western skies

Saturday 24 September 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Altrincham FC v Nuneaton Town (15:00 BST) 2.25 3.43 2.6 112.06 %
maximize.gif Boston United v Droylsden (15:00 BST) 2.2 3.41 2.82 110.24 %
maximize.gif Colwyn Bay v Solihull Moors (15:00 BST) 1.53 3.75 5 112.03 %
maximize.gif Corby Town v Blyth Spartans (15:00 BST) 1.61 3.75 4.5 111.00 %
maximize.gif Eastwood Town v Hyde FC (15:00 BST) 4.5 3.75 1.62 110.62 %
maximize.gif Gainsborough Trinity v Guiseley (15:00 BST) 2.1 3.5 2.82 111.65 %
maximize.gif Harrogate Town v FC Halifax Town (15:00 BST) 2.63 3.43 2.25 111.62 %
maximize.gif Hinckley United v Histon (15:00 BST) 1.91 3.5 3.46 109.83 %
maximize.gif Stalybridge Celtic v Gloucester City (15:00 BST) 1.36 4.38 6.81 111.04 %
maximize.gif Vauxhall Motors v Workington (15:00 BST) 1.8 3.5 3.62 111.75 %
maximize.gif Worcester City v Bishop's Stortford (15:00 BST) 1.73 3.6 3.82 111.76 %
Saturday 24 September 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Basingstoke Town v Farnborough (15:00 BST) 2 3.43 3 112.49 %
maximize.gif Bromley v Welling United (15:00 BST) 3 3.43 2 112.49 %
maximize.gif Chelmsford City v Boreham Wood (15:00 BST) 1.41 4.33 6 110.68 %
maximize.gif Dartford v Tonbridge Angels (15:00 BST) 1.57 3.75 5.38 108.95 %
maximize.gif Dorchester Town v Woking (15:00 BST) 3.82 3.6 1.73 111.76 %
maximize.gif Dover Athletic v Havant & Waterlooville (15:00 BST) 1.62 3.6 4.73 110.65 %
maximize.gif Eastleigh v Staines Town (15:00 BST) 2.05 3.41 3 111.44 %
maximize.gif Hampton & Richmond v Weston-super-Mare (15:00 BST) 3.27 3.42 2 109.82 %
maximize.gif Salisbury City v Eastbourne Borough (15:00 BST) 2.1 3.5 2.99 109.64 %
maximize.gif Sutton United v Maidenhead United (15:00 BST) 1.73 3.6 4.15 109.68 %
maximize.gif Thurrock v Truro City (15:00 BST) 3.27 3.5 1.91 111.51 %

Re: England > Weekend > Blue Sq Bet North & South > 24 September Eastwood v Hyde I start this week with that first five point tip of the season, which is Hyde on the handicap at 6/5 with Blue Square. I wrote on Tuesday that Eastwood are in a mess right now and there even seems the possibility that if the supporters can’t gain control of the club from owner/manager Jamie Brough soon then they may not see out the season. Brough is no manager and with the fans protesting by staying away from the game on Tuesday they continue to look very opposable, especially as they face Hyde who have won all ten games and didn’t have a match this mid-week, so should be fresh. Eastwood have conceded four goals in their last two matches, Stalybridge had enough chances to score more than two before that, they kept a clean sheet against Blyth Spartans, but are lacking a striker and five games ago Corby put five past them. Hyde meanwhile have scored in every game, have only failed to score at least two goals on one occasion, and have scored three in their last four matches. Eastwood have only netted four goals in their last six appearances, three of which came on Tuesday against a Bishop’s Stortford side who were lacking in defence. Hyde have some of the best attacking players in the Blue Square North and I just can’t see how they are not going to win this game by more than a goal. Bromley v Welling I went to watch Bromley v Woking on Tuesday night and it confirmed my suspicions that Bromley aren’t very good. They were gifted the lead by Woking thanks to a shocking back-pass and the keeper was at fault for the second. All they did was hit long ball after long ball and there isn’t much class in the side from what I saw. They looked a bit shaky in defence, the keeper wasn’t great either, and although Woking weren’t at their best they still fully deserved the 4-2 win. Welling were top of the table before Woking’s win on Tuesday night and although I am a little concerned that they have lost games they should have won to Dorchester and Borham Wood in their last three matches, I still think they should have more than enough to beat Bromley. Coral’s even money on an away win is too big for me. Eastleigh v Staines The bet above means it is the third time on the trot that I am taking on Bromley and the 4-1 defeat by Staines was the highlight of my tips last Saturday. Staines followed that up with a 2-1 defeat at Dartford, but considering they are second in the table there is no shame in that effort at all and they still look a side who are improving. Eastleigh have got a very young team this year and look like they will continue to struggle. They have only won twice and have managed to pick up just a point against bottom side Hampton & Richmond in their last four. This seems a very winnable game for Staines and Coral go a rather large 2/1.

Re: England > Weekend > Blue Sq Bet North & South > 24 September I can see a bit of value in the 1.7 on offer with sportingbet about Sutton to account for Maidenhead. Sutton have well & truly recovered from their opening day hammering by Woking & are now riding high & unbeaten in five, the most telling statistic is that their goal difference is already +14 despite that opening day 0-5 loss! For their own part, Maidenhead continue to faustrate, have had some good results, but have lost twice in the past week, conceeding 7 goals in the process. I think a trip to a resurgent Sutton will be too much. Have to agree with addpea about Eastleigh, they were very poor when I saw them stuffed by Tonbridge and to think they are full time pros! Staines are a very decent outfit, and are well capable of getting a result there. But the value of the day has to be Hyde, 2.1 on the handicap tipped by Addpea.

Re: England > Weekend > Blue Sq Bet North & South > 24 September I think only some of Eastleigh's players are full time and they are youngsters, worth remembering that Stalybridge were struggling in the BSN this time last year with a full time team and look at them now.

Re: England > Weekend > Blue Sq Bet North & South > 24 September Sorry to people who have followed me today as I have had a shocker. I went to Bromley again and they played better than on Tuesday and actually passed the ball around which at least meant they created some chances although they lacked the quality to put them away. Welling were a disappointment and its hard to see them still being near the top in April on that effort although it was disappointing that once they got in front they didnt see the game out as neither side created anything of note bar the goals in the 2nd half. Hyde nearly lost although did have 10 men during the second half but even so it was a very disappointing effort from them. Hopefully things will change for the better on Tuesday night.

Re: England > Weekend > Blue Sq Bet North & South > 24 September

Sorry to people who have followed me today as I have had a shocker. I went to Bromley again and they played better than on Tuesday and actually passed the ball around which at least meant they created some chances although they lacked the quality to put them away. Welling were a disappointment and its hard to see them still being near the top in April on that effort although it was disappointing that once they got in front they didnt see the game out as neither side created anything of note bar the goals in the 2nd half. Hyde nearly lost although did have 10 men during the second half but even so it was a very disappointing effort from them. Hopefully things will change for the better on Tuesday night.
Dark Saturday , next tuesday will be better :D

Re: England > Weekend > Blue Sq Bet North & South > 24 September

Sorry to people who have followed me today as I have had a shocker. I went to Bromley again and they played better than on Tuesday and actually passed the ball around which at least meant they created some chances although they lacked the quality to put them away. Welling were a disappointment and its hard to see them still being near the top in April on that effort although it was disappointing that once they got in front they didnt see the game out as neither side created anything of note bar the goals in the 2nd half. Hyde nearly lost although did have 10 men during the second half but even so it was a very disappointing effort from them. Hopefully things will change for the better on Tuesday night.
No need to apologise, no one can knock the effort and thought that goes into your non-league punting, we all know these things happen, particularly in football betting.