** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct

Saturday 15 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Liverpool v Manchester United (12:45 BST) 3.2 3.4 2.48 100.98 %
maximize.gif Manchester City v Aston Villa (15:00 BST) 1.36 5.4 11.5 100.55 %
maximize.gif Norwich City v Swansea City (15:00 BST) 2.28 3.4 3.55 101.44 %
maximize.gif Queens Park Rangers v Blackburn Rovers (15:00 BST) 1.91 3.51 4.6 102.54 %
maximize.gif Stoke City v Fulham (15:00 BST) 2.16 3.4 4 100.71 %
maximize.gif Wigan Athletic v Bolton Wanderers (15:00 BST) 2.3 3.4 3.4 102.30 %
maximize.gif Chelsea v Everton (17:30 BST) 1.36 5.2 12 101.09 %
Sunday 16 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif West Bromwich Albion v Wolverhampton Wanderers (12:00 BST) 2 3.4 4.3 102.67 %
maximize.gif Arsenal v Sunderland (13:30 BST) 1.46 4.6 8 102.73 %
maximize.gif Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur (16:00 BST) 3.15 3.4 2.5 101.16 %

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct No bets yet, as there's still a week to go, but at first glance here are my thoughts: Newcastle odds look much too big. They have defended very well this season and their strikers are starting to fire. Spurs are playing well too but 3.15 looks big. However much I think Blackburn will go down unless they get rid of Kean, who seems completely inept as a manager, 1.91 is too short for a QPR side with an average, Championship-standard defence. They also look lightweight up top. I'll come back a couple of days before when team news has come out.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Obviously no team news out yet but West Brom look far too short to me at 1.90 @ bet365. Neither side are in any form at the mo but Wolves have travelled ok so far and West Brom are currently winless at home. I just feel the games closer than the odds suggest. With the draw @ 3.40 and a Wolves win @ 4.20 this is where i can see a bit of value. So a possible lay of West Brom could be on the cards.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct I can see value in the united Liverpool game, with the odds being so even. Working on form, united seem to be slowing down from the punishments the were delivering early season. Liverpool seem to be showing some form despite a loss at white heart last round. Liverpool have a strong home record tuis season with the only result other then a win coming in an unlucky draw to stoke. United havnt 'punished' anyone away from trafford. I think there will be some value taking Liverpool to win with no draw. Also with the scoring form these teams are in, both teams to score could be a good betting option.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Bit early to be taking bets perhaps with one more round of int'l games to go but there are 3 that I like even at this early stage. Liverpool +0.25 AH vs Man United @ 1.870 (Pinnacle:7pts) I think Liverpool are slight favourites going into this one so the odds on offer are value IMO. Liverpool traditionally raise their game at home in games like this against big rivals United and I have no doubt that Kenny will have rallied the troops before this one aswell. Liverpool look in decent shape this season, couple of away defeats aside but they are still bedding in new players and finding a way to get the best out of both Carroll and Suarez. United of course have started the season in great fashion but I believe this will prove to be one of their hardest games of the season, they have scored goals for fun so far but that won't prove as easy against a highly motivated Liverpool side at Anfield, and I do believe United's defence can be got at, especially away from home, they have allowed every side numerous chances so far this season which is rare for them, but not a huge shock when you consider the injuries to Rio and Vidic and although the youngsters like Jones, Smalling have done well, both have loads to learn unsurprisingly in a defensive sense. Talk that United may get Vidic back but I still believe that Liverpool will get a draw minimum in this one. Stoke to beat Fulham @ 2.110 (Pinnacle:5pts) Not much to say here bar that Stoke are one of the best home sides in the PL in recent seasons, very hard to beat and usually play with a good intensity and commitment. Pulis has built a pretty solid side with Crouch now in there to feed off the width provided by Etherington and Pennant. Fulham appear to be beginning to kick into gear under Jol but away results have been a problem for them in recent seasons (3w 9d 7l last season and 0w 1d 2l this season) aswell as scoring goals on the road. Actually one of their few good results on the road last year was a 0-2 win at Stoke which was a surprise. I do think Stoke are worthy favourites to win this one however and anything above evens is good enough for me. Arsenal to beat Sunderland @ 1.455 (Pinnacle:8pts) Price may seem too short for a single but at just a shade under 1/2 I think we are worth taking here, no doubt recent results are having an impact here as we'd usually be far shorter against Sunderland who look pretty poor themselves. Not impressed with the business Bruce has done tbh, Gyan has left on loan and Bendtner has come in but wont be able to feature in this one against his parent club, the midfield seems to be lacking guile and although he's added experienced players from Man United to his backline, I don't rate either O'Shea or Brown too highly. Our defence is there to be got al but I don't think Sunderland have enough in attack to really cause much problems and I expect Bruce to try and flood the midfield in search of a goalless draw. Home games against middle-bottom sides are absolutely vital for us now and we need to be consistent in getting wins, we did that at home do far against Swansea and Bolton and I expect another decent victory at home to Sunderland too. Sagna is out for us since the Spurs game so I would expect us to line up like this: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs/Santos, Song, Arteta, Ramsey, Walcott, Van Persie, Gervinho. GL!

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct @ Multiman- didn't United 'punish' Bolton just a couple of weeks back? The game is too unpredictable so I will probably be leaving it be. Draw @ 3.4 seems the most enticing. Early thoughts for me are Swansea getting something away at Norwich, though I don't know too much about these teams from watching closely (only highlights and results). AH on Swansea against two evenly promoted sides (points wise) looks a good bet to me. Wigan Bolton shouts a draw- pitting two of the worst performing form sides in the league together. Wigan probably deserve their favourites tag, but have Bolton been made to look worse than they are playing the two joint leaders + Arsenal and Chelsea all in the last five league games? Wigan look clueless without Rodallega, Moses hasn't really kicked on from a good pre-season. Maybe unders is good here too? Chelsea look a bit too short, so Everton on an AH could be the way forward. Chelsea haven't convinced at home against newly promoted sides and WBA (though won 3 of 3), Everton rarely lose by more than 1 against the best league sides. Opinions welcome :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Vidic doesn't really like games against Liverpool either, think he's been sent off at least twice against them. I do think though that that was more to do with struggling against an in-form Torres than anything else.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Arsenal (-1.5) @2.2 8/10 pts with bet365 I think that Arsenal plays better than the results suggest, and here we will be out to meet a team that has struggled so far this season. Despite key players leaving the club, and some important guys out injured (Sagna, Wilshere, Koscielny) I still think that Arsenal has much more quality in the ranks. We played quite well against Tottenham and were a bit unlucky to loose the game. The morale is not bad, players and the coach strongly believe they can turn their fortune and go back to winning ways, and I'd also like to stress we do not have a bad record at home this season - 5 wins out of 6, the only loss coming against Liverpool after a red card and an own goal. Also h2h record is quite ok - 7-3-1 in recent years. At Sunderland, Bruce still has a lot to work on, after seeing his camp change significantly in the summer. I think the Gunners will prove too much for them on Sunday. cheers

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Liverpool - Man Utd Tough fixture awaits Ferguson's men, when they travel to Liverpool, to a place where they lost last 3 h2hs. What's worse, United's defence does not look so solid anymore. They conceded 16 shots against Chelsea at home, if memory serves well, conceded 1 against Stoke and 3 against Basel. Last game against Norwich - they let their visitors create many goalscoring opportunities and were lucky not to concede. Of course they have a lot of potential in attack, but so has Liverpool. Carroll finally scored his 1st of the season, Suarez is also a quality player, and midfield with the likes of Adam, Henderson, Gerrard or Kuyt will be hard to break. It may be a long shot but I believe Liverpool will not loose here. My selections: Liverpool (0 ah) @2.1 8/10 pts Liverpool to score >2.5 @6 2/10 pts Suarez to score 1st @ (unknown yet) 0.5/10 pts all bet365

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct @Pay Day IMO when looking at a teams form I only look at the last couple of games, I didnt make this clear sorry. This is the 7th game united have played since the Bolton game, and their biggest win since was a 3-0 victory over a lowely Leeds in the carling cup. The just don't seem to be playing like the team they were early season. Bolton are a team well out of form, and im trying to avoid reading too much into strong victories over them and a struggling Arsenal. Just my opinion, feedback appreciated.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct

Liverpool - Man Utd Tough fixture awaits Ferguson's men, when they travel to Liverpool, to a place where they lost last 3 h2hs. What's worse, United's defence does not look so solid anymore. They conceded 16 shots against Chelsea at home, if memory serves well, conceded 1 against Stoke and 3 against Basel. Last game against Norwich - they let their visitors create many goalscoring opportunities and were lucky not to concede. Of course they have a lot of potential in attack, but so has Liverpool. Carroll finally scored his 1st of the season, Suarez is also a quality player, and midfield with the likes of Adam, Henderson, Gerrard or Kuyt will be hard to break. It may be a long shot but I believe Liverpool will not loose here. My selections: Liverpool (0 ah) @2.1 8/10 pts Liverpool to score >2.5 @6 2/10 pts Suarez to score 1st @ (unknown yet) 0.5/10 pts all bet365
You never factored in how HUGE a difference Vidic will make to the United defence though! He has been a tower of strength for United over the years and they are a different proposition defensively with him in the team.. I think United will get a draw at the very least

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct When betting on total match goals I'm very familiar with the concept of over 2.5 under 2.5 etc etc. However when Betting on under 2 or over 2 at bet 365 for example in the goal line markets, does this mean that regardless of whether you picked over 2 or under 2 if there exactly 2 goals scored, then it's a push? Cheers

You never factored in how HUGE a difference Vidic will make to the United defence though! He has been a tower of strength for United over the years and they are a different proposition defensively with him in the team.. I think United will get a draw at the very least
Have to agree fully here. Don't Pool have a couple suspensions also? Yes Liverpool lift for this game but so do United. An important factor is it's sandwiched between Euro Qualifiers and Champions League games. That is why I don't like these fixtures when fatigue and rotation seriously need to be considered. But in general I think Man U play a superior brand of football to Liverpool and should get something from the game. Just worry about them in midfield as they look to struggle at times.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct If United are as shaky in defence as they were against Norwich then they are in trouble! Dont forget liverpool won this fixture 3-1 last season and they now have a better squad No suspensions for Liverpool

If United are as shaky in defence as they were against Norwich then they are in trouble! Dont forget liverpool won this fixture 3-1 last season and they now have a better squad No suspensions for Liverpool
United won the league with a miserable squad last season. United have a far better side this year! Yes a couple of blips in defence, but they still didnt lose either of them games... Sign of a good side when you can play horrendous and still get results! As i already said Vidic is back and Liverpool to me dont look up to much. They struggled to beat Wolves at home, beat a miserable Bolton side and drew 1-1 with Sunderland... Ye go on about United's bad defence, they have conceded 2 goals in their last 5 league games and Liverpool have conceded 7 goals in their last 5 league games!!

Whilst according to the stats Vidic is something like the second best defender in the league. It's important to remember that alot of United's early season form was built around other defenders, and they've never been a side that relies too heavily on one particular player.
As i already said Vidic is back and Liverpool to me dont look up to much. They struggled to beat Wolves at home, beat a miserable Bolton side and drew 1-1 with Sunderland... Ye go on about United's bad defence, they have conceded 2 goals in their last 5 league games and Liverpool have conceded 7 goals in their last 5 league games!!
This is a common mistake often made, but in my experience you can't judge how a higher level club will perform against another higher level club based on results against lower level sides because the game will be played differently tactically.

Whilst according to the stats Vidic is something like the second best defender in the league. It's important to remember that alot of United's early season form was built around other defenders, and they've never been a side that relies too heavily on one particular player. This is a common mistake often made, but in my experience you can't judge how a higher level club will perform against another higher level club based on results against lower level sides because the game will be played differently tactically.
So your saying Vidic wont make a difference to the team? He makes a huge difference to the side, and if you think otherwise your wrong! All i was stating is that Liverpool have not done that great at home this season, Sunderland got a comfortable draw there and Wolves were the better side for large parts at Anfield also. Was also pointing out that over the last 5 league games Liverpool have conceded 5 more goals than United, yet everyone is ranting about Uniteds poor defence!

United won the league with a miserable squad last season. United have a far better side this year! Yes a couple of blips in defence, but they still didnt lose either of them games... Sign of a good side when you can play horrendous and still get results! As i already said Vidic is back and Liverpool to me dont look up to much. They struggled to beat Wolves at home, beat a miserable Bolton side and drew 1-1 with Sunderland... Ye go on about United's bad defence, they have conceded 2 goals in their last 5 league games and Liverpool have conceded 7 goals in their last 5 league games!! [/quote] I think that's a bit of a silly argument but it isn't just you that does it, a lot of people do. I would look at Liverpool's home form as good. Drew with Sunderland sure, but that was the opening day, and strange results sometimes happen. Blew Bolton away, and beat a Wolves team that can be awkward on their day. Like Jase says above, the mental approach for a game like this will be different from the Liverpool players. I'd only read something in to Liverpool's home form if they were failing to beat Bolton and Wolves.

So your saying Vidic wont make a difference to the team? He makes a huge difference to the side, and if you think otherwise your wrong!
Not, not at all, I'm just trying to bring some ballance to the debate as it's always important in this game to consider all possible avenues and not get carried away with one factor :ok

When betting on total match goals I'm very familiar with the concept of over 2.5 under 2.5 etc etc. However when Betting on under 2 or over 2 at bet 365 for example in the goal line markets, does this mean that regardless of whether you picked over 2 or under 2 if there exactly 2 goals scored, then it's a push? Cheers
Yes, Over 2 with 2 goals scored is money back. Same with Under. If in a combo it counts with odds 1,00.

I'm a life-long United fan' date=' so of course im going to be biased! I have a severe hatred of Liverpool FC :lol[/quote'] I am also a BIG United fan.Hatred against Liverpool not that much like it is against the Citizens. In my opinion,the best bet at all is the both to score as both teams have strong offensive lines.United struggled with their defense since a few games.Vidic is back.Evra called for a better defense ( Fergie did also) but I don't think that it is that easy to implement.The offense is too strong as all of our offensiv players are available ( and this happens not that often).On the other hand,Liverpool has a good striking offense as well.Look at Carroll,Bellamy,Henderson,Gerrard and especially Luis Suarez.The defense is not that good.The best part of the defense is keeper Reina.I am also considering to bet on bookings ( especially for Carragher,Vidic and Lucas). GL to everyone and hopefully a victory for the RED DEVILS:hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Norwich v Swansea Finding it hard to separate these two. I know league tables alone can be very misleading, and with a quick glance at Swansea's away record (played 3, lost 3) you'd expect them to get beat, however, their away games have been against Man City, Arsenal & Chelsea. I don't see much dfference in quality between these two teams, and seeing as they both play in a positive way and each will look at their opponents with respect but also a need to gain 3 points from fellow recently promoted opposition, I can see both teams going out for the win and can definitely see goals. As I say, I see them cancelling each other out and so thinking of the following: Final score 2-2: 1 point @ 16/1 with William Hill Draw: 3 points @ 12/5 with Victor Chandler Over 2.5 goals: 3 points @ 21/20 with William Hill

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct First one I'll take this weekend is Chelsea Everton Both to score? Yes @ 2.03 BFair. Chelsea have conceded in 6 out of 7 games, all their home games (4-1, 3-1, 2-1 against 2 newly promoted teams and WBA). Their team has never looked overly solid this season, looking far better attacking. Bosingwa is a much better attacking than defending right back, and a Terry who seems to be showing his age hasn't had one settled defensive partner throughout the campaign. Weaknesses from set pieces and balls over the top have been evident, which I think Everton can exploit with Baines crosses and set-piece delivery.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Early thoughts and Value (comments appreciated!) Liverpool - Utd The atmosphere at anfield will be electric and Utd won't be able to play their best football. Liverpool lack more sharpness and firepower up front imo. Suarez is great and will be a real handful for the liverpool defence but players like Carroll are so inconsistant. I feel manchester united have much more quality in terms of players, but Liverpool at home is a significant advantage, with currend odds of Liverpool 21/10, its too good to miss! QPR VS Rovers Blackburn are such a poor team under Kean and he will need to go for Blackburn to climb out of a relegation fight. However Kean isnt a complete retard and QPR themselves are not the best of teams. Being newly promoted they won't have as much experience as blackburn and I feel their odds are too short. Blackburn+0.5 EVS+ looks value. City vs Villa Villa lack abit of quality. They are undefeated but havn't really faced a real test. Their wins are really because of poor oppositions rather than themselves playing excellent football. However they are still a solid side. Manchester city are full of talent and even if they play poorly at the start they will slowly turn up the heat. If they go behind even, I feel they will play even better and come back from it. I dont usually go for odds so short, but Manchester city 4/11 looks superb value. Not going to do any handicaps as I feel if manchester city play poorly they could nick this 1 - 0 2 - 0 or 2 - 1.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Hi all, time for an early look at some of the premiership fixtures this weekend after what seems like an eternity away! First up Man City v Aston Villa (my team) The only bet that really sticks out for this one is Man city -1! We (Villa) may be 'unbeaten' this season but for the life of me, and many other villians, we don't know how! It is possibly due to us having one of the easiest set of opening fixtures ever and riding our luck, it will end at eastlands! Villa have lost by at least 2 goals on our previous 4 visits and Man city have only strengthened since whilst Villa have stagnated and possibly weakened. Man city -1 10pts @ evens (coral) Next up is the big one Liverpool v Man U The bet that sticks out for this is both to score. We all know how leaky both teams have been this season at the back and the strikers on show should make many other teams in the Prem very envious. In Suarez, Rooney, Hernandez then mids Nani, young, gerrard, Downing, Kuyt etc goals should fly in if recent form is anything to go by! If I were leaning on an 1X2 result then the draw, despite recent H2H records at Anfield, would be my call. 8pts BTS @ 4-6 (Coral) Also, Second half Most goals 4pts (Coral) @ 11-10 Also, if goals are expected, Liverpool half time lead but fail to win, 1pt @10-1 (Coral) Finally the big game on Sunday (well 4pm Kick off at least:lol) Newcastle v Spurs Both teams to score has to once again be the call, H2H record at St James speaks for itself! 8pts @4-6 (Coral) Both teams have goals in them although admittedly Spurs have the greater goal threat but St James park seems to have a strange effect on the boys from the lane, maybe Getting north of Birmingham give them a fright!!!!:rollin Good Luck all and il post more later in the week! Got a lie in tomorrow as its my 26th so i will have time for more consideration. :beer

First one I'll take this weekend is Chelsea Everton Both to score? Yes @ 2.03 BFair. Chelsea have conceded in 6 out of 7 games' date= all their home games (4-1, 3-1, 2-1 against 2 newly promoted teams and WBA). Their team has never looked overly solid this season, looking far better attacking. Bosingwa is a much better attacking than defending right back, and a Terry who seems to be showing his age hasn't had one settled defensive partner throughout the campaign. Weaknesses from set pieces and balls over the top have been evident, which I think Everton can exploit with Baines crosses and set-piece delivery.
that's right. It is also worth mentioning that Chelsea struggled against Everton recently, the last time they beat them in EPL at stamford was in 2006. The Toffees also scored in 4 out of these 5 games. Bet looks solid, good luck :cheers

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct I was also considering few goals in Man City game, as I expect Aston Villa to come and defend, but it is dangerous considering city's attacking abilities. The home side holds a fantastic recent h2h record 10-1-2, taking into consideration only Premiership matches. They have nearly a full strength team to choose from and I think Nasri, Silva and Aguero will be a constant threat to the visitors. Villa backline, with Dunne and Collins, does not look the most solid in the league. Shay given will have a point to prove at his former club, but I just can't see McLeish's men getting anything here. And if they play to win, they will be punished. My selections: Man City -1ah @1.58 10/10pts Man City goals >2.5 @2.37 6/10 pts Man City goals >5.5 @23 0.5/10 pts all bet365

I am also considering to bet on bookings ( especially for Carragher' date='Vidic and Lucas).[/quote'] If Adam starts then back him to get booked - he didn't get booked in the last so the big clutz is due a booking. Lucas also highly likely to get booked.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 15-16 Oct Just to add to the Chelsea v Everton match I agree with the Both to score bet and should, logically, go with the odds on offer for the draw! Again H2H is the leading light here but Chelsea seem quite agreeable when a team attacks them to conceding! In Cahill, Everton have a player that is capable of getting a goal from any set piece situation. I will be taking the chance on Both to score as, apart from what as already been said, as form this season suggests that any team going to the Bridge is capable of getting a goal and Chelsea going forward will get at least a goal, most probably more!