compared to Ronaldo by Petrov and now Mcleish seems to think that Heskey is Beckenbour, :rollin, I kid you not!!! There is something funny in the water around here at the moment although the fans are not laughing, apart from at those comments. If that hasn't set us up for humiliation at Eastlands I don't know what will!!!!!

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Tottenham (0) @ 1.78 Pinnacle The Newcastle results so far has been surprising. In the begining of the season biggest part of peoplre preddicted them relegation zone, but now they are fighting for the top spots. But if we look a little bit deeper, then we can see that Newcastle has had one of the easiest schedulles so far: Sunderland, Fullham, QPR, Aston Villa, Blackburn, Wolves. None of those teams are actually Tottenham calliber right now. So this will be their first big test against a very good side who right now is on roll. Don't want to overthink this too much, as I don't see Tottenham losing in this one.

oh really? that's the first thing I checked because I had the same impression. They may have stolen some points from the top clubs under McLeish, but it was at home rather than away. Last season all the top clubs beat them convinclingly. If I remember well, City beat them 4-0 and United 5-0.
It was 0-0 at City ;)

Agree with that' date=' Blackburn look slow at the back, think they will struggle to deal with the speed of SWP and Taarabt. You can't guarantee if the QPR defence will turn up though so maybe goals is the best bet.[/quote'] Doesn't deter you that they got beat 6-0 last time out then?

Doesn't deter you that they got beat 6-0 last time out then?
Yes, it would deter me from the home win. I was suggesting betting on goals might be a good idea, because Blackburn's defence is vulnerable to pace, and QPR's defence can be poor as well. :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Placed my first bet for tomorrow as I will be watching Liverpool v Man U at the pub. I would have preferred to take this I/P but fairly pleased with the line as it is.. 1st Red Card SELL @ 78 (£20 per point) Risking £240 (if there's no red), but I feel there's good value here. I don't need to mention anything about the atmosphere around this game.. it's always fiery and cards are common. Suarez, Adam, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas look potential 'carders' for Liverpool, also perhaps Gerrard will be off the pace, which could cause some mistimed tackles... Utd players who stand out for me: Vidic, Evans (if they play), Rooney, Evra... Andre Marriner isn't one of the top refs for dishing out reds, but as people have mentioned already, he gave out 2 reds when he last reffed this game.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct ^ Sorry that wasn't necessarily obvious from my post above. I was pretty tired when I wrote that. For the record, whilst I do think QPR will win the game, I think they are a bit too unpredictable to warrant backing them at 1.83.

IMO' date=' the best pick for this weekend is [b']QPR 1 @1,9 I have watched QPR twice at home and they were good. They had the pace during most of the time, Wright-Phillips is almost as dangerous as in his best days, Taarabt is yet to prove himself on the big stage, Luke Young is a good player and Moen can be the surprise of the day. Of course, Blackburn has good players too, but they are in a mess. Over 2,5 @1,8 is also a very probable outcome, as the defenses of both teams are pretty weak. There is a bet at my local bookie HW&Over 2,5 @ 2,9 and i will take it too. Any other thoughts?
Simply cant see how this is bet of the weekend? remember you can only be as good as your last game and for QPR that was a 6-0 thrashing against Fulham who failed to beat Blackburn at home a couple of weeks earlier... Personally i cant see QPR being much ahead of Blackburn in the table come next May. I really dont know who's going to get there goals, they have played 3 home games scoring 1 goal and even that was courtesy of Richard Dunne..... Campbell? maybe if he gets a game... Bothroyd? has he even scored once yet?... and as for Taarabt he simply hasnt performed because he's acting like the spoilt brat he was at Spurs. Blackburn need to get rid of Kean and get someone in who will keep them in the PL for next season and then look to develop from there. For me Blackburn have actually got a decent core of players in Robinson, Samba, Dann, Pederson, Hoilett, Goodwillie and Yakubu etc but apart from that they look soo weak, plenty of players that arnt good enough for PL football. Current price for Blackburn +0.5 is 2.05 @ Bet365, looks alot kinder than the 1.83 you can get on a home win....

^ Sorry that wasn't necessarily obvious from my post above. I was pretty tired when I wrote that. For the record' date=' whilst I do think QPR will win the game, I think they are a bit too unpredictable to warrant backing them at 1.83.[/quote'] My bad. I should really of quoted Kumanovac.