** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Rugby League: Super League & Co-op Champs Playoffs

kevshat

Re: Rugby League: Super League & Co-op Champs Playoffs Love the playoffs and this series should be one of the best yet. Going with one tonight. 3pts Huddersfield (+16) to beat Warrington Evs Stan James I think the bookmakers may have got a bit carried away with Warrington's form ahead of tonight's match. They've won their last 10 matches and looked really good in doing so but Huddersfield are a bit of a bogey team for Tony Smith's men. Huddersfield have beaten Warrington twice this season already and beat them in last season's playoffs. Warrington got their own back with a win on this ground in their last meeting but that was only by 12pts though and Huddersfield were without their main man Danny Brough that night. Warrington have Adrian Morley back this evening to provide added oomph to their forward pack but Huddersfield more than know how to defend and can put points up too off the back of Brough and Brown's class and creativity. I think in the end Warrington will win this match but 16pts is a lot to cover in playoff football although perhaps not as much as if the losers were knocked out. Even so both sides will be giving it their all for the benefit of having next week off so while I think Warrington will win I think that Huddersfield will stay within 16pts of them.

Re: Rugby League: Super League & Co-op Champs Playoffs Halifax -2, 1.91, Betfred and Ladbrokes. I won't go into too much detail, but Halifax are still very capable on their day, they will be up for this one and the -2 looks generous. Sheffield lose Yere to suspension and there are doubts over a couple of others. There is little doubt Halifax will have their big game heads on today - they've won at both Leigh and Featherstone this season when in the mood, and Leigh only hit the front in the last 20 seconds when they met in the Northern Rail Trophy Final. Leigh and Featherstone are a different class to Sheffield, don't be fooled by Sheffields seemingly good win 35-20 against Widnes last week, Widnes are in wretched form and the result was expected. Halifax to win and -2 at 1.91 is well worth taking.

Re: Rugby League: Super League & Co-op Champs Playoffs That Saints/Wigan game was excellent. One for me in the second game. 4pts Leeds (-10) to beat Hull FC 10/11 Sportingbet After a slow and inconsistent start to the season adjusting to a new coach and injuries killing them, Leeds have really kick started their season in recent weeks losing just one of their last 6 Super League matches which was when they rested everyone at Quins pre-Challenge Cup final. They also qualified for the Challenge Cup final and were unlucky not to win it with a couple of questionable calls costing them tries. Players have gradually come back though and we've seen towards the end of the season that Leeds are a side still to be reckoned with. Hull FC are hampered by injuries at the minute with injury forcing an early retirement to Craig Fitzgibbon their skipper and they could just be lacking a bit of leadership. Danny Tickle returns tonight but reading between the lines it's open to debate how fit he is. Having seen how thoroughly rotten Huddersfield were on Friday night, Leeds will see a chink of light in their quest for Old Trafford and I think they can cruise into a date with the Giants by winning this one by at least two converted tries.

Re: Rugby League: Super League & Co-op Champs Playoffs Nice one Kev. Leeds 42-10:ok Hull didnt luck like scoring much. Missed Sam Obst I felt. Leeds executed well when presented oppurtunities near the line. Leeds did get a few dubious refereeing decisions but Leeds were deserved winners.

Re: Rugby League: Super League & Co-op Champs Playoffs Cheers mate. Agree, the ref had it in for Hull bigtime. The standard of refereeing in all the matches in the playoffs has been poor so far I think. Let's hope that improves for the rest of the comp with it being elimination matches all the way now.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Rugby League: Super League & Co-op Champs Playoffs Been umming and aahing and decided to pull the trigger tonight. 3pts Leeds (+14) to beat Warrington 11/10 Bet365 I really believe this could be a cracking game of rugby and I don't see Warrington running away with this with Old Trafford in their sights. Leeds are going to be bang up for this having been picked by Warrington in Club Call last week and since the Challenge Cup final, and including the Wembley showpiece, the Rhinos have been in very good form. My slight concern here is the week off that Warrington had last week which we've seen has been a real benefit but I'm hoping adrenalin can keep Leeds going, which it will do if this stays close. Everything is on the line tonight. Old Trafford is within touching distance but for the losers it's all over. Warrington have Westwood back tonight while Leeds welcome back Carl Ablett so barring Kallum Watkins both sides are at full strength but when the final hooter goes in this match I will be surprised if Leeds aren't within 14pts of the season leaders but I won't be terribly surprised if it's them heading to Old Trafford. Leeds with the start at odds against for me.

Re: Rugby League: Super League & Co-op Champs Playoffs Good shout Kev. I didn't see that Leeds performance coming, it was head and shoulders above even their very best efforts this year. One thing that's been missing from Leeds this season (and last) is the big game players have no longer been turning it on, though most of them have had a hard time with injuries, on Friday vs The Wire the big guns turned back the clock and showed they can still find that something special. I'm looking forward to the Grand Final now, should be a belter, I suspect Saints will win this. I'm wary of overrating teams that win with long range wonder tries/breakaways, and that describes at least two of Leeds efforts on Friday, you can't always produce them week in week out. I've got my tickets sorted and I'll have to root for Leeds.

3 for me tonight. 4pts Leeds to beat St Helens 6/4 Victor Chandler I can't past Leeds tonight. Not only do Saints seem to have a hoodoo with Old Trafford but this Leeds side are in excellent form. I thought their performance against Warrington last week was superb and they are using their critics to spur them on very well. Saints are always a good side. You don't make 6 Grand Finals on the bounce otherwise but there's a lot of youth in this Saints side who will be experiencing Old Trafford for the first time tonight. Leeds pack is playing good rugby and with Maguire, Webb and Hall in top form and Burrow doing damage from the bench I like Leeds here. 6pts Under 40.5pts 5/6 Ladbrokes This line hasn't been covered since 2001 and with the forecasted rain and two defensively strong sides plus the occasion I don't see it being covered tonight. With what's gone on in Grand Finals between these two in years gone by I think this one will be particularly tightly fought. This has all the ingredients of a great final but for me it's one which will have less than 41pts. 1pt D.Buderus Man of the Match 7/1 Sportingbet We've got two great hookers on show tonight and their personal battle will be a key factor in this final. Danny Buderus is a real big game player. We've seen that throughout his career and the workload he gets through, particularly in defence, will give him a real shot tonight. He's leaving Leeds after tonight and I think he'll go out with a top performance so at 7/1 I'll take the Australian to leave with the Harry Sunderland trophy tonight. Sent from my Desire HD using PL Forum