** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Man Utd Special

Anyone see value in a man utd trophy swoop at 200/1. I know its a long shot, but they look so strong, and more importantly, younger and hungry, with the correct blend of experience. Its tempting me for a few quid! I think the league is theirs to lose, and champions league wise i think they have a great shout. Barcelona are not unbeatable, and we all no a team has never won back to back! Would like to hear your thoughts... 200/1 is with skybet by the way

Re: Man Utd Special As I understand it, you'd be betting on United to do the quadruple - something that has never been achieved before in English football. I know they've started the season well, but I think that's unrealistic. Bear in mind, despite their recent good form in the competition, they've only won the League Cup 4 times in their entire history, and I think Fergie's priorities will clearly lie elsewhere.

Re: Man Utd Special I don't think they are guaranteed to win anything yet. They have started very well, but who knows what could happen this year? Man City look like they could push them all the way in the League, the FA Cup seems to have been alluding them for some years and of course Barca stand in the way of winning the Champions League. Also the League Cup will be interesting this year in regards to United. They have always played the young lads and reserve team players, but this year I don't really see a weak team they can put out. All the young players are battling and keeping first team places, so unless he really goes into the youth team he is going to have a great team for the League Cup.

Re: Man Utd Special Barca are still streaks ahead of United, and I think Real are better than United as well. Would be a massive achievement for them to win the Champs League. I also think it would be difficult to concentrate on all 3 english competitions. Going off the start of the season, I can't see City finishing the season trophyless. Saying that, 200-1 is quite big. Maybe worth a quid bet but not much more

Re: Man Utd Special United may do it, but I feel this would be a tad reactionary. Yes, United have started the season well, but there is still a long long way to go yet :ok Don't forget United usually are the side that starts off the season slow and then builds up a head of steam in the latter stages.

Re: Man Utd Special

United may do it' date=' but I feel this would be a tad reactionary. Yes, United have started the season well, but there is still a long long way to go yet :ok[b'] Don't forget United usually are the side that starts off the season slow and then builds up a head of steam in the latter stages.
I've been thinking about this over the weekend! Fergie usually gears his teams towards the second half of the season as he knows it's all about how you finish the season, but i think he rates the threat of city as so big he can't afford to let them get ahead of united this year and i wonder what effects it will have on united towards the latter stages of the season? On the subject of trophies i can't see anyone outside the 2 Manchester clubs taking any English silverware this season, i think they're miles ahead of the rest in the premiership at the moment! For a team to knock one of them out of a cup - possible, both of them - highly unlikely, think they have to be drawn against each other early on to give anyone else a real chance! Champions league- Barcelona are still the best team in the world at the moment and Real Madrid look like a stonger team than last year, Man Utd and City will be in the mix for it and it'll probably come down to who's gets a little bit of luck at the right time!