NCAAF Week One Picks

AGurv

2007-2008 Overall 128-104-6 +16.30 units (55.17%) 2008-2009 Overall 122-120 -5.29 units (50.41%) 2009-2010 Overall 68-52 +9.30 units (56.66%) 2010-2011 Overall 44W-35L-2P +5.80 units (55.69%) I had a pretty good year last year, but had a terrible bowl season. Either way I made a small profit so I was contest. Good luck to all this NCAAF season TCU -5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I guess I'm one of the few suckers to buy into this game and go in the way of TCU. They only have 8 returning starts but I feel it is the system and the coaching staff that will keep this team going just about the same way they went last year. Pachall has a grand total of 9 passing attempts for his career so this would be TCU's biggest weakness going into this. I think whats gonna help TCU alot in this game is that they have a great running game. This Baylor defense is being rebuilt with a new coach but I don't believe the first game of the year is gonna be the day we see them vastly improve. TCU rushed for nearly 300 yards in last years game and Griffin really didnt do much. No real big mistakes but nothing big out of him. I think that in the end the running game is where its at with TCU. They'll be able to control the clock and slowly wind down this defense

Re: NCAAF Week One Picks tried to look for something to bet on Thursday but it just wasn't there for me Boston College -2.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes This game should be a close one but I think that BC will prevail in the end. BC is coming back with a great defense and should be able to contain Persa. The offense is coming back with 9 starters and will improve IMO in all areas. Should be a good game, but defense gets it done for BC. UCLA +3 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes No one more in need of a good season in the coaching world then Rick Nueheisel.They've got 17 starts coming back . For Houston there biggest weakness seems to be the O-line while the the defense for UCLA is probably there biggest strength. Keenum is coming back for his 27th year in the NCAA's but I think the lack of offensive line will hurt him this year (literally)

Re: NCAAF Week One Picks Notre Dame -10 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I guess I'm a sucker here. I think USF is highly overrated this year with some people even picking them to win the Big East. I have no faith in BJ Daniels at all. He feels like a poor man's Jordan Jefferson whos a poor mans Mike Vick. USF hasn't done very well outside the conference and they haven't done very well on the road, and this will be one of the tougher environments theyve ever had to face. I think Notre Dame is an improved team on all all fronts, with 17 returning starters. They should be a force to be reckoned with this season, especially with Floyd coming back! Georgia +3.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Boise St opens the season for the 3rd straight year with a game that could break the entire season. I've taken Boise the first 2 years, but after living on the edge I'm going against Boise on this one. Even though Boise won both against Va Tech and Oregon, they barely got it done. I think the difference with this game is Georgia is probably the strongest defensively. Aaron Murray loses AJ Green, but I expect he gets better because the O-line can only improve from lat year. With the hook I love this bet, because Boise hasn't looked good in either the Oregon game or Va Tech (though they won)

Re: NCAAF Week One Picks LSU +4.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Even with Jefferson out these guys might get out of this better with Lee in the game. Cowboys stadium will certainly give LSU the advantage here. Oregon has lost a bunch of players off the O-line and D-line. LSU has great experience on the defensive side of the ball which is worth going for these points with me, I think they win outright TBH.

Re: NCAAF Week One Picks Mississippi State -31.5 @ 2.17 pinnacle Mississippi State looks much better this year as they get their dual threat QB Relf back,as he managed to throw for 1789 yards last season with 13 TDs and 6 INTs. He also managed to run for 713 yards, and with RB Ballard back, (who ran for 968 yards and 19 TDs) like them to pound the ball, as they averaged 215 yards per game (second in their conference). Also they get some weapons back at WR, with Bumphis, Clark and Smith. In front of them they get 3 of their offensive lineman which should give Relf plenty of time to pick his plays. Memphis returns 3 defensive linesman and 1 linebacker to stop this potent MSU offence. Not only do they look weaker in the trenches but they have a very inexperienced secondary, one which Relf and his WRs should exploit. Memphis allowed an average of 38 points and 445 yards per game, and would not surprise they gave up this many and more here. On defence, MSU get back 3 defensive lineman, while their secondary also retains their key players back there. While they have some inexperience with the linebackers, they are good enough to limit Memphis. Memphis have a new QB trying to throw to 2 returning WRs but up against an experienced secondary. Also with just 2 returning starters on the offensive line, can see them being pushed around by MSU's DL, and their QB getting sacked here. Mississppi State beat Memphis 49-7 at home last year and the signs are not good for Memphis, as they look weaker than last year, while MSU looks better. Wisconsin -35 @ 1.94 pinnacle Wisconsin averaged 41 points per game last year and they have lost some good players on offence, but the transfer of QB Wilson from North Carolina gives them a very good players who has 76 TD passes as well as 17 rushing TDs. They have two very good RBs returning in White and Ball as they averaged over 6 yards per carry and combined for 32 rushing TDs. Also with WR Toon (had 459 yards and 3 TDs) and 3 returning offensive lineman, they look well placed to score many points here again. UNLV's defence allowed 40 points per game last year, and return just 2 starters on the DL as well as 2 starters in the secondary. Too much inexperience here, and Wisconsin should be able to pass and run all over them without too many problems. Defensively, Wisconsin return 3 defensive lineman, a linebacker and two very good starters in the secondary, so they will be a hard to team to score on. UNLV have a brand new QB and though they get 2 WRs and a TE back, hard to see them beat the Wisconsin secondary. With just 2 starters back on the OL, they are going to have further problems in stopping Wisconsin's big DL getting to their QB. While Wisconsin did beat them 41-21 last year on the road, expect them to be primed to do well first up at home, with this UNLV looking like they areworse than last year's team. TCU -6.5 @ 2.20 pinnacle TCU is rebuilding on the offensive side, as they get back just 1 starter on the OL. They have a new QB here, and if he can get going early, he has some good weapons to aim at, with a couple of WRs and a TE to help him out. Also with two good rushers in Welsey and Turner, they can pound the ball on this Baylor defence that had its problems last year. Like them to do well on a Baylor defence that returns 3 starters on the DL, a LB and a CB from a side last year that allowed 31 points per game, as well as 265 passing yards per game and 170 rushing yards per game. Baylor's offence should do well this season as they have QB Griffin who can run, and pass the ball to 2 returning WRs behind 4 returning starters on the OL. They averaged 281 passing yards per game and 195 rushing yards per game, but most of the running will be based on Griffin, which may be too much for him, up against a very good TCU defence. Last year, TCU allowed just 12 points per game, with just 129 passing yards and 95 rushing yards per game, as they get 2 starters back on the DL, 2 very good LBs and 2 more in the secondary. With the lack of an effective running game and the constantpressure from these 2 LBs, Griffin will have to throw much more and throw early, and not sure that this TCU defence can be stopped here.

Re: NCAAF Week One Picks Maryland -2.5 (-125) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes When it comes down it I think these suspensions really kill Miami. Maryland is no power house team but with Randy Edsall I expect to run a pretty balanced attack and control possession. Thatll be it for my week, GL all

Re: NCAAF Week One Picks Mississippi State -31.5 @ 2.17 :D Wisconsin -35 @ 1.94 :wall Wisconsin wins by 34 points, and missed a PAT which would have given this a push. Furthermore, they led by 48 points in the third quarter and would have thought they would have gone on with it, but they then rested some of their offence and did not score, but allowed 2 TDs to close the gap :@ Record: 1-1 (+0.17)

Re: NCAAF Week One Picks TCU -6.5 @ 2.20 :( Alabama -38 @ 1.93 pinnacle Alabama may have lost McElroy at QB and Ingram at RB but they have a star in the making with Richardson to run the ball there and he should do well behind an offensive line that has 4 starters returning. Also with a couple of WRs returning, they have good players to aim for whoever becomes the new QB. Kent State have 1 starter on the DL, two LBs and 2 CBs returning but this is a big mismatch they have against one of the best teams in the country. In defence, Alabama may be even better than last year, with one starter in the DL, two LBs and their secondary all returning. Kent State have 9 starters returning on offence with QB Keith, RB Terry and 4 OL, but they are up against a very quick and talented defence that will not give them much time to make their passes Record: 1-2 (-0.83)

Re: NCAAF Week One Picks Hi everyone! :welcome I've spent many months in the dark... but with the College Football kickoff, I return. I've read your posts for many years, so now I'm gonna try it... VIRGINIA TECH -26 @ 1.90 VT has lost the last three openers but is one of the most consistent teams in ACC. Hookies always play hard at home with tought defence and ASU is not enough to stop running game of VT. ASU has improve in the last 2 years but I think the blowout is a fact. Predicted outcome: 45-9

USC -24 @ 1.90 This is 2nd year for Kiffin. Last season it will be a nightmare, nothing else... Barkley made a good season last year. But the key of the game will be Defense! If Lane Kiffin has made homeworks... We can see a tough team against a "new" team under construction with new head coach and young players.

Re: NCAAF Week One Picks Alabama -38 @ 1.93 :D Record: 2-2 (+0.1) South Carolina -20.5 @ 1.92 pinnacle South Carolina should show even mroe improvement with the way this team has been guilding for this season. They get back their QB Garcia, who will have plenty of options with the outstanding RB Lattimore (nearly 1200 yards and 17 TDs) as well as two WRs, Jeffery and Moore returning this year. With 3 starters on the OL, Garcia should have time to pick apart this East Carolina defence that was woeful last year. They get back 3 DL and 3 more in the secondary, but with a lack of experience in the LBs, expect SC to pound the ball agains them. On defence, South Carolina gets back 2 DL, 2 LBs and 3 starterts in the secondary, so they will be tough to score on. While EC gets their very good QB Davis back, as well as 3 WRs, they do not have anyone to pound the ball, and will have to rely on Davis to run it. Also they have jsut 1 starter returnig on the DL, and expect this SC defence to get to Davis much more than he expected to. Tough one for EC to start with, but their state rivals SC will be looking to make a statement in the SEC this year, and like them to do well in this opening game Texas -23.5 @ 1.97 pinnacle Texas get their QB Gilbert back, and much more will be expected of him now that he has a year under his belt. They have two of their RBs coming back in Johnson and Whitaker, while big things are expected of Brown this year. Also, they have two WRs in Davis and Turner so Gilbert should be familiar with them, and 2 starters on the OL, so this Texas offence should be much better this year, where they stuttered in the second half of last season.Rice have 8 starters back on defence, but this was a side that finished ranked 107th last year, and though they may improve, they are still not in the same class as Texas. On defence, Texas looks good with 2 DL, 2 LBs and both safeties returning which gives their defence a basis to work with. Rice have 9 starters returning on offence, but they look out of their depth here.Texas beat them last year and like them to make a statement here again, as they look to start off well and get rid of their bad form from last year. Oklahoma -24.5 @ 1.95 pinnacle Oklahoma look very good on offence this year with QB Jones returning, as well as WRs Broyles and Stills and TE Hanna, behind 4 starters on the offensive line. So while there is no experienced RB, they do have plenty of good players to see them make yards through the air. Tulsa's defence gave up 451 yards per game last year, and they return 7 starters there, and while they will be much more experienced, they On defence, Oklahoma returns 2 DL, 2 LBs and a CB which gives them some good players to work with as this Oklahoma team looks pretty well balanced on both sides of the ball. Tulsa get back their QB Kinne and 3 WRs as well as TE, so they will throw the ball here, since they too lack an experienced QB, and they will play behind 5 returning starters on the OL. They did well in their bowl game in beating Houston, but facing the number one ranked first up is a tough ask. Oklahoma beat them 45-0 2 years ago, and while it is doubtful that they will beat them by that margin here, Oklahoma will win comfortably, as anything less than spread may see them lose their number one ranking straight away.

Re: NCAAF Week One Picks Marshall +23.5 @ 1.98 pinnacle West Virginia get back their QB Smith this year and with WRs Austin and Bailey also returning, expect them to air the ball quite a bit, especially as they are thin in running backs. They also have 4 starters on the offensive line to give him time to find his targets but they face a good Marshall defence that has 3 DL, 2 LBs and 3 more in the secondary returning this year, so they have plenty of experience in defence. On defence, WVU gets back only 4 starters from a side that allowed just 12 points per game, so they may be vulnerable and they face a Marshall side that has a RB and WR returning, as well as 3 OL, but without an experienced QB, they may have problems in scoring points here. Marshall lost by 3 points to WVU last year, and like them to do enough here to keep this close and within the spread Record: 4-3 (+1.02)

Re: NCAAF Week One Picks YOU REALY DO KNOW YOUR STUFF BLACKCROW...I WAS ON MARSHALL ON THE HANDICAP THANKS TO YOU LAST NITE...AND ALSO FOLLOWED YOU ON ALABAMA, TEXAS AND OKLAHOMA...DONT KNOW A GREAT DEAL ABOUT COLLAGE FOOTBALL TO BE HONEST BUT I DO LIKE TO BET ON IT...DONE A FEW WINNERS OF MY OWN ON THE BIG TEAMS LIKE OHIO AND AS IT STANDS IM ON A WINNING STREAK STREAK OF 8...JUST THE ONE GAME TONITE MIAMI V MARYLAND...WAS LEANING TOWARDS MARYLAND MYSELF BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW BLACKCROWS THOUGHTS AS YOUR A AMERICAN FOOTBALL LEGEND IN THIS HOUSE..:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Re: NCAAF Week One Picks Thanks for the props bookiebasher but maybe you are going a bit too far in the college football legend ..... AG is pretty good too. :ok Maryland - Miami (Florida) over 45.5 @ 2.03 pinnacle With Miami losing some key players on defence to suspension, then Maryland, with their returning QB O'Brien, and with 4 OL also coming back, should have time to pick his targets. RBs Meggett and Adams are also back to share the workload for Maryland and with no effective pass rush due to the suspensions, then can see Maryland do some scoring here. Without their starting QB Harris, Miami will have Morris at QB and he did a good job in his first season, and like him to do well here. They did well last year in running the ball on Maryland and expect them to use the same approach, as even though Maryland returns 7 starters on defence, they have lost a couple of quality players. With all the players Miami have lsot, they still have some quality about them and they can score on this Maryland defence Record: 5-3 (+2.00)

Re: NCAAF Week One Picks

Thanks for the props bookiebasher but maybe you are going a bit too far in the college football legend ..... AG is pretty good too. :ok Maryland - Miami (Florida) over 45.5 @ 2.03 pinnacle With Miami losing some key players on defence to suspension, then Maryland, with their returning QB O'Brien, and with 4 OL also coming back, should have time to pick his targets. RBs Meggett and Adams are also back to share the workload for Maryland and with no effective pass rush due to the suspensions, then can see Maryland do some scoring here. Without their starting QB Harris, Miami will have Morris at QB and he did a good job in his first season, and like him to do well here. They did well last year in running the ball on Maryland and expect them to use the same approach, as even though Maryland returns 7 starters on defence, they have lost a couple of quality players. With all the players Miami have lsot, they still have some quality about them and they can score on this Maryland defence Record: 5-3 (+2.00)
not after this weekend :wall GL on your bet tonight