** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

CL & Europa League forum dumping ground

Jase82

It goes without saying that Stoke are a phsyical, compact side away from home, whom like to get men behind the ball and frustrate/out battle their opponents. I doubt Kiev will have experienced anything like a Stoke side before and i'm not sure they will easily break them down. .
You can't be serious :loon Kiev do play in Eastern Europe, I'm pretty sure they may have encountered a physical side before, and let's not forget that they are very experienced at this level and above. Where as, Stoke are not. Although, yes they do have a few players that bring that added experience level.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September

You can't be serious :loon Kiev do play in Eastern Europe' date=' I'm pretty sure they may have encountered a physical side before, and let's not forget that they are very experienced at this level and above. Where as, Stoke are not. Although, yes they do have a few players that bring that added experience level.[/quote'] Jase82, after you thanked Mike for calling me a tool do you seriously expect me to get into a conversation with you?

Jase82' date=' after you thanked Mike for calling me a tool do you seriously expect me to get into a conversation with you?[/quote'] I never thanked him for calling you a "tool". I thanked him for the premise of his post which was correct in suggesting that you were maybe exaggerating Stoke's chances slightly. And your latest comment really cements the point because you're basically suggesting that Stoke are the one and only side that play with a physical style in Europe. Your initial post critiqued Mahno for having a heavily weighted opinion in favour or Kiev, whilst at the same time elevating Stoke to a point where they should supposedly be considered a top European side. (Obviously you never said that, but the whole theme of your post was heavily lent in favour of Stoke City) Without even considering Kiev and their attributes. I think what we have here is two arguments heavily weighted in favour of one or the other, and we probably need a bit of balance and perspective to the discussion.

I never thanked him for calling you a "tool". I thanked him for the premise of his post which was correct in suggesting that you were maybe exaggerating Stoke's chances slightly. And your latest comment really cements the point because you're basically suggesting that Stoke are the one and only side that play with a physical style in Europe. Your initial post critiqued Mahno for having a heavily weighted opinion in favour or Kiev, whilst at the same time elevating Stoke to a point where they should supposedly be considered a top European side. (Obviously you never said that, but the whole theme of your post was heavily lent in favour of Stoke City) Without even considering Kiev and their attributes. I think what we have here is two arguments heavily weighted in favour of one or the other, and we probably need a bit of balance and perspective to the discussion.
A team like stoke referred to their superior style over other similar teams. Regards, focusing on Stoke, you obviously haven't read the stats i put up for Kiev from last season in this comp or their recent home form. A balanced analysis imo linked heavily to value long term. You wont make lots of money following my picks now and again, and the same goes for any punter on here. I play value and long term. Stoke could very well lose tonight of course but if i back the visitors in games like this at the odds going i'll make money compared to backing the hosts at 1.80. I've taken the time to post MY thoughts with stats and reasoning, i couldn't care less if others do or don't follow them. I'm +24% for season and have 4 seasons behind me, 2 seasons of losses 2 of profit. In my experienced opinion, searching for higher odd value is more profitable (2.00 plus min). As i say Kiev could come through for those backers tonight but after 5 years in this game i'm 90% sure 1.80 odds in a match up like this wont generate much profit if any at all.

Full Stakes on Dynamo Kiev. reasoning is the homer trying to say that stoke is a good squad and will win in eastern europe against a club that has alot of experience in UEFA competitions. the homers are get pulled back down to earth after they go rah rah their local club is better than anyone thinks. hopefully he will learn to take off the "stoke" coloured glasses one day when betting. :)
so experienced they drew 2-2 with Bate and 0-0 with sheriff. Also only won 2 of last 3 games 1-0. NOTE- i DON'T support stoke

LMAO are you simple????? you dont think you can win money by placing bets at -120 or 1.8. what would you rather have?? a profit of 0 or a profit of 80 on a 100 wager? sure if you play enough underdogs, you will win some and you're payout will be good for the one game, but tell me how many underdogs you can actually pick out correctly on a consistent basis. underdogs are great in certain spots, but saying you will not pick a -120 favourite at home is bad logic. maybe if you said picking -200 favourites is not good, then i can see your argument
I play more home teams at odds of 1.80 - 2.50 than i do away sides on the dnb/outright or +1. However, i'd never pick a home side who struggle at home so much at those odds unless i've seen other factors that suggest improvement or more motivation, which i don't here. I didn't look at this fixture and search for value on Stoke, i considered all scenarios and Stoke is the value. Calling me simple isn't appropriate, i could confuse your little mind with mathematical analysis of value if i wanted to. However, i have no motivation to so do on a betting forum. Resorting to insults along with Mike only devalues the site imo and shows you up for what you are.

so your same logic that produces those results' date=' doesnt think that stoke was 3 wins, 3 draws and 13 losses last year away from home?????? that same logic say that 70% of the time they will lose away from home. hmmmm so 1.8 seems like ok odds to me[/quote'] If that's all you use as your analysis then yes it looks like you'll profit and maybe tonight if your backing them you will make some money. However, i've got other factors i consider which sways me away from the home win when aiming to achieve profit Long term. I've got nothing to add to Kiev v Stoke anymore. I've took the time put the info up with my reasoning and that's all there is to it. I'm not going to let a few idiots spoil my enjoyment of discussing bets with other like minded people but some of the comments have made me wonder why i've even bothered.

I've got qualifications in statistical analysis mainly in the area of computing programming. So yes, it's likely you wont understand alot of my analysis methods unless of course you're an educated man? But from your insulting comments, i don't very much you are.
you are no better than me, because of at this moment, you are doing the exact same thing with your time as me. the only difference is you think you are smart for any argument you make on here. you believe that you are doing someone a favour by telling a bunch of strangers that you know stoke inside out and there opinion is wrong and that you are a mathematical genuis??? make your bet and put your money where your mouth is and if you are so smart you should be happy with fatter wallets.

you are no better than me, because of at this moment, you are doing the exact same thing with your time as me. the only difference is you think you are smart for any argument you make on here. you believe that you are doing someone a favour by telling a bunch of strangers that you know stoke inside out and there opinion is wrong and that you are a mathematical genuis??? make your bet and put your money where your mouth is and if you are so smart you should be happy with fatter wallets.
But i'm not here to show off my mathematical skills. It was a response to your insulting 'simple' comment. A comment you made without foundation. No one benefits from posting here, it's all free of charge. But by doing so we all hopefully make better educated decisions. It's human nature to want to interact with other like minded individuals. It seems you have a problem with the concept of a forum and a users validity to post on it. As i say, you've got a very strange logic.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 15 September @Profit Prophet Regarding the keeper situation at Stoke, You keep saying that Sorenson is close to being No.1 and all that but Begovic is his No 1. Sorenson only gets to play in Cup games these days. He lost his place last season after the Man United game. My sisters neighbours dogs uncles Postman is a Stoke fan and he heard it on the grapevine

• 2 weeks later...

Re: UEFA Champions League > 28 September

any chance dude u could change your username' date='your tips are brutal and people might think they're mine,cheers:beer[/quote'] I would be certain that if you check the IP Address that Oscillatewildly would have the same IP! Where are these tips? Thats your first post :lol

• 1 month later...

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 2nd November

Can we get this clown removed from the site please? Nonsense post after nonsense post. Yet another Irish person who claims to be a Man Utd fan. (Yawn)
This coming from the guy with 30 odd posts? :lol Anyways, im done with the football section. Its a very aggressive section of the forum, you cant give an opinion without being abused in some way shape or form! As for me being a United fan, my grandfather was a United fan since the 1930's and my whole family support United since that time! You dont have to be from Manchester to support United, afterall without the international support base United has, it would be doomed as a club... Then we get a chap that contributes fook all asking for someone to be thrown off the site!

Yep that's all very impressive but this is the betting section. Personally I don't care who anyone supports as long as they can separate their passion for a team from our collective love of making money on football matches. You seem to take it personally every time someone dares suggest a bet that might be negative against the team you clearly love. I think that's the wrong attitude to have in this particular section. I agree it's a bit of out of order urging moderators to throw people off. But I think you could be a lot more popular in here if you stayed off the topic of Man Utd, unless you have definitive information that helps people make a better decision. I'm only suggesting it so don't get mad at me. :D If you want to continue arguing the case for Man Utd everytime we discuss their matches in here, then of course you're free to do so until a moderator says otherwise. I don't think people need to request moderators censor you. vBulletin has a very useful ignore function we can use if any of us gets tired of you. So far, I haven't reached that point. :) Anyway I just get the impression you love Man Utd more than you love making money betting against them. And that is a lethal combination that will quickly make you quite unpopular on any betting forum.
I love Spurs and would prefer not to make money betting against them. When I go to the game I just want to be getting behind the team rather than worrying about losing money, and if we win I don't want to have my enjoyment of the win lessened by having lost a bet. I'd imagine a lot of people on here are the same, but yeah- I will happily say on here if Spurs are underpriced even though I'm not putting the bet on myself. And I will try and keep it civil with fans of other clubs as we are all here to help each other. As far as I'm concerned Aidy hasn't said anything wrong on here.

Can we get this clown removed from the site please? Nonsense post after nonsense post. Yet another Irish person who claims to be a Man Utd fan. (Yawn)
Maybe you should show some respect, especially considering the vast difference in contribution to this forum between you and Aidy :).