** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Odd and Even goals scored a question and sharing some info

Has anybody managed to use the odd or even goals scored markets to any great effect or as a saver position? The odds are pretty much fixed so allows for easy use of playing around and makes for a great "known" when working with things. Odds normally pay 2.0 and evens between 1.90 to 1.95. I've been messing around with this for some time and simple combo that has worked for me is to dutch a bet between the DRAW and the ODD outcome on a game where both teams are pretty well matched. You end up covering a very high degree of the possible outcomes but it tends to only pay 1.25. I had one run of about 12 non lossing bets. Anyway, regardless of all this success my turnover in the betting accounts was great but when the losses hit they tend to hit hard...same old same old. And basically as I've found out it just deosn't stand up to 3 losses in a row....what a loser!!!!:eyes Having shared this with you all has anybody managed to use ODD or EVEN markets in a different way....say with asian handicaps...draw no bets etc etc

Re: Odd and Even goals scored a question and sharing some info There was a post a while ago where the poster backed odd goal and also backed a draw.That way if the game ended with goals being odd he got his money back,draw he would be in profit , as the draw covers most even scores.But a 2-0,3-1 4-0 4-2 etc would mean both bets lost.I tried this for a few bets (small stakes) and it does seem to work but i guess to make a profit you need to hit draws on a regular basis.

Re: Odd and Even goals scored a question and sharing some info thanks everybody I'll look into this. For the records the system does seem to work more often than not. And, using the draw outcome as a "draw no bet" saver tends to push the odds up a little. But you might as well just Dutch the bet given the difference. It seems that a high number of games end in odd outcomes than true even (not counting the draws) and once you factor the draw you're covering a huge range. Just take look at the results on for any day and you'll see what I mean.

So, there's got be away here me thinks...

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Odd and Even goals scored a question and sharing some info I had a very quick look at yesterdays results (I know it's nowhere near enough) and dutching the draw with odd total goals resulted in 84% wnners (and that included two 6-0's :D) so if you can get an average 1.25 then it would do well as you would need 75% to break even Thing is the lower the draw odds obviously the lower return - higher draw odds like 4.0 would produce a bigger profit but would reduce the chance of a draw (which ultimately you are looking for as the odd bet is the saver) When I get time I'll look at this more closely - maybe leagues with less goals like Portugal, France and Italy will be better :)

Re: Odd and Even goals scored a question and sharing some info Correct Max, the higher the draw odds the bigger the profit. Whilst betting on every game in the league is an option I'm still on the tack that there is has had got to be another way to use this setup/combo in a better way. You do need over 1.35 to mop up losses, I've found this out by just randomly betting on games (which actually worked for a while...).